HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Justin Schultz

Old
01-05-2013, 12:10 AM
UnrefinedCrude

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Bad effort tonight, scored still but one of his worst games this year.
One of the worst games for the whole team.

UnrefinedCrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
One of his worst games? He was horrible?

God you guys are so black and white.

Last edited by Senor Catface: 01-05-2013 at 05:38 AM.
Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 12:23 AM
The Nose
#thefuture

vCash: 500
Brendan Smith just showed him up tonight

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 12:28 AM
Skinnyjimmy08

I get a kick out of how people want to trash talk Schultz so bad. He apparently has a "bad game" tonight and people cant wait to post it on here. I am not an Oiler fan what so ever, in fact I hate them hahah... but i am not afraid to admit this guy is UNBELIEVABLE and think he is so enjoyable to watch and love how a young D-man is dominating the league.

Skinnyjimmy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 12:36 AM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjimmy08 View Post
I get a kick out of how people want to trash talk Schultz so bad. He apparently has a "bad game" tonight and people cant wait to post it on here. I am not an Oiler fan what so ever, in fact I hate them hahah... but i am not afraid to admit this guy is UNBELIEVABLE and think he is so enjoyable to watch and love how a young D-man is dominating the league.
It was a pretty bad game.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Skinnyjimmy08

he's 22 and a rookie in pro hockey.... he's allowed to have a bad game once in a while. Very very impressive player

Old
01-05-2013, 12:54 AM
TS Quint

Give Schultz a break. When you are going up against some of the best prospects from a noble NHL franchise there is only so much he can do.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 01:23 AM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
It was a pretty bad game.
Worst I've seen so far, hopefully it's just a one off.

I'm starting to wonder how tired he's getting. The kids playing 30 mins a night and OKC has played 33 games which is almost the equivalent of a full college season (what he's used to).

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 01:54 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
Worst I've seen so far, hopefully it's just a one off.

I'm starting to wonder how tired he's getting. The kids playing 30 mins a night and OKC has played 33 games which is almost the equivalent of a full college season (what he's used to).
watching some recent games I have a feeling his production might slow down, how far well see. But 1.4 ppg is ridiculous, such a good player

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 01:57 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
So updates are only allowed when he has a good game?

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 01:59 PM
puckfan13

Quote:
he's 22 and a rookie in pro hockey.... he's allowed to have a bad game once in a while. Very very impressive player
So we're not allowed to talk about it when he does have a bad game?

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Skinnyjimmy08

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
So we're not allowed to talk about it when he does have a bad game?
Do what you want man...you can cut him down when he plays crappy or give him tons of credit when he continues to dominate.. either way he will be a major topic in this forum because he is such a special player... I'm just saying he is tearing up the league and is doing something very impressive in this extremely good AHL season(due to the lockout)

Old
01-05-2013, 05:41 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Do what you want man...you can cut him down when he plays crappy or give him tons of credit when he continues to dominate.. either way he will be a major topic in this forum because he is such a special player... I'm just saying he is tearing up the league and is doing something very impressive in this extremely good AHL season(due to the lockout)
I think all the ups and downs of all prospects need to be tempered. Schultz should be good in the NHL but let's not fool our selves into thinking he's going to be giving Karlsson a run for points scored. If he scores 40 points in the NHL thats a great year for him (or anyone else).

Old
01-05-2013, 06:11 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
I think all the ups and downs of all prospects need to be tempered. Schultz should be good in the NHL but let's not fool our selves into thinking he's going to be giving Karlsson a run for points scored. If he scores 40 points in the NHL thats a great year for him (or anyone else).
60 points is really selling him short, unless your talking about his rookie year only. He has the potential to be a perennial 50-60 point defenseman.

Edit - ^"60 points is selling him short" Oh boy. Meant 40 points is selling him short.

Last edited by JSC: 01-05-2013 at 06:46 PM.
JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 06:30 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
60 points is really selling him short, unless your talking about his rookie year only. He has the potential to be a perennial 50-60 point defenseman.
Sure but "potential" is the key word of the sentence. First of all there isn't a defensemen in the league who is a perennial 50 point player. An elite offensive defensemen is a perennial high 40 point player who breaks 50 once in a while. There are less than 10 of those in the league right now. He will be lucky to be one of those guys. You wan to talk realistic then he's a mid 40 point man. I also say temper the down side of him too. If he plays his first year in the league and puts up 20 points its not the not the end of the world either.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Skinnyjimmy08

Ya i agree with alot of things people say in this thread.. I just think it will be real exciting to see him actually play in the NHL. Right now he is totally lighting it up playing with Eberle, RNH and Hall... wait till he also has Yakupov, Gagner, Hemsky etc to give the puck to too... Ya I know he will be playing against NHL talent, but I really think we will witness a stud in the making in his first NHL season. Like I keep saying, I despise the Oilers as a hockey fan but I really think all you Oiler fans have something special to look forward to with Schuiltz and all these other young guys!!.. Hopefully they will all click as a team because there is alot of future allstar power possibly on this team

Old
01-05-2013, 08:49 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Ya i agree with alot of things people say in this thread.. I just think it will be real exciting to see him actually play in the NHL. Right now he is totally lighting it up playing with Eberle, RNH and Hall... wait till he also has Yakupov, Gagner, Hemsky etc to give the puck to too... Ya I know he will be playing against NHL talent, but I really think we will witness a stud in the making in his first NHL season. Like I keep saying, I despise the Oilers as a hockey fan but I really think all you Oiler fans have something special to look forward to with Schuiltz and all these other young guys!!.. Hopefully they will all click as a team because there is alot of future allstar power possibly on this team

I can't recall which hockey analyst, said that signing Schultz would be like adding a top 10 lottery pick. He wasn't exaggerating.The kid is really living up to the hype.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Skinnyjimmy08

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I can't recall which hockey analyst, said that signing Schultz would be like adding a top 10 lottery pick. He wasn't exaggerating.The kid is really living up to the hype.
Id say almost every analyst would say that in a heart beat

Old
01-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Skinnyjimmy08

game tonight vs. Milwaukee... 0g. 2a. 2 pts. -1+- , 7 shots on goal. Also got game winning shootout goal

Old
01-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Personally I think that he's hit a bit of a rookie wall and if the NHL starts up he will struggle more than he would've at the start of the season. He's developed a bad habit of letting opposing forwards get behind him allowing odd man breaks or even clear cut breakaways. The last couple of games especially Friday's game he was terrible at it. Tonight I only saw from the 1/2 way point of the 3rd to the end of the game but he once again showed his high end offensive upside. He has also carried the puck less of late and has tried to conserve energy by setting up guys like Hall with breakout passes and letting him carry the mail.

01-06-2013, 06:34 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
May have just been taking it easy, season is getting closer.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Personally I think that he's hit a bit of a rookie wall and if the NHL starts up he will struggle more than he would've at the start of the season. He's developed a bad habit of letting opposing forwards get behind him allowing odd man breaks or even clear cut breakaways. The last couple of games especially Friday's game he was terrible at it. Tonight I only saw from the 1/2 way point of the 3rd to the end of the game but he once again showed his high end offensive upside. He has also carried the puck less of late and has tried to conserve energy by setting up guys like Hall with breakout passes and letting him carry the mail.
He will play less in the NHL and I think this will help.

Despite how well he has played, if you get 30 minutes a night thinking mostly offense you will develop bad habits. I still think the Oilers will shelter him at ES this year and let him loose on the pp.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post

Despite how well he has played, if you get 30 minutes a night thinking mostly offense you will develop bad habits. I still think the Oilers will shelter him at ES this year and let him loose on the pp.
sheltering him will help but it's not like they have alot of great Dmen back there.

Growing pains will be in store, maybe hidden by some PP time.

We will have a better idea of his career course after the NHL season is over.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 01:53 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Id say almost every analyst would say that in a heart beat
I also heard a couple scouts say Schultz will be better than Ryan Murray.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 04:08 AM
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post

Keeping him off the PK alone would help him a lot IMO. At least in Edmonton he has guys like Smid, Petry, N. Schultz, and Whitney (if healthy) to help carry the load.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote