HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout Discussion Thread 5.0: The Lockout is over!!

Old
01-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
That would require that a team needs 3 buy outs to make it under the cap next year, which is extremely doubtful.
The scenario the way I see it would require a team that would like to get rid of a contract, but can't afford to spend the actual cash on a large buyout.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Well, I didn't think there would be a season.

Happy for the fans. But I hope they return to empty arenas.
I'm happy too, but with mixed feelings (still a bit bitter at how all of them **** with us fans and don't give a **** about us...fans that pay the owners', players' salaries...all of them are guilty of major greed).

And you know...there probably will be more than a few arenas here and there...hopefully that'll give the finger to all of them for abusing us fans. We love hockey so much but not the owners' and players' greed.

They didn't have to waste 1/2 a season (but they just don't give a **** about NHL fans). They had July, Aug, Sept, October,etc...so much time...bunch of idiots...all spoiled by so much money that is given by...hockey fans.

I think PLAYERS, OWNERS SHOULD GIVE US NHL FANS A SERIOUS APOLOGY...and if that doesn't work...we should throw humble-pies at them by politely demanding all of them to go down on their knees to beg for our forgiveness and also thank us for all the millions they make thanks solely to nhl fans.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-06-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:14 AM
LyricalLyricist

At least I don't have to hear theories on why either side of negotiations is this or that anymore. Hockey is back, lets move on.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I'm happy too, but with mixed feelings (still a bit bitter at how all of them **** with us fans and don't give a **** about us...fans that pay the owners', players' salaries...all of them are guilty of major greed).

And you know...there probably will be more than a few arenas here and there...hopefully that'll give the finger to all of them for abusing us fans. We love hockey so much but not the owners' and players' greed.

They didn't have to waste 1/2 a season (but they just don't give a **** about NHL fans). They had July, Aug, Sept, October,etc...so much time...bunch of idiots...all spoiled by so much money that is given by...hockey fans.
That's just it. To me it looks like they knew they would never cancel the season and they waited until the last possible minute to suck every penny out of the other side. It's a tough pill to swallow. It's the principle of the thing. The way they completely disregarded how it's the fans that allow them to live the dream. Just the way I was raised I guess. I am of the belief that you should be greatful for what provides your means.

People I am really happy for are bar owners (they lost 40% of their business and fired hundreds of people in Quebec alone during this) and people who sell merch and stuff. Those people are really the ones who truly suffered because of this.

Last edited by Jigger77: 01-06-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Tendresse
Capitaine Gorges

I don't think anybody is denying the complete and utter stupidity of both sides in this conflict, and the irony of the fact that the people who pay their salaries are also the people who were hurt the most by this lockout. It's a completely senseless situation that was only allowed due to the way unions work and the fact that players didn't want to repeat the experience from 7 years ago where they got bent over and slapped. They could've reached some kind of temporary agreement where they each keep 40% of the revenues and stash the remaining 20% in a safe somewhere to be used once a more permanent agreement is ratified... but that would've made way too much sense.

As a fan, you can only hope you're not the only one who feels the way you feel about the whole situation (and in this case, believe me, you're probably right). A lot of people I know are going to tune in to the games, but will refrain from buying any official merchandise for a while - I think it's the most realistic course of action for anyone who wishes to make their unsatisfaction known to the NHL. Yeah, they won't go bankrupt, but they'll certainly feel that their wallet is much lighter than they first expected, and they'll have nobody to blame but themselves. It's a shame that that's what our power is limited to, but I don't really see anything else that could be done.

Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendresse View Post
I don't think anybody is denying the complete and utter stupidity of both sides in this conflict, and the irony of the fact that the people who pay their salaries are also the people who were hurt the most by this lockout. It's a completely senseless situation that was only allowed due to the way unions work and the fact that players didn't want to repeat the experience from 7 years ago where they got bent over and slapped. They could've reached some kind of temporary agreement where they each keep 40% of the revenues and stash the remaining 20% in a safe somewhere to be used once a more permanent agreement is ratified... but that would've made way too much sense.

As a fan, you can only hope you're not the only one who feels the way you feel about the whole situation (and in this case, believe me, you're probably right). A lot of people I know are going to tune in to the games, but will refrain from buying any official merchandise for a while - I think it's the most realistic course of action for anyone who wishes to make their unsatisfaction known to the NHL. Yeah, they won't go bankrupt, but they'll certainly feel that their wallet is much lighter than they first expected, and they'll have nobody to blame but themselves. It's a shame that that's what our power is limited to, but I don't really see anything else that could be done.
Pretty much. I'm not against collective bargaining and even getting the most out of it that you possibly can. But not at the cost of holding your income providers hostage.

For me it's impossible not to follow the Habs. It's ingrained in my psyche. But it will also be impossible for me to completely forget about this like it never happened.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:23 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

The only way I'd spend money on the NHL is if Galchenyuk makes the team and I buy a jersey. Otherwise, I'll wait until October to buy tickets. GO HABS GO!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:28 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sigh.

I'm back.

EDIT: Can someone link an article where I can read what is exactly on the CBA?

Jack Bourdain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
The only way I'd spend money on the NHL is if Galchenyuk makes the team and I buy a jersey. Otherwise, I'll wait until October to buy tickets. GO HABS GO!
Same. I plan to get one also if he stays on the team this year.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:36 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Sigh.

I'm back.

All you really need to know is there is 2 amnesty buyouts so Gomez and Kaberle/Bourque are gone. It's a good day for any cap obsessed Hab fan!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:37 AM

Bye Gomez.

Good luck finding a job Campoli, Darche. Lawl.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I'm still going to wait until next year since rookies always seem to change their number after the 1st year. Jersey sales won't be a problem in Montreal with patches, Price and possibly Subban signing long term deals

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
That's just it. To me it looks like they knew they would never cancel the season and they waited until the last possible minute to suck every penny out of the other side. It's a tough pill to swallow. It's the principle of the thing. The way they completely disregarded how it's the fans that allow them to live the dream. Just the way I was raised I guess. I am of the belief that you should be grateful for what provides your means.

People I am really happy for are bar owners (they lost 40% of their business and fired hundreds of people in Quebec alone during this) and people who sell merch and stuff. Those people are really the ones who truly suffered because of this.
It looks very obvious that they waited for last minute...knowing exactly what they were doing...delaying and delaying to squeeze every penny and dime.

The owners and players abuse us NHL fans...like a spoiled brat girl that always uses a ''sugar daddy''...she keeps coming back to sugardaddy for money but leaves whenever she wants to...just using him for money. They (owners/players) have their millions but don't realize it all comes from people (nhl fans)...they lock us out and many businesses from nhl hockey so they can bicker more and more about their millions (as if they don't make enough already).
We should lock them out for once...those spoiled, rich millionaire ****ers.

And not sure I'm being sarcastic, but here goes...
I think PLAYERS, OWNERS SHOULD GIVE US NHL FANS A SERIOUS APOLOGY...and if that doesn't work...we should throw humble-pies at them by politely/peacefully demanding all of them go down on their knees to beg for our forgiveness and also thank us for all the millions they make (year after year) thanks solely to nhl fans.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-06-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

Quote:
Pretty much. I'm not against collective bargaining and even getting the most out of it that you possibly can. But not at the cost of holding your income providers hostage.

For me it's impossible not to follow the Habs. It's ingrained in my psyche. But it will also be impossible for me to completely forget about this like it never happened.
Do people really forget that it was the owners locking out the players? This wasn't a strike...

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Sigh.

I'm back.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412844

I know how you feel. I am back as well...LOL.

Go HABS GO!!!!!!!!!

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post
Do people really forget that it was the owners locking out the players? This wasn't a strike...
Both sides were equally responsible for the length of these "negotiations". People need to understand THAT.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I'm still going to wait until next year since rookies always seem to change their number after the 1st year. Jersey sales won't be a problem in Montreal with patches, Price and possibly Subban signing long term deals
I will not get a new Habs jersey this season. I will only consider getting my kids a new one after this season. Sorry, guys, but it is as much of a "protest" this 39 year hockey fan can muster (ducks any incoming eggs).

Old
01-06-2013, 09:47 AM
MaxLacoste

They can buyout 2 contrats. Gomez is certainly gone but who else can we buyout to make place under the cap?

MaxLacoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:47 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Both sides are equally at fault in my opinion and I was actually referring to the owners in that statement.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I think PLAYERS, OWNERS SHOULD GIVE US NHL FANS A SERIOUS APOLOGY... .
That would be a good start indeed. I think they should do more than just apologize though.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:53 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Hypothetical question. Say players asked for 90% and owners locked them out. Is it an owners lockout or are players at fault? Granted this is an extreme to illustrate a point. He who inacts a work stoppage may not be guilty in doing so. Am I saying players are responsible? No, just saying its not a crazy opinion to say both are responsible.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:56 AM
TYLENOL

Bye GOMEZ and KABERLE ... I hope

TYLENOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Hypothetical question. Say players asked for 90% and owners locked them out. Is it an owners lockout or are players at fault? Granted this is an extreme to illustrate a point.

If both side do not agree and there is no strikes or lock-out, it's the previous deal that continue to be in place. It happens all the time.

Glad hockey is back! woot!

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Jigger77

So are there compliance buyouts in the deal or not? Hearing mixed things. And if yes, when can teams use them?

Old
01-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Et le But

Watch them refuse to buyout Gomez.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote