HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester Americans / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed.

Closed Thread

Old
12-27-2012, 10:13 PM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Regier had his hand in most of the signings for Rochester prior to the split to Portland. It's not as if most Rochester fans are pissed at Regier for the last 1 1/4 seasons. It's that prior to all of this he's had a history of not signing veterans or replacing players who were injured.

I believe it was the year after the lockout where Dominic Pittis wanted to resign with the Amerks and Regier basically told him to have fun in Switzerland. This was after a 104, 65 (in 58) and 77 pt season with the Amerks. Pominville, Roy, and Paille were all called up for full time duty after only a month and they were replaced by absolute plugs. Jiri "The Turd" Novotny was the leading scorer that year with 54 pts and the Amerks missed the playoffs. Moves like that are why Regier isn't well liked by Amerks fans.
Yep I remember that. Pittis was the heart and soul of the Amerks. He loved it there and wanted to re-sign prior to free agency. Regier basically gave him the finger and Pittis signed a deal in Europe mid season.

Old
12-29-2012, 09:00 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Just FYI I'll be streaming tonight's game. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1312885 Thanks.

Old
12-29-2012, 10:08 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Any guesses on how much of how the Sabres have handled Girgensons has been respecting his wishes? And how much is them dictating to him?

I know he has said he had no interest in playing juniors. At least for the team that has his rights. Are there any quotes out there giving us an idea how he feels about not going to world juniors?
You got one today.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...121229316/1004

Quote:
Zemgus Girgensons would have rather spent Friday in Russia as a member of Latvia’s national team, but he understands why he was in Buffalo playing for the Amerks.

The Sabres’ second of two first-round draft picks is only 18 years old and remains eligible for the world junior tournament, which began this week. Latvia named him to its roster, but the Sabres and Amerks declined to release him.

“It was more of the team’s choice,” Girgensons said. “I didn’t really have an opinion on that.”

Would he have liked to play?

“Well, it’s my country,” he said. “You can’t get upset. This is where I’m playing. If I can help this team, it’s a lift for me.”

Girgensons entered Friday with two goals and six points in 23 games.

“I’m just trying to get better where I can,” he said. “I think lately it’s been going real good.”

Old
01-02-2013, 10:40 AM
sabrefan27

I was talking to a friend the other day about if the lockout ends, and I mentioned how I think the Amerks could actually improve if it happens. Yes, they'll lose Hodgson and Foligno. Huge blow. But they are the second highest scoring team in the league, and if the Sabres just sign 1 replacement, I think they'll get along fine. But defensively is where I think they get better. I see no way that Brennan is risked being lost on waivers. That gives Buffalo 9 defensemen. Pardy gets sent down and possibly Weber, as I don't think they'll keep 8. Either that or they trade someone. Pardy/Weber on the Amerks' blueline would be major upgrade to that unit.

Old
01-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Jacob582

The Amerks may do better after the lockout. A lot of players on rival teams will be heading to the NHL.

I agree, they won't risk losing Brennen on waivers. They will also not risk losing Weber on waivers.

Old
01-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
The Amerks may do better after the lockout. A lot of players on rival teams will be heading to the NHL.

I agree, they won't risk losing Brennen on waivers. They will also not risk losing Weber on waivers.
I wouldn't be too surprised about Brennan, he's not exactly an unique commodity in the league as he's NHL/AHL tweener

Old
01-02-2013, 04:37 PM
TheWook

I have been surprised by Brennans ability to score goals, his shot is really good.

Old
01-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Disengage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWook View Post
I have been surprised by Brennans ability to score goals, his shot is really good.
You shouldn't be surprised. He finished 3rd in goals for the Amerks last year.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:03 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disengage View Post
He's doing even better this year though. He had 16 last year in 52 games. Looks like he'll end this year with 20 or maybe more. He might be rough in his own end, but he's a heck of an offensive player at the AHL level.

Old
01-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
He's doing even better this year though. He had 16 last year in 52 games. Looks like he'll end this year with 20 or maybe more. He might be rough in his own end, but he's a heck of an offensive player at the AHL level.

Being rough in his own end may keep Brennen from having a good NHL career, however I just feel that his offensive numbers this season will attract attention if the Sabres were to waive him when the lockout ends.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:40 PM
TheWook

Quote:
Impressed would have been a better word, as I havent watched Brennan play before this year other than his stint with the Sabres. Hopefully he can get better in his own zone but I like his skillset for the power play.

Old
01-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Rammstein816

Slightly OT, but former Amerk G Drew MacIntyre is back on this side of the ocean.

Reading Royals signed (G) Drew MacIntyre to an ECHL contract #nhl #ahl #ECHL

Old
01-05-2013, 08:40 AM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein816 View Post
Slightly OT, but former Amerk G Drew MacIntyre is back on this side of the ocean.

Reading Royals signed (G) Drew MacIntyre to an ECHL contract #nhl #ahl #ECHL
Wow, what happened to this guy? From one of the best Goalies in the AHL to an average one to a Back-up in the KHL to someone who only got a contract in the ECHL? Wow... Would've thought that he'd stay in Europe if he didn't get an AHL-contract right away.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Blue n Gold Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
Wow, what happened to this guy? From one of the best Goalies in the AHL to an average one to a Back-up in the KHL to someone who only got a contract in the ECHL? Wow... Would've thought that he'd stay in Europe if he didn't get an AHL-contract right away.
I'm thinking that he came back in anticipation of some AHL spots opening up once the lockout is over. Signing with an ECHL team will keep him in game shape. I have not looked at every team in the AHL but I'm guessing there's a few goalies who could end up in the NHL.

Old
01-05-2013, 11:51 AM
French Connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
What happened to him!?

That's an easy answer, Rolston. The Amerks coaching staff has bee very good at ruining ALLSTARS.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:45 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Connection View Post
What happened to him!?

That's an easy answer, Rolston. The Amerks coaching staff has bee very good at ruining ALLSTARS.
Exactly. He was a highly paid all star who was very good. Rolston decided to rotate him the first 2 months of the season and he never really had a chance.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:14 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

I've heard a lot of criticism of Rolston this season and kind of took it with a grain of salt, figuring people were just complaining out of habit. Then I read the most recent HF article on Rochester and am starting to agree with it all.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Disengage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Exactly. He was a highly paid all star who was very good. Rolston decided to rotate him the first 2 months of the season and he never really had a chance.
Not true. Rolston did rotate them for October and into November. Mac had back to back starts on Nov 11th and 12th and may have had more if he had not been recalled on the 14th (he was only 3-4-1 at that point). Mac was returned December 1st (did not start the 2nd) and went on to start the next 4 games and 10 of the next 14 and went 3-4-3. At the start of 2012 MacIntyre was 6-7-3 while Leggio was 9-6-2. At that point Rolston started playing Leggio nearly every game.

If you want to criticize Rolston for not holding players accountable, fine. But when you criticize the way he handed MacIntyre, you'll be talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Not true. Rolston did rotate them for October and into November. Mac had back to back starts on Nov 11th and 12th and may have had more if he had not been recalled on the 14th (he was only 3-4-1 at that point). Mac was returned December 1st (did not start the 2nd) and went on to start the next 4 games and 10 of the next 14 and went 3-4-3. At the start of 2012 MacIntyre was 6-7-3 while Leggio was 9-6-2. At that point Rolston started playing Leggio nearly every game.

If you want to criticize Rolston for not holding players accountable, fine. But when you criticize the way he handed MacIntyre, you'll be talking out of both sides of your mouth.
Thanks for the facts.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:

Bingo. McIntyre's poor season is on himself, not Rolston.

He flat out got outplayed by Leggio and was relegated to bench duty because of it.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:33 PM
sabrefan27

Facts my ass. MacIntyre was an all star and had an insane season and playoff run with Hamilton. He should have been the starter from day 1 with the bulk of the playing time. The stupid rotation clearly set the pace for his subpar season. And MacIntyre still had a better save % at the end of 2012 than Leggio when Rolston just stopped playing him.

Last edited by sabrefan27: 01-06-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

I'm going to the game this Friday. It will be interesting to see what the lineup looks like. The Sabres can pull the guys they know will be playing in the NHL (Hodgson, Foligno), but what about the guys that would normally get a look in camp during the offseason? Rochester can't function if they pull all their prospects and guys on two-ways. I'm assuming they've evaluated guys the last few months and leave guys like McNabb on the farm.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Facts my ass. MacIntyre was an all star and had an insane season and playoff run with Hamilton. He should have been the starter from day 1 with the bulk of the playing time. The stupid rotation clearly set the pace for his subpar season. And MacIntyre still had a better save % at the end of 2012 than Leggio when Rolston just stopped playing him.
Was Leggio not dealing with that same rotation? He seemed to be ok.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:03 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
Was Leggio not dealing with that same rotation? He seemed to be ok.
His numbers were about the same as MacIntyre's up until the end of December. But my point is when you sign a goalie like MacIntyre, YOU PLAY HIM. Rolston rotated him every other game for 2 months. If you think that had no effect on the rest of his season, then we just disagree. MacIntyre did not take advantage of his playing time, but Rolston still mishandled him.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Disengage

Quote:
His numbers were about the same as MacIntyre's up until the end of December. But my point is when you sign a goalie like MacIntyre, YOU PLAY HIM. Rolston rotated him every other game for 2 months. If you think that had no effect on the rest of his season, then we just disagree. MacIntyre did not take advantage of his playing time, but Rolston still mishandled him.
Every other game for 1 month. Rolston went with the guy who was winning. MacIntyre couldn't stop a breakaway to save his life.

Closed Thread