HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 12.0 - The "Un-Stickied" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Rumcajs

vCash: 500
Why do you guys hate NDS so much? I just watch the games and have no idea whats going on behind the scenes about that

Old
01-04-2013, 02:35 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Basically, he is a control freak that thinks he knows everything about the game yet he makes mistake after mistake. At least two coachs didn't get along with him and left/got fired.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:03 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Portland is getting a lot stronger.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Captain Saku

A lot of movement is happening in the MLS, the impact doesn't seem to be interested at all in any of the available players in the MLS. They seem to prefer acquiring players from abroad.

That Kansas team is getting dismantled, how many players are they going to lose for europe?

Old
01-05-2013, 01:50 AM
gelu88

Pretty decent chance that we'll get at least a couple of Academy signings to round out the roster.

We need a third goalie, which will most likely be Max Crepeau (he also fills the Canadian quota). And I've been hearing real good things about Wandrille Lefevre, who will add depth to the midfield.

How likely is it that Nesta/Ferarri/Rivas would accept a 2 spot rotation? It's probably the best solution for managing them but most people are skeptical that their ego would let them accept that. We'd need a very strong coach to make it happen.

The biggest question I have formation-wise is what they will plan for Camara. He's a natural DM and did quite well when put in that position. In a healthy roster I him more as a regular sub than a starter.

It's a pretty credible lineup. Should get us to the middle of the table at least, though I can't see us getting a lock on a playoff spot unless a number of guys seriously beat expectations:

Old
01-05-2013, 04:19 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Pretty decent chance that we'll get at least a couple of Academy signings to round out the roster.

We need a third goalie, which will most likely be Max Crepeau (he also fills the Canadian quota). And I've been hearing real good things about Wandrille Lefevre, who will add depth to the midfield.

How likely is it that Nesta/Ferarri/Rivas would accept a 2 spot rotation? It's probably the best solution for managing them but most people are skeptical that their ego would let them accept that. We'd need a very strong coach to make it happen.

The biggest question I have formation-wise is what they will plan for Camara. He's a natural DM and did quite well when put in that position. In a healthy roster I him more as a regular sub than a starter.

It's a pretty credible lineup. Should get us to the middle of the table at least, though I can't see us getting a lock on a playoff spot unless a number of guys seriously beat expectations:
Camara is definitely on my starting lineup. Can't find 9 better players than him with the guys we have signed right now. Would rather have him at DM with Bernier and have Warner sub-in.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Camara is definitely on my starting lineup. Can't find 9 better players than him with the guys we have signed right now. Would rather have him at DM with Bernier and have Warner sub-in.
One thing for me that is certain is that Valentine needs to play a lot more next season.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:35 AM
Captain Saku

Valentin is a legit starter in the MLS so is Camara. I never saw Camara play DM so I cant judge but I found him more effective as a CB than RB, but of course there is no room for him there. However with Nesta and Rivas both injury prone he could play CB for a few games.

Let's try him at DM and rotate between him and Warner and also between him and Valentin at RB. He should see plenty of playing time.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:37 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Valentin is a legit starter in the MLS so is Camara. I never saw Camara play DM so I cant judge but I found him more effective as a CB than RB, but of course there is no room for him there. However with Nesta and Rivas both injury prone he could play CB for a few games.

Let's try him at DM and rotate between him and Warner and also between him and Valentin at RB. He should see plenty of playing time.
He's a DM of formation. And he says it's his favourite posisiton.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:23 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He's a DM of formation. And he says it's his favourite posisiton.
Been saying it since the start, the MLS is Phsycial, and French DM's are moulded like Camara. He should get a shot there without a shadow of a doubt. Look at other French CDM's; M'Vila, Capoue, Cissoko, Sissoko, etc

Old
01-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Geester76

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post

The biggest question I have formation-wise is what they will plan for Camara. He's a natural DM and did quite well when put in that position. In a healthy roster I him more as a regular sub than a starter.It's a pretty credible lineup. Should get us to the middle of the table at least, though I can't see us getting a lock on a playoff spot unless a number of guys seriously beat expectations:
I think Camara will likely still play on defense because Nesta-Ferrari-Rivas are all injury prone players. I don't want to jinx the team but at one time or another in the season one or two of them will be injure... I see Camara as a quality substitute it is better for him. When he plays one full game around the 70th minutes he fall down on the ground in pain then get back up play 5 minutes then fall down on the ground in pain stays there a minute then gets up and so on. He's a good player and give it all on the field but has trouble to manage his energy if he plays defensive midfield again he should enter as a sub.

Old
01-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Bud2790

Damn, I can't wait for the season to start!

Old
01-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geester76 View Post
I think Camara will likely still play on defense because Nesta-Ferrari-Rivas are all injury prone players. I don't want to jinx the team but at one time or another in the season one or two of them will be injure... I see Camara as a quality substitute it is better for him. When he plays one full game around the 70th minutes he fall down on the ground in pain then get back up play 5 minutes then fall down on the ground in pain stays there a minute then gets up and so on. He's a good player and give it all on the field but has trouble to manage his energy if he plays defensive midfield again he should enter as a sub.
Ferrari isnt injury prone.. might be getting older but he had one injury last year outside of that he was solid.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:43 PM
VanNistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Been saying it since the start, the MLS is Phsycial, and French DM's are moulded like Camara. He should get a shot there without a shadow of a doubt. Look at other French CDM's; M'Vila, Capoue, Cissoko, Sissoko, etc
Cissokho is a D/WB L, M'Vila is more of a Box-to-box than a DM... You should have mentionned both Diarra's, Vieira.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Geester76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Ferrari isnt injury prone.. might be getting older but he had one injury last year outside of that he was solid.
I said he's injury prone because in 2011 when he was playing with Beşiktaş in Turkey he had a serious injury ( I read that on wikipedia) and again this year another injury.

You are right about him he is an awesome defenceman he was our best D last year.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Geester76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
Damn, I can't wait for the season to start!
Only 2 months to wait.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Captain Saku

Dont forget the superdraft on jan 17 guys. Should be interesting.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
Cissokho is a D/WB L, M'Vila is more of a Box-to-box than a DM... You should have mentionned both Diarra's, Vieira.
Maybe he meant Mohammed Sissoko and Moussa Sissoko.

If we are going all-time, then Makelele is the best

Old
01-06-2013, 02:44 PM
MontrealYul

I think its time to sticky this thread!

Old
01-06-2013, 03:03 PM
RoadTotheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealYul View Post
I think its time to sticky this thread!

Old
01-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Geester76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Dont forget the superdraft on jan 17 guys. Should be interesting.
Very interesting indeed we have picks number 8 and 18th in the first round and 2 secound round picks. Total Failure Club will steal the show they have picks number 1 and 3 in the draft

Old
01-06-2013, 03:40 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geester76 View Post
Very interesting indeed we have picks number 8 and 18th in the first round and 2 secound round picks. Total Failure Club will steal the show they have picks number 1 and 3 in the draft

Old
01-06-2013, 03:44 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNistelrooy View Post
Yeah I meant Sissoko. Cissokho is in the BBVA now. As for the Diarra's, yeah I did forget them, and I didn't include Vieira as I was looking more on the "recent" side of things.

14 Days

Old
01-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Captain Saku

Impact announces the new coach.

What a bad timing.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Thierrynski

Quote: