HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2012, 08:40 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I know, but if the Isles are looking to turn things around fast, none of the guys mentionned will put Plekanec numbers or his 2-way play in a short period, unless they get a superstar to play with Strome.
I expect Strome to end up on Tavares rw and Brock Nelson to bump Frans Neilsen from the 2nd line center spot, down to the 3rd line center spot.

Strome has trained each off season since being drafted, with Tavares. Hopefully, building chemistry.

There's speculation among some of the NY press and bloggers, that Strome may be ready to make the move to the NHL as soon as the lockout ends. Even if he stays in juniors for the rest of this season, he's close to being nhl ready. No interest in blocking Strome or Brock Nelson's path to the NHL.

Old
12-21-2012, 07:09 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I expect Strome to end up on Tavares rw and Brock Nelson to bump Frans Neilsen from the 2nd line center spot, down to the 3rd line center spot.

Strome has trained each off season since being drafted, with Tavares. Hopefully, building chemistry.

There's speculation among some of the NY press and bloggers, that Strome may be ready to make the move to the NHL as soon as the lockout ends. Even if he stays in juniors for the rest of this season, he's close to being nhl ready. No interest in blocking Strome or Brock Nelson's path to the NHL.
If the Habs and NYI's trade involved Plekanec,the return would have to be Anders Lee & a 1st round pick for 2013,IMO.

Old
12-21-2012, 07:20 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
If the Habs and NYI's trade involved Plekanec,the return would have to be Anders Lee & a 1st round pick for 2013,IMO.
I'd rather see the habs ask for Nino. He would fill a void in the lineup quicker. That's with Bourque gone of course.

Old
12-22-2012, 03:24 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I'd rather see the habs ask for Nino. He would fill a void in the lineup quicker. That's with Bourque gone of course.
The number 1 priority of Islanders management is to be as close to the cap floor as possible. They would have no interest in Bourque/Plekanec for Nino/1st etc.

Old
12-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
How ? With his 1 goal in 45 games ?

People are going overboard on Bourque. Imagine if Nino replicated his performance ?

On top of that, Islanders aren't going to trade away 1st rounders and top prospects for alright top 6 wingers to speed up their growth...

Old
12-22-2012, 04:41 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
The number 1 priority of Islanders management is to be as close to the cap floor as possible. They would have no interest in Bourque/Plekanec for Nino/1st etc.
I didn't say trade Bourque to NY Islanders. I said Nino could take his place and probably eventually do better. The conversation started from the POV of trading Plekanec to the Isles and get Anders Lee... just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
How ? With his 1 goal in 45 games ?

People are going overboard on Bourque. Imagine if Nino replicated his performance ?

On top of that, Islanders aren't going to trade away 1st rounders and top prospects for alright top 6 wingers to speed up their growth...
For Niederreiter to replicate Bourque's performance he would have to play in the NHL for the same length of time and most likely produce just as much as Bourque was. I don't mind that even if we're as patient with him as we were with AK.

Anyway I'm pretty sure you're right about the Islanders not doing anymore trades like this. They'd probably try to get Plekanec on the cheap, if they were interested, and that's when you need a GM that can tell them to go to hell.

Last edited by vokiel: 12-22-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old
12-23-2012, 12:51 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I didn't say trade Bourque to NY Islanders. I said Nino could take his place and probably eventually do better. The conversation started from the POV of trading Plekanec to the Isles and get Anders Lee... just saying.

For Niederreiter to replicate Bourque's performance he would have to play in the NHL for the same length of time and most likely produce just as much as Bourque was. I don't mind that even if we're as patient with him as we were with AK.

Anyway I'm pretty sure you're right about the Islanders not doing anymore trades like this. They'd probably try to get Plekanec on the cheap, if they were interested, and that's when you need a GM that can tell them to go to hell.

Staples who covers the team for Newsday, said months ago that Snow hopes the new cap will drop and Snow can take advantage of teams having to salary dump contracts.

A few days ago, nhl.com had a short 5 question interview with Snow. He says their philosophy will remain the same, build from within, through the draft and look for ufa signings and trades that make sense.

So, I'll agree with your points: Snow isn't looking to trade 1st rounders or top youngsters for alright pickups to speed up the rebuild. If Snow spoke to the Habs about Plekanec, he'd want him on the cheap. With Strome tearing up juniors and looking ready for the AHL or NHL, it's unlikely the isles block his path and Nelson's been one of Bridgeport's best all-round players. Nino may lead the team in scoring, but Nelson is not far behind and is better defensively. I doubt the isles see the center position, as a position that needs to be addressed through a trade.

As for Anders Lee.. unless the new cba changes the rules, he'll be able to do what Justin Schultz did, become a ufa and sign where he chooses. The Habs may be able to fight it out with teams like the Maple Leafs, losing nothing but cash for Lee.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 12-23-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old
12-24-2012, 02:59 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Staples who covers the team for Newsday, said months ago that Snow hopes the new cap will drop and Snow can take advantage of teams having to salary dump contracts.

A few days ago, nhl.com had a short 5 question interview with Snow. He says their philosophy will remain the same, build from within, through the draft and look for ufa signings and trades that make sense.

So, I'll agree with your points: Snow isn't looking to trade 1st rounders or top youngsters for alright pickups to speed up the rebuild. If Snow spoke to the Habs about Plekanec, he'd want him on the cheap. With Strome tearing up juniors and looking ready for the AHL or NHL, it's unlikely the isles block his path and Nelson's been one of Bridgeport's best all-round players. Nino may lead the team in scoring, but Nelson is not far behind and is better defensively. I doubt the isles see the center position, as a position that needs to be addressed through a trade.

As for Anders Lee.. unless the new cba changes the rules, he'll be able to do what Justin Schultz did, become a ufa and sign where he chooses. The Habs may be able to fight it out with teams like the Maple Leafs, losing nothing but cash for Lee.
The NYI's were ready to trade all of their picks in last seasons draft for the 2nd overall Ryan Murray,so Snow isn't likely to hold on to Anders Lee Center when they have an abundance.Defence is their weakness and should have been the starting point,after DePietro as the goalie.Drafting hasn't been their strong suit,unlike Timmins and the Habs with the strength in Defence.This is a more likely point of interest for a trade between Snow and Bergevin IMO.

Old
12-25-2012, 05:38 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
The NYI's were ready to trade all of their picks in last seasons draft for the 2nd overall Ryan Murray,so Snow isn't likely to hold on to Anders Lee Center when they have an abundance.Defence is their weakness and should have been the starting point,after DePietro as the goalie.Drafting hasn't been their strong suit,unlike Timmins and the Habs with the strength in Defence.This is a more likely point of interest for a trade between Snow and Bergevin IMO.
According to sites like THN, Hockeyprospectus and Hockeysfuture, the Isles have one of the best prospect pools in the league. Pierre McGuire predicts they'll be the next Blackhawks, the next dominate young team.

Mckenzie wrote scouts were saying there was a big dropoff in talent after the top 6-7 picks.Clearly Snow agreed.

Blueline prospects Reinhart, Mayfield, Donovan, Pelech, De Haan and Pokka all have top 4 nhl potential.Youngsters Hamonic and McDonald are already key contributors, on the big club. Isles and Habs are not some match,with the Isles needing the Habs blueliners.

Staples wrote that the tried signing Lee last summer, but he choose to return to college. If the Isles lose Lee, it'll be because he will have pulled a stunt like Gregoire, Wheeler and Schultz. It won't be because the NYI did want to sign him or didn't try to sign him.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 12-25-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old
12-25-2012, 09:10 AM
S Bah

Quote:
According to sites like THN, Hockeyprospectus and Hockeysfuture, the Isles have one of the best prospect pools in the league. Pierre McGuire predicts they'll be the next Blackhawks, the next dominate young team.

Mckenzie wrote scouts were saying there was a big dropoff in talent after the top 6-7 picks.Clearly Snow agreed.

Blueline prospects Reinhart, Mayfield, Donovan, Pelech, De Haan and Pokka all have top 4 nhl potential.Youngsters Hamonic and McDonald are already key contributors, on the big club. Isles and Habs are not some match,with the Isles needing the Habs blueliners.

Staples wrote that the tried signing Lee last summer, but he choose to return to college. If the Isles lose Lee, it'll be because he will have pulled a stunt like Gregoire, Wheeler and Schultz. It won't be because the NYI did want to sign him or didn't try to sign him.
Let's hope the NHL has a season then,otherwise NYI's will probably get Seth Jones as well.

Old
12-27-2012, 05:46 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Let's hope the NHL has a season then,otherwise NYI's will probably get Seth Jones as well.
They'll be one of six teams with 2 weighted lottery balls. Columbus will have 5 weighted lottery balls and I think there are 6 teams wth 3 weighted lottery balls. Chances are the Isles will get a pick in the 8-15 range, whether we get a season or not.

As for moves, I'm hoping Snow adds a hard working vet who''ll lead by example.Someone like Malholtra (ufa) or Cleary (trade).

