HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Liberati0n
Jesus Christ Marie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
As long as we are talking about Semin, he is currently 2+7 and -6 in 13 GP for Torpedo.
What's his Stick Infractions/Game at though?

Old
12-09-2012, 06:37 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
What's his Stick Infractions/Game at though?
Only 6 PIM. He's finally turned his game around.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:02 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Oh lets talk about 2013-2014 and the implications of a 60m or possibly higher cap.

Capitals are at 60m. Ribeiro 5m, UFA. MoJo 900k, RFA, needs raise. Alzne 1.2m, RFA, needs raise. Neuvirth 1.1m, RFA, needs raise. Holtby 600k, RFA, needs raise.

Hamrlik 3.5m, UFA, maybe re-signed for less? Need to replace either way.

Erskine 1.5m, UFA, shouldn't be re-signed.

1.5m for Forsberg. 4m for Kuznetsov.

The 50/50 deal may put the Capitals in cap hell, all because of good drafting.

Last edited by SimplySensational: 12-10-2012 at 11:16 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Liberati0n
Jesus Christ Marie

vCash: 50
Quote:
MoJo 900k, RFA, needs raise ... Neuvirth 1.1m, RFA, needs raise
You misspelled "salary reduction."

Old
12-11-2012, 04:09 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Chokers Unite!

vCash: 500
A 60M cap would put most of the league in an inescapable cap hell. There's no way that cap gets put in place without some form of relief.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:32 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Agreed with Zoidberg. If the cap goes down, there is rollback or some other kind of relief.
If cap stays at 70M OR is proportional to rock, my actions would be:
Let go Ribeiro, Poti, Hillen, Wolski, Hamrlik, Erskine.
Bring in Forsberg, Schilling and Sjogren/Hamill/Mitchell.
Re-sign Alzner (3.5, long-term), Johansson (2), Neuvirth (1.6), Holtby (1.6, all one/two years), Hendricks (1.2), Crabb (0.95, both two/three years).
Sign Weiss (5.5) and Smid (3.5).
Total payroll would be nearly 69M.
Line-up:
Ovechkin - Backstrom - Brouwer
Forsberg - Weiss - Johansson
Chimera - Laich - Ward
Hendricks - Beagle - Crabb
Perreault - Camp spot
Alzner - Carlson
Smid - Green
Schultz - Orlov
Schilling

Old
12-11-2012, 01:47 PM
InjuredChoker

Smid will get 4+, I think. Forsberg could use season in the minors. Maybe. He's still raw.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

If Smid is willing to sign for $3.5M, he stays in Edmonton. Only way he hits the market is if he's asking for $5M+. Probably a similar story with Weiss as well.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
As long as we are talking about Semin, he is currently 2+7 and -6 in 13 GP for Torpedo.
Clearly the gritty North American style favors him greatly.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Halpysback

I'd much rather overpay for Smid than Laich or Ward. That spot has to be filled.

No chance we outbid Florida or Toronto for Weiss.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:04 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Reading Weiss' interviews I got the feeling that he doesn't really want to stay in FLA.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Reading Weiss' interviews I got the feeling that he doesn't really want to stay in FLA.
When Tallon took over, he asked what players wanted out. Horton said he did, he got traded. Weiss said he was committed to the Panthers.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
When Tallon took over, he asked what players wanted out. Horton said he did, he got traded. Weiss said he was committed to the Panthers.
I recall the same thing as he was one of my preferred targets to acquire and once he came out and emphatically stated his preference to stay .... that was that.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:52 AM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

2013 Caps training camp thread

In my opinion these players have got to play well THIS SEASON or be on extreme pressure from the fans and McPhee to leave town. There are replacements in our prospect list and in Hershey for these players. EDIT: Forsberg, Kuznetsov, Wilson, Barber, Mitchell, Galiev, Kundratek, etc.

Starting alphabetically:

Jay Beagle
--------------------
Beagle is a pretty good player but with forwards Kuznetsov, Forsberg, and possibly Galiev moving up to NHL ranks shortly he could soon be replaced. He is a good defensive player and helps on faceoffs but the Caps already have Matt Hendricks stepping up to that role. Beagle is already 27 and hasn't made a huge NHL impact in a career that has been promising. If he doesn't get it together this season, I could see him being out of Washington when the younger guys arrive.

Possibility out of 1/10 if performs badly: 7

Troy Brouwer
--------------------
This has nothing to do with latest CBA negotiations, Brouwer needs to step his play up. When we acquired him, there was a lot talk how he could make a large impact on our team. He's obviously been an efficient player in the NHL before but needs to transfer over to Washington or his name might be called. That being said, they would probably hold onto him for another year unless he has attitude issues and can't get it done whatsoever. He had a decent season but no where near as consistent as he should be. He even attacked teammates Roman Hamrlik and Michal Neuvirth in the off-season.

