HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2013, 09:44 PM
spits2timechamps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
I am sure Johnson tipped the point shot and got the hatrick.Oh well he was windsor's best forward by far.Yes ebert was best d man also.Goaltending wasn't very good for sure.
Not to mention the golden boy Jordan Dekort plays "spectacular" again. Why is he stil here exactly? Can't be good for development when he can't stop beach balls lol

Old
01-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spits2timechamps View Post
Not to mention the golden boy Jordan Dekort plays "spectacular" again. Why is he stil here exactly? Can't be good for development when he can't stop beach balls lol
And he's had how much game play time this season exactly?

Old
01-04-2013, 09:59 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
irreponsible and dumb post,his average was under 3 till the team slump

and i stress team slump goalies included

Old
01-04-2013, 10:01 PM
KyGuy9

Pavelka, DeKort, Koko (if he returns), Bateman and Clarke for Altshuller, Appleby, Dal Colle and Cassels? What do you guys think?

Old
01-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
Pavelka, DeKort, Koko (if he returns), Bateman and Clarke for Altshuller, Appleby, Dal Colle and Cassels? What do you guys think?
Honestly think Oshawas GM would ask if WR was joking, Dal Colle will be a star and I think Cassels will be to and Altshuller is younger and is just as good as Pav if not a bit better, IMO It's not remotely close think of adding a couple seconds on the way to Oshawa and maybe they would think.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:41 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
The team is a steaming pile of ___ right now. DeKort was good neither was this so called stud Pavelka either. DeKort isn't getting the time to develop because the team is desperately trying to sneak into the playoffs with Pavelka.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:45 PM
izzys

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
yea and the spits would have to send 200k with that trade

Old
01-04-2013, 10:50 PM
izzys

also another great outting by our lovely spits

im sorry but your captin cant be -4 thats not leadership and kerby -3 not good enough

2 good players in todays game sanvido and verbeek they can go to the hotel tonight and know they played well

Old
01-05-2013, 12:15 AM
hockeyboy4

get emerson clark out, get whatever you can for him. he does nothing! waste of an overager

Old
01-05-2013, 12:29 AM
spits2timechamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
irreponsible and dumb post,his average was under 3 till the team slump

and i stress team slump goalies included
Again with the statistics man this is getting old fast. If you only put a guy in net against the teams that you "should" win then his stats should show. His job as a backup goalie is to keep the game close to help the team win and nothing more. Probably one of the first games we start against a good team and he sure showed his talent. Saying Pav is having a slump is pretty dumb considering if we didn't have pav this season we would be asking erie what its like to win a game. Yeah thats the way to go play a kid thats won like 1 game in his career in the net with no first round pick this year. well at least we would have the 41st pick overall this year.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
get emerson clark out, get whatever you can for him. he does nothing! waste of an overager
It's just not him, when most players play bad everyone else also looks like **** to, I mean Bateman, Both Clarks, Mcnoughton, Studnicka, Pavelka, Dekort, Lorentz and the list goes on and it's What have you done for us lately or for some all season where have you been? I honestly havent seen or heard Mcnoughton or Lorentz name for the past 7 or 8 games, like get the **** off the ice you bums I'd rather have rookies like Verbeek have Lorentz time and Brown take Mcnoughtons time, at least there rookies these guys are 93 and 94's and are pathetic and useless, invisible every game and should be in junior B or at least not on this team. I didn't like Lorentz before the trade because he was soft and isn't a threat offensively and he hasent changed a thing 1 goal and 5 assist since he's been here and the guy needs to go...a lot of guys need to go for this team to be competitive. I've said it before not enough heart, they play as if they don't care that's how it looks and there way to soft idk why they never put a big team on the ice. if WR and BB expect to host they better make a lot of moves and make this team look like they could compete next year or there chances get even worse to host.

Old
01-05-2013, 01:13 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
The team is a steaming pile of ___ right now. DeKort was good neither was this so called stud Pavelka either. DeKort isn't getting the time to develop because the team is desperately trying to sneak into the playoffs with Pavelka.
"this so called stud Pavelka"...and where exactly are you when he plays well? Sure, he's had some off nights lately, but his defence has been rather, um, horrible. London he had zero help, Saginaw the team shut down on him, and I'm not even going to try to figure out tonight.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:57 AM
NHL Fanatic

Before everyone shoots down Dekort lets put it this way. Dekort was signed before last season. He knew his role, he was going to get few starts as the ultimate goal is preparation for the 2014 season. Out of approximately 107 games (not including playoffs) he has played 16 games. Now if you really expect a young goalie to be amazing with the lack of minutes required for preparation, I'm confused at your logic. It's a problem with the CHL in general, they continuous bring over European goalies to develop and forget about our own home grown talent. If you seriously expect DeKort to be ready for next year or maybe even the year after its time he plays more games. Hypothetically, God forbid Pavelka came down with a season ending injury, then what. It all comes down to letting Dekort play. Let him struggle, but he needs the time if you expect to reap any reward.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:59 AM
SpItFiReZ

Quote:
Again with the statistics man this is getting old fast. If you only put a guy in net against the teams that you "should" win then his stats should show. His job as a backup goalie is to keep the game close to help the team win and nothing more. Probably one of the first games we start against a good team and he sure showed his talent. Saying Pav is having a slump is pretty dumb considering if we didn't have pav this season we would be asking erie what its like to win a game. Yeah thats the way to go play a kid thats won like 1 game in his career in the net with no first round pick this year. well at least we would have the 41st pick overall this year.
Your posts are terrible.

When say supposed to win against? Whose that exactly considering we are only better than Erie?

I truly can't believe that windsor is going for the memorial cup next year. If I'm Dave Branch, I'm sitting in my commish chair dying laughing. I get they have nothing to lose with no first round but c'mon...

Old
01-05-2013, 07:48 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Most people who have followed this team all season would agree that in the past 4 or 5 games goaltending has faltered badly when in truth it has been the teams best asset
I would have Dekort against Sarnia,afterall in the last game at Sarnia he won 3-2 in a shootout and that was when Sarnia had Murphy and Galchenyuk in the lineup
Pavelka has played poorly the last 3 previous games especially in Sag and London
It may be no coincidence that once his girlfriend went back home to Europe prior to the plymouth game his play improved a bit
Coaches often go with a goalie who may have played well against an opponent and in this situation to go with Dekort was the right call
Stats are not everything I agree but combined with history in alot of cases it s the right thing to do

Old
01-05-2013, 07:50 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Before everyone shoots down Dekort lets put it this way. Dekort was signed before last season. He knew his role, he was going to get few starts as the ultimate goal is preparation for the 2014 season. Out of approximately 107 games (not including playoffs) he has played 16 games. Now if you really expect a young goalie to be amazing with the lack of minutes required for preparation, I'm confused at your logic. It's a problem with the CHL in general, they continuous bring over European goalies to develop and forget about our own home grown talent. If you seriously expect DeKort to be ready for next year or maybe even the year after its time he plays more games. Hypothetically, God forbid Pavelka came down with a season ending injury, then what. It all comes down to letting Dekort play. Let him struggle, but he needs the time if you expect to reap any reward.
Excellent post could not have said it any better

Old
01-05-2013, 08:24 AM
KnightSpit

Spits and The Playoffs

Yeah it is only the first week in January, however with the Spits loosing last night and Erie winning, the Otters are now only 4 points back of Windsor for the final spot. If the Spits do not make a major shake up trade, they will be passed over for the last playoff spot. Erie is winning wihtout McDavid in the line up and that in itself is impressive and with their new coach are playing their best hockey yet.

6 days and counting to the deadline, anyone disagree ?

Old
01-05-2013, 09:01 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Yeah it is only the first week in January, however with the Spits loosing last night and Erie winning, the Otters are now only 4 points back of Windsor for the final spot. If the Spits do not make a major shake up trade, they will be passed over for the last playoff spot. Erie is winning wihtout McDavid in the line up and that in itself is impressive and with their new coach are playing their best hockey yet.

great year not to have a no 1 pick ......SEAN DAY of compuware right in our own backyard ,apparently seeking special status for this draft ..........and all it would cost is a gold package ....i guess those memorial cups spoiled us .how long before players start wanting out ? looking more and more like DJ was a bigger cog in this coaching debacle than we first thought ......oshawa certainly looks more organized changing lines even in the games i watch on cogeco .....

Old
01-05-2013, 09:43 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
"this so called stud Pavelka"...and where exactly are you when he plays well? Sure, he's had some off nights lately, but his defence has been rather, um, horrible. London he had zero help, Saginaw the team shut down on him, and I'm not even going to try to figure out tonight.
Fact is Pavelka is right around where he was last year with defense or no defense.

11-12 3.47 GAA .905 sv%
12-13 3.52 GAA .904 sv%

The minutes played, shots faced and saves made are almost identical. Say what you want about the poor defense and cherry picking certain games not to include but the fact is he's not really better than last year and you can't expect to win games and finish high in the standings with a 3.5 gaa it just doesn't work that way. Watch Pavelka since the break he's fighting every puck, he doesn't look confident at all. DeKort hasn't been good but I guess you missed where I said it's a total team effort with this group failing.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:11 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Terrific post and what I have been saying for the past couple months. You could see after the first 15-20 games it was going to be the Pavelka show and development with DeKort secondary. For somebody to say only playing DeKort against the bad teams the Spits are 16th in the league the only teams worse are probably Ottawa, Erie and Peterborough. Windsor has played 4 games against those 3 teams and DeKort has played 0 of those games. I don't have a problem with DeKort being a 2nd round pick but if you're going to draft him in the 2nd round you better darn well have him play and develop. Rychel has said they have never developed a goalie but that's on management/coaching never getting that goalie the ice time and game experience.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:26 AM
RayzorIsDull

With Kuptsov to Ottawa and opening another import spot up in Belleville does create another suitor for Khokhlachev?

Old
01-05-2013, 10:27 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post

I disagree. What Erie does or doesn't do has no effect on the Spitfires. Zilch,zip,nada,zero,smuck.
Why you ask. Answer = The Spitfires are in the West Division of the Western conference. Erie is in the midwest division of the western conference. The Spitfires need to beat out Saginaw to get in the playoffs. Saginaw is 1 pt ahead of the Spitfires.
Erie has to beat out Guelph who is 17 points ahead of them.

And now you know the rest of the story........

Mea culpa, Mea culpa...will now extract foot from mouth.
The trading deadline if it remains the same is 5 days (Jan 10th 12PM)except for overage players. The deadline for them if it remains the same is 4 days.

Last edited by punch1943: 01-05-2013 at 10:45 AM. Reason: my error
Old
01-05-2013, 10:31 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
I disagree. What Erie does or doesn't do has no effect on the Spitfires. Zilch,zip,nada,zero,smuck.
Why you ask. Answer = The Spitfires are in the West Division of the Western conference. Erie is in the midwest division of the western conference. The Spitfires need to beat out Saginaw to get in the playoffs. Saginaw is 1 pt ahead of the Spitfires.
Erie has to beat out Guelph who is 17 points ahead of them.

And now you know the rest of the story........
Wrong, it's the top 8 teams in the conference period, it isn't the top 4 from the Midwest and West. Erie can pass Windsor and Saginaw and get that final playoff spot, so yes Erie is still looking at catching Windsor and then Saginaw.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:31 AM
punch1943

Quote:
With Kuptsov to Ottawa and opening another import spot up in Belleville does create another suitor for Khokhlachev?
Sound like a plan to me....bring on those 2nd rounders. Was told they have lots of draft picks....but would Koko rather go to Sarnia, Oshawa or places in between?

Old
01-05-2013, 10:39 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Wrong, it's the top 8 teams in the conference period, it isn't the top 4 from the Midwest and West. Erie can pass Windsor and Saginaw and get that final playoff spot, so yes Erie is still looking at catching Windsor and then Saginaw.
Mea culpa, Mea culpa,

Closed Thread