HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Why would he leave then if the lockout is "supposed" to end in a week? Either he thinks the lockout is not going to end, or he does not intend on coming back.
Oh, and to answer this, if you google it, several media outlets have stated explicitly he'll be there until the end of the lockout. So yeah, he might think there is going to be no NHL this season, but if there is, he's going to be on his first flight back, make no mistake about it. A player that has a contract with an NHL team, especially a franchise defender, does not just decide to stay in the KHL, while the NHL is going on. This would be a breach of their NHL contract, and the contracts they sign with KHL teams have out clauses in them anyway.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Dynamo81

Some enjoyable matches last night/afternoon.

Amur vs Barys in 45 minutes. Probably not on TV, might stream it if I can find a stream, come on Gusev

Here is a question for some of you, who do you think will have a great season in the NHL once the lockout is over, Not talking about the likes of Makin, Datsyuk etc but do you see Ovechkin rediscovering old form after spending a few months with Backstrom or Kulyomin having a repeat of his 2010-11 season after playing with Malkin in the KHL, or maybe someone like Anisimov finally playing to his potential.

Maybe Tarasenko has a great year.

Any player regardless of nationality.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Human
cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Do you even watch the games? He made nothing look easy, it was a simple five hole soft goal, and a great pass by Mozyakin, and then a pretty lucky goal that some how got to Malkin through a between a lot of bodies on accident, Mozyakin was trying to score not pass, and then it somehow misses bodies and slides into net on a fanned shot by Malkin.

So please, I talked about 9 out of 10 playoff teams in January. First game of the month and yeah I'm wrong!!!! wooo you're right! I'm wrong, of course, Malkin is going to continue a streak of 2+ points per game against playoff teams.
somebody's ********...

Old
01-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
Here is a question for some of you, who do you think will have a great season in the NHL once the lockout is over
You mean if the lockout is over. I bet many European hockey fans don't wish for the lockout to end at this point. It's just too late, and it would definitely damage and distort the KHL season. I mean, the regular season is almost over here, and they're about to launch another regular season overseas?

PS: Sorry for not replying to the original question, but I'm still skeptical as to whether there'll be an NHL season this year.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Dynamo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
You mean if the lockout is over. I bet many European hockey fans don't wish for the lockout to end at this point. It's just too late, and it would definitely damage and distort the KHL season. I mean, the regular season is almost over here, and they're about to launch another regular season overseas?

PS: Sorry for not replying to the original question, but I'm still skeptical as to whether there'll be an NHL season this year.
I always enjoy going to Dynamo games although I don't go to games when they play at Balashikha arena. I even enjoyed last seasons KHL playoffs much more than the NHL Playoffs. So don't get me wrong I will be annoyed if the NHL lockout finishes.

But, I highly doubt that their will be no NHL season, hence the question. I will be more than happy for the stars to stay in the KHL until the end of the season and the lockout to continue but I doubt it will happen.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Ryker

Quote:

Well, I don't think he was limiting his question to this season. And I personally hope the lockout doesn't end this season, either, despite the NHL being the league I follow when it's in session. I totally agree with the distortion argument, as well.

To answer the question, I hope Bryzgalov will have an excellent season, as I'm a Flyers fan As far as Ovechkin is concerned, I think he'll be overshadowed by Malkin and sadly won't regain his old form, if only due to a different system Washington is now playing. And Anisimov? I don't know, hard to predict, since we don't know who he'd play with in Columbus. There aren't many that can help him there, and I doubt he can produce at, say, close to a PPG pace on his own. It'd be great if he did, though.

Old
01-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Dynamo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
S
Amur vs Barys in 45 minutes. Probably not on TV, might stream it if I can find a stream, come on Gusev
Goal and assist

Old
01-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Crowley

The KHL is a great league. I watched from Canada plenty. Really hoping for SKA to win the league this year. When it comes to the NHL to start, I think Vladimir Tarasenko will be a great NHL player. I enjoy watching him play.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:58 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Nikita Gusev and Ozhiganov are doing very well, I hope they will be back with CSKA sooner than later

Old
01-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Spektanto

Ak Bars vs Salavat Yulaev 9:2, and Kazan have 6 minutes to score more. If they do, who could expect that the biggest thrashing would be made in the Green Derby?

UPD: I was wrong, Salavat scored the third.

Last edited by Spektanto: 01-05-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old
01-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Dynamo81

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Nikita Gusev and Ozhiganov are doing very well, I hope they will be back with CSKA sooner than later
Gusev has looked good from what I have seen, still a work in progress but he is elevating his game playing a bigger role. I am not a big stats man although a lot of people in this forum (not this section but HF in general) do obsess about stats but I do like keeping track of it. In his last seven games he has collected 6 points. This is playing on the third worst side in the KHL. 8 points in 13 games for Amur is quite decent, in terms of Points Per Game with Amur he is the same as Antropov in the KHL.

Also a fan of Ozhiganov too, these moves to Amur have been very beneficial to both players and hopefully they have a great end to this season and can move onto bigger roles at CSKA.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:55 AM
Faterson

D-Day in Bratislava. Slovan has not lost in regulation at home for 7 straight games, while Magnitka shut out their opponents for 3 straight games. Which series comes to an end today? Possibly neither, but I'm predicting a 2-1 shootout win for Slovan, a pointless night for both Malkin & Moziakin, and no PPG for Magnitka.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:32 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
D-Day in Bratislava. Slovan has not lost in regulation at home for 7 straight games, while Magnitka shut out their opponents for 3 straight games. Which series comes to an end today? Possibly neither, but I'm predicting a 2-1 shootout win for Slovan, a pointless night for both Malkin & Moziakin, and no PPG for Magnitka.
Slovan has been very good on the defensive side of the puck and keeping the games low scoring. Its offense vs. defnse in this match up but if Magnitka can get a few power plays, Slovan will be toast. I'm picking Magntitka.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:34 AM
od71

Quote:
I hope fans in Bratislava won't forget to bring their hats to the stadium.
I believe they can appreciate state of the art hat-tricks even if opponent scores.

MMG just needs to score first goal and Slovan will be done with all respect to Slovac fans

Last edited by od71: 01-06-2013 at 01:54 AM.
Old
01-06-2013, 01:53 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Slovan has been very good on the defensive side of the puck and keeping the games low scoring. Its offense vs. defnse in this match up but if Magnitka can get a few power plays, Slovan will be toast.
I realize Magnitka has the best power-play in the KHL, but Slovan is among the best KHL teams in short-handed play, especially in recent months. That's exactly why I predicted no PPG for Magnitka today. I can't remember when was the last game that Slovan allowed a goal while short-handed. Of course, this can all collapse today.

Two of Slovan's regular defensemen, Štajnoch and Tabaček, are injured, and the replacement Mihálik has been extremely shaky this season, except in the very last game when he even scored the opening goal against Avtomobilist. Sigalet committed quite a few gaffes in recent games. If the NHL season starts soon and Višňovský with Sekera leave, Slovan will have to worry about making the play-offs at all.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:14 AM
Dynamo81

Will watch CSKA Vs Traktor followed by Slovan Vs MMG Should be two good games to finish the weekend.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:25 AM
EM71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
somebody's ********...
lol, my thoughts exactly.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:31 AM
kfjjagr

Can anyone verify if Malkin, Gonchar, Kulemin, O'Reilly etc are playing today for Magnitogorsk? Now that there is a verbal agreement on a new CBA?

Old
01-06-2013, 04:35 AM
Faterson

It would be very strange (not to mention disappointing for the sell-out crowd) if they didn't play, now that they are here, accommodated since yesterday at the Hilton hotel right next door to the arena...

http://reality.etrend.sk/komercne-ne...eho-hotel.html

Old
01-06-2013, 04:45 AM
od71

Quote:
It would be very strange (not to mention disappointing for the sell-out crowd) if they didn't play, now that they are here, accommodated since yesterday at the Hilton hotel right next door to the arena...

http://reality.etrend.sk/komercne-ne...eho-hotel.html
Yeah, definitely it looks like a luxure palace of ancient Kings. (lol!! No kidding)
I believe MMG will live up to the highest expectations of all hockey fans

Last edited by od71: 01-06-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old
01-06-2013, 06:21 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Lockout is over. I imagine lockout players will play today and that's it...other than perhaps the All-Star game thing that was mentioned before (not sure)...

Old
01-06-2013, 06:31 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM71 View Post
lol, my thoughts exactly.
No. You said something stupid and I slammed you for it. You used a 1 game sample to prove I was wrong about my prediction of a 10 game period.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:47 AM
VladNYC

Well this lockout thing is gonna **** everything up.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:58 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Nichushkin playing for Traktor today.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:11 AM
tohaa

so if Letang's not playing today, I guess he's not going to play at all then?

Closed Thread