HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 NBA Season Thread: A depressing alternative to the NHL Lockout

Old
01-03-2013, 03:55 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
felton is also capable of singlehandedly blowing games by shooting 3/20 from the field. Never been a fan of his game.

Ive picked the Spurs to win the title literally every year since 2003. They just understand how to play the game all around. Their strengths, opponents weaknesses, and they never let off the gas. Duncan is a top 10 player of all time.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Spurs are my favorite team after the Nets. Tim Duncan is one of the greatest PF ever to play the game. First ballot HOF.

Jersey Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 05:51 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
felton is also capable of singlehandedly blowing games by shooting 3/20 from the field. Never been a fan of his game.

Ive picked the Spurs to win the title literally every year since 2003. They just understand how to play the game all around. Their strengths, opponents weaknesses, and they never let off the gas. Duncan is a top 10 player of all time.
it pisses me off so much when hes 3 for 18 and continues to chuck up terrible shots, but i ll take that 7 or 8 times a season. thats why we have kidd and prigioni. but when he plays on his game, or even just an average game, he makes the knicks very, very tough to beat. hes the glue in the starting lineup

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:06 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
where have you been the past 2 months?
Quote:
with the nets having a small fan base, i welcome pretty much everyone who wants to hop aboard. That being said, youre embarrassing the few of us
I'll admit that I hopped on the wagon, but I also really like the team and see myself following them for good. I also never supported another NBA team and just really started following the NBA. (As a matter of fact, the game in Brooklyn against the Cavs this past weekend was the first NBA game I ever went to.)

I was intrigued with the idea of a team that explicitly identifies as representing Brooklyn and not trying to be another "New York" team, and it's not my fault they decided to finally start marketing the team to the public and to new fans after the move.

You guys are acting like I just started rooting for the Thunder or Heat. I'm not front-running when the Nets are seventh in the East, now, am I?

I didn't know I needed to clear that with you guys, but I'll be sure to PM you whenever I cheer for a team to make sure it's okay.

PacManNJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:29 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
go penguins! go crosby!

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 08:30 PM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
go penguins! go crosby!
Go Rainjuhs!

Old
01-03-2013, 09:10 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacManNJD View Post
I'll admit that I hopped on the wagon, but I also really like the team and see myself following them for good. I also never supported another NBA team and just really started following the NBA. (As a matter of fact, the game in Brooklyn against the Cavs this past weekend was the first NBA game I ever went to.)

I was intrigued with the idea of a team that explicitly identifies as representing Brooklyn and not trying to be another "New York" team, and it's not my fault they decided to finally start marketing the team to the public and to new fans after the move.

You guys are acting like I just started rooting for the Thunder or Heat. I'm not front-running when the Nets are seventh in the East, now, am I?

I didn't know I needed to clear that with you guys, but I'll be sure to PM you whenever I cheer for a team to make sure it's okay.
It has nothing to do with hopping on a bandwagon. It's the trash talking without paying your dues. You did the same thing with the Packers and it's obnoxious.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:14 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogie42 View Post
it pisses me off so much when hes 3 for 18 and continues to chuck up terrible shots, but i ll take that 7 or 8 times a season. thats why we have kidd and prigioni. but when he plays on his game, or even just an average game, he makes the knicks very, very tough to beat. hes the glue in the starting lineup
I just don't see it, personally. I think the Knicks are better with Kidd than Felton, personally.

The problem the Knicks might have, and it could be a good or bad problem depending on how they accept it, is they'll have 6 closers in a 5 man sport. Who sits out of Kidd, Felton, Smith, Melo, Amare, and Chandler. Does that disrupt chemistry, attitudes, etc?

Old
01-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
KNICKS DOMINATE THE SPURS AT HOME

WHAT WHAT

sorry.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Scott04

Quote:
It has nothing to do with hopping on a bandwagon. It's the trash talking without paying your dues. You did the same thing with the Packers and it's obnoxious.
This. I know too many people that also do this as they just got into the Rangers anywhere from 2010 to the middle of last season and are acting like they've been fans for most of their lives. Same goes for people with the Knicks in the last year or two and people at times with Brooklyn during the last few months. Its ridiculous. I really wish there were a way to institute a universally accepted 3-year "shut up and know your role" policy for all new fans of teams. You can become a fan of any team whenever you want. You must watch and support the team for 3 years before you can start **** talking people about it. That's it. Pay your dues, then go nuts. Everyone has to start somewhere, so its fine to join later on than others. But sit down and shut up for a while first.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 01:20 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
This. I know too many people that also do this as they just got into the Rangers anywhere from 2010 to the middle of last season and are acting like they've been fans for most of their lives. Same goes for people with the Knicks in the last year or two and people at times with Brooklyn during the last few months. Its ridiculous. I really wish there were a way to institute a universally accepted 3-year "shut up and know your role" policy for all new fans of teams. You can become a fan of any team whenever you want. You must watch and support the team for 3 years before you can start **** talking people about it. That's it. Pay your dues, then go nuts. Everyone has to start somewhere, so its fine to join later on than others. But sit down and shut up for a while first.
I've put a lot of Nets fans in their places, and by a lot I mean like two. All you have to do is ask to name the starting 5 last year, or at least who played center when Lopez went down. If you can't muster up Petro and Williams, then you haven't "always been a Nets fan, even when they were bad."

Old
01-04-2013, 01:48 AM
apice3*

Very intrigued to see how the Nets handle the Wizards tomorrow. Coming off their est win of the season in a place where road teams never win, going to face one of the worst teams in the league. They can either build on the momentum or just coast.

PJ is a great coach despite his career record. It's his job to make sure the players keep their heads level.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:29 AM
FirmestPiano

Well I started cheering for all the Boston franchises, just to make it easy. Patriots for Kraft almost buying Liverpool. Red Sox, same owner as Liverpool. So that automatically made the Celtics the team for me (I have no idea how they are doing this year, lol). What does that make me?. A bandwagoner ?

(Obviously I couldn't root for the Bruins cause the Devils were already my NHL team)!

FirmestPiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Scott04

Quote:
I've put a lot of Nets fans in their places, and by a lot I mean like two. All you have to do is ask to name the starting 5 last year, or at least who played center when Lopez went down. If you can't muster up Petro and Williams, then you haven't "always been a Nets fan, even when they were bad."
I haven't considered myself a Nets fan for years now, but I always used to do the same with people back in the first few years of Jason Kidd's time in New Jersey. Everyone knew him, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson (at least from his second year and on). Enough could probably figure out Kittles and MAYBE Jason Collins. All I had to do was ask people to tell me who their backup center was in that given season and the conversation would end. And that wasn't as hard as it sounds given that they were always almost going with a center by committee system back then with Collins being the lead. None of the newcomers knew who Aaron Williams was other than maybe as "who is that jacked dude they have on the bench?" If I sat through all of the teams in the mid/late 90s, Stephon Marbury's tenure, and Kenyon Martin's rookie year, I wasn't going to let all of the new people totally ruin the first really good Nets team for me.

I'm still sad Brandon Armstrong never panned out. I loved that guy when the Nets drafted him and was convinced he was going to be that 3 point threat off the bench they really needed (in support of Kittles, Van Horn, and Harris of course).

Old
01-04-2013, 01:28 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmestPiano View Post
Well I started cheering for all the Boston franchises, just to make it easy. Patriots for Kraft almost buying Liverpool. Red Sox, same owner as Liverpool. So that automatically made the Celtics the team for me (I have no idea how they are doing this year, lol). What does that make me?. A bandwagoner ?

(Obviously I couldn't root for the Bruins cause the Devils were already my NHL team)!
Around here being a Boston fan gets you a paddlein'

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 02:38 PM
lboogie42*

Quote:
I just don't see it, personally. I think the Knicks are better with Kidd than Felton, personally.

The problem the Knicks might have, and it could be a good or bad problem depending on how they accept it, is they'll have 6 closers in a 5 man sport. Who sits out of Kidd, Felton, Smith, Melo, Amare, and Chandler. Does that disrupt chemistry, attitudes, etc?
i like the idea of stat coming off the bench. u cant put a guy like melo on the bench. he will prolly complain like he did last year with dantoni and it wont be good for the team. stat and melo never worked good together in the first place. also, having stat on the 2nd unit (once he gets back in the swing of things) will give that unit a huge boost. there arent many bench players, or starters for that matter, that can stop a healthy stoudemire.

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 05:42 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogie42 View Post
i like the idea of stat coming off the bench. u cant put a guy like melo on the bench. he will prolly complain like he did last year with dantoni and it wont be good for the team. stat and melo never worked good together in the first place. also, having stat on the 2nd unit (once he gets back in the swing of things) will give that unit a huge boost. there arent many bench players, or starters for that matter, that can stop a healthy stoudemire.
I didn't mean who starts the game on the bench of those 6. The issue is who sits on the bench at the END of a close game. Can't sit Melo, obviously. Can't sit Chandler because he's your big. Felton, Kidd, Smith, Amare. Personally I think Felton should sit, of that group. Too capable of making a dumb decision.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:55 PM
FirmestPiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Around here being a Boston fan gets you a paddlein'
Heh, that bad ey?

Well I haven't really gotten into basketball yet, so a change of support could be on the cards...

I do like that fellow who plays for Oklahoma or whatever. yeah, thunder could be something! hmm

FirmestPiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford

Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
I miss Jabari Smith and Billy "10-day contract" Thomas

Jiri Bicek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Bicek View Post
I miss Jabari Smith and Billy "10-day contract" Thomas
I still maintain Donny Marshall was the best towel waver on the end of the bench of all time. He taught Brian Scalabrine everything he knows.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:03 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
I still maintain Donny Marshall was the best towel waver on the end of the bench of all time. He taught Brian Scalabrine everything he knows.
Can't think of Scalabrine without thinking of this video. Best comeback in college basketball history and no one even knows about it. Down 5, 2 seconds left. Wins game in regulation, although with today's technology there is no way the game winning basket got off in the amount of time left.

Scalabrine was on this team. You can see him jumping in the tunnel afterwards. Action starts at 1:01

Old
01-05-2013, 12:33 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Kobe with the sick dunk.

Old
01-05-2013, 01:20 AM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Point taken, although I started rooting for the Packers when I was in fifth grade and followed them through a 4-12 and 6-10 season during that time. You can't tell me I haven't paid my dues for the Pack.

With that said, holy ****, thank God for Joe Johnson. Losing to the worst team in the NBA after beating the best team in the NBA in their building would have been a tough pill to swallow.

Last edited by PacManNJD: 01-05-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old
01-05-2013, 01:29 AM
davebenj

I have nothing against the Knicks but I really hate Tyson Chandler and have ever since the beginning of his career no matter what team he is on.

Last edited by davebenj: 01-05-2013 at 01:36 AM.
davebenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 01:44 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

I watched 0.7 seconds of the Nets game against the Wizards. I can't watch basketball seriously yet. Not with hockey still possibly happening.