HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2013, 11:19 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Rumour has Corrado going to OS for prospect or draft picks.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:24 AM
sbrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
The last time a team won 24+ in a row and had a better regular season than London is having right now, that team started the playoffs with 12 wins in 13 games then got swept in the final. A couple key injuries at the wrong time (semis), an overtime loss in game 1 of the final at home and the whole thing went sideways. I remember all too well. If I ever forget, I'm sure Rayzor will remind me.
Barrie only won 22 in a row. I see what you're saying and anything can happen but the Knights have to be considered the frontrunners right now. Anything less than an OHL title would be a disappointment. They are 34-5-2 and have a big advantage on most teams because a lot of their players went to the final game last year. They know what it takes to win. It's similar to the back to back titles Windsor won and a lot of people weren't picking them over Barrie mainly because they lost both games to them in the regular season and finished behind them in the standings. They didn't sweep Barrie by accident, they were superior and had already been their before.

I notice Kitchener fans on twitter are getting excited after tonight stating that the Knights "aren't very good." Kitchener must be atrocious to them if they think a team who is 26-0-1 since November 1 is "not very good."

Old
01-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Ottomatic

This London team is largely returned from last years team, so they have experienced a deep play-off run and have faced adversity/lost together. They'll have a huge advantage with that experience this year. The first Spit team that won, wasn't supposed to - we were built more for the next year sorta deal - but the next year as a result of that first run, nothing really fazed us. I expect London to be mentally stronger than anybody else this run as a result as well.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:22 AM
BigBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Barrie only won 22 in a row. I see what you're saying and anything can happen but the Knights have to be considered the frontrunners right now. Anything less than an OHL title would be a disappointment. They are 34-5-2 and have a big advantage on most teams because a lot of their players went to the final game last year. They know what it takes to win. It's similar to the back to back titles Windsor won and a lot of people weren't picking them over Barrie mainly because they lost both games to them in the regular season and finished behind them in the standings. They didn't sweep Barrie by accident, they were superior and had already been their before.

I notice Kitchener fans on twitter are getting excited after tonight stating that the Knights "aren't very good." Kitchener must be atrocious to them if they think a team who is 26-0-1 since November 1 is "not very good."
Thanks for the trade rumour.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:56 AM
bruinsfan46

So does the OHL extend the deadline or what? Having it right in the middle of NHL training camp is a nightmare for the teams with players away (and everybody else I guess).

Old
01-06-2013, 06:02 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
So does the OHL extend the deadline or what? Having it right in the middle of NHL training camp is a nightmare for the teams with players away (and everybody else I guess).
Wondering same thing now...this has BIG implications on several teams across CHL

Old
01-06-2013, 06:55 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

NHL training camps?....some are throwing around the 9th as the earliest date training camps could start and the 11th as the more likely date.

The question now is how many players you bring to camp. The rumour is most teams will bring around 30 players. Some teams have said they will only call up 5 players from the AHL and that's it..no Junior drafted players. There's no time to give guys like Harrington/Maatta(from a London perspective) a peak so why even bring them.

As for Strome and Hamilton, talk is they'll both have a great chance to make their respective teams and are in their plans for this season. Niagara loses the most by the NHL settling...nobody in their right mind will deal with them now.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:11 AM
SimonKnightsman

Ummmm Sheifle , Gally ......Mont/ Jets. Could get long looks with rabid fan bases waiting for them.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:20 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Ummmm Sheifle , Gally ......Mont/ Jets. Could get long looks with rabid fan bases waiting for them.
Galchenyuk is gone..Sarnia might just as well kiss him goodbye. Scheiffle I could see sticking in the Peg...but not as much as Galchenyuk. If Sarnia gets him back it'll floor me. I was keying on teams that were looking to move players...Sarnia and Barrie arn't one of them. They may be now though. The day of the "long look" is gone this year...it's a 5-7 day camp and right into regular season. No time to "look" at players.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:25 AM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Galchenyuk is gone..Sarnia might just as well kiss him goodbye. Scheiffle I could see sticking in the Peg...but not as much as Galchenyuk. If Sarnia gets him back it'll floor me. I was keying on teams that were looking to move players...Sarnia and Barrie arn't one of them. They may be now though. The day of the "long look" is gone this year...it's a 5-7 day camp and right into regular season. No time to "look" at players.
Yes for trades this is messy now. The Jets almost kept him last year after great camp...I think he is gone but Gally will get sent back.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:35 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Yes for trades this is messy now. The Jets almost kept him last year after great camp...I think he is gone but Gally will get sent back.
Galchenyuk was the 3rd overall pick..I say he's gone..Montreal needs all the help they can get.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Galchenyuk was the 3rd overall pick..I say he's gone..Montreal needs all the help they can get.
Interesting what half a seasons does for a player. I'm pretty sure, with him missing almost all of last year, Galchenyuk would have been sent back at the end of training camp.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:51 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Interesting what half a seasons does for a player. I'm pretty sure, with him missing almost all of last year, Galchenyuk would have been sent back at the end of training camp.
Oh for sure...but look at Montreal's situation...they're fringe players are not that good...Gally has a step on all of them having played all year. I say he's gone and sticks and sees 3rd line minutes. It would shock me to see any of the top 5 from last years NHL draft sent back.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

New idea Trocheck to Barrie to replace Scheifele if he sticks with the Jets (which I think he will). Would be a good replacement to help keep the Colts in contention in the east. Also Saginaw and Barrie have had a pretty good trading history.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:23 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
New idea Trocheck to Barrie to replace Scheifele if he sticks with the Jets (which I think he will). Would be a goog replacement to help keep the Colts in contention in the east. Also Saginaw and Barrie have had a pretty good trading history.
Rumour last night at the rink is the Knights are looking at Trocheck..another D man..and an un-named goaltender. If they are thinking of just dealing with Saginaw..that would mean Paterson(which I'd welcome with open arms). Can't see why London wants another D man with the 6 they have...but......

Old
01-06-2013, 08:32 AM
JL17

Look for Plymouth to make a splash... they're starting to role now plus they've got the 6th round pick Alex N taking the reins as there #1. Gibson could be an interest. I think they get a top end forward plus another quality forward plus a top end D and they're a scary team.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:36 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Look for Plymouth to make a splash... they're starting to role now plus they've got the 6th round pick Alex N taking the reins as there #1. Gibson could be an interest. I think they get a top end forward plus another quality forward plus a top end D and they're a scary team.
They're already scary.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:33 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Montreal doesn't rush their draft picks. I bet he stays with Sarnia.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:43 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Montreal doesn't rush their draft picks. I bet he stays with Sarnia.
If he's back it's not because he can't contribute...it would be more financial as to not burn a year off of his EL contract. With an NHL sprint this year..you could see the top 5 stick..outside of that..not so much.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:09 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Oh for sure...but look at Montreal's situation...they're fringe players are not that good...Gally has a step on all of them having played all year. I say he's gone and sticks and sees 3rd line minutes. It would shock me to see any of the top 5 from last years NHL draft sent back.
It all will depend on the entry level contract situation IMO. Does Bergevin want to burn a year off of his contract for a shortened season. He is clearly good enough and I dont think money is an option in MTL so I doubt it matters but it will be considered.

EDIT: Just seen your post afterwards. Completely agree to the reasons why he`d be cut.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Kingpin794
Lucky 13

Quote:
Rumour last night at the rink is the Knights are looking at Trocheck..another D man..and an un-named goaltender. If they are thinking of just dealing with Saginaw..that would mean Paterson(which I'd welcome with open arms). Can't see why London wants another D man with the 6 they have...but......
We better get half your team if that deal goes down. I'm assuming the goalie would come from someone else (Gibson).

Old
01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
We better get half your team if that deal goes down. I'm assuming the goalie would come from someone else (Gibson).
Talk about fan's over valuing their assets..LOL

Old
01-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Talk about fan's over valuing their assets..LOL
I think we are all guilty of this.

You've seen some of the trade proposals from Spits fans for our underachieving spare parts.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Ottomatic

How many OHL players could play in the NHL this year now that they've settled? Strome and Hamilton - but who else? Harrington and Maata? Galchenyuk?

It seems silly for the OHL or CHL to push back the trade deadline for a couple payers and a couple teams.

However I don't buy the idea about not burning a cheap year because it's a shortened schedule. A 50 game schedule is a legitimate enough one.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:52 PM
NHL Fanatic

Jeff Twohey, Mark Hunter, Warren Rychel all in attendance for the Steelheads, Wolves game, looks like we may see some deals very soon

Closed Thread