HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nino Niederreiter to the Flyers

Old
01-05-2013, 11:25 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I think you misunderstood. I was saying the guy who though Schenn was way too much to give up for Nino would probably only be offering junk + a 2nd, not that that is what Nino is worth.
i wouldn't say he's worth anything of the sort. I'd probably do something like Scott Laughton + a 1st or something for Nino. Laughton is not junk at all. we have too many centers and not enough wings, and with Giroux, Schenn and Couturier leading down the middle, there unfortunately might not be a place for Laughton. He has the potential to be a very good 2nd or 3rd line 2-way center in the NHL, plus a 1st, while it may be a later 1st is still a good package i think.

Tavares, Strome, Laughton at Center for you guys in the future could be an awesome set up for 3 great lines. But again, i completely understand not wanting to Give up on Nino without it being for an overpayment. i was just, evidently wrongfully, under the impression that maybe the Isles are concerned at Ninos future. Maybe that's a harsh conclusion to jump to after 1 season, but it's worth discussing in my mind.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:44 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

I'd say Nino's value has shot up pretty high with the season he's had so far. The Isles love their power forwards, and I would expect them to give Nino a legit top-6 look before they ever consider dealing him(unless a ridiculous deal comes along for an elite talent).

I think any trade with the Isles would involve a 1st, any D prospect not named Reinhart, and maybe a guy like Brock Nelson(assuming Strome is the 2nd line C favorite and assuming Frans Nielsen is in the team's long term plans). I don't see them parting with any of Niederreiter, Strome or Reinhart.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:48 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I think you misunderstood. I was saying the guy who though Schenn was way too much to give up for Nino would probably only be offering junk + a 2nd, not that that is what Nino is worth.
My bad. I thought you were suggesting a decent player+ 2nd rounder.

The Isles are past the point of stocking picks. Based on Snow's trade history and the comments from Weight, I expect the isles will hold onto Nino, unless getting a young player with similar upside in return.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 01-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.
CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:52 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
i wouldn't say he's worth anything of the sort. I'd probably do something like Scott Laughton + a 1st or something for Nino. Laughton is not junk at all. we have too many centers and not enough wings, and with Giroux, Schenn and Couturier leading down the middle, there unfortunately might not be a place for Laughton. He has the potential to be a very good 2nd or 3rd line 2-way center in the NHL, plus a 1st, while it may be a later 1st is still a good package i think.

Tavares, Strome, Laughton at Center for you guys in the future could be an awesome set up for 3 great lines. But again, i completely understand not wanting to Give up on Nino without it being for an overpayment. i was just, evidently wrongfully, under the impression that maybe the Isles are concerned at Ninos future. Maybe that's a harsh conclusion to jump to after 1 season, but it's worth discussing in my mind.

The isles have a similar problem: a glut of young centers. Isles will have to move a few to the wing. No interest in Laughton or a 1st for Nino.

NYI centers

Tavares
Frans Nielsen
Strome
Brock Nelson
Cizikas
Sundstom
Ullstrom

and the isles would be one of the last teams to trade a recent high lottery pick, for a future draft pick. All that does is push Snow's rebuild back. When will that 2013 pick be contributing? 2-4 yrs?

Old
01-05-2013, 11:54 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
The isles have a similar problem: a glut of young centers. Isles will have to move a few to the wing. No interest in Laughton or a 1st for Nino.

NYI centers

Tavares
Frans Nielsen
Strome
Brock Nelson
Cizikas
Sundstom
Ullstrom

and the isles would be one of the last teams to trade a recent high lottery pick, for a future draft pick. All that does is push Snow's rebuild back. When will that 2013 pick be contributing? 2-4 yrs?
fair enough, i mean i understand your point of view. i was more or less just hoping the isles had soured on him haha.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:03 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Quote:
fair enough, i mean i understand your point of view. i was more or less just hoping the isles had soured on him haha.
The Isles have proven to be very patient with prospects through this rebuild. Even if they "soured" on him, I doubt they would deal him within in the division, specifically to the Flyers, unless MASSIVE overpayment.

Someone's been playing too much NHL 13

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 12:47 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
The Isles have proven to be very patient with prospects through this rebuild. Even if they "soured" on him, I doubt they would deal him within in the division, specifically to the Flyers, unless MASSIVE overpayment.

Someone's been playing too much NHL 13
what if i take someone that's highlighted in red off of your hands for you? that should do it

Old
01-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Sasso09

Quote:

I think laughton was a mistake for Philly, they reached, he's not a 1st round prospect IMO, Laughton +1st (22-28th) pick is not worth nino... Close.. But it's not enough. Flyers should have drafted Maatta

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 02:45 PM
lakai17

Read + Bourdon for depth.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 03:17 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
If I say "yes" can this thread end?

Old
01-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Not enough for Niño IMO

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:20 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Please explain WHY are the nyi with a glut of players, between their young nhlers+ prospects, trading a recent high lottery pick, in a depth trade?

Nino's too old at 20 for their youth movement?

His rookie salary too expensive for Wang?

Old
01-05-2013, 04:23 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
I think laughton was a mistake for Philly, they reached, he's not a 1st round prospect IMO, Laughton +1st (22-28th) pick is not worth nino... Close.. But it's not enough. Flyers should have drafted Maatta
Actually it's not close because imo, Snow shows no wish to trade top youngsters in depth trades.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The Flyers should be looking for a Niedermayer, not a Niederreiter. It would cost a fortune to have the Islanders give him up to the next door Flyers. Those same assets could get you a good young defenseman to build with. The Flyers got what they need up front, they need to put more attention to their defense, and if things don't change - their goaltending as well.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:16 AM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
The Flyers should be looking for a Niedermayer, not a Niederreiter. It would cost a fortune to have the Islanders give him up to the next door Flyers. Those same assets could get you a good young defenseman to build with. The Flyers got what they need up front, they need to put more attention to their defense, and if things don't change - their goaltending as well.
Nah, they'll just outscore everyone 7-5

TheNeutrality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:49 AM
wej20

what odds are Isle fans putting on Nino spending the rest of the year in the AHL?

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:37 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
what odds are Isle fans putting on Nino spending the rest of the year in the AHL?

No idea. We're all just guessing about Nino and Strome. Does Strome get 9 games or the rest of the season? Should Nino be left in the AHL all season?
With Brock Nelson out two more weeks with a broken jaw, they kind of catch a break( I know bad pun). Nelson is better then both defensively and a more physical player then Strome.

These are the forwards who I think are locks for the team. Some fans may disagree about the kids Cizikas and Ullstrom, but based on how solidly they played in their rookie nhl seasons and the fact they they are more experienced then Sundstrom/Perrson, I think Cizikas and Ullstrom would have to **** the bed in camp to be demoted. If Strome or Nino make the team, then one if Cizikas/Ullstrom slides to the 4th line.

Moulson-Tavares-Boyes/KO
Bailey-Nielsen-Boyes/KO
Grabner-Cizikas-Ullstrom
Martin -Reasoner-

Old
01-06-2013, 08:54 AM
wej20

Is the 9 game rule still in effect or does it get reduced due to the season only being 48-52 games? I don't think it would be terrible if Nino started in the NHL, he is Bridgeport's leading scoring after all but if the only spot open is a 4th line wing spot then it would be better for all parties if they put a vet in that spot rather than a prospect. If Nino or Strome make the team on the 3rd line then I'd give them two weeks (which should be 6 games) to stick, if they struggle they get sent back to the AHL or OHL respectively.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:08 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
No idea. We're all just guessing about Nino and Strome. Does Strome get 9 games or the rest of the season? Should Nino be left in the AHL all season?
With Brock Nelson out two more weeks with a broken jaw, they kind of catch a break( I know bad pun). Nelson is better then both defensively and a more physical player then Strome.

These are the forwards who I think are locks for the team. Some fans may disagree about the kids Cizikas and Ullstrom, but based on how solidly they played in their rookie nhl seasons and the fact they they are more experienced then Sundstrom/Perrson, I think Cizikas and Ullstrom would have to **** the bed in camp to be demoted. If Strome or Nino make the team, then one if Cizikas/Ullstrom slides to the 4th line.

Moulson-Tavares-Boyes/KO
Bailey-Nielsen-Boyes/KO
Grabner-Cizikas-Ullstrom
Martin -Reasoner-
I just can't see Cizikas being guaranteed anything above a 4th line role on this team. Maybe I'm just not as high on him as others, but I see his NHL offensive potential very low, especially this year. We would essentially have two 3rd lines, a 3A with Nielsen and a 3B, borderline 4 with Cizikas. Not to mention the Reasoner line.

I suppose if Strome proves to not be ready, Cizikas will get the spot. That said, I wouldn't mind if Sundstrom get's an equal opportunity as well. The thought of Nielsen(even though I love the guy) being this team's 2nd line center and Cizikas being the 3rd line center scares the hell out of me. IMO if that is our lineup come opening night, we should be expecting another bottom 5-10 finish.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:55 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Is the 9 game rule still in effect or does it get reduced due to the season only being 48-52 games? I don't think it would be terrible if Nino started in the NHL, he is Bridgeport's leading scoring after all but if the only spot open is a 4th line wing spot then it would be better for all parties if they put a vet in that spot rather than a prospect. If Nino or Strome make the team on the 3rd line then I'd give them two weeks (which should be 6 games) to stick, if they struggle they get sent back to the AHL or OHL respectively.
The 9-game rule doesn't apply to Nino anymore. His ELC started last year when he remained on the NHL roster. Strome's ELC is still a Slide Risk and from the last I heard, Strome is not on that NHL recall list or whatever it is. He should be staying in Junior the rest of this year. The same for Reinhart.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:57 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I just can't see Cizikas being guaranteed anything above a 4th line role on this team. Maybe I'm just not as high on him as others, but I see his NHL offensive potential very low, especially this year. We would essentially have two 3rd lines, a 3A with Nielsen and a 3B, borderline 4 with Cizikas. Not to mention the Reasoner line.

I suppose if Strome proves to not be ready, Cizikas will get the spot. That said, I wouldn't mind if Sundstrom get's an equal opportunity as well. The thought of Nielsen(even though I love the guy) being this team's 2nd line center and Cizikas being the 3rd line center scares the hell out of me. IMO if that is our lineup come opening night, we should be expecting another bottom 5-10 finish.

I think Cizikas bring enough energy and defensively responsible play, to be fine in that 3rd line spot. I was happy with both Cizikas and Ullstrom after their 2011-2012 callups. I look to them for defensive play, more of a shutdown role, not scoring.

With the isles counting on Strome/Brock Nelson to develop, aren't we waiting to see if one doesn't end up eventually take Nielsen's 2nd line spot, pushing Frans to the 3rd line and Cizikas down to the 4th line? Reasoner is a ufa this summer.

I'm a lot more concerned with the scoring from the Bailey-Nielsen-KO line. Can those three provide consistent secondary scoring? 17 of Bailey's 32 pts came in the last 5-6 weeks of the season. Most of KO's 24 goals came after Jan. 1st.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:08 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
The 9-game rule doesn't apply to Nino anymore. His ELC started last year when he remained on the NHL roster. Strome's ELC is still a Slide Risk and from the last I heard, Strome is not on that NHL recall list or whatever it is. He should be staying in Junior the rest of this year. The same for Reinhart.
Yeah I meant Strome, but if he's not on the recall list then it doesn't matter anyway.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:12 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Yeah I meant Strome, but if he's not on the recall list then it doesn't matter anyway.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Reinhart also for that matter. There is still some confusion if both are on that recall list. I've seen differing reports about that.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:23 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Reinhart also for that matter. There is still some confusion if both are on that recall list. I've seen differing reports about that.
I remember seeing a list that included both of them. From the tweets I've been reading this morning, most of these guys expect Strome and Reinhart to get an invite. Bob McKenzie thinks it is likely, Gallof says the same. Staple said they have not made a decision yet, waiting to know terms of CBA before they decide. He implied that they are at least eligible and on the list, considering there is a decision to be made. I'm assuming if they weren't on the list, there would be no need for a decision.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:26 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
I think Cizikas bring enough energy and defensively responsible play, to be fine in that 3rd line spot. I was happy with both Cizikas and Ullstrom after their 2011-2012 callups. I look to them for defensive play, more of a shutdown role, not scoring.

With the isles counting on Strome/Brock Nelson to develop, aren't we waiting to see if one doesn't end up eventually take Nielsen's 2nd line spot, pushing Frans to the 3rd line and Cizikas down to the 4th line? Reasoner is a ufa this summer.

I'm a lot more concerned with the scoring from the Bailey-Nielsen-KO line. Can those three provide consistent secondary scoring? 17 of Bailey's 32 pts came in the last 5-6 weeks of the season. Most of KO's 24 goals came after Jan. 1st.
I think they'd prefer one of Strome/Nelson impress at camp and play in that 2C, letting Frans slide back into the 3C where he's a better fit. I suppose if neither of them prove to be ready, you will end up seeing Frans as the 2C and one of Cizikas/Sundstrom as the 3C(or even Ullstrom, for that matter).

My gut tells me the Isles are hoping for one of Strome or Brock to be ready though, considering their need for secondary scoring. I don't think they will give them a roster spot for the sake of it though, IMO they will have to earn it. Rightfully so.