HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2013, 06:47 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
How about :

To WPG :
PK Subban

To MTL :
Nik Antropov
Spencer Machacek
Carl Klingberg
Conditionnal 2013 1st round pick (If Jets make the playoffs)

You got your answer...
Nicely done

I think what it comes down to is that it's almost impossible to trade a package of bronze and silver bars for a bar of gold.

In this market, gold bars typically only get traded for gold bars.

A realistic package for Evander Kane?

Max Pacioretty + Alexei Emelin.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:56 PM
d4v1d7230
Rookie User

Actual explanation requested ............

Old
01-05-2013, 07:02 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4v1d7230 View Post
Actual explanation requested ............
Your proposal was:

Montreal gets
-Evander Kane
Winnipeg gets
-Brian Gionta
-Aaron Palushaj
-Danny Kristo
-Conditionnal 2013 1st round pick ( IF habs make playoffs)

You're trying to get a bar of gold (Kane) for 1 bar of silver (conditional 1st rounder), two bars of bronze (Gionta, Kristo), and one bar of asbestos (Palushaj).

The value is simply not equivalent.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:15 PM
d4v1d7230
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Nicely done

I think what it comes down to is that it's almost impossible to trade a package of bronze and silver bars for a bar of gold.

so your idea is 1st line foward and a highlight reel hitter for 1st line foward?
if a top 6 nhl potential prospect and a 25 goal scorer= 2 bronze bar....

No offese just IMO

Old
01-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Nicely done

Judging by the events that have happened to Evander Kane in the past year or two, I'd rather keep Pacioretty even if he isn't as good as Kane. I'm not impressed by his behaviour but I am a fan of him as a hockey player.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:10 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Judging by the events that have happened to Evander Kane in the past year or two, I'd rather keep Pacioretty even if he isn't as good as Kane. I'm not impressed by his behaviour but I am a fan of him as a hockey player.

Stupid is as stupid does.
Kane has a higher ceiling than Pacioretty, and I'm not that bothered by the fact he was seeing showing a stack of bills in Las Vegas.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Kane has a higher ceiling than Pacioretty, and I'm not that bothered by the fact he was seeing showing a stack of bills in Las Vegas.
I'm happy with Pacioretty, tbh.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
There are red flags off ice though, even before that...the fact that Winnipeg was shoping him should be of concern. No way Bergevin trades Pacioretty for Kane.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:00 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'm happy with Pacioretty, tbh.
Yeah, I also like Kane a lot and think despite all of this "red flag" talk, it's really just the same stuff said about Subban. Surprise surprise.

That said, Pacioretty seems to be a Canadien for life and lifers you gotta keep instead of rolling the dice on a guy with a bit higher upside who might leave you in a contract year.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Yeah, I also like Kane a lot and think despite all of this "red flag" talk, it's really just the same stuff said about Subban. Surprise surprise.

That said, Pacioretty seems to be a Canadien for life and lifers you gotta keep instead of rolling the dice on a guy with a bit higher upside who might leave you in a contract year.
Subban it was more rubbing the veterans the wrong way. Kane they had issues with him off ice.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:53 PM
OneSharpMarble

Rumors of Montreal and Philly talking trade?

Subban for Couturier and 2013 1st sounds about right to me. If we can grab a dman like Ristolainen in the draft I am very much for it.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:07 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

Subban for Couturier and 2013 1st sounds about right to me. If we can grab a dman like Ristolainen in the draft I am very much for it.
only way this trade would work is if you had another trade in works for eller or descharnais for a decent defenseman. where would couturier play otherwise

Old
01-06-2013, 06:12 PM
onice

vCash: 50
Quote:

Philly ain't gonna do that. Over payment on their part and it means we would have to trade one of our top three C men. Desharnais/Plekenac/Eller would have to be traded for what we're missing: one - preferably two - wingers for our second line. If you're gonna trade Subban - and i don't know if i want to trade him - why not trade him directly for what we need: two scoring wingers.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:25 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Philly ain't gonna do that. Over payment on their part and it means we would have to trade one of our top three C men. Desharnais/Plekenac/Eller would have to be traded for what we're missing: one - preferably two - wingers for our second line. If you're gonna trade Subban - and i don't know if i want to trade him - why not trade him directly for what we need: two scoring wingers.
I agree and there were also reports suggesting that Couturier was an untouchable and that they were not ready to include him in a package for Shea Weber. If true, there is no way they would trade him for Subban, let alone adding their 2013 1st round pick

Old
01-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:

That would be awesome, having Gally and Couts down the middle for a long time would be just awesome. We would need to trade either pleks or eller + something else for a D-Man that can be slotted in besides Markov.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
I agree and there were also reports suggesting that Couturier was an untouchable and that they were not ready to include him in a package for Shea Weber. If true, there is no way they would trade him for Subban, let alone adding their 2013 1st round pick
If I recall correctly, didnt they want Couturier and Shenn for Weber ?

Old
01-06-2013, 06:38 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
If I recall correctly, didnt they want Couturier and Shenn for Weber ?
Yes and there were also talks suggesting that Couturier was untouchable.

I guess it depends how desesperate they are. There is also the fact that they were confident to get Weber for picks only via an offersheet so it may explain why they weren't ready to part with Couturier.

Anyway, I would keep Subban.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Yes and there were also talks suggesting that Couturier was untouchable.

I guess it depends how desesperate they are. There is also the fact that they were confident to get Weber for picks only via an offersheet so it may explain why they weren't ready to part with Couturier.

Anyway, I would keep Subban.
Yea they just got Schenn so I doubt that they are in a hurry to get a D-Man like they were when they were in the hunt for Weber.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:09 PM
S Bah

Quote:

Trading Subban would leave a gaping big hole in the Habs defence and Philly's pick will most likely be in the 20-30 range,Ristolainen and any defenceman like him will already be taken.With all of the centers the Habs have Couturier would be redundant not to mention his value is in no way close to Subban's to Montreal.Giroux on the other hand would be about even value player wise and he's a Francophone,but both teams would have holes in their lineups.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:20 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Trading Subban would leave a gaping big hole in the Habs defence and Philly's pick will most likely be in the 20-30 range,Ristolainen and any defenceman like him will already be taken.With all of the centers the Habs have Couturier would be redundant not to mention his value is in no way close to Subban's to Montreal.Giroux on the other hand would be about even value player wise and he's a Francophone,but both teams would have holes in their lineups.
Subban's value is nowhere near to Giroux anyway.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:22 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
only way this trade would work is if you had another trade in works for eller or descharnais for a decent defenseman. where would couturier play otherwise
Eller or DD can be moved to the wing, does, anyone really see DD as a centre for the habs for the long term? I just don't see it.

Pleks is getting up there and wont be around forever.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Same rumour from 4 months ago ?

Old
01-06-2013, 11:20 PM
S Bah

The Habs have Markov,Kaberle,Subban,Weber,Diaz and St. Denis for PMD and Colorado is in need of a PMD to replace Erik Johnson RD the player they expected to run their PP and be an offensive force for them.The Habs have to make room for their defence prospects in Hamilton when they're ready.My thought is trade Diaz(25) RD and Kaberle LD one for the 1st PP unit and one for the 2nd PP unit to Colorado for Johnson(25) giving the Habs a big bodied RD with some offence for roughly the same money and gaining one extra contract space.Then the Habs could also have a possible trade with Columbus for their 1st round choice or maybe their 1st's from (LA Kings & NYR's).The BlueJackets are in need of a couple of RW's and a LW ,rookie RW Cam Atkinson (23)5'7" 172 lbs had 7 + 7 = 14 pts. in 27 NHL games last season.The Habs could trade them B.Gallagher & P.Holland RW's and C/LW Michael Bournival for Columbus's 1st or both (NYR's & LA Kings)1st's from Columbus.So three good prospects for Columbus's pick or for two late 1st's from (NYR & LAKings)Columbus's picks.Besides the Habs getting CBJ's 1st round pick or two later 1st's from CBJ's trades,and freeing up three contract spaces to sign free agents.Tell me what you think?

Old
01-07-2013, 07:57 AM
onice

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
My thought is trade Diaz(25) RD and Kaberle LD one for the 1st PP unit and one for the 2nd PP unit to Colorado for Johnson(25)
Then the Habs could also have a possible trade with Columbus for their 1st round choice or maybe their 1st's from (LA Kings & NYR's).The Habs could trade them B.Gallagher & P.Holland RW's and C/LW Michael Bournival for Columbus's 1st or both (NYR's & LA Kings)1st's from Columbus.
Only a Habs fan would think Diaz & Kaberle for Johnson is a doable trade.

Gallagher, Holland & Bournival for one of Columbus' firsts won't get done. Too much of the unknown. Neither team really knows what they're getting and what they're giving up.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:10 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I really really don't want to trade PK but it is an interesting thought to try and get a great young forward prospect because like last draft other teams went hog wild on D, this year inversely I imagine those teams will go for the forwards and we could pick a stud D man.

If Markov can somehow hold out a couple years and Beaulieu can iron out his flaws it could be a gamble worth taking. We do have serious D depth and you have to imagine someone we'll get traded sooner or later.

That being said, I really really really really don't want to trade PK.

Closed Thread