HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bengals.jpg‎ (9.9 KB, 1 views)

Old
12-28-2012, 05:02 PM
EspenK

Bobcats roll in independence Bowl. 2 straight bowl victories.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:24 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Bobcats roll in independence Bowl. 2 straight bowl victories.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Deserves it's own post...

The SEC was so entertaining today, I don't care what anyone says. Watching Georgia dominate Nebraska in the second half, and then seeing the highlights from this game was awesome.

I'm almost thankful that the NHL isn't playing right now, because this college football season has been so good. Can't wait for the BCS title game next week!

Old
01-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
The SEC was so entertaining today, I don't care what anyone says. Watching Georgia dominate Nebraska in the second half, and then seeing the highlights from this game was awesome.

I'm almost thankful that the NHL isn't playing right now, because this college football season has been so good. Can't wait for the BCS title game next week!
It just wouldn't be January 1 if we didn't see the B1G 1G embarrassing themselves on national TV again.

Old
01-02-2013, 05:52 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
It just wouldn't be January 1 if we didn't see the B1G 1G embarrassing themselves on national TV again.
You obviously missed Northwestern pounding Mississippi St to end a 64 year bowl game losing streak

Old
01-02-2013, 07:37 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

4 of 5 Big Ten teams lost their bowl games yesterday.

OSU's undefeated season suddenly looks less impressive.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:22 AM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
4 of 5 Big Ten teams lost their bowl games yesterday.

OSU's undefeated season suddenly looks less impressive.

I'm actually surprised many of those games were as competitive as they were. OSU was the best team of a crap conference this year. I never felt, even if given a chance, they had any chance of competing on a national stage. A team like Alabama would make them look silly.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
Old
01-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2usp View Post
I'm actually surprised many of those games were as competitive as they were. OSU was the best team of a crap conference this year. I never felt, even if given a chance, they had any chance of competing on a national stage. A team like Alabama would make them look silly.
Personally, while I think he's a great athlete, Braxton Miller seems overrated to me, and I think that Alabama D-fence would rip him up. When I see him play, he just doesn't give me allusions to a guy like RG3 or even Denard Robinson, for that matter. Though, along with most other people in Columbus, I was raised to completely hate everything about Michigan. To this day, I still hate seeing blue and yellow in the same color scheme. Even though I don't consider myself a Buckeye fan, that is one thing that remains present.

Old
01-02-2013, 09:03 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Personally, while I think he's a great athlete, Braxton Miller seems overrated to me, and I think that Alabama D-fence would rip him up. When I see him play, he just doesn't give me allusions to a guy like RG3 or even Denard Robinson, for that matter. Though, along with most other people in Columbus, I was raised to completely hate everything about Michigan. To this day, I still hate seeing blue and yellow in the same color scheme. Even though I don't consider myself a Buckeye fan, that is one thing that remains present.
I have to agree with your assessment. Braxton, to me, just seems above average. However, I'm certainly not the judge of talent that Urban Meyer is. Due to this, and Urban's continued excitement over the guy, maybe the best is yet to come?

Old
01-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
I have to agree with your assessment. Braxton, to me, just seems above average. However, I'm certainly not the judge of talent that Urban Meyer is. Due to this, and Urban's continued excitement over the guy, maybe the best is yet to come?
One can only hope. I like to refer to Braxton as "the most entertaining player on the field" ... because you know something is going to happen, be it good or bad

Old
01-03-2013, 05:33 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Quote:
If he improves his passing, which is pretty bad imo, I think he is pretty good. A better offensive supporting cast would help him too.

Old
01-03-2013, 06:50 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
If he improves his passing, which is pretty bad imo, I think he is pretty good. A better offensive supporting cast would help him too.
I'd say that's his biggest area for improvement as well. I also thought his scrambling digressed as the year went on. He was spending a lot of time scrambling and trying to make defenders miss instead of just lowering his shoulder and getting a couple yards. I got the impression that coaching was trying to change up his game a little and he was a bit confused, but who knows.

Old
01-04-2013, 11:01 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
I concur.
Though truthfully, the 2002 Nat'l Championship team ALSO looked beatable in a crap conference that year. The 2012 team reminded me a lot of them. Both were often like watching a train that was about to wreck.

Old
01-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
I concur.
Though truthfully, the 2002 Nat'l Championship team ALSO looked beatable in a crap conference that year. The 2012 team reminded me a lot of them. Both were often like watching a train that was about to wreck.
Agreed. Notre Dame looked very pedestrian at times this year also ... had you told me in week 3 or 4 that they would be going to the BCS Title Game, I might have placed a bet with you.

Old
01-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Robert
BOB

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Gotta give a shout out to the Louisville Cardnial win in the Sugar Bowl... It was the biggest win in their history...and they did something the Buckeyes have rarely done if ever, beat the SEC in a football bowl game.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Can someone let AJ Green know that game started? Better yet lets get some better blocking for Dalton so he has more than 2 seconds to make a pass.

Old
01-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
We got a...

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
Can someone let AJ Green know that game started? Better yet lets get some better blocking for Dalton so he has more than 2 seconds to make a pass.
This game is hard to watch. Bengals shooting themselves in the foot right and left.

01-05-2013, 06:14 PM
FANonymous

Lets go HOUS-TON!!!

Old
01-05-2013, 06:16 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Crikey! A Devier Posey sighting.

Old
01-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Robert
BOB

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I have no clue what you are talking but then again I rarely do, you are too sexy for me...

as for the Bengals..

I feel bad for the Bengals, I wanted them to win... but when I saw my ex head coach favorite Wade Phillips shouting orders on the side line I knew the Bengals where doomed... Marvin Lewis is a good coach but one can only lose a wild card so many times...

Old
01-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Bungles, nuf said.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:00 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
**obligatory tattoo joke**

Old
01-06-2013, 10:17 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Offense should be leaps and bounds better than this past season.

Miller will have Hyde, Smith, Hall (returnin), Dunn, Ball, along with Jalin Marshal and Ezekial Elliot coming in. WR corp should be better as well, sucks James Quick didn't commit but good to see him stay home and play for Louisville. Oh, the entire line returning as well. News that Roby is staying is HUGE, most likely will be the best CB in the country next year. With Shazier's progress, good chance he'll be the best LB in the country.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
01-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Byrral

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Offense should be leaps and bounds better than this past season.

Miller will have Hyde, Smith, Hall (returnin), Dunn, Ball, along with Jalin Marshal and Ezekial Elliot coming in. WR corp should be better as well, sucks James Quick didn't commit but good to see him stay home and play for Louisville. Oh, the entire line returning as well. News that Roby is staying is HUGE, most likely will be the best CB in the country next year. With Shazier's progress, good chance he'll be the best LB in the country.
As much as this hurts to say, you are correct. With the big ten getting watered down even more with the additions of Rutgers and Maryland, with my Michigan team having a guy that can't coach or it seems can't recruit either, that unless they bring a couple of quality teams into the mix over the next couple of years, this conference will never be able to compete with the likes of the SEC for college football dominance. Instead of the big two and little eight we might be looking like the big one and little fifteen.

Closed Thread