HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Desharnais

Old
01-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
I can guarantee you the Hawks fans wouldn't be too pleased to have a 2nd line center who scored 60 points in a division close to AHL level.
Especially for the return you are asking for.
Is Jonathan Cheechoo ringing a bell here ?
You do know the Bruins won a Cup two years ago, right? That is not quite an "AHL" type of team and I do believe they play in our division...

I am curious as to what we are supposedly asking for that is so extreme?

Yes, Desharnais MIGHT end up like Cheechoo. He might end up like St. Louis, as well. If you are trading for Desharnais, you will have to pay a fair price for a guy who just posted 60 points. If that is too high, then go elsewhere. Truth be told, without an incredibly fair offer, Montreal is best served keeping the center that Pacioretty and Cole have great chemistry with. As I said earlier, why should we trade away a great heart and soul player who produces points and has great chemistry with his two line mates? We shouldn't, unless the offer "wows" us or meets a greater need.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 09:09 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahleezer View Post
Cole had his best goal scoring output of his career and he's played with Eric Stall.

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Bashing ? Some of you are just incredible.

I can't recall I've typed the word "size" just once. His size is definitely not a big +, that's for sure, yes. Is this allowed, can I say this ?

Some posts ago somebody said he wouldnt be surprised when our David would turn out to be a Mike Richards kind of player. Now its St.Louis. Of course let's all forget that its a rarity to see a player like Martin St.Louis. That's not relevant at all. He's small and so is Desharnais.

Richards and St.Louis...all in one. Stunning.
ok maybe I used the wrong word, sometime i'm too direct and i apologize.

all I want to say here is let's give desharnais another season before we trade a possible diamond for garbage, I mean he had a great first season and he deserve a chance to proove that he can be constant season after season.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Bashing ? Some of you are just incredible.

I can't recall I've typed the word "size" just once. His size is definitely not a big +, that's for sure, yes. Is this allowed, can I say this ?

Some posts ago somebody said he wouldnt be surprised when our David would turn out to be a Mike Richards kind of player. Now its St.Louis. Of course let's all forget that its a rarity to see a player like Martin St.Louis. That's not relevant at all. He's small and so is Desharnais.

Richards and St.Louis...all in one. Stunning.
Yes, you did ignorantly bash DD, especially when you tried to compare him to some useless player like Derek Armstrong.

I like how you keep acting like you have been mischaracterized. You were the one who blithely stated that no serious contending team would want Desharnais on their second line at center. You have not offered any reasons for this, no statistics, nothing that you have seen wrong in Desharnais' game, nothing remotely relevant to a hockey discussion. All you do is say he is not good enough for a contending team and then complain when people defend Desharnais from your ignorant commentary.

Why is Desharnais not good enough to be the 2nd line center on a contending team? What is wrong with his game, with his point production at every single level he has played? What statistics support your claim that he is not a good second line center on a contending team? What do you have to offer to a hockey discussion about this particular player?

The answer is "nothing". By the way, nobody has said that Desharnais IS as good as Richards or St. Louis. However, it has been stated that he has the potential to reach those players' type of heights (pun intended). What can you offer to refute that claim?

Wait for it...

Oh, right...

Nothing!

Unless saying "it's a rarity to see a player like St. Louis" is the only claim you can make.

I have a better one for you:

Go and look at Richards' 1st season (79 games, 34 points), St. Louis' 1st season (78 games, 40 points), Giroux' 1st season (82 games, 47 points) and compare them to Desharnais' first full season in the NHL (81 games, 60 points). The funny thing is that you fail to realize that Desharnais did this on what was a weak team going through immense struggles and management transitions, severe injuries, and reduced to a single effective offensive line that was targeted by other teams' best shutdown lines!

Am I saying that Desharnais is better than Richards, St. Louis, or Giroux? Of course not. Am I saying that he has shown that he has played comparably in his first full season as they all did? Yup. Will he be as good as any of those three? I have no clue. The possibility of it, though, makes it worth keeping him unless a trade offer of significant value arises.

Would he be a valued member of a playoff contending team's top 6? We will see next season...

Old
01-04-2013, 09:22 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
do you really want to see Desharnais have success with the Leafs ?
Value wise it is fair. But no he better no go to the Leafs.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2013, 09:29 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
I can guarantee you the Hawks fans wouldn't be too pleased to have a 2nd line center who scored 60 points in a division close to AHL level.
AHL level?

Boston Bruins: 2nd in Eastern Conference, Stanley Cup in 2011
Ottawa Senators: 8th in Eastern Conference
Buffalo Sabres: 9th in Eastern Conference
Toronto Maple leafs: 13th in eastern Conference
Montreal Canadiens: 15th in eastern Conference

The Northeast is arguably the 3rd toughest division in the NHL. Northwest and Southeast are worse and the Northeast is probably on par with the Pacific.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Huh? Talk about grasping at straws. You're just cherry picking. Desharnais plays in the NHL and you're talking as if he only plays against the NE division(which is fairly decent). Your post could use some intelligence in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
AHL level?

The Northeast is arguably the 3rd toughest division in the NHL. Northwest and Southeast are worse and the Northeast is probably on par with the Pacific.
Not to mention you musn't even include Montreal as they don't play against themselves. It's also easy to forget they almost eliminated the cup champs a year ago and went to the ECF two years ago.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 05:38 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Yes, you did ignorantly bash DD, especially when you tried to compare him to some useless player like Derek Armstrong.

I like how you keep acting like you have been mischaracterized. You were the one who blithely stated that no serious contending team would want Desharnais on their second line at center. You have not offered any reasons for this, no statistics, nothing that you have seen wrong in Desharnais' game, nothing remotely relevant to a hockey discussion. All you do is say he is not good enough for a contending team and then complain when people defend Desharnais from your ignorant commentary.

Why is Desharnais not good enough to be the 2nd line center on a contending team? What is wrong with his game, with his point production at every single level he has played? What statistics support your claim that he is not a good second line center on a contending team? What do you have to offer to a hockey discussion about this particular player?

The answer is "nothing". By the way, nobody has said that Desharnais IS as good as Richards or St. Louis. However, it has been stated that he has the potential to reach those players' type of heights (pun intended). What can you offer to refute that claim?

Wait for it...

Oh, right...

Nothing!

Unless saying "it's a rarity to see a player like St. Louis" is the only claim you can make.

I have a better one for you:

Go and look at Richards' 1st season (79 games, 34 points), St. Louis' 1st season (78 games, 40 points), Giroux' 1st season (82 games, 47 points) and compare them to Desharnais' first full season in the NHL (81 games, 60 points). The funny thing is that you fail to realize that Desharnais did this on what was a weak team going through immense struggles and management transitions, severe injuries, and reduced to a single effective offensive line that was targeted by other teams' best shutdown lines!

Am I saying that Desharnais is better than Richards, St. Louis, or Giroux? Of course not. Am I saying that he has shown that he has played comparably in his first full season as they all did? Yup. Will he be as good as any of those three? I have no clue. The possibility of it, though, makes it worth keeping him unless a trade offer of significant value arises.

Would he be a valued member of a playoff contending team's top 6? We will see next season...
The part about D. Armstrong you didnt understand. The thought behind it and what I said about it. Nothing, nothing at all. You have probably never seen him play, not that you have missed anything though.

I have nothing against Desharnais. I think he's a journeyman who was in the right circumstances last season. Not a real special player. Small, no exceptional defensive game, not enough goal scoring ability. Less ice-time will decrease his numbers as well. Yes, no playoff team with serious intentions would prefer him on the 2nd line.

You say anything to make a point. You come up with the fact he has scored on every level of hockey, yeah like we havent seen that before with others. This is the NHL. You even have the nerve to say St.Louis if we talk about David Desharnais, just because they are both small. Than I dont say that you think he's just as good...

Why do you even come up with names like St.Louis, Giroux ?
Its painfully obvious I'm talking with a homer. You are not interested in what I think about him, I have hurt your feelings. That's the problem.

Last edited by Frolov 6'3: 01-05-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:15 AM
sharks9

Quote:
The part about D. Armstrong you didnt understand. The thought behind it and what I said about it. Nothing, nothing at all. You have probably never seen him play, not that you have missed anything though.

I have nothing against Desharnais. I think he's a journeyman who was in the right circumstances last season. Not a real special player. Small, no exceptional defensive game, not enough goal scoring ability. Less ice-time will decrease his numbers as well. Yes, no playoff team with serious intentions would prefer him on the 2nd line.

You say anything to make a point. You come up with the fact he has scored on every level of hockey, yeah like we havent seen that before with others. This is the NHL. You even have the nerve to say St.Louis if we talk about David Desharnais, just because they are both small. Than I dont say that you think he's just as good...

Its painfully obvious I'm talking with a homer. You are not interested in what I think about him, I have hurt your feelings. That's the problem.
Wow, it's painfully obvious that you've never watched DD play.

Less points with ice-time? Obviously, that's the same for every player in the league.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if DD is 6'0 then it wouldn't even be questionable that he's a #2 center on a cup contender.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Wow, it's painfully obvious that you've never watched DD play.

Less points with ice-time? Obviously, that's the same for every player in the league.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if DD is 6'0 then it wouldn't even be questionable that he's a #2 center on a cup contender.
I'm surprised it took 59 posts before somebody said that it was obvious that I've never watched him play. You are the winner of that award. Congrats.

I wished that was the case. I'm fed up with all those games from the East on the television over here instead of the Kings or any other Western team. The internet is not the same. Those 20 playoff games were a joy to watch.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Alec Martinez was 6'5 then it wouldn't even be questionable that he's a second pairing defenseman on a cup contender.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:00 PM
capitalsrock

Desharnais for Okposo?

NYI could use a 2nd line center if their prospects don't work out.

MTL could use a tough young power forward for their top 6 who plays gritty.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
AHL level?

Yes, you got your keywords "Eastern Conference"
Boston is at least a lower level NHL team.
Ottawa and Buffalo are just lucky to have teams like Winipeg, Flroda, Atlanta, New Jersey, Washington, Tampa running around handling points out to anyone who wants it.
And yeah... Toronto and Montreal. I really feel bad for these loyal and fanatic fan bases. They would really deserve an NHL team.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Huh? Talk about grasping at straws. You're just cherry picking. Desharnais plays in the NHL and you're talking as if he only plays against the NE division(which is fairly decent). Your post could use some intelligence in it.

Not to mention you musn't even include Montreal as they don't play against themselves. It's also easy to forget they almost eliminated the cup champs a year ago and went to the ECF two years ago.
Congratulation, i love "almost" teams. We have 20 of them in the NHL.
If you don't see my point please feel free to enjoy and almost NHL team who almost won something or have almost a usefull farm system.
Please let me know when they introduce
the "Canadian" trophy for most almost wins,
the "Maple Leaf" trophy for most almost successfull NHL seasons.
the "Phoenix" trophy for almost having fans
the "Rangers" trophy for most expensive players with almost success

so. how many realy shiny trophys did you collect over the last 10 years or so ???
None ??? thank you

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
If you don't see my point please feel free to enjoy and almost NHL team who almost won something or have almost a usefull farm system.

so. how many realy shiny trophys did you collect over the last 10 years or so ???
None ??? thank you
LOL.

Your team was an "almost" team for most of its 45 years of existence. The Kings sneak into the playoffs and go on a lucky run to win the Cup for the first time ever, and suddenly a few ignorant Kings fans come to life to trash other teams. You did know that the Habs have made the playoffs more often in the last decade than your Kings, right? We didn't qualify 3 times since 2001-2002. The Mighty Kings? They didn't qualify 6 times in the last decade. Your team has not finished higher than 3rd in their division since the 99-2000 season. Your team has been the one that most other teams have enjoyed taking points from in the West for more than a decade. I can see why you want to try and act like your team is terrific, finally winning one Stanley Cup must be making your head swell. Enjoy your one Cup. Maybe this season coming your team can finally place higher than 3rd in the Pacific Division...

I love how you ask how many shiny trophies we have won in the last decade since your team finally won it's first. It took your team 45 years to win a single shiny trophy. That is 10% of the number of shiny trophies our team has won in that same 45 year span. I love kids like you who see their garbage for decades team finally do something good and immediately think it means they should be allowed to trash other teams that have been better for decades. The Habs have been to the playoffs twice as many times in the last decade as the Kings. I am happy you guys finally won a shiny trophy. I was actually rooting for them to win it. Meeting people like you online, though, will definitely change the team I root for when, 45 years from now, your team has a chance to win another shiny trophy.

As far as Desharnais goes, he would have been #2 on your team in point production last year. Try to keep that in mind for future reference.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
I'm surprised it took 59 posts before somebody said that it was obvious that I've never watched him play. You are the winner of that award. Congrats.

I wished that was the case. I'm fed up with all those games from the East on the television over here instead of the Kings or any other Western team. The internet is not the same. Those 20 playoff games were a joy to watch.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if Alec Martinez was 6'5 then it wouldn't even be questionable that he's a second pairing defenseman on a cup contender.
Obviously you are just trolling because not only do the Kings have two top centres locked up for the next few years but they also have Loktionov in the shadows.

