HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around Hockey X (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I was on vacation (crossing the Atlantic in December!) and then had some minor surgery that kept me away from the computer for awhile. Nice of you to notice, SL.
I trust everything went well? Glad to have you back, Pete

Old
01-05-2013, 08:58 AM
EspenK

Yakupov 2 goals, named player of game in Russia's bronze medal win. Just saying.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Yakupov 2 goals, named player of game in Russia's bronze medal win. Just saying.
That it took him two full tournaments to show up?

Old
01-05-2013, 11:07 AM
BluejacketNut

Congrats Team USA!!! Seth Jones is going to be a stud! Even with a good amount of defensive prospects, I take him in a heartbeat! 6'4 200+ at 18...he'll probably end up being bigger then Nash is, and that would be awesome on D! Hockey USA is starting to get some of the crop that might have gone to the NFL or the other major sports

Old
01-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Congrats USA hockey. Gibson saved the bacon today. He has the makings of being dominant at the NHL level, time will tell.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:06 PM
bizzz*

Should Canada give some respect to Columbus now considering that 4 players on that US team are from Ohio and 2 of them are directly from Columbus area ?

Old
01-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Should Canada give some respect to Columbus now considering that 4 players on that US team are from Ohio and 2 of them are directly from Columbus area ?
They're too busy fighting with each other to do so.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
They won't even notice. In Canada, two things matter: Winning, and if you don't win, who on your own team do you blame? When the US won the WJCs a couple of years ago, Spokane native Tyler Johnson was on the team. We had more Canadians showing up around here complaining about what went wrong than anything; not even realizing that the buzz around here was higher than ever, due to the hometown kid.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Byrral

I had to work today so I just finished watching the game. Can't say how happy I am for the USA team. They played great team hockey and everyone contributed. They also rode a hot goalie and played Phil Housley type hockey. I'll say it again, really impressed with the play of these young guys and look forward to watching more in the future. USA USA!

Old
01-05-2013, 05:47 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I trust everything went well? Glad to have you back, Pete
Thanks, I'm slowly working my way back.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Thanks, I'm slowly working my way back.
Welcome back Pete.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
I'd say the days of putting gold around the necks of those from Canada (or any nation for that matter) before earning that gold are over...., even Malhotra published some words on the subject...

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=412737

It was a great day for the United States regardless of the USA home town those players came from....

Last edited by Robert: 01-05-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old
01-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I'd say the days of putting gold around the necks of those from Canada (or any nation for that matter) before earning that gold are over...., even Malhotra published some words on the subject...

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=412737

It was a great day for the United States regardless of the USA home town those players came from....

What a dope.....
I generally agree with what you said in the rest of the post, but was that bolded part really necessary?

Old
01-05-2013, 11:47 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I generally agree with what you said in the rest of the post, but was that bolded part really necessary?
Frustration with the incensement to "The Lands’ End" .... but no..

Old
01-06-2013, 12:38 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Frustration with the incensement to "The Landsí End" .... but no..
I've read it three times and I can't figure out where he's 'dissing' the US or where players came from or what should be frustrating about it?

Old
01-06-2013, 08:44 AM
EspenK

Looks like Edmonton added a potentially dynamic D-man in Schultz. Now all they have to do is fit all these budding superstars under a lower cap.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ecord/related/

Old
01-06-2013, 11:58 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Welcome back Pete.
Thanks, Roadman, looks like I'm getting back on my feet just in time to return to The 'Wide along with all the rest of you "troo-est" fans!

Old
01-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Thanks, Roadman, looks like I'm getting back on my feet just in time to return to The 'Wide along with all the rest of you "troo-est" fans!
It has been very quiet around here. Suspect it going to be like the dam bursting.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
I had to work today so I just finished watching the game. Can't say how happy I am for the USA team. They played great team hockey and everyone contributed. They also rode a hot goalie and played Phil Housley type hockey. I'll say it again, really impressed with the play of these young guys and look forward to watching more in the future. USA USA!
I'm more relieved than anything about USA winning gold.

If his press conferences looked anything like his on-ice play, I can't imagine Phil Housley having to defend anything.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Byrral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I'm more relieved than anything about USA winning gold.

If his press conferences looked anything like his on-ice play, I can't imagine Phil Housley having to defend anything.
And this was exactly my point. Besides Gibson, the defense won the WJC for the US. Not for their shutdown defense, although it wasn't bad either, but because of having the defense joining the rush offensively every time possible, just like Phil used to play. The scoring from the backend was amazing.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

**** Detroit

Old
01-06-2013, 04:53 PM
EspenK

From cbssports.com

14) The Columbus Blue Jackets' goalies are really bad: The Blue Jackets are sticking with Steve Mason after another disappointing season but brought in Sergei Bobrovsky to compete with him and push him. That's not exactly great news. Of the 45 goalies who qualified for the league lead in save percentage last season, only four had a mark below .900. Two of them now play for Columbus.

27) How many games will Columbus lose? Given that the Blue Jackets A) aren't very good, and B) will have to play a shortened schedule against mostly the Central Division, this has the makings of a potentially ugly season in central Ohio.

Hope this guy sucks at predictions

Old
01-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
From cbssports.com

14) The Columbus Blue Jackets' goalies are really bad: The Blue Jackets are sticking with Steve Mason after another disappointing season but brought in Sergei Bobrovsky to compete with him and push him. That's not exactly great news. Of the 45 goalies who qualified for the league lead in save percentage last season, only four had a mark below .900. Two of them now play for Columbus.

27) How many games will Columbus lose? Given that the Blue Jackets A) aren't very good, and B) will have to play a shortened schedule against mostly the Central Division, this has the makings of a potentially ugly season in central Ohio.

Link?

01-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
From cbssports.com

... sadly, he's right.

In a condensed schedule, the workload on the goaltenders will be much more difficult than in a typical season. The teams that will have success are the ones with two solid netminders (Vancouver, LA, NYR to name three). What we can lean our hats on is that this should be the hardest working CBJ team, probably at least since year 1. The difference between now and then is that we have some skill to go with the work ethic. Anything can happen, but don't get your hopes up too high. We're building for the future.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:08 PM
EspenK

Quote:
From cbssports.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Link?
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...he-2013-season

Sorry.

Closed Thread