HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around Hockey X (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2013, 09:30 PM
  #301
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I was on vacation (crossing the Atlantic in December!) and then had some minor surgery that kept me away from the computer for awhile. Nice of you to notice, SL.
I trust everything went well? Glad to have you back, Pete

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 08:58 AM
  #302
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,652
vCash: 500
Yakupov 2 goals, named player of game in Russia's bronze medal win. Just saying.

EspenK is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 10:10 AM
  #303
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Yakupov 2 goals, named player of game in Russia's bronze medal win. Just saying.
That it took him two full tournaments to show up?

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:07 AM
  #304
BluejacketNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Congrats Team USA!!! Seth Jones is going to be a stud! Even with a good amount of defensive prospects, I take him in a heartbeat! 6'4 200+ at 18...he'll probably end up being bigger then Nash is, and that would be awesome on D! Hockey USA is starting to get some of the crop that might have gone to the NFL or the other major sports

BluejacketNut is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:21 AM
  #305
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Jaxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 7,350
vCash: 500
Congrats USA hockey. Gibson saved the bacon today. He has the makings of being dominant at the NHL level, time will tell.

Jaxs is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 12:06 PM
  #306
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Should Canada give some respect to Columbus now considering that 4 players on that US team are from Ohio and 2 of them are directly from Columbus area ?

bizzz* is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 12:40 PM
  #307
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Should Canada give some respect to Columbus now considering that 4 players on that US team are from Ohio and 2 of them are directly from Columbus area ?
They're too busy fighting with each other to do so.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 02:41 PM
  #308
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Should Canada give some respect to Columbus now considering that 4 players on that US team are from Ohio and 2 of them are directly from Columbus area ?
They won't even notice. In Canada, two things matter: Winning, and if you don't win, who on your own team do you blame? When the US won the WJCs a couple of years ago, Spokane native Tyler Johnson was on the team. We had more Canadians showing up around here complaining about what went wrong than anything; not even realizing that the buzz around here was higher than ever, due to the hometown kid.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 05:20 PM
  #309
Byrral
Registered User
 
Byrral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
I had to work today so I just finished watching the game. Can't say how happy I am for the USA team. They played great team hockey and everyone contributed. They also rode a hot goalie and played Phil Housley type hockey. I'll say it again, really impressed with the play of these young guys and look forward to watching more in the future. USA USA!

Byrral is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 05:47 PM
  #310
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I trust everything went well? Glad to have you back, Pete
Thanks, I'm slowly working my way back.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 09:27 PM
  #311
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Thanks, I'm slowly working my way back.
Welcome back Pete.

Roadman is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 10:27 PM
  #312
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,444
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Should Canada give some respect to Columbus now considering that 4 players on that US team are from Ohio and 2 of them are directly from Columbus area ?
I'd say the days of putting gold around the necks of those from Canada (or any nation for that matter) before earning that gold are over...., even Malhotra published some words on the subject...

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=412737

It was a great day for the United States regardless of the USA home town those players came from....


Last edited by Robert: 01-05-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Robert is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:34 PM
  #313
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I'd say the days of putting gold around the necks of those from Canada (or any nation for that matter) before earning that gold are over...., even Malhotra published some words on the subject...

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=412737

It was a great day for the United States regardless of the USA home town those players came from....

What a dope.....
I generally agree with what you said in the rest of the post, but was that bolded part really necessary?

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:47 PM
  #314
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,444
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I generally agree with what you said in the rest of the post, but was that bolded part really necessary?
Frustration with the incensement to "The Lands’ End" .... but no..

Robert is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 12:38 AM
  #315
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Frustration with the incensement to "The Landsí End" .... but no..
I've read it three times and I can't figure out where he's 'dissing' the US or where players came from or what should be frustrating about it?

SuperGenius is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 08:44 AM
  #316
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,652
vCash: 500
Looks like Edmonton added a potentially dynamic D-man in Schultz. Now all they have to do is fit all these budding superstars under a lower cap.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ecord/related/

EspenK is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 11:58 AM
  #317
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Welcome back Pete.
Thanks, Roadman, looks like I'm getting back on my feet just in time to return to The 'Wide along with all the rest of you "troo-est" fans!

pete goegan is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 12:54 PM
  #318
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Thanks, Roadman, looks like I'm getting back on my feet just in time to return to The 'Wide along with all the rest of you "troo-est" fans!
It has been very quiet around here. Suspect it going to be like the dam bursting.

Roadman is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 12:56 PM
  #319
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
I had to work today so I just finished watching the game. Can't say how happy I am for the USA team. They played great team hockey and everyone contributed. They also rode a hot goalie and played Phil Housley type hockey. I'll say it again, really impressed with the play of these young guys and look forward to watching more in the future. USA USA!
I'm more relieved than anything about USA winning gold.

If his press conferences looked anything like his on-ice play, I can't imagine Phil Housley having to defend anything.

Mayor Bee is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 02:52 PM
  #320
Byrral
Registered User
 
Byrral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I'm more relieved than anything about USA winning gold.

If his press conferences looked anything like his on-ice play, I can't imagine Phil Housley having to defend anything.
And this was exactly my point. Besides Gibson, the defense won the WJC for the US. Not for their shutdown defense, although it wasn't bad either, but because of having the defense joining the rush offensively every time possible, just like Phil used to play. The scoring from the backend was amazing.

Byrral is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 02:52 PM
  #321
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 15,378
vCash: 500
**** Detroit

Fro is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 04:53 PM
  #322
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,652
vCash: 500
From cbssports.com

14) The Columbus Blue Jackets' goalies are really bad: The Blue Jackets are sticking with Steve Mason after another disappointing season but brought in Sergei Bobrovsky to compete with him and push him. That's not exactly great news. Of the 45 goalies who qualified for the league lead in save percentage last season, only four had a mark below .900. Two of them now play for Columbus.

27) How many games will Columbus lose? Given that the Blue Jackets A) aren't very good, and B) will have to play a shortened schedule against mostly the Central Division, this has the makings of a potentially ugly season in central Ohio.

Hope this guy sucks at predictions

EspenK is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 04:57 PM
  #323
Samkow
Global Moderator
Young Guns
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 14,047
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
From cbssports.com

14) The Columbus Blue Jackets' goalies are really bad: The Blue Jackets are sticking with Steve Mason after another disappointing season but brought in Sergei Bobrovsky to compete with him and push him. That's not exactly great news. Of the 45 goalies who qualified for the league lead in save percentage last season, only four had a mark below .900. Two of them now play for Columbus.

27) How many games will Columbus lose? Given that the Blue Jackets A) aren't very good, and B) will have to play a shortened schedule against mostly the Central Division, this has the makings of a potentially ugly season in central Ohio.

Hope this guy sucks at predictions
Link?

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 05:07 PM
  #324
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
From cbssports.com

14) The Columbus Blue Jackets' goalies are really bad: The Blue Jackets are sticking with Steve Mason after another disappointing season but brought in Sergei Bobrovsky to compete with him and push him. That's not exactly great news. Of the 45 goalies who qualified for the league lead in save percentage last season, only four had a mark below .900. Two of them now play for Columbus.

27) How many games will Columbus lose? Given that the Blue Jackets A) aren't very good, and B) will have to play a shortened schedule against mostly the Central Division, this has the makings of a potentially ugly season in central Ohio.

Hope this guy sucks at predictions
... sadly, he's right.

In a condensed schedule, the workload on the goaltenders will be much more difficult than in a typical season. The teams that will have success are the ones with two solid netminders (Vancouver, LA, NYR to name three). What we can lean our hats on is that this should be the hardest working CBJ team, probably at least since year 1. The difference between now and then is that we have some skill to go with the work ethic. Anything can happen, but don't get your hopes up too high. We're building for the future.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 05:08 PM
  #325
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
From cbssports.com

14) The Columbus Blue Jackets' goalies are really bad: The Blue Jackets are sticking with Steve Mason after another disappointing season but brought in Sergei Bobrovsky to compete with him and push him. That's not exactly great news. Of the 45 goalies who qualified for the league lead in save percentage last season, only four had a mark below .900. Two of them now play for Columbus.

27) How many games will Columbus lose? Given that the Blue Jackets A) aren't very good, and B) will have to play a shortened schedule against mostly the Central Division, this has the makings of a potentially ugly season in central Ohio.

Hope this guy sucks at predictions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Link?
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...he-2013-season

Sorry.

EspenK is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.