HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2012 Draft Steals

Old
01-04-2013, 02:18 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
too soon to call anyone a steal. Laleggia and Jujhar Khaira have went beast mode since the draft
I don't think I'd go that far

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Collberg could be added to the list as well. It is a toss up, but I think he could have gone in the 1rst round. At least the end of it....
I would hardly consider Collberg a steal. I get that the guy has talent but I don't get the continued swooning over this guy. He's now played 62 games in the SEL and all he has to show for it is 2 measly assists. The guy is going to have to produce to even make it to the NHL let alone be considered a steal.

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:36 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Definitely not. He's looked terrible all year
Agreed, and he wasn't that good last year too. Can't believe he went in the 4th, would've drafted him 6th and on.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
I would hardly consider Collberg a steal. I get that the guy has talent but I don't get the continued swooning over this guy. He's now played 62 games in the SEL and all he has to show for it is 2 measly assists. The guy is going to have to produce to even make it to the NHL let alone be considered a steal.
Sometimes stats aren't everything. He played for Frolunda. They are notoriously bad for developing their young talent and playing them in prime minutes. He has to work with 4rth line minutes in a hard to play league. If he would be playing prime minutes or playing in the CHL he would put up numbers. His play at the WJC was an indication that he can compete with the best of his age. I am not worried with his lack of production.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 09:57 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
Have you not watched him in the WJC's at all? It shows what he can do when he actually gets decent minutes, instead of 4th line minutes.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:33 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlms13 View Post
I'll bite...

not quite top 10 but getting Filip Forsberg at 11 was pretty lucky for the Caps
I'd agree, same with Grigorenko. Couturier was last years imo. Happens every year. Steals are players that should not be there when you draft. Nail Yakupov, the consensus #1 would theoretically have been a steal if taken by Columbus.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:01 AM
ALI

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Agreed, and he wasn't that good last year too. Can't believe he went in the 4th, would've drafted him 6th and on.
In his draft year he was making a case to go to the first round on lots of people's list he was to go 25-35 but i guess he fell like a lot of people but saying that he should have gone in the 6th just shows you were not watching him last year. Its true that he is having a bad season this year but hopefully he is traded to a good team and will show you why he can be consider a steal in the 4th round.

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:44 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI View Post
In his draft year he was making a case to go to the first round on lots of people's list he was to go 25-35 but i guess he fell like a lot of people but saying that he should have gone in the 6th just shows you were not watching him last year. Its true that he is having a bad season this year but hopefully he is traded to a good team and will show you why he can be consider a steal in the 4th round.
Lol what? He was in no way a possible first round pick. You can't seriously think he's on par with guys like Finn and Pokka. He is what he is, a gamble on a prospect with bottom 4 upside, but probably nothing. He's a decent pick in the 4th round, but no steal

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote