HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Zil

vCash: 500
I think it's a lot more likely that they have him focusing heavily on the defensive side of the game right now and he's overthinking things, rather than he's just taking it easy.

Old
01-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I agree that Kreider is not playing great, but to say that his situation is not affecting his production is off base.

He is and was never going to be a player who carries the mail for an offense, carrying the puck and setting up plays all over the ice. His upside is an "elite complimentary player". When he gets the puck in the slot it's buried. When he gets a pass at speed in the neutral zone he's gone.

Playing with no legitimate playmaking centers and a defense who can't execute a breakout let alone spring him with a stretch pass is affecting his ability to score.
The bold is a huge key, as well. Every where he has been successful has had a playmaker around him.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
01-04-2013, 10:53 PM
M Gaz
Who needs a captain?

McIlrath opened up a can of whoop ass on that guy. Nice to see him sticking up for his teammates. Can't wait to see him on the big club.

Old
01-05-2013, 02:30 AM
eco's bones

Was looking at the Phantoms stats--Schenn is a point per game player but a -13. Couturier is a bit under a point per game. One might think that guys likes that would be really racking up the points as well. It's a team game and the AHL is not always an easy league to play in. I'm sure other teams are aware of Kreider's speed and what he likes to do and it's not just the lack of d-men making stretch passes or playmaking centers. I don't agree that Chris is in Hartford just taking it easy--I just think he needs to figure out how to be more effective. This is a learning experience. Keeping in mind as well--he doesn't have Hagelin racing down the other wing or scoring threats like Gaborik or Richards that other teams are paying attention to and the defense in Hartford is kind of limited.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Vitto79

checked out some highlights, So Gilroy is playing LD with McIlrath RD?...........smart if so cause the Rangers dont have a 4th LD in case of injury and DZ would still need to be signed aswell.

Old
01-05-2013, 11:04 AM
NYR425

MacIlrath

I just watched to youtube of McIlrath last night. I am sorry to those that I will offend with this but he is an absolute beast. After Bourgue was hit he went in and beat the snot out of Fitzgerald. That is what you call a deterrent. There will be no cheap shots given out with him in the lineup. He will make the others around him play bigger and better just by being in the lineup. No need to worry about players going after Gabby or Richards. That alone makes him worthy of the #10 pick in the draft. All you Tarasenko supporters need to shut your mouths and move on. Drafting a Russian player in round one is a crap shoot. Dylan is a sure thing, worse case a #6 mean, nasty, intimidator. Best case becomes a #3 shut down defender who intimidates. That type of player is very very rare. You can not find many. Players like Tarasenko are available every year.

Old
01-05-2013, 11:40 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers

Talk about The Undertaker

Old
01-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR425 View Post
I just watched to youtube of McIlrath last night. I am sorry to those that I will offend with this but he is an absolute beast. After Bourgue was hit he went in and beat the snot out of Fitzgerald. That is what you call a deterrent. There will be no cheap shots given out with him in the lineup. He will make the others around him play bigger and better just by being in the lineup. No need to worry about players going after Gabby or Richards. That alone makes him worthy of the #10 pick in the draft. All you Tarasenko supporters need to shut your mouths and move on. Drafting a Russian player in round one is a crap shoot. Dylan is a sure thing, worse case a #6 mean, nasty, intimidator. Best case becomes a #3 shut down defender who intimidates. That type of player is very very rare. You can not find many. Players like Tarasenko are available every year.
Did he get a lot of minutes? Was he put on the PK?

Old
01-05-2013, 11:56 AM
daggs94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Did he get a lot of minutes? Was he put on the PK?
He played on the PK, from what I saw (granted I'm no expert) he looked solid all game, only once did I notice him go for a big hit that took him out of the play and lead to a small odd man rush but it wasn't bad, he didn't play on the PP at all but special teams aside he and gilroy were out on the ice what seemed like every other shift (until he got his 10 min misconduct he didn't return after that)

Old
01-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggs94 View Post
He played on the PK, from what I saw (granted I'm no expert) he looked solid all game, only once did I notice him go for a big hit that took him out of the play and lead to a small odd man rush but it wasn't bad, he didn't play on the PP at all but special teams aside he and gilroy were out on the ice what seemed like every other shift (until he got his 10 min misconduct he didn't return after that)
That's great to hear. Hope he keeps it up.

Old
01-05-2013, 12:33 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR425 View Post
That type of player is very very rare. You can not find many. Players like Tarasenko are available every year.
Nasty, fighting defensemen are very rare and players with Tarasenko's skill set are available every year?

The downside you described is Stu Bickel. Players with Tarasenko's skill set are available every year, sure - but only if you have a top 3 pick.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Roo Mad Bro
Morin & Hägg

Flyers fan stopping by.

Flyers website is broadcasting the the Whale vs Phantoms game tonight on their website.

Link: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|PHI|home

McIlrath just got in another fight (2 in 2 nights). Short fight vs Oliver Lauridsen (6'6 220 lbs) and McIlrath won.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Osminator

McI totally stunned the Phantom in the fight. Booya.
Talbot with an idiot move to keep the play going, should have frozen the puck. Phantoms up 1-0.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Osminator

Parlett and Pyett having AWFUL games so far, Gilroy not far behind. Eek.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Phantoms announcer sounds like Tom Brokaw.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Osminator

did all game feeds just die?

Old
01-05-2013, 07:47 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Stream just came back for me

01-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Miz

Gilroy offensively looks good...but my god he should not be playing defense. Consistently takes himself out of position to make a play in the O zone

Old
01-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Flyers fan stopping by.

Flyers website is broadcasting the the Whale vs Phantoms game tonight on their website.

Link: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|PHI|home

McIlrath just got in another fight (2 in 2 nights). Short fight vs Oliver Lauridsen (6'6 220 lbs) and McIlrath won.
Late, but thanks for the link.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Kershaw

Kreider is definitely playing like he doesn't want to get hurt. No sense of urgency in OT.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:46 PM
LeetchisGod
1 cup in 74 years

Any whale watchers know what has happened to Kyle Jean? He's really disappeared after that hot start.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Nasty, fighting defensemen are very rare and players with Tarasenko's skill set are available every year?

The downside you described is Stu Bickel. Players with Tarasenko's skill set are available every year, sure - but only if you have a top 3 pick.
The Rangers drafted McIlrath... how about we root for our prospect...

It is what it is man... You'll be rooting harder than anyone else when he beats the balls off of a Flyer who runs (Insert favorite Ranger here)...

It's not fair to the kid to give him a rough time bc some guy who he met twice thought he was a better player than a Russian kid playing hockey 8,000 miles away...

Old
01-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Kershaw

McIlrath looked good. He made a couple of awkward falls, but he's played really well defensively and beats the pulp out of anyone looking at him the wrong way. He is an easy player to like if he's on your side.

Old
01-05-2013, 10:19 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
The Rangers drafted McIlrath... how about we root for our prospect...

It is what it is man... You'll be rooting harder than anyone else when he beats the balls off of a Flyer who runs (Insert favorite Ranger here)...

It's not fair to the kid to give him a rough time bc some guy who he met twice thought he was a better player than a Russian kid playing hockey 8,000 miles away...
I'll be rooting for McIlrath, of course. There's no reason for me to wish poorly for him, I just think don't think that pretending we made an incredibly wise decision in selecting him is in order.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:27 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers

Undertaker drops them early

Closed Thread