Possibility: 6

Mike Green
--------------------
Yes, you heard right: Mike Green. The Mike Green who put up over 50 points three seasons. The Mike Green who set Washington Capitals records. Green has failed to play 50 regular season games since 2009 and hasn't reached past 25 points. In that time span he has only scored 11 goals in 2 years. If he has a mediocre season this year, he could be put on the trading block, especially if he suffers more injuries. That being said, I believe the shortened season will help Green and hopefully for us he has a comeback much like a Drew Doughty did in Los Angeles. If you get my drift.

Possibility: 5

Mathieu Perreault

--------------------
Perreault is a really big fan favorite for many people. He is one of my favorite players and is a really great guy and talented player. Standing at 2 inches shorter than any player on the team, he has yet to make a huge splash in the NHL in 3 seasons with the Capitals. He only reached over 20 points once, and has a career 53 points. Hopefully for Perreault he puts up better numbers this season or I could see him being moved as were some of our other "talented" Hershey players. Unfortunately for the Caps, it might be one of those situations where he succeeds in another place and not in Washington. He reminds me alot of Daniel Briere, especially his stastics coming into the league. Very promising young man, let's hope he gets it done

Possibility: 7

Jeff Schultz
--------------------
Schultz has had some bright spots but mostly disappointment throughout his career. He is coming off two disappointing seasons where he didn't tally more than 10 points. He's only got above 15 points twice, on the 1st defensive pair with Mike Green. He should be at least averaging these numbers every year. While Green is less likely to be moved, Schultz is if he has a bad season. The only thing that could stop McPhee from dealing Schultz is the lack of defensive depth with the Caps/Hershey/Prospects.

Possibility: 9

Joel Ward

--------------------
Oh, Joel Ward. Playoff hero. Subject of race controversy. You've brought alot to the Caps over the past year. If you put up numbers like you did last season, though, you will find your way out. Ward put up no less than 29 points with Nashville in three seasons, scoring 40 goals in that time span. In one year alone in Washington he failed to crack the 20 point mark and had a measely 6 goals and 12 assists in 73 games. If he performs badly this season, he is good as gone.

Possibility: 10

Last edited by I Am Score*: 01-06-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 09:59 AM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

If some of these players do leave you have to remember we do have Kuznetsov, Forsberg, and Wilson coming into town shortly.

Forsberg didn't have a great WJC but I don't think he is a bust. If Galiev finally gets into town that makes it 4.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:02 AM
DCRedhawk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
In my opinion these players have got to play well THIS SEASON or be on extreme pressure from the fans and McPhee to leave town.

Starting alphabetically:

Jay Beagle
--------------------
Beagle is a pretty good player but with forwards Kuznetsov, Forsberg, and possibly Galiev moving up to NHL ranks shortly he could soon be replaced. Beagle is already 27 and hasn't made a huge NHL impact in a career that has been promising. If he doesn't get it together this season, I could see him being out of Washington

Possibility out of 1/10 if performs badly: 8

Troy Brouwer
--------------------
This has nothing to do with latest CBA negotiations, Brouwer needs to step his play up. When we acquired him, there was a lot talk how he could make a large impact on our team. He's obviously been an efficient player in the NHL before but needs to transfer over to Washington or his name might be called. That being said, they would probably hold onto him for another year unless he has attitude issues and can't get it done whatsoever.

Possibility: 6

Jason Chimera
--------------------
Chimera is one of the fastest players in the NHL. Unfortunately for him, that doesn't always translate over to goal scoring and play making. Last year he did have 20 goals and 19 assists, racking up 39 points but the past several years he's been inconsistent. His point totals include 26, 17, and 17 before last season. Being at 33, he has never got past 40 points in his entire career and if he puts up less than 26 points this year I see him being traded.

Mike Green
--------------------
Yes, you heard right: Mike Green. The Mike Green who put up over 50 points three seasons. The Mike Green who set Washington Capitals records. Green has failed to play 50 regular season games since 2009 and hasn't reached past 25 points. In that time span he has only scored 11 goals in 2 years. If he has a mediocre season this year, he could be put on the trading block, especially if he suffers more injuries. That being said, I believe the shortened season will help Green and hopefully for us he has a comeback much like a Drew Doughty did in Los Angeles. If you get my drift.

Possibility: 5

Mathieu Perreault

--------------------
Perreault is a really big fan favorite for many people. He is one of my favorite players and is a really great guy and talented player. Standing at 2 inches shorter than any player on the team, he has yet to make a huge splash in the NHL in 3 seasons with the Capitals. He only reached over 20 points once, and has a career 53 points. Hopefully for Perreault he puts up better numbers this season or I could see him being moved as were some of our other "talented" Hershey players. Unfortunately for the Caps, it might be one of those situations where he succeeds in another place and not in Washington. He reminds me alot of Daniel Briere, especially his stastics coming into the league. Very promising young man, let's hope he gets it done

Joel Ward

--------------------
Oh, Joel Ward. Playoff here. Subject of race controversy. You've brought alot to the Caps over the past year. If you put up numbers like you did last season, though, you will find your way out. Ward put up no less than 29 points with Nashville in three seasons, scoring 40 goals in that time span. In one year alone in Washington he failed to crack the 20 point mark and had a measely 6 goals and 12 assists in 73 games. If he performs badly this season, he is good as gone.

