Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Danish Hockey-"Mafia" in SM-liiga

Old
12-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHefe View Post
Basically every Danish player in Sm-Liiga has answered the expectations well. Most of them could easily be EHT-players if they represented Finland. Maybe 1-2 could even be in a WC-team?
Which danish players would you choose if you could make a WC team for Finland including them?

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Killerinstinct

vCash: 152
Danes could have a real good team in olympic games.. How is it decided which countries are in olympics?

Killerinstinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
Danes could have a real good team in olympic games.. How is it decided which countries are in olympics?
It's based on the ranking from former WC and Olympics. The best 9 teams are pre-qualified, so since Denmark is 12'th on the ranking we have to go through qualification.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IIHF_World_Ranking
Denmark will play at home in february with a group consisting of Belarus, Slovenia and Ukraine, where the winner will go to Sochi.

Without the NHL players available I would say Belarus will be the favourite, with NHL players it should be marginally Denmark, but the pressure will be huge on home ice.

Old
12-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Killerinstinct

Here`s hoping they qualify.

Old
12-28-2012, 06:29 AM
Justinov

Yesterday Mikkel Bødker scored twice in the Lukko's 3-2 win over Kärpät, with Frans Nielsen getting 1 assist. Very important win for Lukko which means they are still hanging in there having a chance for the playoffs. Their next games against Blues will be really critical since Blues are 3 points ahead.

Old
12-29-2012, 04:44 AM
QnebO

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko...---katso-video

A dane was in season first fight... Good for the league. Last years, there were fights in almost every round of the league. This has been very booring, and its good to see them drop the gloves. Linesmen act ridiculous, thought, and try to stop the fight way too actively.

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Justinov

Another great night of Mikkel Bødker production, and another win for Lukko 5-3 over Blues.

Mikkel Bødker 2G 1A
Frans Nielsen 0G 2A
Philip Larsen 0g 1A.

Otherwise Lars Eller got 1 assist and Jannik Hansen 1 goal in Tapparas 5-1 win over JYP;
while Nichlas Hardt was pointless in Jokerits 8-1 destruction of HIFK

Old
12-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnebO View Post
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko...---katso-video

A dane was in season first fight... Good for the league. Last years, there were fights in almost every round of the league. This has been very booring, and its good to see them drop the gloves. Linesmen act ridiculous, thought, and try to stop the fight way too actively.
SM-Liiga has banned the fights...you can see it from today's Helsinki derby where linesmen step in... and apparently if you (a player) fight you loose money... pathetic road SM-Liiga has chosen after the media BS that came from Peltonen-Ben-Amor case...

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Finnpin

Blues headcoach: Mikkel Bødker is amazing player

Hardt is still looking to get into form... he had very nice hard open ice hit today. That's what the team needs especially in playoffs time.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 06:07 AM
QnebO

Lockout ends. I sure follow them closely now in NHL. Great to watch them.

And sad for Lukko.. but I dont feel for them, hahaha Lets see if the Dane's points can keep them out of dropping to Mestis!

Old
01-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Killerinstinct

Quote:
And sad for Lukko.. but I dont feel for them, hahaha Lets see if the Dane's points can keep them out of dropping to Mestis!
Lukko has resources to react this. But off course it will be hard to replace these three phenomenal player.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:19 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
Lukko has resources to react this. But off course it will be hard to replace these three phenomenal player.
True, Lukko is the last team (after jokerit) in thea league, that would run out of money. They always have reasonable budget. You wouldn't expect it somehow, as Lukko feels like a small team from small town. It probably has something to do with the rich shipping companies in their harbory.

I just think they deserved this, that's why I laughed a bit when I heard about this. First they were rubbish, but then were so lucky with the lockout. They would've totally had a "Out of the jail" -card used if i was lockout for whole season.

I bet Lukko will react and probably they can keep Ilves behind them.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Killerinstinct

Quote:
It probably has something to do with the rich shipping companies in their harbory.
They own a cleaning company named RTK.

Quote:
I just think they deserved this, that's why I laughed a bit when I heard about this. First they were rubbish, but then were so lucky with the lockout. They would've totally had a "Out of the jail" -card used if i was lockout for whole season.
I see.. It wasn´t easy start for sure for Lukko this season but i believe they can do better without danes than they did first 6 games of season, with good flow what they have.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Lockout ends. I sure follow them closely now in NHL. Great to watch them.

Yes..suddenly it's all over. I will surely keep an eye on Lukko to see if they can avoid returning to the bottom-dwelling existence they had a the start of the season.

So to round up the achievements of the danish NHL players:

Mikkel Bødker 21G 10A in 29 matches and a +16 statistics. Overall just fantastic. He was constant in his production and with an incredible +/- statistics on a team where it's hard to be on the +side.
My oppinion: 5 stars (couldn't really be better).

Frans Nielsen 4G 20A in 27 matches and a +9 statistics. Good defence as always and a lot of assists.
My oppinion: 4½ stars (but maybe it's because I also set the bar high for Frans, but to few goals and missed penalties to get 5 stars.).

Jannik Hansen 7G 10A in 20 matches with +2 statistics. Generally good production, though a bit uneven. Has shown especially on some good assists, that he has good vision beside being a fighter.
My oppinion: 4 stars (solid, but not hitting that extra form he showed on some occasions with Vancouver last year).

Lars Eller 5G 10A in 15 matches with +2 statistics.
Started fantastically and seem to boost JYP getting his teammates also to play better, but in the last couple of games he entered a bit of a slump.
My oppinion: 4½ stars (the end slump prevents him from getting 5).

Philip Larsen 5G 10A in 27 matches with +11 statistics.
Played over 25 min basically every single match with good production, good on PP and also with an excellent defence.
My oppinion: 4½ stars (very important defensively for Lukko and also contributed to offence).

So none of the danish NHL players was even close to flop. They all contributed greatly to their teams.
It's up to Nichlas Hardt and Simon Nielsen then to continue where they left off. Nichlas Hardt finally scored after his second injury this year, and we will see if Simon Nielsen can get back in the net for Lukko and perform like he did last year.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
Check out Lukko's fan clubs FB page, and make sure to see the the pictures!

https://www.facebook.com/raumamboja?group_id=0

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:37 PM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Check out Lukko's fan clubs FB page, and make sure to see the the pictures!

https://www.facebook.com/raumamboja?group_id=0

Wow.. great fans and players! I like it, it's really original. Its not that kind of official media thing, it really is fans for the players and other way around!

Old
01-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Wow.. great fans and players! I like it, it's really original. Its not that kind of official media thing, it really is fans for the players and other way around!
The three danes were apparently very overwhelmed. Philip Larsen said according to the finnish news:
http://kiekkoareena.fi/jutut/kiekkoa...at-jaahyvaiset

Olen aika sanaton nyt. Niin hieno teko. Ollakseni rehellinen, en ole koskaan kokenut mitään tällaista, Larsen sanoi vakavana.
– Tämä on jotain, mikä ei varmasti unohdu koskaan. En usko, että edes Jevgeni Malkin tai Alexander Ovechkin saa tällaista huomiota tässä kohtaa.

The google-translate come up with this:

"I'm kind of speechless right now. Such a great thing to do. To be honest, I have never experienced anything like this, Larsen said gravely.

- This is something which will certainly never be forgotten. I do not think that even Evgeni Malkin or Alexander Ovechkin gets such attention at this point".

So thanks to all the finnish fans for taking such good care of our players