HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo: The Neverending Story

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

vCash: 500
One of the best things about the lockout ending is that this series of threads might finally die. Of course now I say this the Canucks decide to keep Luongo and the speculation just keeps on going.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:04 AM
RECsGuy*

Luongo for...

Bergenheim
Clemmensen
Howden

Old
01-06-2013, 07:07 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Luongo for...

Bergenheim
Clemmensen
Howden

Two LWers on a team stacked with LWers?

Old
01-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Vitto79

McKenzie mentions Bozak, prospect, pick..............if Nucks buyout Ballard then getting a Dman like Franson would make sense too..........Leafs may use Paul Ranger since he is doing so well in the AHL

Old
01-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Bleach Clean

Great breakdown of a potential deal by TSN.

- Duthie cites TOR's need is immediate.
- Johnson, and LeBrun earlier, says the Canucks can wait a bit.
- Mckenzie mentions Weiss is unlikely to re-sign?
- Bozak + Prospect (sticking point) + pick alluded to as framework.
- EDM showed definite interest prior to Lockout.
- Pang thinks FLA will likely increase offer, McKenzie adds that players Luongo is currently practicing with thinks he's all world.
- Mckenzie also thinks that shortened season might increase interest from FLA in effort to do some damage in playoffs.
- Also, NO official deal in place right now between VAN and TOR.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:39 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post

- Pang thinks FLA will likely increase offer, McKenzie adds that players Luongo is currently practicing with thinks he's all world.
- Mckenzie also thinks that shortened season might increase interest from FLA in effort to do some damage in playoffs.
Yeah I wouldn't mind Weiss but there would have to be more since he is a Pending UFA and who knows if we can re-sign him since Edler would be priority #1 for us.

Since they won't give in on Bjugstad maybe:

Weiss + Petrovic + Conditional pick if Weiss doesn't re-sign? Or maybe another prospect?

It is interesting though, also on Toronto it is pretty much what I expected, Bozak comes for the 3rd line C spot then we add some young assets for the cupboard just gotta find out what they are.

Interesting though, nice to get a little bit of an update there after this being on the backburner for so long.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:42 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:

Maybe TSN should market what ever their taking to believe this. Knowing Edmonton and Vancouver it would never happen and is a TSN pipe dream.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Yeah I wouldn't mind Weiss but there would have to be more since he is a Pending UFA and who knows if we can re-sign him since Edler would be priority #1 for us.

Weiss + Petrovic + Conditional pick if Weiss doesn't re-sign? Or maybe another prospect?

It is interesting though, also on Toronto it is pretty much what I expected, Bozak comes for the 3rd line C spot then we add some young assets for the cupboard just gotta find out what they are.

Interesting though, nice to get a little bit of an update there after this being on the backburner for so long.

I think the Weiss speculation is just that, speculation. To me, there's no way he leaves FLA. But Bobby Mack did mention that FLA might not be able to afford him moving forward/he wouldn't likely re-sign. So maybe they keep him and just let him walk at year's end.

There's no way he comes to VAN either because they wouldn't be able to retain him either. The Canucks need to shed 9m+ before next year. Don't see him coming here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Maybe TSN should market what ever their taking to believe this. Knowing Edmonton and Vancouver it would never happen and is a TSN pipe dream.

McKenzie did preface this by saying he thinks it's unlikely to occur. Just that they showed real interest. Everyone knows divisional rivals rarely conduct deals and they did allude to that fact.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:44 AM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post

Petrovic might be hard to get too, he is widely regarded in that Florida system. Unless Tallon finally budges, it wil be a long process for that trade in my honest opinion.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Petrovic might be hard to get too, he is widely regarded in that Florida system. Unless Tallon finally budges, it wil be a long process for that trade in my honest opinion.
Agreed. Don't see tallon budging much off the bargain basement offer.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Agreed. Don't see tallon budging much off the bargain basement offer.

Not what Pang thinks. Let's see...

Old
01-06-2013, 08:01 AM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers are Red View Post
One of the best things about the lockout ending is that this series of threads might finally die. Of course now I say this the Canucks decide to keep Luongo and the speculation just keeps on going.
Would be interesting to see how much some individuals post stats were padded by this string of threads.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Bleach Clean

Another great breakdown by TSN:

- Mcklennan thinks that taking Lou into the season will be a distraction.
- Johnson and Pang think the return to be the key factor as to when he moves.
- A centre coming back will be key.
- Johnson thinks Gillis will wait for GMs to give up a key piece.
- Pang again brings up FLA, and possible renewed interest.
- Pang says FLA is in the same position as TOR, and that either team could make a run with Luongo in net.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Beezeral

Quote:
Not what Pang thinks. Let's see...
Fair enough. Just don't see tallon trading one of the top 3 centers on the roster or even the top 2 in the prospect pool.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

I guess a cba would have to be officially signed before a trade can happen?

Old
01-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Fair enough. Just don't see tallon trading one of the top 3 centers on the roster or even the top 2 in the prospect pool.

Perhaps. Aside from not fully knowing how existing BDCs will be handled, which will affect things greatly, the two compliance buyouts are a huge boon to potential FLA and VAN. It's tailor made to get around the issue of FLA having to send salary back, and VAN being reticent to take on actual cap-hit. Since this money exists outside the system, VAN will be more than willing to use this new clause to "grease the wheels", so to speak.

I am definitely leaning more to a FLA and VAN swap, than a TOR and VAN swap because of that clause.

Old
01-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Beezeral

Quote:
Perhaps. Aside from not fully knowing how existing BDCs will be handled, which will affect things greatly, the two compliance buyouts are a huge boon to potential FLA and VAN. It's tailor made to get around the issue of FLA having to send salary back, and VAN being reticent to take on actual cap-hit. Since this money exists outside the system, VAN will be more than willing to use this new clause to "grease the wheels", so to speak.

I am definitely leaning more to a FLA and VAN swap, than a TOR and VAN swap because of that clause.
You are right about that. But what is the price tag?

Old
01-06-2013, 08:56 AM
AndMat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
TSN fruitcake's Do not know anything BOB IS AN IDIOT

Old
01-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
You are right about that. But what is the price tag?

I think Petrovic will be at the centre of the package, if there is one. Could be Shore. I don't think Bjugstad will move. Nor Markstrom, or Howden. Or correction, if Howden is viewed as lesser to Shore, then maybe he moves first. But Petrovic + Upshall + Clemmenson + 1st could do it IMO. Whether that's _still_ too rich for Tallon remains to be seen.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:04 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Bozak + prospect + pick is fine with me, so long as those prospects are neither Jake Gardiner nor Morgan Rielly, and the pick isn't a 1st rounder. At the end of the day that would be alot less than what some here thought they could get

Old
01-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Bozak + prospect + pick is fine with me, so long as those prospects are neither Jake Gardiner nor Morgan Rielly, and the pick isn't a 1st rounder. At the end of the day that would be alot less than what some here thought they could get

It would be more than I thought possible if it was Bozak + Kadri + 1st. There are so many varying ideas about value here.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Beezeral

Quote:
I think Petrovic will be at the centre of the package, if there is one. Could be Shore. I don't think Bjugstad will move. Nor Markstrom, or Howden. Or correction, if Howden is viewed as lesser to Shore, then maybe he moves first. But Petrovic + Upshall + Clemmenson + 1st could do it IMO. Whether that's _still_ too rich for Tallon remains to be seen.
Personally I think petrovic is the last prospect on the do not move list. More likely its shore and a 1st round pick. Can see gillis squeezing howden out of tallon, but not much more before tallon decides he is happy with his team as built and moves on

Old
01-06-2013, 09:10 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
It would be more than I thought possible if it was Bozak + Kadri + 1st. There are so many varying ideas about value here.
If its a 1st rounder I will be utterly disappointed. I really think it's farfetched that a 1st rounder is included in any Toronto proposal so to each their own. Bozak is a good piece but certainly available for a goalie of Luo's caliber. Same goes for Kadri. They're both guys Toronto will gladly keep if no deal comes to fruition but they're guys you make available for Luongo.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Personally I think petrovic is the last prospect on the do not move list. More likely its shore and a 1st round pick. Can see gillis squeezing howden out of tallon, but not much more before tallon decides he is happy with his team as built and moves on

So you think Tallon's breaking point is a Shore + 1st + Howden + cap dump package? Shore + 1st is a good base IMO.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:13 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Keep in mind that now that the cap is set at 70.2M there remains a good chance Vancouver keeps their guy, no? At least for one more, shortened, season. He seems like a good guy, not much of a distraction.

Closed Thread