2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 10:51 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Comparing Day to Coffee, Niedermayer or Bure, are all compliments to the kid.

He makes it look so effortless, and looks like he is barely touching the ice.

I hope he can be the Millenium Bobby Orr.
Yes its pretty special to watch.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Luvtowatch

Obviously the kid is good. Let's wait and see what he can do on an everyday basis against the big boys next year. Not realistic to compare a 14 yr old with Hall of Famers.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:50 PM
walker33

YSE is number 1 ranked team for OHL cup as we speak.

Old
01-03-2013, 02:52 PM
walker33

Dark horses on YSE are ; boston - offensive flare, martin- always scores goals, semaio - so talented but small

Old
01-03-2013, 06:13 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker33 View Post
Dark horses on YSE are ; boston - offensive flare, martin- always scores goals, semaio - so talented but small
I agree with that. YSE is the most physical and best forechecking team Ive seen this year. Boston is impressive and works every shift, even if he a bit shorter, has nice skill, plays a team game. Semaio has ice water in his veins in the net. He competes like crazy. Semaio give them so much confidence. Another guy on YSE, who is one of the keys to there team #84 Knott. He is a relentless forechecker, works so hard, has very nice feet and a big shot. Stick skills are average. I like Knott to do well in the OHL, playing his role. Knott is also on YSE #1 PK unit. Kid is tough, sacrifices himself. In the MArlie Classic final it was Barrow, Boston, SEmaio, Schlichting and Knott who stood out most for me.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:52 PM
mapleleaf979

Here is the GTHL propects 40 man roster. Jordan Maclean should be there. Nice to see Mitchell Duggan there, solid season. Also Isaac Iacobucci, tons of potential there, blazing speed. A few puzzling players there in my opinion. I wont single them out. Kypreos has stacked offence, Maclean stacked Defense.

http://www.gthlcanada.com/uploads/Pl...Release_1_.pdf

Old
01-03-2013, 09:52 PM
walker33

also on YSE is collela smooth hands needs to work on his conditioning abit. but martin just seems to know where to put the puck always scores. few other omha players, will scott is very good as well.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:25 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Here is the GTHL propects 40 man roster. Jordan Maclean should be there. Nice to see Mitchell Duggan there, solid season. Also Isaac Iacobucci, tons of potential there, blazing speed. A few puzzling players there in my opinion. I wont single them out. Kypreos has stacked offence, Maclean stacked Defense.

What's the deal with this Lafontaine kid?
Since he's a 98, is he a really high-end goalie or were there not many other good goalies?

Old
01-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:

Maclean is a solid d-man who should go mid rounds. I think the best player not picked is Fregona from the Marlies. Lots of skill, lack of size.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:00 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Maclean is a solid d-man who should go mid rounds. I think the best player not picked is Fregona from the Marlies. Lots of skill, lack of size.
Good point, Fregona gives it every shift, lots of skill and a great skater, size is a bit of an issue. Fregona is one of the more consistent Marlies, provides alot of offense, paired with STrome. Fregona is one of my favourite smaller players along with Rajic, Boston and Marner. #88 Jr Canadiens Sharipov could also be there, 5-9 ish, very slick puck skills, good skater, unstoppable on breakaways.

Old
01-04-2013, 12:09 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
What's the deal with this Lafontaine kid?
Since he's a 98, is he a really high-end goalie or were there not many other good goalies?
Great question, Im also puzzled a bit. Considering he is in the top Prospects game, does that mean he is considering ES status? He is having a good season, I dont think he is ES status worthy. Even if he did apply and get denied, very few would find out. As I said before 3 guys have been granted ES status and 6 denied ES status. Only one of those denied was mentioned to the masses.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:03 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Has anyone seen Adam Holwell play recently, that can give me an idea of how he's doing? I saw he was in the GTHL prospect game so that can only mean he's doing somewhat well.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:48 AM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Has anyone seen Adam Holwell play recently, that can give me an idea of how he's doing? I saw he was in the GTHL prospect game so that can only mean he's doing somewhat well.
He is doing very well, he has progressed nicely during the season. Howell is of the best defensive defenseman in the GTHL and is very deserving of a spot.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:39 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
He is doing very well, he has progressed nicely during the season. Howell is of the best defensive defenseman in the GTHL and is very deserving of a spot.
That's great to hear then, thanks for the update. Do you by chance have any idea which round he could be drafted in?

Old
01-05-2013, 03:48 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
That's great to hear then, thanks for the update. Do you by chance have any idea which round he could be drafted in?
3rd round.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:37 PM
walker33

watched the yse vs kingston game it was 0-0 tie. kingston goalie (the south paw) played really well. it was all yse in this one. they just need that one scorer and they would be amazing. The yse goalie ( bell ) very good as well he was very smooth. the obvious stood out today harding, schlick, knott, collela, boston and martin very good team play by both sides today.

Old
01-05-2013, 11:57 PM
lovethegame
Rookie User

lafontaine has had a good season and played most of the games for dmf. he is not anywhere near es and there are a number of other goalies more deserving for prosepects game. this is a political decision. same with ewing. latinovitch would be there if not hurt but with rebs with lowest goals agains in league ewing gets the nod. bullion from kings, benigno form jrc, richardson from marlies and even paulino from titans would be worthy. richardson along with timpano are the class of the g this year but with only 4 spots and some political decisions this is how it is.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:57 AM
mapleleaf979

^^ It happens every year. Last Year Mat Robson was a goaltender in this game. The back up goalie for VAughn Brandon Klerer and Dawson Carty back up for the Rebels are FAR superior to Robson. Robson was the weak link in that marlboros team. Terrible rebound control, average compete level, never once stole a game for them, body language was awful. Robson will never play in the OHL.

Im with u on Richardson. I like DAlton Ewing though, smaller goalie but he is a battler. Benigno is entertaining to watch, very aggresive goalie. Helvig and Timpano are the top 2 gthl goalies.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:01 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

Where's the highest thunder bay kid pegged to go now

Old
01-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Paperking

Here is my thoughts on the Thunder Bay Kings after watching them at the Marlies and asking around.

They went two for two and only scoring a total of five goals and not making the final four wasn't a

good showing after winning the Brantford tournament.

#7 Grzelewski - BEST PLAYER on the team works hard at both ends of the ice every shift. Draft 2-5 round

#16 McKay - He is big but doesn't play that way. Has a hard time in the corners and on the wall looses a lot of battles. Draft 7-10 round

#4 Thrower - Good size and handles the puck and see the ice well. Draft 7-10th round

#14 McKitrick - Small but has great speed and is shifty and smart with the puck Draft 10-15 round because of size.

#9 Hamlin - Very good skater has good hands and smart with the puck and physical Draft 7-10

#20 Minoletti - Small but a very good skater works hard both ends of the ice and is physical for size. Draft 10-15

#3 Behse - Big very good skater has a good shot and moves the puck ok needs work that part of his game. Draft 7-10 round

#17 Stewart - The word out there is Stewart is there best defencemen. He's big, strong and smart with the puck and skater really well for his size. Draft 3-5 round

#10 Kitt - Big skates and handles the puck well. Draft 7-10 round

Those are the guys I notice and been hearing about.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:09 PM
ScoutReel65

With the Alliance league finishing up it went Elgin 1 London Gold 2 and Sun county 3. Lots of names with these teams .. Elgin - konecny, crouse,brookshaw, mayo, coyle, worrad. London - vande sompel, white, szypula, brulotte, fox, house. Sun county - primeau, hall, bushnell, lauzon.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
^^ It happens every year. Last Year Mat Robson was a goaltender in this game. The back up goalie for VAughn Brandon Klerer and Dawson Carty back up for the Rebels are FAR superior to Robson. Robson was the weak link in that marlboros team. Terrible rebound control, average compete level, never once stole a game for them, body language was awful. Robson will never play in the OHL.

Im with u on Richardson. I like DAlton Ewing though, smaller goalie but he is a battler. Benigno is entertaining to watch, very aggresive goalie. Helvig and Timpano are the top 2 gthl goalies.
Richardson is the victim of playing on the Marlies. He is really good.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:14 AM
mapleleaf979

The GTHL prospects game is glorified shinny, u cant take anything from this game. Some guys on this team wont get drafted. Players in the GTHL should not feel discouraged by not getting the invite. Alot of other players have more upside not even on this team.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 01-07-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
The GTHL prospects game is glorified shinny, u cant take anything from this game. Some guys on this team wont get drafted. Players in the GTHL should not feel discouraged by not getting the invite. Alot of other players have more upside not even on this team.
Absolutely! Lot's will change by draft day. To me the only sure thing is Dylan Strome will be the first player taken from the GTHL, only because he is the best player.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:04 PM
HatTrick97

Does anyone know the criteria for how the "top" 40 was selected?

Closed Thread