Old
12-27-2012, 02:36 PM
S Bah

Quote:
They'll be one of six teams with 2 weighted lottery balls. Columbus will have 5 weighted lottery balls and I think there are 6 teams wth 3 weighted lottery balls. Chances are the Isles will get a pick in the 8-15 range, whether we get a season or not.

As for moves, I'm hoping Snow adds a hard working vet who''ll lead by example.Someone like Malholtra (ufa) or Cleary (trade).
Well that's a relief for Habs fans,Snow could do no better than Plekanec as a hard working veteran leader and if Lee would sign with the Habs and get a 1st choice from the Isles it might be doable.Bergevin would have to be confident in his ability to sign Lee,but if Snow knows Lee won't sign in NYI's this is a good move.

Old
12-28-2012, 08:48 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Well that's a relief for Habs fans,Snow could do no better than Plekanec as a hard working veteran leader and if Lee would sign with the Habs and get a 1st choice from the Isles it might be doable.Bergevin would have to be confident in his ability to sign Lee,but if Snow knows Lee won't sign in NYI's this is a good move.
Won't the Habs have 3 weighted lottery balls? They are more likely to get a top 7 pick then the NYI.

As for Plekanec, I read he has a NTC. I can't see him waiving it for the NYI.

Old
12-28-2012, 10:26 AM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
Won't the Habs have 3 weighted lottery balls? They are more likely to get a top 7 pick then the NYI.

As for Plekanec, I read he has a NTC. I can't see him waiving it for the NYI.
No, the amount of times they missed the playoffs in the past 3 years is only once. Is that all that counts? I forget...

Old
12-28-2012, 05:58 PM
S Bah

Quote:
No, the amount of times they missed the playoffs in the past 3 years is only once. Is that all that counts? I forget...
If the new proposal is accepted and the new weighted system will be between the non-playoff teams.So balls won't be allotted the same way.

Old
12-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
If the new proposal is accepted and the new weighted system will be between the non-playoff teams.So balls won't be allotted the same way.
can you explain the new system ??

Old
12-29-2012, 12:12 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
can you explain the new system ??
All that's been released is for the lockout shortened season all non-playoff teams will enter a weighted lottery for the first fourteen picks.

Old
12-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
All that's been released is for the lockout shortened season all non-playoff teams will enter a weighted lottery for the first fourteen picks.
one ball allowed to each 14 non playoff team and no ball for the other 16??

Old
12-30-2012, 01:08 PM
vokiel
Registered Settler

Quote:
one ball allowed to each 14 non playoff team and no ball for the other 16??
If it's weighted, it means some teams in the 14 will have more chances than the others. Anyway.. it's off-topic since teams can't trade balls. How unfortunate

Old
12-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
If it's weighted, it means some teams in the 14 will have more chances than the others. Anyway.. it's off-topic since teams can't trade balls. How unfortunate
but we can stil trade for 1st overall

Old
01-01-2013, 12:51 PM
S Bah

Quote:
but we can stil trade for 1st overall
Any pick in the first 1-6 are worth trading for even if you have the 1st overall,it's all a matter of having the players and picks necessary.Getting both MacKinnon and Drouin would be a coup.

Old
01-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Any pick in the first 1-6 are worth trading for even if you have the 1st overall,it's all a matter of having the players and picks necessary.Getting both MacKinnon and Drouin would be a coup.
rather have Jones and Drouin ... Mackinnon is way too nervous in big moment. And i'm ready to give Subban for it !

Old
01-02-2013, 10:36 AM
S Bah

Quote:
rather have Jones and Drouin ... Mackinnon is way too nervous in big moment. And i'm ready to give Subban for it !
Jones would be great at #2 and Drouin at #1 IMO but no trading Subban for untried rookies.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:26 PM
d4v1d7230
Rookie User

Montreal gets
-Evander Kane
Winnipeg gets
-Brian Gionta
-Aaron Palushaj
-Danny Kristo
-Conditionnal 2013 1st round pick ( IF habs make playoffs)

What are your thoughts?

Old
01-05-2013, 06:43 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4v1d7230 View Post
Montreal gets
-Evander Kane
Winnipeg gets
-Brian Gionta
-Aaron Palushaj
-Danny Kristo
-Conditionnal 2013 1st round pick ( IF habs make playoffs)

What are your thoughts?
How about :

To WPG :
PK Subban

To MTL :
Nik Antropov
Spencer Machacek
Carl Klingberg
Conditionnal 2013 1st round pick (If Jets make the playoffs)

You got your answer...

Closed Thread