HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
A tough question for me, as of now, but still a lot of time to change, let say we do pick 6-10, not interested in a d-man and you have a choice between Monahan and Shinkaruk. As of now....I'd have no idea what to do. I hope the rest of the year makes me decide.
I agree, Shinkaruk is more dynamic, but Monahan has everything you want in a player.

I'd risk it and take Hunter.

Old
01-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
Ristolainen would be a really solid pick IMO.
You're obviously biased

Old
01-05-2013, 05:04 PM
LeHabsMan

1. Seth Jones (Top pairing D with Subban)
2. Nathan Mackinnon <---- From here
3. Elias Lindholm (Absolutely LOVE him)
4. Jonathan Drouin
5. Alexander Barkov <---- To here is a toss up
6. Hunter Shinkaruk (Saw someone mention it, he is more of what Montreal needs)
7. Sean Monahan
8. Rasmus Ristolainen
9. Adam Erne
10. Ryan Pulock

Old
01-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
I think we 'need' Monahan more than Shinkaruk personally.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:15 PM
ChoseLa

This is gonna be a glorious 2nd round for the Habs, especialy if we can get another 2nd by trading some deadweight a la Kaberle. There's so much good players that should still be around in the second round.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Mathletic

Lukas Wallmark is now centering Nyström (Habs prospect) in the Allsvenskan. Should be interesting to see if they develop any chemisty. Wallmark is kind of flying under the radar at the moment. Really like him.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

At the Blainville game right now. Couple of things:

Trainor is ****ing lethal. We need him.
Gauthier is great 2-way but would need more agile feet and be more physical. But i like him.
Matteau is pissed off. Wonder why.
I like Mackinnon from Rimouski.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:05 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
How come? Hunter and Gally would be pretty good. 2 quick, offensively dynamic forwards.

Shinkaruk can play wing. Its a bonus.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Habs in da house. Bergevin Gallant and Boisvert.

Old
01-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
If the Habs could get a dominant two-way center like Barkov or Monahan that would be excellent. I think a big-bodied winger who can skate, ala Erne, would serve very well too. In terms of defense; if the Habs are picking in the top ten, then Jones and Pulock interest me.

I would say:

1. Jones
2. Barkov
3. MacKinnon
4. Lindholm
5. Monahan
6. Drouin
7. Erne
8. Pulock
9. Shinkaruk
10. Ristolainen

Old
01-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
How come? Hunter and Gally would be pretty good. 2 quick, offensively dynamic forwards.

Shinkaruk can play wing. Its a bonus.
Of course, the ruk and yuk duo could be great.

We have several smaller wingers in the system though, far more than potential #1 centers.

Quote:
Habs in da house. Bergevin Gallant and Boisvert.
They seem to have been to a lot of Rimouski games. Gauthier, Morin and Kostalek are going to be names to watch for us on draft day.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:01 PM
paddy

Quote:
A tough question for me, as of now, but still a lot of time to change, let say we do pick 6-10, not interested in a d-man and you have a choice between Monahan and Shinkaruk. As of now....I'd have no idea what to do. I hope the rest of the year makes me decide.
J. Staal or Parise. I pick Parise.

Personally, I prefer dynamic players. I see a lot of Parise in Shinkaruk.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:06 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
J. Staal or Parise. I pick Parise.

Personally, I prefer dynamic players. I see a lot of Parise in Shinkaruk.
I doubt that Shinkaruk will be as good as Parise while Monahan might put better offensive numbers than J. Staal.

Monahan for me.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:18 PM
paddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
I doubt that Shinkaruk will be as good as Parise while Monahan might put better offensive numbers than J. Staal.

Monahan for me.
Just a comparison. No one is saying these guys guys will be as good as established NHL stars. These are just prospects...

I was establishing a parallel between these guys and saying that it's like picking between Staal and Parise, two very good players with their distinctive strengths and weaknesses. It's up to personnal preferences and team needs.

Personnaly, I prefer dynamic players that play an up-tempo game versus the guy with great fundamentals who plays smart.

It's the same reason I prefer Lindholm to Barkov.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Shinkaruk. He is very dynamic, should be able to put all the tools together to be a Pat Kane comparable. We have a more dynamic version of Monahan in Galchenyuk. Both would be excellent picks though.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:58 PM
SOLR

Quote:
We don't need Shinkaruk at all imo. He's very good, but same ingredients as we have.

Old
01-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Of course, the ruk and yuk duo could be great.

We have several smaller wingers in the system though, far more than potential #1 centers.

They seem to have been to a lot of Rimouski games. Gauthier, Morin and Kostalek are going to be names to watch for us on draft day.
Rimouski also has Desrosiers Oke and Gravel that could get drafted. Plus there is gagne whom they offered a contract and BBA has a nice prospect in Roy who should go 2nd round maybe 3rd.

Old
01-05-2013, 11:54 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Final thought on my Blainville-Boisbriand night:

1- Jam packed. Fun game based on how it turned out thanks to the mediocrity of Rimouski's goalie Hozjan who gave away the tying goal while behind the net and passing to a BB player. And was so ****ed because of it that he looked awful on the game winning goal. But fun for the fans. BB was losing with less than 3 minutes to go

2- Reason why stars of the game are so misleading. They gave the 1st star to Tesink who scored the game winning goal....I' ve never seen Tesink played such a bad game in my life. Bad efforts all night long, lacked interest, bad choices and so on. A really really bad game....1st star.

3- In the end, Gauthier was rather invisible. But you do admire his hockey sense. Based solely on today, you do appreciate how committed he is to his defensive game. But all and all, this was not the game to shine for him

4- I have to say, I am absolute sold on Kostalek. Not sure where in the draft. But he's a pick I'd made. Not the biggest, we know he also suck at fighting (didn't fight today), but he's so often well positioned, he has a great stick positioned, nice passes, got shifted once by Giroux, good skater. Remains to be seen about the offensive side of his game though. But he's a nice project

5- Should I repeat that I want to have Peter Trainor either drafted or signed as a UFA. Lethal as a scorer, nice pass on the assist he had

6- Not sold on DeLuca despite the great wrister he showed on the top corner beating Marcoux, who I thought, had better games though. But he doesn't have a great overall game, defensively, in the middle zone etc. I didn't see him until that goal and dissapeared once again

7- Undrafted guys I liked, like I mentioned there were: MacKinnon and Gagné from Rimouski. Undrafted '95 that I was going to see was Giant Morin, who I wasn't too impressed with. Tough to see the upside, no offensive game from him, nice speed, but he has to be in the category of "incredibly raw projects". Gravel was ok at times, nothing earth shattering.

8- For BB, while there are no interest from me from 95' born, except for one guy I'll talk after but I just wanted to say this: George Laraque junior euh....I mean...Yasin Cissé loves to bring energy but as far as a hockey player is concerned....he's not going anywhere even if he got what, the hardworking player of the game....yes, good job. But it will need more than that to develop into a hockey player. I'm not getting it from him. Matteau was pissed off, like I mentioned, and showed 1 time, what a good power forward he could become. Using some speed, and cutting inside to drive the net. That was fun to see. A big guy, who I might suggest a little overweight....but looked immensely big. Had no problem going at it with giant 6'6'' Morin. And I still like Cédric Paquette very much.

9- Marc Olivier Roy: Only late 94' I was interested in and despite the goal though thanks to the great Paquette pass, I'm not sold on his hockey sense. And that's usually a big no-no for me. He had a lot of problems in his zone. So tonight was not the night to sell me some Roy but hey.....I didn't have any night to sold me some Hudon last year....

That's it folks. Good night.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:13 AM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Lukas Wallmark is now centering Nyström (Habs prospect) in the Allsvenskan. Should be interesting to see if they develop any chemisty. Wallmark is kind of flying under the radar at the moment. Really like him.
Perhaps one of the smartest playmakers in the whole draft, too bad he can't skate. He is also very injury prone, he's had lots of weird foot and knee inuries I think. This is a high risk player, could become a great player if his skating improves (a lot) and if he can stay healthy.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

Thank god there won't be any bizarre lottery.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:36 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
The first draft pick this year will be Seth Jones and the impact that he will have on the team that chooses him will be immense.IMO he will have the same type of impact that Paul Coffey had in Edmonton when he joined them.With a season of hockey about to begin the Habs have a very good chance of drafting first overall.So the Habs could skip a couple of years rebuilding with him and the others they can get in the 2nd round.Let's hope for the best and maybe just maybe it will happen Go Habs Go!

Old
01-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

For the record, I predict we will be 5th in the lottery. Which still means a great prospect.

CBJ, NYI, TOR and an unknown team at this time will be in the top 4.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
For the record, I predict we will be 5th in the lottery. Which still means a great prospect.

I think Toronto gets Luongo and they end up picking around 12-14. He'll have a lot to prove there.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think Toronto gets Luongo and they end up picking around 12-14. He'll have a lot to prove there.
Agreed, I think the Leafs finish higher then us again

Old
01-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Agreed, I think the Leafs finish higher then us again
They won't be higher than us but they'll be higher than teams like NYI Ottawa TB Florida Winnipeg and maybe New Jersey or Carolina. plus I'm sure there will be at least one "lock" that will miss the playoffs with a 48/50 game schedule.

Closed Thread