HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jan 6/13: CBA reached to end the Lockout. Rejoice! (Post#783)

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
If we have a typical October/November for the first month we're pretty much done.

Salary Arbitration Walkaways: Only if award is $3.5M or more.
Those starts have a lot to do with Luongo, Schneider has been playing overseas which will help. Season just got announced & the negativity is starting.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Orca Smash

I always chalked up our slow starts to the team not caring really in october. But i am guessing.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:50 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
A decade is better than 7 years. That's all I'm saying.

You can't guarantee what will happen in 10 years.
Way better and hopefully less likely to see a lockout not more. The only reason for a short CBA is because you want to get more from the next CBA and that means strike or lockout.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:50 AM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Those starts have a lot to do with Luongo, Schneider has been playing overseas which will help. Season just got announced & the negativity is starting.
It's not negativity, it's just tempering peoples expectations. Don't assume we're just going to cruise to a division title or playoff spot.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Tiranis

Luongo's slow starts have more to do with AV than Luongo. He never had any slow starts until he came to Vancouver. AV had them throughout his career.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
It's not negativity, it's just tempering peoples expectations. Don't assume we're just going to cruise to a division title or playoff spot.
With a shorter season and Justin Schultz helping the Oilers in an area they lack. Who knows

We have some injury troubles and i expect those to continue so..

Colorado is growing into a pretty good team too.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Orca Smash

Edmonton is going to be strong when it comes to goals, but they still lack defensive game imo right now, schultz is a great offensive guy. They could really use a shutdown guy who eats up minutes.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:54 AM
timw33

Forgot that NYR have Nash Gaborik Richards this year too, jesus.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Luongo's slow starts have more to do with AV than Luongo. He never had any slow starts until he came to Vancouver. AV had them throughout his career.
After this year, im really going to have a strong opinion of him, i could go either way right now. But after watching last years playoffs. I simply dont know

It was so painfully obvious what they were doing wrong and it just made me want to jump up and down and yell at the t.v.

Last year they goto the cup finals by coming out hard, crashing and banging and getting into the game physically and emotional and setting the tempo!

They start these last playoffs so freaking slow, that it was mind numbing, they were taking it casually, Bieksa like. lol

And not after any game did the coach say anything because each game was the same. I know the coach didn't demand that or else they woudl have maybe came out hard or gave an effort. Nothign was said. I think it was pretty clear that the coach just said go out there and play a smart game, blah blah, dont want to take dumb penalties, blah blah

Why change what worked for basically the same lineup last year

Old
01-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
Edmonton is going to be strong when it comes to goals, but they still lack defensive game imo right now, schultz is a great offensive guy. They could really use a shutdown guy who eats up minutes.
I wont be surprised if they make some additions on D this year, veteran free agent's, no big stars but they dont need big stars on D to make that a playoff team. Just big bodied veterans who play a sound defensive game

I think they have the players to fetch a couple in trades also. I'll be surprised if Magnus Paajarvi doesn't get traded, hes simply not doing well and maybe he needs a chance on another team, i sure hope its the canucks

Old
01-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Orca Smash

Bieksa better not come out of the gate lazy like he does at times, but can be a great player when he wants to. No nights off this year.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
I wont be surprised if they make some additions on D this year, veteran free agent's, no big stars but they dont need big stars on D to make that a playoff team. Just big bodied veterans who play a sound defensive game
Yes at which point then i start to get very worried.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Yes at which point then i start to get very worried.
they'll have to pay Schultz, RNH & Yakupov sometime!

Old
01-06-2013, 07:00 AM
Pseudonymous

If ballard ever leaves this team, i think we need to replace his grit, he was one of the few willing to drop the gloves and defend teammates. hell even with ballard, i'd like another guy who can play decent minutes and not be afraid to. if we're goign to have a top 6 as passive as we got, we better even it out a bit

sure hope kassian makes the top 6 this year, i think he gets a shot when kesler returns.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
they'll have to pay Schultz, RNH & Yakupov sometime!
Buyout horcoff, then hemsky if needed.

10 million.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
Forgot that NYR have Nash Gaborik Richards this year too, jesus.
dont forget their 3rd line center... Jeff Halpern lol

Old
01-06-2013, 07:03 AM
timw33

Quote:
Buyout horcoff, then hemsky if needed.

10 million.
With the Amnesty buy-out there's no doubt Horcoff get's the cut. No doubt at all.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:05 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
64.3 cap, we dont have to blow anything up!
Lol called it!!!!!!

Woo hockey

Old
01-06-2013, 07:07 AM
Pseudonymous

i hate when people mention hemsky, god i'd love him on our team, ive never cared about injury prone players though, as long as theyre healthy come the post season, which im willing to gamble on. The chances we make the cup out of 16 teams, i dont know, sometimes its worth gambling. Hell to win the cup, you need all your players healthy and ur team firing on all cylinders anyway.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:09 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
i hate when people mention hemsky, god i'd love him on our team, ive never cared about injury prone players though, as long as theyre healthy come the post season, which im willing to gamble on. The chances we make the cup out of 16 teams, i dont know, sometimes its worth gambling. Hell to win the cup, you need all your players healthy and ur team firing on all cylinders anyway.
I mentioned hemsky because if you need room to resign, schultz, rnh, and yakupov, do you keep hemsky?

Although to be honest my oiler friends (i live in alberta) say he is way to soft. Big gamble on someone who is injury prone with that cap hit.

Would i not mind giving him a go on our 2nd line? Sure, but not really at 5 million. I do agree about taking a risk though.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:11 AM
timw33

Quote:
I mentioned hemsky because if you need room to resign, schultz, rnh, and yakupov, do you keep hemsky?

Although to be honest my oiler friends (i live in alberta) say he is way to soft. Big gamble on someone who is injury prone with that cap hit.

Would i not mind giving him a go on our 2nd line? Sure, but not really at 5 million.
If they buy him out I'd pick him up for $3M in a pinch. He'd be very complementary on the Kesler line.

Old
Pseudonymous

Quote:

Would i not mind giving him a go on our 2nd line? Sure, but not really at 5 million.
ive watched hemsky a ton and he's worth it when hes healthy. and i dont care how much we pay him, we'd be hoping hes healthy, as we do with all our players. i think all our players are injury prone. hah look at kesler, hell daniel is getting pretty bad and the concussion :/ henriks back has been giving him issues and who knows if that wont be an issue next year

only guy you can count on being there is burrows on our team

Old
Orca Smash

Yea for 3 million I would for sure give it a go.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Bleach Clean

Everything is set up to have the Canucks stay steady, but I'm just curious about the BDCs now. Grandfathered in? Cap-hit stays? Any info on this at all?

Old
01-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
ive watched hemsky a ton and he's worth it when hes healthy. and i dont care how much we pay him, we'd be hoping hes healthy, as we do with all our players. i think all our players are injury prone. hah look at kesler, hell daniel is getting pretty bad and the concussion :/ henriks back

only guy you can count on being there is burrows on our team
I think hemsky is a bit of an exception to the rule regarding injuries though. He is also not kesler level. Not trying to argue, but I still dont know at 5 million. He is a bit bigger injury risk then a typical player.

And if you need cap room for hopkins and schultz, I buy him out in a second.

But I would take him at 3.5

Closed Thread