HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

PGT - Bronze Medal Game - Canada vs Russia

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2013, 07:35 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
What was his ice time because in the games I saw it looked like he didn't play much?
I know he was mostly ignored in this game. Was especially pissed since he did some great work to draw a PP, then didn't play for almost fifteen minutes. Reminded me of the way Julien used Seguin in his rookie season, only without any logical reason for doing so.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:36 AM
orcatown

Didn't look like Reilly wanted any part of that freight train going to the net. Made no effort to use his body to stop the Russian from driving across the front of the net. Sort of epitomized the softest of the D. through out the tournament

Old
01-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
I know he was mostly ignored in this game. Was especially pissed since he did some great work to draw a PP, then didn't play for almost fifteen minutes. Reminded me of the way Julien used Seguin in his rookie season, only without any logical reason for doing so.
Is he old enough for next years event? I presume he is because he's only 17. But he should've been played more. Had RNH not been fit I think he would've gotten more time.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:38 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
Watching that last goal again, why didnt Rielly hit him?? He just allowed Nichushkin to go right to the front of the net and go by subban.

Any d-man would take that guy out...

More and more i watch it, it was more Riellys fault then Murphys.
Agreed. Murphy was the initial whipping boy by myself as well, but with proper support he would've been okay. Rielly got weaker by the end of the tourney.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:39 AM
67sfan

Rielly, Murphy, and Hamilton were junk this tourney on D

Old
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Is he old enough for next years event? I presume he is because he's only 17. But he should've been played more. Had RNH not been fit I think he would've gotten more time.
He will be 18, but I would think that he'll make the jump to the NHL. He plays a game that translates easily while having the overall make up of a potential franchise player.

Old
schpaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by romao View Post
Have you guys noticed that in 4 games against top teams (I mean CAN,USA & SWE) Grigorenko had just 1 point and also was quite bad in the faceoff circle (38.4% by my calculation). So the question is: are we finally allowed to say he's really not showing up in the big games?

Sure..now you can sleep at night

Old
01-05-2013, 07:40 AM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 582
Is Dumba eligible for next year? It'd be nice to see him, Ryan Pulock, and other physical, skilled D-men make the team next year. Canada needs a lot more sandpaper for next year. Other teams were pushing Canadians around which used to never happen.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
He will be 18, but I would think that he'll make the jump to the NHL. He plays a game that translates easily while having the overall make up of a potential franchise player.
Someone with that talent would be wasted in the CHL or even AHL if he can match up against NHL calibre players.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:41 AM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
Watching that last goal again, why didnt Rielly hit him?? He just allowed Nichushkin to go right to the front of the net and go by subban.

Any d-man would take that guy out...

More and more i watch it, it was more Riellys fault then Murphys.
I haven't seen Rielly throw many body checks before. Murphy could have at least bumped him a bit too. Playing those two together was just a bad idea.

The more I watch it, the worse Rielly looks, have to agree. He skates hard the whole way he can easily get there and try and make a play. Looks like he's playing the pass, a kid that big, that fast going wide on Ryan Murphy, Rielly has to worry about the guy with the puck.

Last edited by bruinsfan46: 01-05-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old
01-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Since the Oilers started getting number 1 draft picks they've had much to much say in WJC and WHC teams. Since then we've been losing. I honestly don't think it's a coincidence.
I really hope you are trolling...

There were more Oil prospects on the Russian team than the Canadian one this year. Last year there was 0 Oil prospects on the Canadian team.

And the 1 Oil player that did play for Canada this year led the tournament in scoring..

In the WC Eberle had 8 points in 8 games at this years WC. We would have won if they had played Dubnyk instead of Ward.

Speaking of Dubnyk. He and Smyth helped team Canada win its 1st Spengler cup in years.

So I have no idea what you are talking about...

Old
01-05-2013, 07:43 AM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

Tough loss. Not much else to do other than recuperate and come hard next year. Hopefully Steve Spott stays the **** home, what the hell is he thinking putting Rielly and Murphy together like at all, let alone in OT in a bronze medal game.
Then starting a cold tendy in Binnington. LOL, barring some sort of absolute massacre you should stick with one goalie the whole tournament genius. About time Murphy had a decent game, kid has been garbage since day one. Whatever though, hopefully the NHL starts up soon so I have something to feed my craving, god knows that tournament did jack ****.

Congratulations Russia, and good luck Sweden/USA.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:43 AM
Vetal

Quote:
Out with the Nuge, in with the JANK:

Who is this jank? He doesn't seem to be so useless... at this picture at least

Old
01-05-2013, 07:44 AM
habsfanatics

Exciting game, well-played Russia. I know it's not the medal they wanted, but good to take it in front of the home crowd.

Old
Interactif

As bad as Murphy was on the OT winning goal by Nichuskin, the entire Defence played bad. Harrington who always seems to escape criticism, and Hamilton were on the ice for multiple goals. Won't blame the D on the ice for weak Binnington goaltending, but defensively a collective failure. Hindsight is 20-20, but player selection by this Team Canada, was very questionable. Put a Sutter behind the bench if we want to win this tournament again.

Old
Xokkeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetal View Post
Who is this jank?
Calgary 1st rounder

Old
01-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Who is this jank?
Jankowski. Drafted by Calgary last year.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Qrispy

Quote:
Who is this jank?
Best player from the 2012 draft.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:47 AM
JAS 39 Gripen

Did McKinnon play in this tourny?

Old
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Never like to see the taunting and never like the sweater tug after the goal the Canadians do more than anybody else and I wish someday a coach or a captain would put a stop to it. Score your goal, ass grab your teammates and then skate to the center ice dot.

Congrats to Russia on the win. Lets hope Hockey Canada gets back to basics next year and enough of the gimmicks and capes, heat lamps and psychobabble. Bring skates, sticks and pucks and play the freakin game.

I didn't like the cape thing either. I thought it was kind of arrogant tbh. This team thought they were better than they were, all the way from top to bottom.

Old
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

but canada was a lock for the cold according to all canadiens before the tournament?

Old
01-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Xokkeu

Still cheering for Sweden Canadian fans?

Old
01-05-2013, 07:49 AM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Steve Spott will never coach a serious professional hockey team after this tourny.

He used OUR hockey team as his own little club.

I feel bad for Carolina Hurricanes fans. You might as well write off Ryan Murphy.
Not even close. He had a good game and got beat by a big, young, full of talent 17 yr old. **** happens.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:49 AM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
but canada was a lock for the cold according to all canadiens before the tournament? you are lock to gold every year you guys always say. 4 years without gold and this year not even medal with the strongets team canada since 2005.

next year your team looks horrible and it will be in big ice with international rules and reefres in SWEDEN. all the euro team will have strong teams...good luck canada, you gonna need it.
If Canada had less talent but more heart they would have done better. Also it's a little premature to be judging next year's team.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:50 AM
clarkebr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
3 94 born players. 3rd string goalie and 2 d-men. All the rest 93 born players except for 2 95 born players Mackinnon and Drouin.

There are good 94 born players that Canada didn't take because Hockey Canada believes this is a tournament for 19 year old players. i.e. Age trumps skill. Hopefully Hockey Canada now rethinks that philosophy. It's been debunked. The U20 Tournament is a tournament of skill not age.
Sweden has a strong returning team next year.
Canada should take the 18 year olds and work specifically with them in high level training and work towards a gold medal for 2015.

Closed Thread