HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bills Off-Season 2013 Style (Wilson, Barnett, McGee released, T Jackson re-signed)

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2013, 02:58 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing88 View Post
Wow...a lot of hate for the Brownies. I personally always cheer for a Cleveland team if Buffalo is out of the running...although it's usually a case of mutual failure. I hope Kelly does well with the Browns is in fact he does end up there. Anything to see those awful Steelers fans cry.

That being said, we just need to go full on towards Lovie at this point. We are FAR more appealing than Arizona in terms of roster talent and history. If it's either him or Horton I'll be happy. If its Whisenhunt than get prepared for status quo.
Kelly is still interviewing with Buffalo and Philadelphia. They're not out the race for him yet, and if they really want him they need to throw everything they have at him.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:58 AM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Figured it out. I don't give a **** who the coach is as long as that party AGREES to SUCK this upcoming year.

#SuckForJohnnyFootball!!!!
He was a freshman this year. Gotta wait till after his junior year.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:14 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
He was a freshman this year. Gotta wait till after his junior year.
Technically no. I think you could declare after your Sophmore year. The guy academically is a Junior already.

But I was talking about for the 2014 Draft.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:15 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

STEPHEN A on Lovie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdNHNYuLdGk

Bears really didn't win any "big" games. Look like last years Bungaloes.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:39 AM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

You can only declare after it's been 3 years since you have graduated High School.He can declare next year as a RS Soph.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Takeo

The myriad of inaccurate reports that came out last evening was nuts. Kelly to Browns was practically a done deal without Kelly ever meeting with Buffalo. The bb.com messageboard was an absolute circus freak show, more so than usual.

At the end of the day, they seem to be following through with due diligence and have at least 6 viable candidates lined up. Some sexier than others, but it's a solid group overall. No real indications that Kelly is leaning one way or another.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...ng-lovie-smith

Old
01-05-2013, 10:25 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Russ just needs to hand Kelly a blank check here. There is no cap, if they don't get him it's squarely a failure on their behalf.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:34 AM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Russ just needs to hand Kelly a blank check here. There is no cap, if they don't get him it's squarely a failure on their behalf.
Or he might not want to come to Buffalo. It's not exactly the glamour job of the NFL.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:50 AM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Or he might not want to come to Buffalo. It's not exactly the glamour job of the NFL.
With the high number of HC job openings I think the Bills might be picking off the discount bin. Not a knock on the Buffalo area but rather the franchise itself. They do have some nice pieces to build around, but I just feel the opportunities offered at many of the other franchises are more attractive IMO.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:54 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
And the Cleveland Browns are?

Old
01-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
With the high number of HC job openings I think the Bills might be picking off the discount bin. Not a knock on the Buffalo area but rather the franchise itself. They do have some nice pieces to build around, but I just feel the opportunities offered at many of the other franchises are more attractive IMO.
It's a knock on both the Buffalo area and the franchise. Both suck. Which is why it's not a bad move to have a marketer in charge.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:56 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
The myriad of inaccurate reports that came out last evening was nuts. Kelly to Browns was practically a done deal without Kelly ever meeting with Buffalo. The bb.com messageboard was an absolute circus freak show, more so than usual.

At the end of the day, they seem to be following through with due diligence and have at least 6 viable candidates lined up. Some sexier than others, but it's a solid group overall. No real indications that Kelly is leaning one way or another.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...ng-lovie-smith
That place is a joke, the internet should consider shutting it down so all can keep their santity. The people posting on there seem very strange. I just read when I want laughter. Holy hell theres like 500 threads on Chip Kelly this week from hes taking a dump to his interviewing with the Bills. Seems like Kelly or bust for those weirdos. Don't want him, he's a prime candidate for a guy leaving college that will FLOP. That trick offense won't work in this league.

I personally think he's just doing what he promised. I still think he will go to Cleveland or stay at Oregon. He's still interviewing with the Eagles too.

I thought Kelly interviewed with the Bills already yesterday afternoon(prior to when the Browns rumor came up?)

Old
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

The BBMB is certainly the cesspool of humanity. It's basically what would happen if you walked into a buffalo bar any given night and tried to talk about football. Or just listen to people calling into WGR.

Football seems to attract people with an IQ around the average high in december. That's why I prefer to just talk football here. As much as I may not agree with people here, at least we're all pretty much capable of intelligent thought.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:35 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
The BBMB is certainly the cesspool of humanity. It's basically what would happen if you walked into a buffalo bar any given night and tried to talk about football. Or just listen to people calling into WGR.

Football seems to attract people with an IQ around the average high in december. That's why I prefer to just talk football here. As much as I may not agree with people here, at least we're all pretty much capable of intelligent thought.
I think these are the folks calling WGR

They used WGR as a source of a Cowher rumor that sounded like a joke by WGR to settle folks down.

As for the next coach...is Mike Zimmer scheduled to interview?(Bengals DC)

Old
01-05-2013, 07:56 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
I think these are the folks calling WGR

They used WGR as a source of a Cowher rumor that sounded like a joke by WGR to settle folks down.

As for the next coach...is Mike Zimmer scheduled to interview?(Bengals DC)
They made a point about him being rather upset that he wasn't. I must admit I don't really know how good the Bengals defense was during all the years they sucked. Or even if he worked for them then.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:31 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
I would like to see either Lovie Smith or Chip Kelly, When is the last time they hired a former HC as opposed to a Cordinator??

Old
01-05-2013, 08:32 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
I would like to see either Lovie Smith or Chip Kelly, When is the last time they hired a former HC as opposed to a Cordinator??
Gailey. HC in Dallas 1998-1999, HC in Georgia Tech 2002-2007.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:33 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
They made a point about him being rather upset that he wasn't. I must admit I don't really know how good the Bengals defense was during all the years they sucked. Or even if he worked for them then.
Spent a decade+ in Dalklas, 07 in ATL and has been in Cincy since 08:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Zimmer

Old
01-05-2013, 08:35 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Gailey. HC in Dallas 1998-1999, HC in Georgia Tech 2002-2007.
ah yes I had feeling he was, and now that I think about it was't Jauron the Bears head coach for a year or two??

Old
01-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
ah yes I had feeling he was, and now that I think about it was't Jauron the Bears head coach for a year or two??
Yes, the Bears made the playoffs with Jauron as their coach

Old
01-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Woodhouse

vCash: 50
Quote:
Buffalo Bills
Replacing: Chan Gailey

In the mix: Ken Whisenhunt, Ray Horton, Hue Jackson, Lovie Smith, Doug Marrone, Chip Kelly, Mike McCoy

The latest: After Bills execs interviewed recently fired Cardinals head coach Whisenhunt as well as his former defensive coodinator Ray Horton earlier in the week, they interviewed three more candidates on Friday. The team formally met with former Bears coach Lovie Smith, Syracuse head coach Doug Marrone and had a quick meeting with Oregon head coach Chip Kelly Friday.

The team is reportedly meeting with Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy Saturday. A source also told USA TODAY Sports that Bengals assistant Hue Jackson might speak to the Bills next week after his team's wild card game this Saturday against Houston..
Is THIS missing any names? I'm trying to catch up here.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Takeo

That looks right. Hugh Jackson is the new name. Haslett was mentioned but nothing confirmed. Waiting on official word from the McCoy interview today.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:10 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Haslett? The Skins D STINKS!

Old
01-06-2013, 05:32 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
@AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Doug Marrone has agreed to leave Syracuse and become the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:33 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Russ Brandon sucks balls. Yay more irrelevance!!

Closed Thread