Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
Ivan Perisic is about to join Wolfsburg from Borussia Dortmund for anywhere between 7-8m (rumored fees)

Old
01-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Vamos Rafa

This just ain't right.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
I have mixed feelings over the deal but feel like Sturridge is capable of scoring a lot of goals given playing time. Risky though.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Sebastian Coates possibly going to head out on loan. I like this, he's way too good to sit on the bench every week, and that may signal intent to go sign Isimat-Mirin or another similar young CB to take Carragher's spot in the squad next year. Would love to see us have four strong central defenders as we did in the past.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...pool-mansfield

Old
01-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Good with a loan, but would be disappointed with a sale.

Bit upset if LFC missed out by much on Holtby.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Edo
The Mightiest Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
And Barca are apparently trying to eliminate CBs the way they've attacked the problem of a traditional striker. And given their success so far this season, it doesn't seem to be holding them back.
They're going to get burned so hard because of this. They already lost the supercup this year because of their refusal in getting another CB and putting DM's in the back. Teams with talent will take advantage. Mascherano/Busquets as a last line of a defense isn't good enough.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:25 PM
Edo
The Mightiest Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Ivan Perisic is about to join Wolfsburg from Borussia Dortmund for anywhere between 7-8m (rumored fees)
Pretty bad move for Perisic's career IMO. Wolfsburg have been a mess ever since winning the Bundesliga a few years ago, and while getting more minutes, his game would develop further at Dortmund.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Wow. Really like watching him, but that's a really odd move.

Old
01-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Wow that's a lot of money for Perisic

And moving is certainly better that staying at Dortmund, he just won't play for them. Started 5 games and got only around 500 minutes.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:11 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Nice to see the teams competing for spots #3-#4 adding more meat to their team for the present and the future... Meanwhile Arsenal spending the big money on nothing . The only way stupid Ivan Gazidis and the board will understand is when Tottenham boot our ass out of the CL and humiliate us. Sad to say, but if everything stays like this, the Spurs will keep improving, while we will keep dwelling. Hate to admit it, but it is true.

Chelsea won;t finish 6th every year Arsene. That means 6 Clubs are realistically challanging for 4 spots (MUFC, MCFC, CFC, AFC, THFC, LFC).

Alright I'm done venting

Old
01-04-2013, 08:22 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Also with all of this new Sneijder talk about him wanting to come to the EPL, I can't help but think he'd be good for Arsenal or Chelsea.

There's no doubt about it that he'll have to take a pay cut. Just no way around it. However, if they can load him up on the transfer fee he could be a really good asset for either club. With all that's happened to him at Inter I really think he moves this window as well.

Would be super awesome if he went to QPR, but that's just not happening. Ever.
Rumours are saying that Arsenal is going to stay away from Sneijder. There are some articles online stating why.

Also latest rumours from JA,

- Arda Turan will not be sold.
- M’Vila might be a possibility for Arsenal again.
- Arsenal will not sign Llorente.
- Marouane Chamakh and Johan Djourou leave the club on respective short term loans. [Confirmed]
- Ignasi Miquel is probably going on loan.
- More rumours about Lopez to Arsenal.
- We're intersted in Yanga M’Biwa.
- Squillaci is likely gone.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
Pretty bad move for Perisic's career IMO. Wolfsburg have been a mess ever since winning the Bundesliga a few years ago, and while getting more minutes, his game would develop further at Dortmund.
I agree with S04, the move is a good thing for him. Dortmund is a nice place to develop, but only for those that actually get to play. Perisic wasn't, wasn't going to, wasn't happy not playing, and wasn't going to suck it up. And while I really could do without Wolfsburg, I have a hard time not seeing them get back on track now that they have Allofs in charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oenatzu View Post
Bayern München signed defender Jan Kirchhoff from Mainz on a free transfer. He will be joining Bayern in the summer.

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/en/ne...2013/39139.php
Caught me pretty off guard, which rarely happens with Bayern transfers. Didn't think he'd be willing to throw his hat quite into this ring we have, yet, but it's good to see him taking the challenge. For Bayern, it's a no-brainer. He's a very talented young man at 21 years, playing in the U21 national team, is plain huge at 195cm, while also being one of the fastest players in the Bundesliga, and is a good passer. Sammer apparently was really keen to bring him in, and with those traits one gets why he'd call him a "diamond in the rough".

While the deal is confirmed for the summer, there's still a chance that they'll agree on a transfer in the winter. Mainz can use the money and will probably let him go for $1.5-2M. With Badstuber out for the year (basically), he could see some decent minutes right away.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Schalkenullvier*

I actually thought Schalke had a decent at signing him (didn't think Bayern was on the radar). Could have needed him too, when Metzelder is gone next year (and maybe Höwedes who knows) we need a new CB, and Kirchhoff would have been ideal (not only because a buddy of mine is also called J. Kirchhoff, haha). It also would have been nice getting back at Mainz for signing Moritz on a free.

Kinda weird for Kirchhoff, he doesn't seem like a player anymore that will be loaned out, but he won't get much time playing either. He only started 6 games for Mainz this year somehow. Oh well.

Is it just me, or are more young talents leaving their clubs on bosmans nowadays? I kinda have that feeling without really being able to back it up.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Oenatzu
Chad-in-the-Box

I would have liked to see Kirchhoff stay at Mainz for a little longer to get better playing minutes than what he'll get at Bayern. But for Bayern, like you said, it was a no-brainer.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:14 AM
villevalo

Supposedly we have made a formal bid for Villa for 17 million Euros (13.7 million pounds) and are happy enough to pay his 136,000 Euros (110,000 Pounds) a week wages.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:52 AM
HajdukSplit

vCash: 100
For Perisic better Wolfsburg than going to Russia which all of our players seemed to be linked to (even Rakitic now ). I don't think many clubs were going to pay 7-8 million for him, at Wolfsburg he will play more and if he does well there in 2-3 seasons he could go to a big club once again

Old
01-05-2013, 09:57 AM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post
Supposedly we have made a formal bid for Villa for 17 million Euros (13.7 million pounds) and are happy enough to pay his 136,000 Euros (110,000 Pounds) a week wages.
Who's we?

Old
01-05-2013, 10:20 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Who's we?
Arsenal

Old
01-05-2013, 11:12 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post
I don't know if it's a good or not... Is he still a solid player? He used to be a beast a couple of years ago but haven't heard of him since.

A "scouting report" would be appreciated

Old
01-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Vamos Rafa

Sad to see Giuseppe Rossi leave Villarreal, but they had to sell him since they couldn't afford his wages anymore and there's no guarantee they will get promoted for next year. It just sucks that he was injured all year or they could've sold him for a lot more than €9.5 million.

Old
01-05-2013, 01:00 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Chamakh loanned to West Ham, Djourou to Hannover

Old
01-05-2013, 01:03 PM
SteelCitySaviour

Send a message via AIM to SteelCitySaviour
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I don't know if it's a good or not... Is he still a solid player? He used to be a beast a couple of years ago but haven't heard of him since.

A "scouting report" would be appreciated
No way arsenal pay that kind of wage to someone on the wrong side of 30 like villa. especially when their glaring holes are someone with bite in midfield and some help on d

Old
01-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Just about all of the papers are reporting that Ambromovich has made a 180 on Lampard. Appears he'll be staying with Chelsea.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Wee Baby Seamus
I got your back

The Mirror reporting Isco to Chelsea is pretty much done.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Luiginho
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Sad to see Giuseppe Rossi leave Villarreal, but they had to sell him since they couldn't afford his wages anymore and there's no guarantee they will get promoted for next year. It just sucks that he was injured all year or they could've sold him for a lot more than €9.5 million.
Villareal had many many opportunities in the past to sell Rossi for 30+ millions but refused. I can understand why but it turned to a catastroph.

I'm surprised they could even get 9.5 millions for him, his career could be one injury away from being over.

Closed Thread