HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [24-30-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
I'm not too panicked, we have a young team in a "lock out stacked AHL", they have had bad games but also good ones.

Toronto is winning a lot but on the backs of AHL journeymen, check the stats of their "future stars" McKegg, Colborne, D'amigo, Blacker and Ashton they are all struggling.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:41 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm not too panicked, we have a young team in a "lock out stacked AHL", they have had bad games but also good ones.

Toronto is winning a lot but on the backs of AHL journeymen, check the stats of their "future stars" McKegg, Colborne, D'amigo, Blacker and Ashton they are all struggling.
They are struggling and they beat us 6-0, imagine that they are bit better...
Whenever Dogs play against a team, and I look at their roster and see a lot of no-names (I'm not a hockey expert though). Then I wonder how that roster can beat us easily. How our Gallagher, Leblanc, Beaulieu, Tinordi can't beat them ?

Old
01-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
They are struggling and they beat us 6-0, imagine that they are bit better...
Whenever Dogs play against a team, and I look at their roster and see a lot of no-names (I'm not a hockey expert though). Then I wonder how that roster can beat us easily. How our Gallagher, Leblanc, Beaulieu, Tinordi can't beat them ?
The part you are missing is our 20 year old rookies are competing against 27-30 year old minor league stars. Plus Toronto has NHLers like Gardiner Kardi and Scrivens/Rynnas playing AHL. Those guys are pretty much locks to be part of the Leafs 22 man roster.

Old
01-03-2013, 12:59 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
I cant stand hamilton with lefevbre as coach. Worst move by Bergevin... this guy doesnt know what he is doing..
Can you tell me what's Lefebvre's main job? On which criterias are you evaluating the job he has done so far?

Old
01-03-2013, 05:25 PM
ChoseLa

Even if Lefebvre is making questionnable decisions, he doesn't have offence to work with. If Geffrion and Palushaj weren't injured (wich even then wouldn't make much of a threat) we could complain, but right now this line-up is very thin, as much as we can question his decisions there is nothing to be done realy.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Et le But

Goodbye Nash.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:46 PM
ChoseLa

Welcome 5"11 puck moving defencemen.

Old
01-03-2013, 05:51 PM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Welcome 5"11 puck moving defencemen.
Who plays little to no actual defense.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Habtchum*

Is Pateryn coming back soon from his injury ?

Old
01-04-2013, 01:16 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Is Pateryn coming back soon from his injury ?
Two more weeks apparently and his presence will certainly make the forwards jobs easier.While not a veteran pro Pateryn has four years experience against older men in the College ranks.He can be a settling influence along with Commodore,the Bulldogs will be able once again to concentrate more on offence than defence.Having a full complement of defencemen can really change their outlook in a hurry,that's the difficulties a young team has to deal with,one injury can throw a wrench into the works. The Bulldogs have players that can make a difference offensively but they are playing in their rookie seasons. Given a year and the addition of Kristo,Collberg,Pribyl on offence and Nygren.Deitz and Thrower on defence the Bulldogs could be a powerful team by the end of next year.Possibly making the playoffs and being a threat to win the Calder Trophy with Desjardins in goal again.Be

Old
01-04-2013, 02:32 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

What are the odds of Desjardins becoming Price's backup once Budaj's contract with the Habs is up?

Old
01-04-2013, 02:46 PM
DAChampion

They could have a bit more offense in Hamilton if they wanted.

Play Alexander Avtsin and Patrick Holland a bit more, they have tools but they need time to develop. Put them on the ice with Beaulieu and Ellis.

Old
01-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergForever View Post
What are the odds of Desjardins becoming Price's backup once Budaj's contract with the Habs is up?
Slim? I don't know, I like Desjardins, but it's usually hard for goalies to find NHL jobs. He has been very good in the AHL, but... where is Budaj going next? He's not going to play a lot either and attract a lot of attention from other teams, so why doesn't he just re-sign in Montreal? Play the games, maybe something changes. But as a generalization, it's hard for a veteran AHL goalie to find a place to step up into. Not without something unexpected/atypical happening. Like Price getting hurt, say, *necessitating* a Desjardins callup, during which he effectively supplants Budaj by outplaying him down the stretch, head to head. Adds up to slim odds, in reality, even if you like Desjardins and think he is capable of playing in the NHL, like I do. There are always goalies like that stuck in the same spot, though.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
They could have a bit more offense in Hamilton if they wanted.

Play Alexander Avtsin and Patrick Holland a bit more, they have tools but they need time to develop. Put them on the ice with Beaulieu and Ellis.
That guy MUST play, or he should just been released. He was playing well with Nattinen last season. With Holland or Quailer on the LW, they should be fine.

Same with Leblanc. Give him some top-two lines minutes with Gallagher.

Old
01-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Game is on TVA Sports ? I checked earlier and it had hockey at 7, but it only said "Free preview until January 13th. Sports."

Old
01-04-2013, 07:34 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
That guy MUST play, or he should just been released. He was playing well with Nattinen last season.
There weren't many games in Hamilton last year where Avtsin was playing well. I thought he was at his best when he was on a line with Leblanc before his callup.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:19 PM
S Bah

It's finally over Patrick Holland scored his 4th goal of the season to snap the goalless drought at 200 mins.and twenty-nine secs.I'm ecstatic with joy that they have remembered to score while I'm watching and still alive!Holland scored at 19:59 to beat the clock for the game tying goal at 1-1 @ the end of one period the longest periods of goalless hockey for Hamilton ever in it's history.Do you think their was some stick squeezing going on between the Bulldogs over this streak,I'm almost in tears laughing so hard.

Last edited by S Bah: 01-04-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old
01-05-2013, 07:52 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Carrière and Dudley were at the game yesterday and they apparently told Lefebvre to keep working on the development on the kids and that is what was important to them, they seemed happy with his work so far. That's according to TVASports (in the vid)

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/bulldogs-...vapeur-4012013

Old
01-05-2013, 08:19 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It's finally over Patrick Holland scored his 4th goal of the season to snap the goalless drought at 200 mins.and twenty-nine secs.I'm ecstatic with joy that they have remembered to score while I'm watching and still alive!Holland scored at 19:59 to beat the clock for the game tying goal at 1-1 @ the end of one period the longest periods of goalless hockey for Hamilton ever in it's history.Do you think their was some stick squeezing going on between the Bulldogs over this streak,I'm almost in tears laughing so hard.
200min? I'd be curious how long it took Gomez, well over 1000 probably

Old
01-05-2013, 10:50 AM
SeriousFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Carrière and Dudley were at the game yesterday and they apparently told Lefebvre to keep working on the development on the kids and that is what was important to them, they seemed happy with his work so far. That's according to TVASports (in the vid)

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/bulldogs-...vapeur-4012013
Nobody ever says their coach is doing a bad job though.

Old
01-05-2013, 11:44 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

It will be interesting to see what happens over the summer, if management looks to once again have a new coaching staff (which would make it 6 years in a row that the team would have a new coaching staff) or do they stick with the current group who will likely have a good bit of youth on the way again next season depending on how things shake out between now and then.

If the lockout were to end next week, it would be interesting to see the impact on the Dogs as other teams will lose their best players while the Dogs could perhaps not lose much at all depending on various factors. That said, as someone that watches Hamilton very closely since the Habs moved there this is easily the worst looking team I have seen the Dogs ice as they are really not fun to watch at all. I give the team high marks for their work ethic as they are a hard working team for sure but it's hard to watch many nights as they struggle to score and the PP makes me want to pull my hair out.

But in the end what matters most is that this helps a few prospects get ready for the NHL down the road so hopefully it works out since we have at least a few future NHL regulars in Hamilton. Between Beaulieu, Tinordi, Leblanc, Gallagher, Dumont, Bournival, etc.. we should have several end up as full time NHLers over the next 2-3 seasons. How good they end up in the NHL will be the question but hopefully one or two live up to expectations and the 2012 draft class ends up as good as we hope it will along with a possible gem or two after the June draft.

Old
01-05-2013, 01:46 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
It will be interesting to see what happens over the summer, if management looks to once again have a new coaching staff (which would make it 6 years in a row that the team would have a new coaching staff) or do they stick with the current group who will likely have a good bit of youth on the way again next season depending on how things shake out between now and then.

If the lockout were to end next week, it would be interesting to see the impact on the Dogs as other teams will lose their best players while the Dogs could perhaps not lose much at all depending on various factors. That said, as someone that watches Hamilton very closely since the Habs moved there this is easily the worst looking team I have seen the Dogs ice as they are really not fun to watch at all. I give the team high marks for their work ethic as they are a hard working team for sure but it's hard to watch many nights as they struggle to score and the PP makes me want to pull my hair out.

But in the end what matters most is that this helps a few prospects get ready for the NHL down the road so hopefully it works out since we have at least a few future NHL regulars in Hamilton. Between Beaulieu, Tinordi, Leblanc, Gallagher, Dumont, Bournival, etc.. we should have several end up as full time NHLers over the next 2-3 seasons. How good they end up in the NHL will be the question but hopefully one or two live up to expectations and the 2012 draft class ends up as good as we hope it will along with a possible gem or two after the June draft.
Yup it's not easy to watch on most nights. But let's not forget that the 'Dogs are a farm team and are there to develop our prospects.
Good post.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:40 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
Nobody ever says their coach is doing a bad job though.
Remember when Gainey said that his best move as GM was hiring Carbonneau?

Carbo was gone a few weeks later.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:12 AM
JHabs61

I went to the Icehogs game yesterday(2 days ago technically)... and they won. Bulldogs are 5-0-0 in the games I've gone to. Moral of the story, by me tickets and Bulldogs will win every game. O:-)

Old
01-06-2013, 01:46 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHabs61 View Post
I went to the Icehogs game yesterday(2 days ago technically)... and they won. Bulldogs are 5-0-0 in the games I've gone to. Moral of the story, by me tickets and Bulldogs will win every game. O:-)
Nope, not going to work, you gonna empty whatever that does it.

Habs Prospects website
Closed Thread