They are better places to vent then here, places I'd prefer you to vent then here, anyways.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 02:26 PM
glenbuis

Quote:

None ??? thank you
Wow , the transformation of a kings fan. Going from not knowing what an off-side is to an Eastern conference critic. At least Bruin Fans showed some class with their win. What was it , 2or 4 pts and you wouldn't have even made the playoffs. Your lucky the Bruins weren't still around because they were one of the teams from the east that would have matched you player for player. Show some class.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:

Wrong. I understand you were trying to say that the Kings have had "heart and soul" type players who didn't do much for them. It was perfectly clear. It was also a pathetic comparison to Desharnais. That is the part YOU clearly didn't understand. The difference between a "heart and soul" plug like Armstrong and a "heart and soul" point producer like Desharnais is that Desharnais produces points. Unlike the plug you want to compare Desharnais to.

I love the wisdom of your "less icetime will decrease his numbers" comment. Brilliant observation. It is true for every single NHL player, though. Care to elaborate on what you meant? No need, it is obvious that you were simply reaching for any strawman argument to try and uphold a position founded in fantasy without any basis in reality. You do know that DD had slightly less TOI than Richards, but had significantly more points, and a much better takeaway vs giveaway ratio? Richards is much better defensively, and far more physical, but DD blocked more shots and was far more offensive in his role. So, yes, it is fair to compare DD to Richards. Heck, compare Richards' first full NHL season to DD's and DD still comes out ahead. Richards is the better player right now. However, that does not mean DD will not get better over time. This was DD's 1st full NHL season. He only spent half of it on the Cole/Pacioretty line. Let's see what happens when he gets a full season with those guys.

Again, I come up with names like St. Louis, Giroux, and Richards because they are similar players to DD in regards to point production, size, and overall style of play. Richards is far more physical, but he is a heart and soul type of little guy, as are Giroux, St. Louis, and DD. It is called a "comparison" because the players are similar in many ways. I have not stated that DD is as good as, or better than, any of the guys I am comparing him to. I have stated that he compares favourably to them based on what he did in his first full NHL season.

Lol. No, you have not hurt my feelings, you have annoyed me by making an asinine statement without anything to back it up. You have offered nothing to support your obviously uninformed opinion about why DD would not be able to play on the second line of any team in serious playoff contention. I would truly like to hear you try and explain what it is that DD lacks, why he could not play on any serious team contending for the Cup as a second line center. I doubt you will even try, but I hope you do.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Wrong. I understand you were trying to say that the Kings have had "heart and soul" type players who didn't do much for them. It was perfectly clear. It was also a pathetic comparison to Desharnais. That is the part YOU clearly didn't understand. The difference between a "heart and soul" plug like Armstrong and a "heart and soul" point producer like Desharnais is that Desharnais produces points. Unlike the plug you want to compare Desharnais to.

I love the wisdom of your "less icetime will decrease his numbers" comment. Brilliant observation. It is true for every single NHL player, though. Care to elaborate on what you meant? No need, it is obvious that you were simply reaching for any strawman argument to try and uphold a position founded in fantasy without any basis in reality. You do know that DD had slightly less TOI than Richards, but had significantly more points, and a much better takeaway vs giveaway ratio? Richards is much better defensively, and far more physical, but DD blocked more shots and was far more offensive in his role. So, yes, it is fair to compare DD to Richards. Heck, compare Richards' first full NHL season to DD's and DD still comes out ahead. Richards is the better player right now. However, that does not mean DD will not get better over time. This was DD's 1st full NHL season. He only spent half of it on the Cole/Pacioretty line. Let's see what happens when he gets a full season with those guys.

Again, I come up with names like St. Louis, Giroux, and Richards because they are similar players to DD in regards to point production, size, and overall style of play. Richards is far more physical, but he is a heart and soul type of little guy, as are Giroux, St. Louis, and DD. It is called a "comparison" because the players are similar in many ways. I have not stated that DD is as good as, or better than, any of the guys I am comparing him to. I have stated that he compares favourably to them based on what he did in his first full NHL season.

Lol. No, you have not hurt my feelings, you have annoyed me by making an asinine statement without anything to back it up. You have offered nothing to support your obviously uninformed opinion about why DD would not be able to play on the second line of any team in serious playoff contention. I would truly like to hear you try and explain what it is that DD lacks, why he could not play on any serious team contending for the Cup as a second line center. I doubt you will even try, but I hope you do.
I've explained myself a bit already. You just dont want to read it. Now you ask me again. He's not a goal scorer, so always have to rely on his linemates. Pretty high SH%, and that with just 16 goals. When his linemates dont produce, he wont produce. Good passer, but not great. He received enough ice-time to succeed last season. That will change on a contender. You can laugh about this, but I cant help that. You constantly come up with his 60 points but when I say that will change as 2nd line center than its suddenly a stupid observation. Teams prefer physical 2nd line centers anyway, ones with great offensive skill, centers with close to elite two-way play or a mix from these three. His size might not be a factor but its definitely not an advantage. Another thing, he sure didnt led montreal to an incredible season. He will be a constant 15-20 goal - 40-45 assists player when he gets close to 20 minutes of ice-time and PP time. Nice but not good enough because he doesnt bring much else to the table. Not a force in the face-off circle either. Just a nice player to have on a weak team.

That plug Armstrong also produced when he played with fine linemates. He played there because the team sucked and everybody was injured. That's what I tried to explain. How a solid player can play much better than he actually is but eventually you will finish dead last or close to that.

Last edited by Frolov 6'3: 01-05-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old
01-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Chacal667

what's so hard to understand ? desharnais had his first season, he won a spot on the first line by working hard and he got a lot of succes there, how many players got 60 pts at their first season ?

Desharnais certainly deserve another season to proove that he can repeat what he did and if he can do exactly the same, not better just another 60 pts, it would mean that he is a very good player.

I don't know where Frolov6'3 got that desharnais was bad defensively cuz he's +10 on a team that is -87 and he said that desharnais has not enough goal scoring ability ? but he's our best shootout player.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
I've explained myself a bit already. You just dont want to read it. Now you ask me again. He's not a goal scorer, so always have to rely on his linemates. Pretty high SH%, and that with just 16 goals. When his linemates dont produce, he wont produce. Good passer, but not great. He received enough ice-time to succeed last season. That will change on a contender. You can laugh about this, but I cant help that. You constantly come up with his 60 points but when I say that will change as 2nd line center than its suddenly a stupid observation. Teams prefer physical 2nd line centers anyway, ones with great offensive skill, centers with close to elite two-way play or a mix from these three. His size might not be a factor but its definitely not an advantage. Another thing, he sure didnt led montreal to an incredible season. He will be a constant 15-20 goal - 40-45 assists player when he gets close to 20 minutes of ice-time and PP time. Nice but not good enough because he doesnt bring much else to the table. Not a force in the face-off circle either. Just a nice player to have on a weak team.

That plug Armstrong also produced when he played with fine linemates. He played there because the team sucked and everybody was injured. That's what I tried to explain. How a solid player can play much better than he actually is but eventually you will finish dead last or close to that.
ok and because you think hes just a lucky guy that had 60 pts in his first season, it mean we should just trade him for anything ? lol comon

Old
01-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
what's so hard to understand ? desharnais had his first season, he won a spot on the first line by working hard and he got a lot of succes there, how many players got 60 pts at their first season ?

Desharnais certainly deserve another season to proove that he can repeat what he did and if he can do exactly the same, not better just another 60 pts, it would mean that he is a very good player.

I don't know where Frolov6'3 got that desharnais was bad defensively cuz he's +10 on a team that is -87 and he said that desharnais has not enough goal scoring ability ? but he's our best shootout player.
That's what I said from the beginning, so what exactly is the problem. I'm sure he will have another season like that, WITH the Canadiens in a similar situation.

Old
01-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
That's what I said from the beginning, so what exactly is the problem. I'm sure he will have another season like that, WITH the Canadiens in a similar situation.
when you say WITH the canadiens, the only thing u mean is we have a bad team and that's why he got a chance, but if you look at the stats our players had for the last decade and the season that we made the playoff and the one that we goes to the conference final, if you keep the stats that desharnais got in his first season, he would be our best scorer in most of those seasons.

Old
01-05-2013, 04:21 PM
inthewings

People are getting really defensive here. A few points on Desharnais:

- He led the team in on-ice shooting% (10.39), which suggests that his assist totals were on the lucky side.
- He led all forwards on the team in offensive zone start %.
- He led all forwards in PP time/game (3:18), actually ranking 12th among NHL centers.
- He's entering his age-27 season.

He's a nice player, but he was given extraordinary opportunity in Montreal last year. There's a good chance he never again gets the offensive minutes he received last year.

inthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Chacal667

we will see next season but now he is not for sale. Especially cuz a lot of u r septic and I will never get an interesting offer.

Old
01-05-2013, 04:45 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Yes, you got your keywords "Eastern Conference"
Boston is at least a lower level NHL team.
Ottawa and Buffalo are just lucky to have teams like Winipeg, Flroda, Atlanta, New Jersey, Washington, Tampa running around handling points out to anyone who wants it.
And yeah... Toronto and Montreal. I really feel bad for these loyal and fanatic fan bases. They would really deserve an NHL team.
Credibility lost.

And the Stanley Cup finalists are handing out points? Florida was 3rd in the East and Washington is a very good team. Who are they handing points out too?