HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 Ticket Prices (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2012, 10:00 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
i hear you im not giving up my seats was just curious if anyone was planning on it
No doubt there will be a handful who walk away due to the lockout and related nonsense...but I'm fairly certain they will be few in number. At the end of the day we know it's a business, but we still want hockey back.

Old
12-29-2012, 10:15 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
No doubt there will be a handful who walk away due to the lockout and related nonsense...but I'm fairly certain they will be few in number. At the end of the day we know it's a business, but we still want hockey back.
yea if the team was bad there would be alot more if i gave my seats up i would be kicking myself after a couple of weeks

Old
12-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Giacomin

I would be surprised if the Rangers lose any STH,s beyond the small percentage that don,t renew every year for a variety of reasons. If they play this year and go on a run like most expect I can see the waitlist growing. I have no plans on not renewing and hope to be a STH and be in the building when the Rangers win the Cup!

Old
12-30-2012, 09:08 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

I am a STH and as close to giving up my sets as I have ever been. I am used to living without hockey.

I guess it all depends on how hockey comes back. If all we get is a few words painted on the ice it will push me further over the edge.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:58 AM
nyrmetros

Let the crazy spending on NHL ticket prices begin !!

Old
01-06-2013, 06:17 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Let the crazy spending on NHL ticket prices begin !!
Let the complaining about prices from a particular poster begin!!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-06-2013, 06:19 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I am a STH and as close to giving up my sets as I have ever been. I am used to living without hockey.

I guess it all depends on how hockey comes back. If all we get is a few words painted on the ice it will push me further over the edge.
My wife and I have talked about it a few times over the lockout. On one hand, I would give them up. However, we both love going. So long as we can continue to sell games as we have no desire to go to them all, we will continue to go. BUT, we did always say $50/ticket was it. Not willing to spend anymore than that, so we shall see what happens in the future.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:20 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Let the complaining about prices from a particular poster begin!!!!!!!!!!
It already has. I just got rangers vs Icelanders tickets for $30 on StubHub.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:21 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
IF there is a season here is the possible dates for the home opener

1/19
1/20
1/21 (knicks play at 3:30)
1/22 (currently against the bruins)
1/23-26
LeBrun is reporting they have a 50 game schedule to start Jan 15th and a 48 game schedule to start on the 19th. Thinking they are going to go with the 48 and the opener will be the 19th.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:22 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
It already has. I just got rangers vs Icelanders tickets for $30 on StubHub.
too bad that game will likely be moved.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Cmf1125

Can Season ticket holders cancel now?

Just wondering - given the shortened season with almost a total lack of training camp is likely going to result in massively inferior quality of play - do season ticket holders have any recourse in canceling their tickets and getting their money back for this season if they decide they don't want to go anymore?

It does seem like it is a "different" product than what they originally signed up for, given a greatly shortened season with inferior play, condensed scheduling, etc....

Old
01-06-2013, 10:43 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmf1125 View Post
Just wondering - given the shortened season with almost a total lack of training camp is likely going to result in massively inferior quality of play - do season ticket holders have any recourse in canceling their tickets and getting their money back for this season if they decide they don't want to go anymore?

It does seem like it is a "different" product than what they originally signed up for, given a greatly shortened season with inferior play, condensed scheduling, etc....
That's a good question. On the one hand you agreed to pay for a season and you are getting one (albeit with less games.) On the other, this is not what any of us were expecting. That said, I think "massively inferior quality of play" is an over-exaggeration.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Cmf1125

Is anyone else concerned with the lack of a full training camp, players out of shape and having a higher likelihood of injury?

We saw what happened in the NBA last year and that wasn't even as shortened as this season. I am just concerned our guys are going to go out there and get injured within the first week.

I just have no idea what to expect here..

Old
01-06-2013, 10:50 AM
hagsfan924

Quote:
too bad that game will likely be moved.
probably 50-50 chance season could open the 15th...and a lesser chance that any of the matchups stay the same...
i grabbed tickets on stub hub today for the ranger-islander matchup, since if by any chance it does happen that would be a great deal.
stubhub guarantees refund if the matchup or date changes...so basically if the season opens on the 19th, or if the islanders open on the 15th playing anyone but the rangers i would get my full money back including all fees.

not a bad deal

Old
01-06-2013, 10:56 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Is anyone else concerned with the lack of a full training camp, players out of shape and having a higher likelihood of injury?

We saw what happened in the NBA last year and that wasn't even as shortened as this season. I am just concerned our guys are going to go out there and get injured within the first week.

There will definitely be injuries. Hopefully our guys have kept up their conditioning wherever they've been the past few months. Depth will be key for many teams, particularly as players deal with wonky groins and such out of the gate.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:53 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:

If you call you might be able to cancel your account, but you likely forfeit all future rights. But, I doubt you will be able to do so once the season gets started because you feel the play is inferior.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:55 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:

These are professional athletes, not guys who sit at a desk all day long and then try to play softball on saturday mornings. I am sure most have been working out, and even if they haven't been going that hard, it only takes them a week or so to get back in shape.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:56 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
These are professional athletes, not guys who sit at a desk all day long and then try to play softball on saturday mornings. I am sure most have been working out, and even if they haven't been going that hard, it only takes them a week or so to get back in shape.
Yeah, Lundqvist was a monster in the charity game in AC. I think it was Hartnell who said he thought Hank would be a little rusty, but that was clearly not the case.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Giacomin

Quote:

I doubt it especially since the tickets have been at least partially payed for. If you had tried to cancel a month ago they probably could have worked something out but 2 weeks before the season is tough.
LGR!

Old
01-06-2013, 01:07 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
I doubt it especially since the tickets have been at least partially payed for. If you had tried to cancel a month ago they probably could have worked something out but 2 weeks before the season is tough.
LGR!
Not really. If I canceled my seats, they would have them sold in less than 10 minutes.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:43 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Not really. If I canceled my seats, they would have them sold in less than 10 minutes.
if it took 10 mins i would be surprised there are alot of people on the waiting list begging for upper bowl seats

Old
01-06-2013, 01:45 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Can't wait to see the new schedule. I really hope the first game doesn't start as the current Bruins game, because I happen to have sold that one on stubhub way before they cancelled all games leading up to it =/

Old
01-06-2013, 01:55 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Can't wait to see the new schedule. I really hope the first game doesn't start as the current Bruins game, because I happen to have sold that one on stubhub way before they cancelled all games leading up to it =/
That game may remain the same, but it wont be the opener. Their home opener will be the 16th or 19th. They need to take advantage of having the garden open.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:59 PM
darrenturcotte#8

Anyone care to join my outrage when they inform us we now need to buy pre season tickets as season ticket holders? That's going to be the salt in the wound that might put me over the edge. I know Dolan tried to avoid the lockout and was helpful getting a resolution. So for now, he's no longer occupying his perpetual spot on top of my S*** list. However, I'm near certain he'll recapture his title when that piece of info is passed along in the 6th paragraph of our welcome back, "thank you fans" email from the Rangers...

Old
01-06-2013, 02:18 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Anyone care to join my outrage when they inform us we now need to buy pre season tickets as season ticket holders? That's going to be the salt in the wound that might put me over the edge. I know Dolan tried to avoid the lockout and was helpful getting a resolution. So for now, he's no longer occupying his perpetual spot on top of my S*** list. However, I'm near certain he'll recapture his title when that piece of info is passed along in the 6th paragraph of our welcome back, "thank you fans" email from the Rangers...
Are there going to be pre-season games in a 1 week training camp?

Closed Thread