HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Manchester Monarchs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2012, 11:13 PM
McSorley 33

vCash: 500
Couldn't watch the game but double a had a nice fight.

Old
01-01-2013, 01:07 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Forgot to update on the last game. Not that there was anything exciting to talk about.

Monarchs lost to the Sound Tigers 4-1. Jones let in one of the softest goals I've ever seen just 90 seconds into the game. Toffoli tied it up and Jones redeem himself with some big saves, but then it all felt apart late in the 2nd.

highlights:

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/console.j...0&teamcode=MCH

Tonight the Monarchs lost 3-2 to the Sharks. Mannino let in some really weak goals tonight. Team fell behind early 2-0 but the Monarchs made a spirited come back with goals by Hickey and beautiful goal by Kozun. Hickey continues to be one of the bright spots in Manchester, has been really good this past month. BUT.... Mannino did his best Quickie and went to play the puck behind his net with a minute to go in the game (which he did lazily), the puck hoped over his stick and he wasn't able to get back in net time to make a stop...

Important note on this game was that Andreoff was given a 5 min. major and tossed from the game for a hit to the head of Curt Gogol, who was taken off the ice on a stretcher. Likely suspension coming Andreoff's way.

Morris said it best. There is no urgency in this team, IMO no true desire to win. The player I've been most disappointed in is Slava Voynov he should be the best player ever night on this team and he's been far from it. Making some really bad plays, I don't know if he thinks he can coast cause he'll go straight back to the Kings but it's kinda unsettling. Dwight King and Jordan Nolan haven't putting up the numbers they should be putting up either. Very frustrating team to watch right now, and for the LOVE OF GOD Loktionov needs to start shooting the puck... it's getting old kid!

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 01-01-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old
01-01-2013, 06:19 AM
damacles1156

Slava has been a huge disappointment in Manchester.

He looks really lazy out there.

Morris needs to have a couple spirited practices if you ask me.

Or maybe Dean or Sutter needs to make a visit. It's one thing to be learning, but the complete lack of effort in third periods is becoming this teams (MO).

Old
01-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Mathletic

Do you guys know why Prokhorkin is back in Russia and not playing at the WJC?

Old
01-01-2013, 11:35 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Do you guys know why Prokhorkin is back in Russia and not playing at the WJC?
In short there was a dispute with the RHL and after being told that everything was fine by the NHL it ended up with Prok's having a contract in Russia and he had to return to honor it.

He is playing in the KHL now. There is a thread dealing with his situation somewhere on this page.

Old
01-02-2013, 07:22 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Regarding Slava, King, and Nolan, it may be an issue with dealing with the less structured AHL game. I know I've seen some players in the past that spend time in the NHL and adjust to the speed there and it throws everything off when they go back down. Guys find themselves trying to force a play because they think they have less time than they do and such. Could be a case of needing to readjust and just struggling doing it.

That last goal with Mannino trying to play the puck... Wow, that's just brutal. As a former goalie I can tell you he did pretty much everything they teach you NOT to do on that play... Doesn't fully commit to stopping the puck, lazily just extends his stick at the last second, isn't at a good angle to play the puck to either side if he needs to, stops behind the net, which prevents him from getting beck to the net int time. Just terrible on all accounts.

Last thing, is it the Sound Tigers from Bridgeport or the Tigers from Bridgeport Sound? I mean I have no idea what a Sound Tiger would be, but I know that area is known as Bridgeport Sound since Bridgeport is right on the shores of the Long Island Sound.

Old
01-02-2013, 10:03 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
The player I've been most disappointed in is Slava Voynov he should be the best player ever night on this team and he's been far from it. Making some really bad plays, I don't know if he thinks he can coast cause he'll go straight back to the Kings but it's kinda unsettling.
I think that is something that is affecting some of the NHL'ers that are in the AHL due to the lockout. I think they know that they are not permanment members of the AHL club and don't put out 100%, or maybe they don't want to get hurt, so they don't push it all the way.

It's a problem Terry Murray has been having with Brayden Schenn this year. Unfortunately, he was overheard when he first reported to the PHantoms talking to Zac Rinaldo saying that he didn't belong here, he belonged in the NHL. Terry Murray had a talk with him and has had 2 since, for his lazy attitude and inconsistency. He'll have good game, put up mutliple points and then disapper for 6 games. And most nights, he puts out zero effort defending his zone . He doesn't hustle back to get the puck , seems to be going much less than 100%. I think he conisders himself a FLyer, and therefore he's just passing time until the strike is settled. It's a huge mistake, esp since he's a very weak defensive forward and needs huge improvment in that area of his game . This would have been the time to work on that, instead, he (Iand I'm guessing other NHL'ers in the same stituation ) doesn't feel that's required.

Old
01-02-2013, 11:07 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Regarding Slava, King, and Nolan, it may be an issue with dealing with the less structured AHL game. I know I've seen some players in the past that spend time in the NHL and adjust to the speed there and it throws everything off when they go back down. Guys find themselves trying to force a play because they think they have less time than they do and such. Could be a case of needing to readjust and just struggling doing it.

That last goal with Mannino trying to play the puck... Wow, that's just brutal. As a former goalie I can tell you he did pretty much everything they teach you NOT to do on that play... Doesn't fully commit to stopping the puck, lazily just extends his stick at the last second, isn't at a good angle to play the puck to either side if he needs to, stops behind the net, which prevents him from getting beck to the net int time. Just terrible on all accounts.

Last thing, is it the Sound Tigers from Bridgeport or the Tigers from Bridgeport Sound? I mean I have no idea what a Sound Tiger would be, but I know that area is known as Bridgeport Sound since Bridgeport is right on the shores of the Long Island Sound.
It's the Sound Tigers from Bridgeport. I don't know either what a Sound Tiger is but it's probally just playing on Bridgeport being on the long island sound.

Old
01-02-2013, 03:18 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Andy Andreoff has been suspended 3 games for the hit

Old
01-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Johnny Utah

Loving Andreoff. What is the heck is up with Nolan?

Old
01-03-2013, 10:40 PM
damacles1156

Nolan and King are being asked to posses the puck more.

They are being relied upon to do more than just fore-check and retrieve pucks.

They are both struggling with it. They both played very simple games in the NHL, retrieve the puck and either shoot it, or get it to a team mate quickly.

Nolan is capable of being a dominant puck possession guy, He already shows flashes of it.

But Nolan also coughs the puck up a lot (Mental errors) his brain has to catch up to his Size and speed.

King is having the problem of his line-mates constantly deferring to him. It's not helping the kid; They are feeding him pucks when they should make other plays. So far it's screwing King up, Morris needs to step in or King needs to adjust.

Last edited by damacles1156: 01-03-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old
01-04-2013, 05:13 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

All hail Tyler Toffoli! He gets two goals (15th and 16th of the year) within the first five minutes of the game.

And I won a poster.

Last edited by TwoForRoughing: 01-04-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old
01-04-2013, 05:28 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing View Post
All hail Tyler Toffoli! He gets two goals (15th and 16th of the year) within the first five minutes of the game.

And I won a free poster.
I Went with Vey. No poster for me These guys are adjusting so well. Let's go hat trick!

Old
01-04-2013, 05:49 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Toffoli is the man! That shot on the first goal was sick!

Hickey looking awesome tonight was well. Nearly had a goal of the year candidate there. Then came back and made a great defensive play.

Old
01-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Toffoli is the man! That shot on the first goal was sick!

Hickey looking awesome tonight was well. Nearly had a goal of the year candidate there. Then came back and made a great defensive play.
Missed it, what happened ?

Old
01-04-2013, 06:12 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Missed it, what happened ?
Brought the puck in and try to break the d and was brought down but as he was going down he got off and solid diving shot on what looked like his back hand. Goalie made the save though

Old
01-04-2013, 06:32 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Martin Jones the only reason the Monarchs are still in this. They lead 2-1 after two.

If only he can play like this on a consistent basis...

Old
01-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

I hope Hickey is in the NHL this year or next once Drewiske is moved...moving into #6 role right away when Martinez is moved for future pieces since he is ready for a top 4 role...

Old
01-04-2013, 07:24 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Monarchs tried thier best to blow it but held on for the 3-2 win over the St. John's Ice Caps! Jones was fantastic tonight. Hands down best player on ice. Which was really good to see after his struggles. Snapped his 9 game losing streak tonight!

Toffoli shined as well of course not just offensively but made some great stick checks tonight as well.

All around solid effort. Great win!

Old
01-04-2013, 07:34 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Loktionov from King for the third goal. Voynov, Nolan, Bodnarchuk with a -1. Loktionov 6 shots, Voynov 5 shots.
1st Star- Jones
2nd Star - Toff

Next game tomorrow against the caps. Let's Streak!

Old
01-05-2013, 05:10 PM
SuperAlmeida

Mannino in net. 1-0 Weal from Nolan!

Old
01-05-2013, 05:31 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Mannino in net. 1-0 Weal from Nolan!
Jones had great game last night and would be in net except he has hamstring injury.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:44 PM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKFAN View Post
Jones had great game last night and would be in net except he has hamstring injury.
Okey!
After the goal the Ice Caps had some momentum, but then Monarchs got it at the end of the period. Weal has been good. Some nice dangles down low. Meckler has been physical.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:13 PM
SuperAlmeida

1-1. Carl Klingberg!

Old
01-05-2013, 06:49 PM
SuperAlmeida

2-1! Tanner Pearson from Linden Vey and Tyler Toffoli!

Closed Thread