Possibility: 10

Not sure I agree on all of these:

1.) I doubt Beagle gets moved. Those guys you mention won't be competing for the same spot/role as him and I think he was fairly good in his established role last year. That role may have been over-utilized by Hunter, but he did a fairly good job, brings some energy and (although this is 100% hearsay) is apparently very good and well liked in the locker room.

2.) I think Chimera is a good third liner, on a decent contract, and like you said he scored 20 goals last years. I wouldn't bank on him getting moved either or really being on the "hot seat"

3.) Mike Green - He just signed a 3 year deal, but if I had a personal hot seat he would be the one on it... He needs to step up or they need to find a way to replace him. IMO he was very impressive last season, WHEN HE PLAYED. If he continues to be injury prone, I could see movement, but I wouldn't hold my breath on anything happening with him.

4.) MP - Yeah, it'd be nice if he could develop some consistency. Intersting to see what happens with him.

5.) Ward - His contract makes him an almost ideal buyout candidate. I would agree he is on the hot seat here.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:08 AM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRedhawk21 View Post
Not sure I agree on all of these:

1.) I doubt Beagle gets moved. Those guys you mention won't be competing for the same spot/role as him and I think he was fairly good in his established role last year. That role may have been over-utilized by Hunter, but he did a fairly good job, brings some energy and (although this is 100% hearsay) is apparently very good and well liked in the locker room.

2.) I think Chimera is a good third liner, on a decent contract, and like you said he scored 20 goals last years. I wouldn't bank on him getting moved either or really being on the "hot seat"

3.) Mike Green - He just signed a 3 year deal, but if I had a personal hot seat he would be the one on it... He needs to step up or they need to find a way to replace him. IMO he was very impressive last season, WHEN HE PLAYED. If he continues to be injury prone, I could see movement, but I wouldn't hold my breath on anything happening with him.

4.) MP - Yeah, it'd be nice if he could develop some consistency. Intersting to see what happens with him.

5.) Ward - His contract makes him an almost ideal buyout candidate. I would agree he is on the hot seat here.
I do like Beagle as a teammate but hopefully Oates gets more out of him. Chimera like you said is a good THIRD liner but he doesn't belong on the first or second lines. I've seen him paired with Ovi and Johansson way too many times last season. The dude can't score.

Perreault I would hate to see go although he is inconsistent. Green I wouldn't mind going since he is injury prone and apparently the biggest party hard dbag on the team (I can confirm this as I knew his girlfriend). Very lazy and injury prone doesn't work together.

Ward is definitley a buyout for sure if they use it. I don't see them buying out any other player at this point though unless MP and Brouwer stink it up.

I put Green on the hot seat because he chokes during the playoffs and is injured during the regular season. We basically get nothing out of him. If he does it again like this I can almost guarantee he is gone along with Ward. Maybe Brouwer too since we've got so many young talent coming into town. Perreault is one of those guys who you love and you can't let go although he sometimes plays like garbage.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:09 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

2013 Washington Capitals Opening Night Lineup

What do you guys think the lineup will be on opening night? Also, will Backstrom be ready to go or is he still hurt?

Mine:

Laich-Ribeiro-Ovechkin
Johansson-Backstrom-Brouwer
Chimera-Perreault-Wolski
Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb

Alzner-Carlson
Hamrlik-Green
Orlov-Hillen

Holtby
Neuvirth

Old
01-06-2013, 10:13 AM
I Am Score*
---BradD---

I think Nick will be hurt for a couple games so. But Nick won't lose the starting center to Ribeiro.

Ovechkin, Ribeiro, Laich
Brouwer, Johansson, Chimera
Crabb, Hendricks, Beagle
Ward, Perreault, Wolski

Schultz, Green
Alzner, Carlson
Orlov, Hamrlik

Holtby
Neuvirth

Final Lineup

Ovechkin, Backstrom, Laich
Brouwer, Ribeiro, Chimera
Perreault, Johansson, Ward
Beagle, Hendricks, Crabb

Old
01-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

OP clearly doesn't understand the purpose of a grinder.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:23 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
OP clearly doesn't understand the purpose of a grinder.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:26 AM
MoJoSauce

How worried are you guys about Backstrom and Orlovs injuries?

Old
01-06-2013, 10:27 AM
tycoonheart

Put Marcus in there. The guy has been disappointing considering the hype behind him. Needs to step up this season.

WTF @ Beags, Chimmers and Brouwer on that list.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:28 AM
G3 LesPaul

Isn't backstrom hurt or did I misread that.

If he isnt.

Ovi-Backs-Brow
MoJo-Ribero-Wolksi (I want to see what he can do here)
Chimmer-Laich-Ward
Hendricks-Beagle-MP85/Crabb

Carlson-Alzner
Hammer-Green
Sarge-Orlov

Holtby

Old
01-06-2013, 10:36 AM
Langway
Floatvechkin

No pre-season games and a compacted schedule sure doesn't help ease in a new coach & system. More than most teams it'll be important that all players get back in town in a hurry...and that they become quick learners. I'm not overly confident on that last part.

Closed Thread