HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tor - Pit

Old
01-06-2013, 10:04 AM
limite*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Kulimen is a big question mark, look like he took a giant step backward last season or was that 30 goal season a fluke. Yes he's playing well in the KHL, but he's always played well in the KHL, and the KHL is not the NHL. Bozak is small 2nd/3rd line C on a bad team and why would the Pens want him, he's not big enough for what the Pens need.
Why is this so hard for Leaf fans to understand. Bozak is a Bozo. Kulimen is not a cool man.

limite* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:09 AM
rockinghockey

I think this is a pretty fair deal, I see TO giving up more than PIT is. Kulemen would look very good with either Crosby or Malkin and Bozak is more established and better defensively than Sutter.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:24 AM
spiny norman
Mod Supervisor
Dinsdale !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
What do you value Kulemin at, the 30g scorer, or the player you saw last season. Also can the Leafs afford to give up that size and grit Kulemin sometimes brings.
I think that his last season was an anomaly and he'll bounce back.

The Leafs would be wise to keep him.

spiny norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 10:54 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Kulemin

Seriously, I said 'only deal I could conceive', not what I'd expect. I don't think that's what Burke is looking for. Maybe he loves either Bennett or Harrington enough to take Kennedy as a stop gap. But, I doubt it. And, I doubt that Shero moves either of those two for Kulemin.
"Concieving" should generally imply a deal making some morsel of sense from sides. A deal where the Leafs get 2 totally redundant assets for one who fills one of our greatest needs (size up front), doesn't satisfy that criteria.

Toronto is not shooting for more draft picks. That deal makes us worse immediately, and quite possibly long term as well, no matter which way you slice it.

Last edited by seanlinden: 01-06-2013 at 11:00 AM.
seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:11 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
"Concieving" should generally imply a deal making some morsel of sense from sides. A deal where the Leafs get 2 totally redundant assets for one who fills one of our greatest needs (size up front), doesn't satisfy that criteria.

Toronto is not shooting for more draft picks. That deal makes us worse immediately, and quite possibly long term as well, no matter which way you slice it.
I did provide the morsels . . .

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:34 AM
spizzle420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Why, because the players the Leafs are offering play for the Leafs?
Actually, it's cause they suck.

spizzle420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:51 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post

Here's something I floated on the Pens board-- much to most people's consternation, mind you: Kulemin for Harrington, Kennedy, and Tangradi. I floated the idea of Bennett.

As I said, I don't think Shero offers that (unless he's been getting videotape from Magnitogorsk), and I don't think that Burke takes it (unless he says 'Kennedy can replace the production this year, Tangradi may or may not pan out but he's an add on flyer, and I really like Harrington).

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Zen Arcade
Seen Spaling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I think this is a pretty fair deal, I see TO giving up more than PIT is. Kulemen would look very good with either Crosby or Malkin and Bozak is more established and better defensively than Sutter.
Yeah, the guy who has played almost 100 more games despite being three years younger and you'd be hard pressed to find many people outside of Toronto that think Bozak is better defensively.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Warm Cookies
Re-sign Kunitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Swing and a miss.

Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Anderson55

Living in Toronto I've nevet understood this love for tyler bozak, he's a typical if he's a top 6 center your team is not in the playofffs. Kulemin for Kennedy D spec or pick is all I would be interested in.

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Weakside Lock
Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
Living in Toronto I've nevet understood this love for tyler bozak, he's a typical if he's a top 6 center your team is not in the playofffs. Kulemin for Kennedy D spec or pick is all I would be interested in.
Toronto would hold onto Kulemin if that was the offer.

Weakside Lock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Lebda Snipes

Sutter is not a 1C yet. Way too lateral move for the Buds, makes no sense. Trading away roster players for anything but a 1C or 1G is pointless. Ecspecially giving away a well rounded big body player like Kulemin.

Lebda Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldy2266 View Post
To Toronto:
Sutter
Kennedy
Tangradi

To Pittsburgh:
Kulimen
Bozak

Top 9:

Lupul Sutter Kessel
JVR Grabo Kadri
McArthur McClement Kennedy

Dupuis Crosby Neil
Kunitz Malkin Kulimen
Cook Bozak Jeffries/Bennett/Vital

Does this make Toronto's and Pittsburgh's top nine better? Is this a lateral move? Does either team add? Or is the trade proposal all BS?
This does nothing for Pittsburgh.

If Bennett comes up I doubt he'll be used as a third liner, he'll be top two if anything. Like on a line with Malkin and Neal.

1st line will likely be Dupuis-Crosby-Kunitz
2nd line will hopefully be Bennett-Malkin-Neal

We won't be trading Sutter away. He's there to replace Staal and he fits that job as a replacement perfectly. So the third line will probably be Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy

Finally, Vitale is a center so it's highly unlikely he'll play on the wing unless there's injuries which means that the fourth line should look like this:

Tangradi-Vitale-Glass

If Bennett doesn't get the job next to Malkin it'll probably go to Tangradi which'll mean that Adams will take his spot.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote