HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

PGT - Bronze Medal Game - Canada vs Russia

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2013, 11:40 AM
  #626
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,768
vCash: 500
Ryan Kennedy ‏@THNRyanKennedy
Awkward: Apparently Sweden, Team USA, Canada and Finland are on the same charter flight out of Ufa tonight.

https://twitter.com/THNRyanKennedy/s...10662325207041


UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:41 AM
  #627
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Ryan Kennedy ‏@THNRyanKennedy
Awkward: Apparently Sweden, Team USA, Canada and Finland are on the same charter flight out of Ufa tonight.

https://twitter.com/THNRyanKennedy/s...10662325207041

Would be great to be a US player on that plane

Fire Lindy is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:45 AM
  #628
Yamaguchi
Registered User
 
Yamaguchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
I can understand all that joy and taunting.


The Russians have beaten Canada at WJC for 3 consecutive years.

Yamaguchi is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:45 AM
  #629
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack
 
HarrisonFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,788
vCash: 500
I see a lot of people doubting Canadian junior hockey. I would argue we had the best team of individual skilled players. However we had far from the best team. We lost because our coach failed to properly utilize the talent he was given, and made poor decisions. For example: choosing Murphy in the first place. Starting Binnington after riding Subban all tournament. I know there is a very valid argument for doing that, but having your backup make his first start in a medal game is a mistake. Also, his line-up choices and ice time choices. Call me a homer all you want, it doesn't change the fact that Rielly was under-utilized. Spott used his 7th d-man as a top 4 guy. The fact that he did this because Murphy is his player in the OHL is so obvious it isn't funny

HarrisonFord is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:47 AM
  #630
Ceff Jarter
Registered Duster
 
Ceff Jarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Even Columbus should disrespect Canada after this tournsament.
2 players from Columbus on Team USA. I don't see your point?

Ceff Jarter is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:49 AM
  #631
Yamaguchi
Registered User
 
Yamaguchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
Booing the US National Anthem.

The xenophobe himself. Oh, it must hurt him SO MUCH that the "soft russians" defeated Canada.

...this is just lunacy.







Who's that guy at the bottom? Is it a Canadian version of Bruce Lee?

Yamaguchi is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:49 AM
  #632
Rob
Registered User
 
Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,955
vCash: 500
Any video of Team Canada taunting the Russian bench after they scored the OT winner this past Summer?

Rob is online now  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:49 AM
  #633
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Haha anyone else think Yak is going to have a huge target on his back with his terrible sportsmanship? I think he's gonna get smashed a lot by some big guys. Hockey players don't forget
Remind me why? Because I just saw a really excited Russian player who just beat Canada on home soil. He wasn't one of the over the top players, like the one who were taunting the bench.

He will tone it down when he arrives in NA.

Johnny Bravo is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:50 AM
  #634
DisgruntledGoat
Registered User
 
DisgruntledGoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
There is no difference between then and now when it comes to intentionally breaking the other team's star player's ankle. It is a black mark on Canadian hockey and as long as we celebrate the '72 victory as we do, it will always be relevant.

But, Canada never shows poor sportsmanship these days, right?

4-0 goal, Marchand acts like he won Olympic gold in overtime and climbs the glass:



and, let's not forget:






I'm Canadian, but I can admit Team Canada has a long, long history of being *******s on the international stage.
You realize Tavares taunted the Americans IN RESPONSE to the US taunting the Canadian bench like 10 seconds before that?

Although I don't know why I'm explaining this. Its obvious the anti-Canadian posters on here can't even tell the difference between celebratin a goal during the game and taunting an opponent after a win, so this will no doubt be lost on them as well.

DisgruntledGoat is online now  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:50 AM
  #635
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke
 
Nazem Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Francais-land
Country: France
Posts: 10,066
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Quote:
Originally Posted by beached whaler View Post
2 players from Columbus on Team USA. I don't see your point?
It's an HFBoards meme.

Nazem Gretzky is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:51 AM
  #636
Satan
why did she go
 
Satan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: exchange
Country: Germany
Posts: 37,781
vCash: 50
Man this thread really shows the dark side of a lot of people. Jesus you guys can bicker about anything.

Great game, wish it went the other way but I'm over it.

See you next year in Sweden.

__________________
all your friends are getting older
all your friends are moving on
forget everything you've ever said and stop pretending
i have every ounce of confidence
that you will fix all that you've wrecked
Satan is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 11:53 AM
  #637
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 32,114
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Since this discussion isn't even close to game related - we are done here.

ColePens is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.