HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

First match against Boston @ home!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2013, 07:49 AM
  #26
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
hmmm.....

Galchenyuk,Prust,Armstrong

also players have improved
+Markov, Gionta and a new coach.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:54 AM
  #27
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukimono View Post
lol. Thanks i needed a good laugh.

Gally is not ready, Prust.. mkay, a little energy, Armstrong will likely be useless.
How about potential improvements from Eller, Pacioretty, Subban, Price, Desharnais Emelin, Plekanec, Bourque and a healthy Markov and Gionta.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:56 AM
  #28
LeHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Its not about teaching its reality......How are we going to be better than last year.
Last year was a fluke season. We should be back to our traditional 8th spot playoff fight until the last day of the reg season.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 08:59 AM
  #29
JHabs61
Registered User
 
JHabs61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
The schedule has us playing the Penguins in a home and home starting on the 16th. After that we play boston.

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:02 AM
  #30
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,183
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHabs61 View Post
The schedule has us playing the Penguins in a home and home starting on the 16th. After that we play boston.
That's not the real schedule. They're going to be remaking the schedules.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 09:09 AM
  #31
Tendresse
Capitaine Gorges
 
Tendresse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 934
vCash: 500
They coughed up completely new schedules in case an agreement was made before the deadline, iirc. They already have a 48-game schedule and a 50-game schedule written up, and from the way R. Lavoie has been talking about it it seems like they're just completely new schedules (we may start vs Boston but it'd be a coincidence).

Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:00 AM
  #32
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,961
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Looks like first game is against Pitts at home. Check on the habs website http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/index.htm

edit: I'm wrong!


Last edited by CrAzYNiNe: 01-06-2013 at 10:06 AM.
CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:03 AM
  #33
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Looks like first game is against Pitts at home. Check on the habs website http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/index.htm
No that's because the NHL cancelled games until January 14th

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:05 AM
  #34
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,262
vCash: 500
We can finally talk about the games, and the team and not the lockout!!!!!! Finally!!!

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:06 AM
  #35
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Looks like first game is against Pitts at home. Check on the habs website http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/index.htm
There are only 39 games in that schedule, so that's not it.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:07 AM
  #36
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,961
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
No that's because the NHL cancelled games until January 14th
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
There are only 39 games in that schedule, so that's not it.
Thanks guys, didn't realize. I'm just so happy that hockey is back!!!

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:08 AM
  #37
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
There are only 39 games in that schedule, so that's not it.
Expecting lots of back to back games and 3 games in 4 nights. Wife will not be very happy!!!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:08 AM
  #38
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,154
vCash: 50
With the two buyout options I would let go of Rene Bourque and Kaberle.
Gomez only has this year left on his contract while the other two have multiple years to go before they expire.

With any luck Gomez plays half decent and Montreal gets a pick for him at the deadline.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:10 AM
  #39
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Thanks guys, didn't realize. I'm just so happy that hockey is back!!!
I had to count because at first glance they only play one game from Jan 20th to the 28th. It made no sense.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:10 AM
  #40
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
With the two buyout options I would let go of Rene Bourque and Kaberle.
Gomez only has this year left on his contract while the other two have multiple years to go before they expire.

With any luck Gomez plays half decent and Montreal gets a pick for him at the deadline.
Rene Bourque can be traded and bring back something. The guy had a hard time to adapt after the trade, he was good for Calgary in the past, let's give him another chance before dumping him

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:11 AM
  #41
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,961
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Expecting lots of back to back games and 3 games in 4 nights. Wife will not be very happy!!!!!
My gf was already mad at me for running to the pc this morning without kissing her good morning :O uh oh I will be in trouble with a schedule like that lol

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:13 AM
  #42
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
My gf was already mad at me for running to the pc this morning without kissing her good morning :O uh oh I will be in trouble with a schedule like that lol
Well make up for it in the next week in a half, after that the puck drops!!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:15 AM
  #43
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.
 
Montreal Impact FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Galchenyuk could potentially have an impact.. but if anyone is expecting him to be a difference maker when he hasnt even been training with the habs pro players yet is quite extreme.. in terms on your own expectations and pressure put on the kid.

I think the best approach here would be : "let's wait and see".

As far as the season goes... i dont care who we play as long as it starts asap.

Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:16 AM
  #44
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,961
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Well make up for it in the next week in a half, after that the puck drops!!!!
I'm going to do the dishes lol

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:18 AM
  #45
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I'm going to do the dishes lol
Good idea and then prepare lunch

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:18 AM
  #46
hockeyjockey
Registered User
 
hockeyjockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukimono View Post
lol. Thanks i needed a good laugh.

Gally is not ready, Prust.. mkay, a little energy, Armstrong will likely be useless.
Lol, love the confidence of some posters confirming Gally being unready. You based your thoughts from the WJC?

hockeyjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:21 AM
  #47
hockeyjockey
Registered User
 
hockeyjockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Galchenyuk could potentially have an impact.. but if anyone is expecting him to be a difference maker when he hasnt even been training with the habs pro players yet is quite extreme.. in terms on your own expectations and pressure put on the kid.

I think the best approach here would be : "let's wait and see".

As far as the season goes... i dont care who we play as long as it starts asap.
Hmmm, he didn't look out of place among nhlers in the bio steel camp... Although shimmy-like, he did stand out.

hockeyjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:15 PM
  #48
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,262
vCash: 500
Do you guys think the Habs will sell out all of their home games again this year? 24 home games...or do you think the fans will speak loudly by not going to the Bell?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:17 PM
  #49
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 2,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Do you guys think the Habs will sell out all of their home games again this year? 24 home games...or do you think the fans will speak loudly by not going to the Bell?

Only eight fans cancelled tickets during the lockout.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:18 PM
  #50
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Only eight fans cancelled tickets during the lockout.
Wow...interesting...I guess Molson will be a happy camper...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.