HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan Malone if cap drops to 60 million.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:39 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Ryan Malone if cap drops to 60 million.

Looking at capgeek the tampa bay lighting have over 58 million commited to 15 players for 2013-14.
The owners want the cap at 60 million players 65 if the owners get what they want which I don't think they will I think the cap ends up 63.5 but if it were 60 the lighting have 15 players signed about 2.4 million in space for 2013-14.

So if the cap is 60 million would tampa bay move a player like malone and if so what would they want?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Looking at capgeek the tampa bay lighting have over 58 million commited to 15 players for 2013-14.
The owners want the cap at 60 million players 65 if the owners get what they want which I don't think they will I think the cap ends up 63.5 but if it were 60 the lighting have 15 players signed about 2.4 million in space for 2013-14.

So if the cap is 60 million would tampa bay move a player like malone and if so what would they want?
We will be under. Depending on how the CBA is written for injured players. Ohlund's cap hit is 3.6 Million, if it doesn't apply to the cap due to LTIR we are golden. If it does, then again I believe Ohlund would be the buyout to put us under anyway.

Bugsy is loved in Tampa, he loves Tampa, his dad works for the team too. He is a lock for 20 goals and trading or buying him out makes no sense to us. Would require a big over payment on any teams side for us to let him go.

Yzlamic Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 01:42 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
We will be under. Depending on how the CBA is written for injured players. Ohlund's cap hit is 3.6 Million, if it doesn't apply to the cap due to LTIR we are golden. If it does, then again I believe Ohlund would be the buyout to put us under anyway.

Bugsy is loved in Tampa, he loves Tampa, his dad works for the team too. He is a lock for 20 goals and trading or buying him out makes no sense to us. Would require a big over payment on any teams side for us to let him go.

does buying him out really help? then you'd have 6 million in cap but only 14 players. maybe if they did a lombardi type deal with ohlund. I'm sure if you attached a 2nd rounder to ohlund there would be takers

Old
01-05-2013, 02:12 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
there looks to be about 14 teams that could be in a tight spot if the cap drops to 60mill

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 02:13 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Malone for Kennedy + choice of Lovejoy/Strait/Bortuzzo/Sneep

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 02:34 PM
KingCanadain1976

Doesn't he have a no trade contract? I belive he refused a trade to the kings a year or two ago. I think the only place he might wave to go is pitts.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 03:10 PM
HeavyHammer
Go Bolts!

As others have pointed out, Malone probably won't be traded (Tampa wont have cap problems, and he has a NTC).

If we were to trade him though, I would want it based around some package involving a good 3rd line center coming to Tampa. (Think Brandon Sutter from Pittsburgh [I know they won't trade him, but that's a starting point]).

HeavyHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Ho Borvat

Probably something similar to the David Booth trade?

Comparable production players with expiring deals (Samuelsson moreso than Sturm)

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 06:11 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

I am slightly weirded out by everyone everywhere wanting Sutter all of a sudden. Was he this in demand when he was a Cane?

Besides, I understand the OP to mean, Tampa would be trading Malone to make cap room, for which Pittsburgh is not a good trading partner.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
I am slightly weirded out by everyone everywhere wanting Sutter all of a sudden. Was he this in demand when he was a Cane?

Besides, I understand the OP to mean, Tampa would be trading Malone to make cap room, for which Pittsburgh is not a good trading partner.
Probably just the spotlight of going as the main piece for Staal, and Pittsburgh is a bigger market than Carolina, and that Carolina fans deemed him untouchable without an insane offer.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post

He was underrated there, he's a great hockey player, one of the best 3rd line centers in the league IMO (having seen him many times play against Tampa)

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 07:18 PM
"Craigs on it"

I would imagine the 15 teams would be interested in him

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 07:20 PM
IdealisticSniper

LOL another "Can Toronto please have Malone but we wont give anything up for him because he sucks and you cant afford him anyways" thread.

Sweet.

There is zero reason for him to go anywhere. And he doesnt want to go anywhere. And thats the important part.

Tampa will have no cap problems if it drops to 60M, let alone anything higher than that.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Woll Smoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
LOL another "Can Toronto please have Malone but we wont give anything up for him because he sucks and you cant afford him anyways" thread.

Sweet.

There is zero reason for him to go anywhere. And he doesnt want to go anywhere. And thats the important part.

Tampa will have no cap problems if it drops to 60M, let alone anything higher than that.
Blacker + Devane + a 4th

I really got that same feeling (as bolded) when I realized the thread wasn't started by a TB fan.

Woll Smoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:

Sweet.

Hey, I swear I've heard something similar somewhere else.

Shame, we have nothing to offer Tampa. Malone would be a nice addition we make horrible trading partners.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 08:08 PM
DJN21

as a buffalo fan id love to have him though idk where he'd fit in the short of long term...just the kinda guy we need though...honestly not sure what Tampa's needs even are they have young goalies, forwards and defense...youd have to imagine youd want a 'right now' player who was young and controllable...???

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 08:20 PM
"Craigs on it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
as a buffalo fan id love to have him though idk where he'd fit in the short of long term...just the kinda guy we need though...honestly not sure what Tampa's needs even are they have young goalies, forwards and defense...youd have to imagine youd want a 'right now' player who was young and controllable...???
I would think something around Leopold would have made sence if he still had term left, with Buffalo adding.

I really dont see a reason for TB to move Malone though, he is a great player for them.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 08:26 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:

Sweet.

might want to read the OP again. At no point are the Leafs mentioned. Truth is he's 33 body is starting to break down don't really think he's a fit here but on other teams absolutely

Old
01-05-2013, 08:28 PM
TOGuy14

As a Leaf fan I definitely do not want Malone at $4.5 if the cap drops that much.

We can't afford to be giving role players big deals, that is what has been wrong with our cap structure to date (held up by too much money for Lombardi, Connolly, Komi, and previously Armstrong)

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:05 PM
DJN21

isnt Malone cap hit going down every year here out as low as like 2 mill? any team who wouldnt want what he brings for that price is nuts

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:15 PM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woll Smoth View Post
Blacker + Devane + a 4th

I really got that same feeling (as bolded) when I realized the thread wasn't started by a TB fan.

hell no, devane will be a beast!!!!!

IBLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Black Label

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
isnt Malone cap hit going down every year here out as low as like 2 mill? any team who wouldnt want what he brings for that price is nuts
Cap hit doesn't go down, salary does.

Black Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:52 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
there looks to be about 14 teams that could be in a tight spot if the cap drops to 60mill
Including...... wait for it... none other than the Leafs, who the OP seems to be suggesting a deal with.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Richiebottles
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
If the Habs would have cap space I would love to get him on the roster. Doubt we can clear that much cap space though.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:38 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Including...... wait for it... none other than the Leafs, who the OP seems to be suggesting a deal with.
wrong we are in a solid position but again i never mentioned toronto