Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 WJHC Tournament

Old
01-05-2013, 09:13 AM
lacrosseguy

vCash: 500
Congrats on your win, well deserved !
Lucia, will be a good one, not much opportunity thus from a stats perspective quiet, however I love his upside, going to be a good pro, Watched him last year in RBC Cup.

lacrosseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:45 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 50
Congrats USA!

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:19 AM
a79krgm

Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
The energy guys made all the difference. What an effort by Rocco Grimaldi. I'm sure he will never have such a moment like this again. Congrats to Phill Housley and his staff for putting together a first class team.

GO USA !!!

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Congrats USA.

Well done.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:57 AM
The Boyle Sisters
six dollar papers

Thank you for beating the Swedes like I knew you would do. Also, congratulations on your well deserved gold medal.

The Boyle Sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 03:01 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

'MERICA!

x

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Sportsfan1

Congratulations USA, suck it Canada, haha! Great game to watch and great tournament, US kept getting better and better, couldn't be happier for all the Minnesotans on the team in particular. Boy I'd like to have Seth Jones though. Oh well, congrats boys!

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:07 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Congrats Team USA!!!

Go cry in your beer, Don Cherry. Seriously, I like the guy, but lost some respect for him based on some of his comments this week. Sometimes it's best to keep your trap shut, dude. Sore loser, much?

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Sportsfan1

I lost respect for Don Cherry after Clutterbuck comments and he's gotten worse since.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Cherry is wrong and he should feel bad.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 10:24 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Cherry is wrong and he should feel bad.
If Americans or Europeans can't play in the CHL, then the Canadians can't be poking their noses in and taking roster spots overseas or in any other minor leagues in the States. Tack on college hockey as well. Quite honestly, if an American player takes the spot from a Canadian kid in the CHL, then that Canadian kid wasn't good to begin with.

And I'll leave it at that. Don't want to start a war. Leave that up to Cherry.

And for the record, I love Canada.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Dr Jan Itor

I like America taking credit for the gold medal that Teows was a part of. Suck it.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:31 AM
Ovechkid08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I like America taking credit for the gold medal that Teows was a part of. Suck it.
Sorry what? I absolutely loathe Toews even ignoring the fact that he was a sioux, the shootout itself is a ridiculous way to decide games and with the same shooter multiple times? So dumb but whatever thats the past.

In any case it was a good tourney and the U.S team played a very interesting style and a fun one IMO. There was no one out there with the speed of the americans and that's how they beat their opponents. The conditioning of this team was amazing, they weren't nearly the most skilled but every single line was filled with speed and hustle, when you win every single battle to the puck your opponents will always break and leave openings and that's how the US struck and took advantage, Gibson provided the big stops when needed and gave the US great reactionary opportunities and the forwards came up big when they had their chances.

Kind of the reason that I think Lucia played the bench role in the key games, he was clearly a step behind speed-wise from the rest of the ludicrously fast bottom 6 that the US utilized. Grimaldi made a lot of bad plays and turnovers but he was so fast and worked to come back so his offensive chances outweighed the mistakes with a goalie like Gibson and strong defensive players to cover him, making him a very strong fwd for the team which lacked some offense that wasn't from the blueline. Gaudreau was a bit of the same thing, even with his lapses and weak, easily intercepted cross ice passes the team was able to cover and his offensive abilities were able to be utilized without hurting the team.

Trouba was easily the player of the tournament IMO (outside of goalies), he was amazing last year too but he took his game to a much larger role this year and ran wild. Seth Jones was good but not great IMO, he certainly has the physical tools and reminds me a lot of Erik Johnson pre injury, but there are still a lot of weaknesses to his game and he will need some adjustments to his defensive game to be a top defender in the NHL.

The Canadians were a huge disappointment and looked like a bunch of overrated divers throughout the entire tournament, Schiefele (wow he was awful), Hamilton and Murphy in particular were huge let-downs and embarrassing I'm sure for the Canadian fans. RNH played great at times and then disappeared for long stretches, Huberdeau I thought actually played quite well and better than I expected but only when he was with RNH, Canada was really dumb for playing Drouin on the top line. They should have switched Schiefele for Strome and kept RNH and Hubs together. Drouin was only mediocre, had chances but also a few turnovers that won't be acceptable at the next level and he didn't utilize his offensive chances well enough. Mackinnon was good in his limited role and looks to be a great cycler at the NHL level, definitively the top pick in my eyes.

Ovechkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:58 AM
Caior89

vCash: 353
Congratulations Murica!

Caior89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Definitely worth staying up and watching every game. USA! USA!

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
I lost respect for Don Cherry after Clutterbuck comments and he's gotten worse since.
Wait, you respected Cherry?

Typically when a goalie puts up sterling numbers, the defense in front of him deserves way more credit. I think that's the case for sure here. Granted Seth Jones and Trouba are studs, but Housley really seems to have gotten his D-men playing a very smart game in their end yet involved offensively as well. Just impressive.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote