HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Deku Scrub

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
Who are the best "value players" this year.

And by that I mean players that are nearly as good as elite, popular, expensive players that people ignore.
I think Tim Gleason is extremely underrated. I never see anyone mention him or use him, but he is actually really good. Only 83 overall, but he has 88 skating, 87 checking, and 88 defense or something like that. His shooting and hands bring his overall down, which is probably why people pass over him. However, I've used him a lot and he is fantastic - I got him for only 600 pucks too. He is very fast and I've been able to skate through a whole team with him, he can throw big hits, and is strong in his own zone.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
I think Tim Gleason is extremely underrated. I never see anyone mention him or use him, but he is actually really good. Only 83 overall, but he has 88 skating, 87 checking, and 88 defense or something like that. His shooting and hands bring his overall down, which is probably why people pass over him. However, I've used him a lot and he is fantastic - I got him for only 600 pucks too. He is very fast and I've been able to skate through a whole team with him, he can throw big hits, and is strong in his own zone.
Might try him out, usually don't like to check but having that speed+def is pretty nice for a 3rd pairing/pk.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:57 AM
ChipDouglas

Quote:
Who are the best "value players" this year.

And by that I mean players that are nearly as good as elite, popular, expensive players that people ignore.
Some of the top "value" guys I think are Mike Richards, Jay Bouwmeester, Nathan Horton, SOTW Dustin Brown, SOTW Teddy Purcell, SOTW Milan Michalek, Cam Ward, Justin Shultz, Jiri Hudler and Joni Pitkanen.

Some of these guys would be considered elite but not in terms of price relative to other guys with similar skills. Aguy like Bouwmeester is very popular in the game -- guys know he's effective -- but you can still get him for 5000 pucks, so I'd say he's a bargain still.

Old
01-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Deku Scrub

Okay, I'm looking to re-do my second line, as I haven't been enjoying using Spezza and Eberle lately. I found Mike Richards for only 5K, but that was all my pucks. I have two options right now:

1. Sell Spezza, Eberle, and Richards to purchase a second line center and winger to play with Hall

or

2. Sell Spezza and Eberle, use Richards as my #2 center and purchase a winger to complete the line

I'm leaning towards keeping Richards, but I don't know what winger I should buy! I'll have about 40K or so after selling Spezza and Eberle if all goes well, which won't get me anyone REALLY good. I'm thinking about Perry, SOTW Selanne, or SOTW Okposo. Has anyone here used those guys? How were they? I'm open to other suggestions too, but I'd prefer a right handed shooter. LW or RW, doesn't matter.

Old
01-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller

Quote:
Okay, I'm looking to re-do my second line, as I haven't been enjoying using Spezza and Eberle lately. I found Mike Richards for only 5K, but that was all my pucks. I have two options right now:

1. Sell Spezza, Eberle, and Richards to purchase a second line center and winger to play with Hall

or

2. Sell Spezza and Eberle, use Richards as my #2 center and purchase a winger to complete the line

I'm leaning towards keeping Richards, but I don't know what winger I should buy! I'll have about 40K or so after selling Spezza and Eberle if all goes well, which won't get me anyone REALLY good. I'm thinking about Perry, SOTW Selanne, or SOTW Okposo. Has anyone here used those guys? How were they? I'm open to other suggestions too, but I'd prefer a right handed shooter. LW or RW, doesn't matter.
Ryan?

Old
01-05-2013, 11:48 AM
pcamp

Trading most of my team away on PS3 looking for pucks or if players they must have a little more value:
Phaneuf x2
SoTW Moulson
SoTW Setoguchi
Quick
Hall(RW)
Karlsson
Nash(C)
Kesler

Old
01-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Deku Scrub

Quote:
Ryan?
Not sure about him. He's only got 85 skating, but then again, so does Perry. Maybe I'll have to do a little comparison.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Bud2790

My first line is Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry. I've had them for about 2 months, they seem faster than their 85 speed rating. Ryan and Perry can snipe like there's no tomorrow.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:18 PM
pcamp

Quote:
Not sure about him. He's only got 85 skating, but then again, so does Perry. Maybe I'll have to do a little comparison.
I had Perry and Ryan has RH RW and i thought they both were too slow, i know you said RH but the only RW i liked so far are Nash & Hossa. Im intrigued by SOTW Okposo thoo, was waiting for some feedback before trying him

Old
01-05-2013, 12:27 PM
robis1221

Quote:

or

Patrick Sharp

Old
01-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller

rare player pack up, only 650 copies left for 23 hours.. (on PSN)

I expect the market to crash..

Old
01-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Joel Ward
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
rare player pack up, only 650 copies left for 23 hours.. (on PSN)

I expect the market to crash..
I'm waiting for EA to go more than a week without a promo pack to sell/trade the majority of the players I have in my trade pile. I could be wrong but they did do that in October/November-ish didn't they?

I am also guilty of opening 2 packs though. Pulled Myers, Karlsson and Fleury as well as a few others. I think I'll be able to make the pucks back eventually.

Old
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigherCorruption View Post
I'm waiting for EA to go more than a week without a promo pack to sell/trade the majority of the players I have in my trade pile. I could be wrong but they did do that in October/November-ish didn't they?

I am also guilty of opening 2 packs though. Pulled Myers, Karlsson and Fleury as well as a few others. I think I'll be able to make the pucks back eventually.
I just got Boyle for 1.25k and Raymond for 500, so I'm happy

Old
01-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Oil Change

vCash: 50
Just pulled a Hall and a SOTW Purcell in the mega pack. This is the third Hall I've pulled to date, so I'll definitely be selling him. Purcell I might keep because he seems to be going pretty cheap and his stats aren't bad.

So UT Hall is going up for 6 hours 40,000 BIN if anyone's interested.

Old
01-05-2013, 01:33 PM
nerdybeard

Blahhhh got shut out in the amateur finals... 1-0. I was rolling through the first few games, 3-0, 4-1, 5-1. Lehtonen with durationed +5 all is a freakin wall. I still "outplayed" my opponent in the finals, more possession, shots, passing %, I swear his M.Smith was 90+ boosted.

Zetterberg(C)/Kesler(A)/Nash
Couture(90ovr)/Pavelski(A)/Marleau
Vermette/M. Richards/Grabner
Neal/Dubinsky/SOTW Clutterbuck

Phaneuf/Burns
Keith/E.Johnson
Suter/Subban(91ovr)

Lehtonen(92ovr)/Niemi

Overall still liking my top 6 for scoring. I am going to give another run at the playoffs today if they are still up - was out of town during new year's until a couple days ago and didn't have the time to play.

3 stars of my playoff run:
3)Pavelski 3g 2a
2)Nash 3g 3a
1)Lehtonen 3 goals allowed in 4 games..

Old
01-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller

Just got RNH for 6.9k on ps3

Old
01-05-2013, 02:22 PM
nerdybeard

Man those promo packs sold out fast.....

Old
01-05-2013, 02:24 PM
JaredCowenFan
Go Rockets Go

Just picked up an Untouched Teddy Purcell SOTW for $12K.

Anyone interested?

Old
01-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Deku Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by robis1221 View Post
Patrick Sharp
I had Sharp but I sold him, didn't like him.

Anyways I have just over 40K now, and I want to buy a SOTW Okposo - but there are none on the market. If anyone has one on Xbox please PM me! I will buy it off you for about 25K or so... there was one on the market earlier for that price but I didn't have the pucks yet.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Ugly Iisak
Rookie User

Found Havlat 2,6k, yah! 5k now, and i get ~10k of Havlat.. Its 15k so i go sell my Gagne for ~ 15k & get new 3rd line Duchene - Spezza - St. Louis!

Old
01-05-2013, 02:56 PM
JaredCowenFan
Go Rockets Go

Before I die the biggest wish on my Bucket List is to Kill EA Sports and Burn there f***ing building to the f***ing ground.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:01 PM
RussianRocket10

I'm still rolling with a team made up mostly of AHL/CHL/Euro scrubs. I'm really behind everyone it seems. Haven't really played a ton of HUT.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Joel Ward
HFBoards Sponsor

I have UT Erik Karlsson, UT Tyler Myers, UT Marc-Andre Fleury, UT Joe Thornton, Patrick Sharp, Jaroslav Halak, UT David Backes, UT Joe Pavelski, UT James Neal, UT Ryan Suter and SOTW Wolski available for trade on PS3. If anyone is interested send me a PM!

Edit: If anyone wants an Untouched SOTW Morgan Reilly, he's yours for a contract card.

Last edited by Joel Ward: 01-05-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old
01-05-2013, 04:09 PM
JaredCowenFan
Go Rockets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigherCorruption View Post
I have UT Erik Karlsson, UT Tyler Myers, UT Marc-Andre Fleury, UT Joe Thornton, Patrick Sharp, Jaroslav Halak, UT David Backes, UT Joe Pavelski, UT James Neal, UT Ryan Suter and SOTW Wolski available for trade on PS3. If anyone is interested send me a PM!

Edit: If anyone wants an Untouched SOTW Morgan Reilly, he's yours for a contract card.
PM sent.

Old
01-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

asdfg nvm.

Closed Thread