HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout Discussion Thread 5.0: The Lockout is over!!

Old
01-05-2013, 06:09 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Josh Gorges = Junior Executive Brown Nosing Parrot Head
Gionta = Disappointment
Prust = Buyout w/ Gomez
Cole = Hypocritical Jerk

Subban = Youngest and Most Sense
Eller = Level Headed
This basically translates to "The union guys don't agree with my non-union mentality! boohoo they're big stupid heads!"

The river of tears continues to flow.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 06:15 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
In what world is the NHLPA *CAUSING* the lockout?

Only in hfboards is there such a prevalent anti-NHLPA mentality, whereas everyone in the news, from other leagues, even former executives are blaming the NHL for LOCKING OUT THE PLAYERS.

Prove it.

Oh my.......enough blame to go around but the players and their thread counts and towel quality has gotten the best of me. LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Can you guys trade subban please, The guy is amazing on sportsnet and as a player.

ty

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 06:37 PM
HCH

If the players read the comments posted by readers on the TSN website they would find support for their cause lacking. It isn't just the hfboards that are tired of the players

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 06:37 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post

Oh my.......enough blame to go around but the players and their thread counts and towel quality has gotten the best of me. LOL
And there is the green eyed monster, nothing but bitter jealousy here folks.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
This basically translates to "The union guys don't agree with my non-union mentality! boohoo they're big stupid heads!"

The river of tears continues to flow.
I think peoples are exaggerating their statements, losing tons of respect for theses players seems completely overblown. Then again, I can understand where peoples thinking like that are coming from. It isn't because they don't share the same opinion with the players, it's how the players have stated theirs. There is always ways to act and tell your opinion that make anybody thinking that you're a smart and educated person who talk like he is informed on the subject. Certain Habs players at some time didn't look like that at all. Some fans just think that some players made fools of themselves and at some degree I agree.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
If the players read the comments posted by readers on the TSN website they would find support for their cause lacking. It isn't just the hfboards that are tired of the players
Down here in America, it's a pretty well-established trend that the people who post most on internet news stories are the people with the least applicable knowledge to any given story.

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post
Down here in America, it's a pretty well-established trend that the people who post most on internet news stories are the people with the least applicable knowledge to any given story.
They are still the fans that pay for the product as uninformed they are, so if they are tired of paying... and I truly hope so.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:21 PM
DAChampion

The same posters who laud Josh Gorges, Brian Gionta, Erik Cole, etc for their "character" during the regular season are now bashing them for having character in CBA negotiations.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Some of you are total hypocrites. I bet that a lot of posters who praised Roman Hamrlik for wanting to give in also criticized him for being "soft" when he was in Montreal.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 07:23 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I think peoples are exaggerating their statements, losing tons of respect for theses players seems completely overblown. Then again, I can understand where peoples thinking like that are coming from. It isn't because they don't share the same opinion with the players, it's how the players have stated theirs. There is always ways to act and tell your opinion that make anybody thinking that you're a smart and educated person who talk like he is informed on the subject. Certain Habs players at some time didn't look like that at all. Some fans just think that some players made fools of themselves and at some degree I agree.
Seems like that opinion is prevalent on these forums which makes me laugh. Next time you are discussing hockey just tell them you "post on hfboards" and that ball of shame in your stomach will let you know why I find it amusing.

Posters on these forums are about as well informed as Eklund, no one here has any right to criticise the players on their opinions when they don't know the situtation in the slightest.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:35 PM
HabsByTheBay

I wish I had Don Fehr negotiating my employment rights.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 07:54 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
The same posters who laud Josh Gorges, Brian Gionta, Erik Cole, etc for their "character" during the regular season are now bashing them for having character in CBA negotiations.

Some of you are total hypocrites. I bet that a lot of posters who praised Roman Hamrlik for wanting to give in also criticized him for being "soft" when he was in Montreal.
Completely agreed.

Gorges, Cole, Gionta are simply being consistent, they are ultimate team players (playing with the Habs or sticking with their NHLPA comrades) and deserve praise for it.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Name your price.
I'm going to be daring here and go all in on a friendly wager.

I just don't think they get it done.

Last edited by Jigger77: 01-05-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
And there is the green eyed monster, nothing but bitter jealousy here folks.
Seriously get off the high horse and stop telling people how they should feel. Fans have absolutely every right to feel pissed at those comments. Doesn't bother you? Fine. Doesn't mean it doesn't bother other people. Who are you the moral authority on everything or something? You're on a hockey forum during day 112 of a stupid lockout caused by rich people's inability to share Billions of dollars and you don't think we have a right to get angry about their whiny comments? Jeebus. Get real.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Forsead

Quote:

Again like I said people criticizing the players often have nothing against their opinion, but how they communicate it. (An exemple is that some players when stating their opinion use a frustated voice and doesn't seem as well informed then us when using incorrect numbers).

The peoples saying Hamrlik for being soft just don't know what they're talking about anyway.

Quote:
Seems like that opinion is prevalent on these forums which makes me laugh. Next time you are discussing hockey just tell them you "post on hfboards" and that ball of shame in your stomach will let you know why I find it amusing.

Posters on these forums are about as well informed as Eklund, no one here has any right to criticise the players on their opinions when they don't know the situtation in the slightest.
I'm not even sure what do you mean.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:03 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Seriously get off the high horse and stop telling people how they should feel. Fans have absolutely every right to feel pissed at those comments. Doesn't bother you? Fine. Doesn't mean it doesn't bother other people. Who are you the moral authority on everything or something? You're on a hockey forum during day 112 of a stupid lockout caused by rich people's inability to share Billions of dollars and you don't think we have a right to get angry about their whiny comments? Jeebus. Get real.
Oh no you don't get to watch your precious hockey game, what will the world come to? This is their lives/careers that they are negotiating about, what do you think they owe you that gives you any say in their decisions?

I see a lot of envy and jealousy and petty name calling from the peanut gallery that has an inflated sense of importance. You are a hockey fan, that is where the connection ends, you have no grounds to insult or tell them what is morally right or wrong regarding their negotiations.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:19 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
I bet that a lot of posters who praised Roman Hamrlik for wanting to give in also criticized him for being "soft" when he was in Montreal.
I hated Hamrlik from the moment he was signed until the moment he left Montreal. I hated him when he was atrocious in Washington. I hated him and his antics during this lockout and I'll probably hate him if he ever laces up the skates again (which I hope he doesn't, because I hate him).

I doubt I've ever called him soft but he was decidedly non-physical as a player.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Oh no you don't get to watch your precious hockey game, what will the world come to? This is their lives/careers that they are negotiating about, what do you think they owe you that gives you any say in their decisions?

I see a lot of envy and jealousy and petty name calling from the peanut gallery that has an inflated sense of importance. You are a hockey fan, that is where the connection ends, you have no grounds to insult or tell them what is morally right or wrong regarding their negotiations.
Wow. You are really something else. I have no ground for insulting the poor millionaires but you have all the right to insult people because of how they feel? These aren't facts that you're debating. You're telling people they shouldn't feel how they feel about comments that are just not necessary and don't help negotiations one bit. I have to say, the inflated sense of importance thing is really rich. Pretty much exactly what I think when I read your posts. I find their comments insulting, live with it.

Last edited by Jigger77: 01-05-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old
01-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:

character on the ice and spouting off comments that arent reality are two separate things.

Gionta and Gorges show character on the ice through their play.

Gionta and Gorges also show lack of logic or are uniformed, or possibly letting their emotions cloud their comments when expressing their thoughts about the CBA.

They are two separate things. It doesnt make someone hypocritical if they can see both.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:30 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Towels?

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
character on the ice and spouting off comments that arent reality are two separate things.

Gionta and Gorges also show lack of logic or are uniformed, or possibly letting their emotions cloud their comments when expressing their thoughts about the CBA.

They are two separate things. It doesnt make someone hypocritical if they can see both.
So you're saying that they are misinformed despite going to meetings or are in constant contact by phone/emails/sms with the NHLPA and you, you know more than them?

I don't think everything in the negotiations are made public, so they probably know better than us and the media.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:56 AM
Sam Slick*

Quote:

Sure, sure. So a person either has good character or bad character? No inbetween? No grey areas?

Wrong on so many levels. There are a ton of different character within one person. I just happen to be a therapist.

A person who helps an old person across the street, or helps someone with groceries, or even opens a door for a person is using one part of their brain. That same person may be planning a robbery later that night in a completely separate matter. There are a million different variations of character within oneself. Now ad alcohol or drugs to the mix and you get a different set of personalities altogether.

Sam Slick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Sam Slick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post

This is correct.

Sam Slick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:25 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
So you're saying that they are misinformed despite going to meetings or are in constant contact by phone/emails/sms with the NHLPA and you, you know more than them?

I don't think everything in the negotiations are made public, so they probably know better than us and the media.
No kidding, they have probably been involved in discussions with Fehr and Bettman yet they are "misinformed" because they don't agree with the hive mind at hfboards.

Most here are so wrapped up in their bitter jealousy they actually believe this stuff.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:45 AM
LyricalLyricist

Interesting I guess.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote