HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2013, 10:15 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks3 View Post
I would like to see Kuchemy back. I think Dekort definatley needs more ice but should get Jr.B experience first.
Kuchmey allowed 7 goals in his last start vs Leamington thursday nite,although
his ga ave is a respectable 2.66 for a bad team

Old
01-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks3 View Post
I would like to see Kuchemy back. I think Dekort definatley needs more ice but should get Jr.B experience first.
Dekort had an entire year of Jr. B experience already. He needs more OHL experience now.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:49 AM
punch1943

NHL DEAL How will it Affect OHL

NHL has a deal with the players depending on ratification. They want to start as soon as possible to get the most games played. Talk of starting in less than a week depending on availability of Arenas and of players. Ten year deal with opt out at 8yrs.
This has to mean OHL trade deadline will be extended... no way around that.

OHL trade deadline probably being pushed back a week..Opening of NHL training camp either Wed, Thur or Fri. Depends on ratification.

Last edited by punch1943: 01-06-2013 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Additional information
Old
01-06-2013, 06:19 AM
Hawks3

I'm not really sure that i'm excited. all of a sudden they expect everyone to drop what they are doing and start cheering for NHL games. This strike has affectted many lives, from OHL hockey, AHL, and what about the guys that had a shot at a NHL tryout in September they wont get called right now, the concession stand workers etc. etc. I know we can't do anything about it but it still really pisses me off.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:56 AM
punch1943

Will Potential OHL Trading be Slowed because of Trading deadline Extension

Just wondering out loud now that NHL has a potential deal in place how it will affect the OHL trading that would have been in high gear on Monday. Will WR jump in with both feet or will he wait, figuring on a trading deadline extension, in hopes of hitting a grand slam on a couple of deals.

Potential deals that would get the Spits the best returns would have to include Koko, Pavelka and possibly Vail. If WR has a deal already in place for Koko I'd suspect it gets done tout de suite.

With the new cap in the NHL some OHL teams may be affected adversely, losing players they were counting on and pushing them from buyers to sellers. Certainly that shouldn't affect the Spits as nobody on our roster is NHL ready.(a good number aren't OHL ready)

I see that both Saginaw & Erie picked up points last night....things are getting worse for us as we twiddle our thumbs.....

Old
01-06-2013, 07:17 AM
hullsy47

im wondering if the NHL will just have junior aged players remain with their clubs for the balance of the year ......they could piss off alot of grass root fans ,could alter the whole season in junior hockey across canada ....i guess its buyer beware ....the spits have better leverage now knowing the players they have on the block are not heading to a training camp .but this could alter junior hockey across the board

Old
01-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
im wondering if the NHL will just have junior aged players remain with their clubs for the balance of the year ......they could piss off alot of grass root fans ,could alter the whole season in junior hockey across canada ....i guess its buyer beware ....the spits have better leverage now knowing the players they have on the block are not heading to a training camp .but this could alter junior hockey across the board
I think it will be team to team, but I could see most jr players staying in junior for the season as there will be no real camp and be pretty hectic start to the season - better off going with vets, and not burning a rookie contract year on a shortened season.

We're not going to lose anybody, but Koko's potential value will be much higher if Strome and Hamilton are in the NHL, not to mention our import pick from the Ice Dogs will be better if both are in the NHL with no return for Niagara.

Other than the Niagara pair, which other players could head to the NHL from the OHL? Can't see Olli Maata leaving right? Scott Harrington?

Old
01-06-2013, 10:21 AM
punch1943

OHL trade deadline

OHL Comp Committee meeting tomorrow to discuss OHL trade deadline (Jan 10) and whether it should move due to lockout.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:44 AM
dirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
OHL Comp Committee meeting tomorrow to discuss OHL trade deadline (Jan 10) and whether it should move due to lockout.
That Jan 10 date is a Hockey Canada deadline date...interesting to see what happens as it will have a trickle down effect on Tier 2 Jr. A as well....usually at the deadline some OHL players are released and are left scrambling for cards on Jr. A teams...extending the date will have to be approved by Hockey Canada as well?

Old
01-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Libbs

OK...so where is it now?

Quote:
In exchange for Campbell, Windsor receives players Mackenzie Braid and Patrick Sieloff along with six draft choices: Kingston's 3rd in 2012, Windsor's 2nd in 2013, Erie's 3rd in 2013, Owen Sound's 2nd in 2014, Saginaw's 2nd in 2014, Sault Ste. Marie's 2nd in 2015 and Sault Ste. Marie's 15th in 2016 (conditional).
EDIT: It has to be the one we sent to Barrie for Devlin:

Quote:
Barrie sends second-year defenceman Brandon Devlin to Windsor in exchange for a second round draft pick in 2013, and a conditional 15th round pick.
We need that pick back, lol. Do we have anything Barrie might want?

Last edited by Libbs: 01-06-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old
01-06-2013, 10:51 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
OK...so where is it now?
Did it go to Barrie for Devlin or to Erie for Marchese? If so

Old
01-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Did it go to Barrie for Devlin or to Erie for Marchese? If so
I'm still tracking it!

That pick (with conditions) went to Saginaw in the Camara/O'Conner deal:

BAR
Eric Locke
Clint Windsor
2nd Rnd '12
Sag's 2nd Rnd '13
Wsr's 2nd Rnd '13 (cond.)

SAG
Ryan O'Connor
Anthony Camara

Of all places to end up... another rebuilding team. It seems to have stopped in Saginaw.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Ottomatic

And Saginaw is selling themselves, so that ain't going anywhere. We have to see if any of the buying teams have second rounders from Petes, Erie etc.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:43 AM
izzys

Dalton Young
Justin Kea
windsors 2nd

for

ebert
bateman
johnson
2nd in 2014
3or 4 in 2015

Old
01-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
Dalton Young
Justin Kea
windsors 2nd

for

ebert
bateman
johnson
2nd in 2014
3or 4 in 2015
Why on earth would they do that?

Old
01-06-2013, 12:11 PM
punch1943

A Few Tweets by Others..

Everybody follows twitter....Here are a few tweets from people I follow..

I'm certainly not trying to take any credit here...Just putting them up for those that haven't seen them.............................

I think it just went from a buyers market to a sellers market in the OHL.

Niagara's rebuilding plan took a swift kick in the stomach. Went from getting huge return for Strome, Ritchie, Hamilton to possibly nothing.

(London) Yes, The unamed goaltender I have been hearing about is John Gibson. Do I think we need him? Absolutely not.

Ontario Hockey League considering changing its trade deadline to allow its teams to comprehend impact new NHL CBA has on its rosters

Interesting to see if NHL changes 10-game rule before pro contract kicks in. Would think length would be cut in half.

GMs wait to see rules on call ups on juniors but Boone Jenner likely to be at CBJ camp. Matt Dumba may be only u/a in MIN camp. Not set tho.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:29 PM
nelli27
Danny Gallivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Kuchmey allowed 7 goals in his last start vs Leamington thursday nite,although
his ga ave is a respectable 2.66 for a bad team
Yes, 2.66 is quite good in Jr. B--As well, there have been goalies who have struggled in Jr. B, and then played very well when called up to the O in the same season.

Last night, I found out your identity 'HockeyLegend11'! You are sorely missed by ALL fans around the league, and I wish you the very best.
Watch for Kuchmey's "rapier-like saves"!

Old
01-06-2013, 12:32 PM
izzys

Quote:
Why on earth would they do that?
They wouldn't but it would be cool if they did lol haha

Old
01-06-2013, 12:33 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
Everybody follows twitter....Here are a few tweets from people I follow..

I'm certainly not trying to take any credit here...Just putting them up for those that haven't seen them.............................

I think it just went from a buyers market to a sellers market in the OHL.

Niagara's rebuilding plan took a swift kick in the stomach. Went from getting huge return for Strome, Ritchie, Hamilton to possibly nothing.

(London) Yes, The unamed goaltender I have been hearing about is John Gibson. Do I think we need him? Absolutely not.

Ontario Hockey League considering changing its trade deadline to allow its teams to comprehend impact new NHL CBA has on its rosters

Interesting to see if NHL changes 10-game rule before pro contract kicks in. Would think length would be cut in half.

GMs wait to see rules on call ups on juniors but Boone Jenner likely to be at CBJ camp. Matt Dumba may be only u/a in MIN camp. Not set tho.
This is why Rychel needs to be a seller and rebuild, a seller has just left the market in Niagara. Teams will be looking elsewhere I am sure teams wouldn't mind a guy like Vail for a run this year and next year, Sieloff a very solid d, Rychel(yes it won't happen) but a team could use a forward that picks up scraps in front of the net to score goals. I realize it probably won't happen but you need to at least dangle those guys for prospective buyers if Rychel isn't he's not doing his job.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:42 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelli27 View Post
Yes, 2.66 is quite good in Jr. B--As well, there have been goalies who have struggled in Jr. B, and then played very well when called up to the O in the same season.

Last night, I found out your identity 'HockeyLegend11'! You are sorely missed by ALL fans around the league, and I wish you the very best.
Watch for Kuchmey's "rapier-like saves"!
Nelli

Thanx for the kind words,in regards to Kuchmey I was actually pointing players through out the organization were struggling too
He is real good goalie not big but excellent rebound control

Old
01-06-2013, 01:03 PM
cfaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
This is why Rychel needs to be a seller and rebuild, a seller has just left the market in Niagara. Teams will be looking elsewhere I am sure teams wouldn't mind a guy like Vail for a run this year and next year, Sieloff a very solid d, Rychel(yes it won't happen) but a team could use a forward that picks up scraps in front of the net to score goals. I realize it probably won't happen but you need to at least dangle those guys for prospective buyers if Rychel isn't he's not doing his job.
When you take into account how they are playing, the way their roster looks going forward and how they will be handcuffed the next few seasons due to sanctions I agree this should happen.

The problem is with Windsor declaring themselves a bidder for the Memorial Cup next season Rychel cannot sell off his key vets and still hope to be successful in the bidding process.

The only way Windsor has any shot at hosting next season is keeping the players you mentioned along with a couple of others and know for sure that all their flyers are going to pan out. Any players who will not be back next season or anyone who is not contributing and not likely to be a key piece next season should be on the table.

Vail, Rychel and the others who will return and contribute need to stay only because of the bid.

With everything it will take to make this a successful bid, personnel and asset wise this team will be set back 3 or 4 years if they are successful in winning the bid.

If they are unsuccessful then just the process itself will set them back another season since they will hold those pieces that can be moved to start rebuilding and restocking draft picks.

I think the organization is intent on winning the bid this time around regardless of the future since if they know they do not have a legitimate shot at hosting before 2020 with the sanctions affecting them the next 4 or 5 seasons. They will have no shot at the hosting duties in 2017 because of the sanctions so I would guess it is an all in attitude for the hosting duties next year.

Egos and lack of patience are going to negatively affect this franchise going forward.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:06 PM
hockeyboy4

what are the chances of posa and emerson clark getting sent away?

Old
01-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
what are the chances of posa and emerson clark getting sent away?
Given we are already playing with an open OA spot since the Schoenmakers trade, I'd say slim and none. Especially when compounded by our lack of depth, lack of leadership and the Bilcke injury.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Pukhogg

Quote:
Dekort had an entire year of Jr. B experience already. He needs more OHL experience now.
His SA% has been top if the league since the end of September. He also played in the Allstar game this year. He now has a SA 92.9% with 866 shots and has allowed 66 goals. I agree Dekort needs experience and would be better for his development if he were playing in Jr.B on a regular basis. Sitting on the bench in the OHL getting rusty is not helping him. Lets see how many NHL goalies who haven't been playing during the lockout have their GAA affected. Im sure you will see a few goalies affected by lack if play.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Ottomatic

Assuming Khokhlachev comes back - could the NHL settling make Rychel think twice about trading him away. If the Galchenyuk's, Hamilton's, Stromes, Schaiffle's all head to the show, sure it becomes a sellers market, but OTOH all those teams are losing their best player and we'd be getting ours back - does WR think about keeping Koko? I mean bidding on the Mem Cup next year, you wouldn't think so, but given how he wanted the kings ransom for Kassian and Ellis and became a buyer when nobody would pay his price - will he do the same now?

Closed Thread