HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2013, 11:03 PM
CM PUNK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
I feel maybe Gilroy is a mold of what Stralman was. Stralzy didn't play that much at first & started to get chances. He ended up having a great post season & is now a regular. Maybe if Gilroy can push to be more of a Ranger, he'd be that seventh defender, but who knows. I do think, however, Eminger will be that seventh guy. He's definitely a guy who gets called up for an injury, though.
When we signed stralman I feared that he would be like Gilroy...he surprised us and was good showing that he was in fact nothing like Gilroy

Old
01-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
When we signed stralman I feared that he would be like Gilroy...he surprised us and was good showing that he was in fact nothing like Gilroy
I've always liked the way Stralzy put out and I did fear that, too. I'm so glad that he turned into an offensive defender that is now tougher and willing to do what the team needs out of him most. Gilroy hopefully will start thinking towards a defensive aspect to his game aswell.

Old
01-03-2013, 07:27 PM
colman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
For the record: none of the dmen in Hartford should be anywhere close to the NHL... Some don't even belong in the AHL. They constantly mess up and do boneheaded things that would have a part-time beer league coach pull his hair out.

McI only played 1 game, not enough to comment, but im exited about him and hopes he blossoms!
Greenville Road Warriors D man Mike Marcou was named to the ECHL All Star Team. Marcou played at UMASS and is from Long Island .Hopefully this earns him a call up to see what he can do

Old
01-03-2013, 08:03 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

How many games does McIlrath have left on his suspension?

Old
01-03-2013, 08:19 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
How many games does McIlrath have left on his suspension?
None

Old
01-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I am simply not worried about Kreider. I am guessing he has been told to take it easy and just remain in shape. No need to go balls out in the AHL and risk injury.

Much like how Dubi only has 15 points in the ECHL (he could have 30+ if he wanted to).

These guys are just working out and keeping themselves fresh.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
01-03-2013, 08:42 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I also think after playing with more talented players last year, it is a drop off for him to be playing in the AHL.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:31 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I also think after playing with more talented players last year, it is a drop off for him to be playing in the AHL.
Sure, although you could argue he should be tearing it up against lesser competition. That said, I too am not worried about Kreider. He'll be fine.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:43 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I am simply not worried about Kreider. I am guessing he has been told to take it easy and just remain in shape. No need to go balls out in the AHL and risk injury.

Much like how Dubi only has 15 points in the ECHL (he could have 30+ if he wanted to).

These guys are just working out and keeping themselves fresh.

please refrain from using this excuse; this reflects poorly on Schoenfeld, Ken G, and Kreider. He is paid to be a professional hockey player and should give his all regardless of what league he is playing. I've seen this excuse used for players skating over seas and it flies directly to players competitive nature. I like Kreider and he struggling in the A, it happens, but to suggest he is coasting at NYR behest is simply not true and reflects poorly on the whole organization.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Yeah no one told him to go take it easy in the A and just stay in shape. He could have done that skating at the local rink. Jordan Eberle wasn't told to take it easy....

He is probably just struggling some.

Dubi only having 15pts in the ECHL is just Dubi being lazy.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:42 AM
daggs94

Going to my first whale game tonight/first hockey game of the season, pretty excited! Just wondering, not sure if anyone knows but i was wondering if they sell player jersey t-shirts there. Thanks guys, Go Whale!

Old
01-04-2013, 11:55 AM
-31-
portnor, pls

vCash: 50
Kreider is 21 with 18 career NHL games. If he was told he has nothing to prove in the AHL, I have some serious questions of those giving him that advice.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Kershaw

kreider scored a point

praise the lord.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:39 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
This is such a cop out and people who truly believe this are deluding themselves.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
This is such a cop out and people who truly believe this are deluding themselves.
Agreed.

Pathetic excuses are pathetic.

Kreider has simply not played up to standards thus far for a 'top ten prospect'.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:21 PM
daggs94

At the whale game, phantoms player lands a nasty elbow to the head of bourque, before the other guy even realizes mcilrath already has his gloves off and jumps on the guy, he's looked good this game and you especially love seeing him jump in like that!

Old
01-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Yankeekid07

Does anyone know where the CT Whale players leave after games?

Old
01-04-2013, 09:13 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggs94 View Post
At the whale game, phantoms player lands a nasty elbow to the head of bourque, before the other guy even realizes mcilrath already has his gloves off and jumps on the guy, he's looked good this game and you especially love seeing him jump in like that!
Was there an actual fight?

Old
01-04-2013, 09:24 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Was there an actual fight?
Mitchell R. Beck ‏@HowlingsToday

Fitzgerald with a crushing dirty hit on Bourque... McIlrath to the rescue and beats on him pretty good... 6:08. Fitzgerald/McIlrath are gone

Old
01-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Then clearly you don't follow what players do during lockouts.

Otherwise, you would be informed enough to know that most guys go at about 65% or so and a lot lower than that.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:59 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

I watched the Whale tonight on TV..Bourques hit was nasty but legal..No elbow to the head at all..McIlrath took about 1 second to jump in,no fight just grabbing each other..He is a freaking monster on skates...Christian Thomas was notable on the ice..Kreider floated all night..No burst of speed nothing,honestly to me it looked like he played not to get hurt...No big hits and played on the perimiter..Nothing like he played for the Rangers..Kolarak had a goal and many chances...Gilroy seemed to play every other shift..I cant stand him,if your gonna be a puss at least be dangerous in the offensive zone...Haley barely played but when he did he was a little buzz saw...Was hoping for fireworks at the end but Flyers went out lethargic..Interesting the whole Flyers brain trust was at game,Lavi,Paddock and the goon.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:

Otherwise, you would be informed enough to know that most guys go at about 65% or so and a lot lower than that.
Yep, I'm sure people in the organization told him to take it easy--guess Tortorella wasn't in the office that day. And Kreider isn't "most guys" he's a prospect starting his professional career. I seriously doubt that Kreider's performance in the playoffs last year makes any difference to the coaching staff of this team if Kreider has not been playing hard. And if he has been, he better get his act in gear because the moment Tortorella and Co. get him back at training camp he's going to be in hell.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

Only guys who are proven NHL vets, not someone whose rookie season is still ahead of him. To compare him to Dubi is ridiculous. No team would tell someone BEFORE his rookie season , "dont worry, no matter what you do, you've made the team, so just take it easy."

He had a few playoff games with minimal responsibility where all his mistakes were forgiven and every half-decent play led to cheers only because he was just days out of college, not because he reached such levels of play that he no longer needs to try against a super-charged (due to lockout) AHL.

Nobody who watched Kreider in Hartford thinks he is just relaxing. Even the Whale TV color commentators are saying that he is having trouble because he is getting more responsibility than he got in the NHL. He is simply failing.

I am still hopeful about Kreider, i just think he is a kid who needs to get used to the pro game, but to say that he would play in the NHL from the start of the season were it not for the lockout is BS.

The funny thing is that all those people saying, "if you only watched the games, you would know that his stats dont mean he isnt playing well" are the ones not watching. Everyone watching realizes that his play and his stats relect each other pretty accurately.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Yep, I'm sure people in the organization told him to take it easy--guess Tortorella wasn't in the office that day. And Kreider isn't "most guys" he's a prospect starting his professional career. I seriously doubt that Kreider's performance in the playoffs last year makes any difference to the coaching staff of this team if Kreider has not been playing hard. And if he has been, he better get his act in gear because the moment Tortorella and Co. get him back at training camp he's going to be in hell.
We shall see. What I've seen of him this season makes it seem like he is not playing the game at full speed, hence why I have that opinion on the matter.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:47 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I agree that Kreider is not playing great, but to say that his situation is not affecting his production is off base.

He is and was never going to be a player who carries the mail for an offense, carrying the puck and setting up plays all over the ice. His upside is an "elite complimentary player". When he gets the puck in the slot it's buried. When he gets a pass at speed in the neutral zone he's gone.

Playing with no legitimate playmaking centers and a defense who can't execute a breakout let alone spring him with a stretch pass is affecting his ability to score.