HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings that are playing in the WJC

Old
01-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Spitfire11

vCash: 500
I'd gladly keep Ouellet over Harrington. How many good junior defensive defensemen translate their game to the NHL? Guys like M.Staal, Phillips, Stuart, Hannan, Regehr, Seabrook, Hamhuis, Girardi all put up relatively big points in juniors. Whose career path could you best project Harrington's too?

Spitfire11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Harrington has that mean streak that Ouellet misses.
How so? Harrington might be the bigger hitter, but Ouellet is the fighter of the two.

Quote:
Harrington plays very, very tough minutes on London and doesn't get that much pp time, if I'm not mistaken.
I'm pretty sure Ouellet is Mr. Everything for the Armada. #1 pairing ES, #1 PP, #1 PK, Captain. It doesn't get much tougher than that, and what's more is the Armada are one of the best teams in the Q. They're doing well with him leading them.

What's interesting is they have been just brutal without him. 2-5-1-2 in the last 10. Ouellet has missed the last 11 games including the WJCs (last game played was 11/25/12). Yet even after that slide, they're still third in the Q and leading their division.

By comparison, London is 7-0-1 in the time Harrington has been gone. They're a dominating first place team and while Harrington is a good player, he isn't the go-to guy on that team.

Last edited by Guru Meditation: 01-05-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:57 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
How so? Harrington might be the bigger hitter, but Ouellet is the fighter of the two.
What I meant. Iirc, Ouellet doesn't fight that much.. well he can't because it would hurt the team.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Ouellet is Mr. Everything for the Armada. #1 pairing ES, #1 PP, #1 PK, Captain. It doesn't get much tougher than that, and what's more is the Armada are one of the best teams in the Q. They're doing well with him leading them.

What's interesting is they have been just brutal without him. 2-5-1-2 in the last 10. Ouellet has missed the last 11 games including the WJCs (last game played was 11/25/12). Yet even after that slide, they're still third in the Q and leading their division.

By comparison, London is 7-0-1 in the time Harrington has been gone. They're a dominating first place team and while Harrington is a good player, he isn't the go-to guy on that team.
Ouellet is obviously more important to his team. But Harrington isn't given much of a chance to put up points, which was my point. OHL is more balanced league too imo.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote