HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly Signs With Magnitogorsk (2-yr deal)

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Hes a goner man. Anyone who opposes that tyrant Lacroix gets shipped out. It is known
So how is this not then O'Reilly wanting out with that logic?

Old
12-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Hes a goner man. Anyone who opposes that tyrant Lacroix gets shipped out. It is known
There is no such thing as Dragons, Khaleesi, it is known

Old
12-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Goulet17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Goulet17

not true, he has not contract with NHL team, Avs.

dont insult jurisdiction and law of another country. Learn KHL, NHL rules, russian and US labour law.

O'Reilly can terminate his contract with Magnitogorsk if he wants.
I think if you would have paid attention to my post, you would have the idea that I am not a lay person when it comes to the subject of US laws and the legal issues involved.

Your last statement makes absolutely no sense given all of your prior posts.

Old
01-01-2013, 09:02 AM
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind

Vorky, is there something in Russian law that says you can be relieved of a contract by giving 2 weeks notice? I remember hearing something about that a few years ago, but I don't know how reliable that is.

Old
01-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

Vorky is implying that since the KHL rules don't have a formal NHL out for players like O'Reilly but this one is a verbal agreement between the team and O'Reilly where the team would dissolve the contract it somehow would be a problem.

Theoretically the team could refuse to release him but if that was their plan, it's not a particularly good idea to say in the official press release that you have an agreement to release the player when NHL starts.

I think vorky is just some Russian dude that wants to wave the mother Russia flag around a bit. If he wants to talk himself into O'Reilly staying in Russia for two years, I don't think there is much we can do to convince him otherwise.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I think vorky is just some Russian dude that wants to wave the mother Russia flag around a bit. If he wants to talk himself into O'Reilly staying in Russia for two years, I don't think there is much we can do to convince him otherwise.

Fyi, O'Reilly can buy out his contract himself if he gets into trouble. As I said since day one, he will be with the Avs when hockey resumes. No way around that.

Last edited by Frenchy: 01-02-2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: deleted the first part
Old
01-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Goulet17

I have no issue with Vorky, I am just confused at times as to what he or she is arguing. Some of that may be just the language barrier and translation issues.

No matter, I am confident the situation will resolve itself once the NHL returns. The onus, however, remains on the Avs and O'Reilly to ultimately get a deal done.

Old
01-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Gigantor The Goalie
Screw Everyone

adater ‏@adater

When/if CBA deal done, talks between O'Reilly/Avs would begin "immediately"

I know our beat reporter isn't the greatest, however I'm not surprised by this little tidbit of news so I'm guessing its true and he'll be back quickly.

Old
01-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Avs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
I know our beat reporter isn't the greatest, however I'm not surprised by this little tidbit of news so I'm guessing its true and he'll be back quickly.
I'm sure anyone could have said this though. Half the season is already gone, the Avs aren't going to waste time being slow to negotiate with O'Reilly. Seems like a pretty safe statement to make, even without having any basis to it.

Old
01-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Wal Nichushkin
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
adater ‏@adater

When/if CBA deal done, talks between O'Reilly/Avs would begin "immediately"

Enjoy O'Reilly while you can, Russia.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Quote:
Why did you sign a contract for two years and not for the lockout period?

Depending on the terms of the contract I do not know how it is going to work out with the new CBA and what is going happen with Colorado. I do like Metallurg and playing there. I am definitely happy be there and playing with the team also.

Your agent Mark Guy told there is a clause in the contract which allows you to come back to the NHL, if the Colorado Avalanche would offer you a contract with the better conditions?

Yes if Colorado can, I accept it and return.

Would Magnitogorsk allow you to come back?

Yes, I will be able to leave.

I read the official KHL rules do not allow have a clause in the contract.

For my situation being involved in the NHL last year and not being on the contract I am in very unique situation compared with the most players on the contract. It is difficult to explain.
Full interview here: http://eurolanche.com/article.php?id=2304

I really doubt O'Reilly and his agent know more than Vorky but they seem to think he'll be able to leave.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:58 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Sounds bad to me.

Don't think we will see him in an Avs jersey in a year or two :/

Old
01-05-2013, 06:08 PM
electricjib

He sounds like its a little more about him than the team. I think how I read that interview, I can see why he's not the captain. And he sounds like a goner.

Duchene WANTS to stay in CO.

ROR is open to the opportunities for the "business".

Kind of comes off as a selfish *****... I think some of that could be how it was written as well.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Was Sakic a selfish ***** when he made a business decision and signed an offer sheet with the Rangers?

Old
01-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Danglesnipe
52-22-8

He's doing what's best for him. What is wrong with that?

It's just crappy negotiations from the Avalanche that have made this what it is. He was the best player on the team last year and they were playing hardball with him, it's their own fault.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Ceremony
Why Not Us?

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torr View Post
He's doing what's best for him. What is wrong with that?

It's just crappy negotiations from the Avalanche that have made this what it is. He was the best player on the team last year and they were playing hardball with him, it's their own fault.
You can't give a guy who had a career year of 55 points a big contract. Why does he deserve bigger than Duchene, as an example?

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
01-05-2013, 07:42 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Was Sakic a selfish ***** when he made a business decision and signed an offer sheet with the Rangers?
Yes.

As was practically every pro player in every sport ever.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:51 PM
chet1926

After reading that article, I have to say ROR is as good as gone. It obvious that he and his agent are playing hardball with the Avs, meaning they are asking for either too many years at too high a rate something like 7yrs @ 5M + or they are asking for high money on a short contract like 6M+ on a 2 yrs deal.

Either way he doesn't deserve either. I can't fault the guy for asking the world but we shouldn't cave and give the world when he hasn't really proved anything. One year where he was given an opportunity to play with our best player (Landeskog) all year doesn't mean jack. If Landy had played with Duchene or Stastny all year O'Reilly wouldn't have lead the team in scoring, its all relative.

It looks like we have a Turris situation going on with ROR, hopefully we can trade him for a quality dman.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

You guys are reading way too much between the lines. We have no idea about what he is asking for or what Avs have offered.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

vCash: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
You guys are reading way too much between the lines. We have no idea about what he is asking for or what Avs have offered.
Really.
If he's trying to be as neutral as possible, he nailed it.
Said that if the Avs offer him a good contract, he will come back.
He said he likes playing in Colorado, and his team(mates).

We have to remember that the NHL and NHLPA are currently fighting over salary, years and everything in between. O'Reilly can't exactly act like a giddy schoolgirl about making a return.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
After reading that article, I have to say ROR is as good as gone. It obvious that he and his agent are playing hardball with the Avs, meaning they are asking for either too many years at too high a rate something like 7yrs @ 5M + or they are asking for high money on a short contract like 6M+ on a 2 yrs deal.

Either way he doesn't deserve either. I can't fault the guy for asking the world but we shouldn't cave and give the world when he hasn't really proved anything. One year where he was given an opportunity to play with our best player (Landeskog) all year doesn't mean jack. If Landy had played with Duchene or Stastny all year O'Reilly wouldn't have lead the team in scoring, its all relative.

It looks like we have a Turris situation going on with ROR, hopefully we can trade him for a quality dman.
You got all that from that article? Did we read the same article?

Old
01-05-2013, 08:46 PM
chet1926

Quote:
You got all that from that article? Did we read the same article?
No, I've been saying all along that O'Reilly and his agents demands had to be excessively high or a deal would have been done. If O'Reilly and his agent had asked for Matt Duchene type money a deal would have been done. Its clears that since O'Reilly doesn't have a contract there had to have been some absurd demands. Its just logical deduction.

And you are right its not 100% like the Turris situation, its probably closer to the Doughty situation, a player thinking he is worth more than the team thinks he is worth. Except in this situation I don't see it ending with the player re-signing with his team.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:09 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
No, I've been saying all along that O'Reilly and his agents demands had to be excessively high or a deal would have been done. If O'Reilly and his agent had asked for Matt Duchene type money a deal would have been done. Its clears that since O'Reilly doesn't have a contract there had to have been some absurd demands. Its just logical deduction.

And you are right its not 100% like the Turris situation, its probably closer to the Doughty situation, a player thinking he is worth more than the team thinks he is worth. Except in this situation I don't see it ending with the player re-signing with his team.
I don't remember where they got it, but I have seen quite a few people post that someone reported the biggest difference was contract term.

O'Reilly wanted something like 5 years and the Avs wanted a shorter contract. Which goes with their cautious ways leading into the lockout.

Actually if you think about it... Giving O'Reilly a longer contract after the CBA is figured out makes a lot more sense than doing it prior to. I would imagine him, his agent, and the Avs all probably know that.

Notice that the only two players to receive longer contracts (4 yrs) were both UFA's? So... basically I don't get your assumptions that 'He thinks hes worth more than the team thinks hes worth'.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

Quote:
No, I've been saying all along that O'Reilly and his agents demands had to be excessively high or a deal would have been done.
Or both sides decided to wait until the CBA was signed because there very likely could've been changes to arbitration or RFA eligibility? No, that's crazy talk. O'Reilly and other high profile unsigned RFAs like Henrique, Benn, and Subban all just have excessively high demands.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Drij

Quote:
Yes, but the Rangers are not going to offer O'Reilly $16 million.

Closed Thread