HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2013 Training Camp Thread (Camp opens weekend of 1/11; NHL games start 1/19)

Old
01-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
So.....how fat is Drew Doughty?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I will always be a diehard Kings fan, but I almost feel like booing both teams when they hit the ice opening night.

What a joke this entire fiasco has been. Thank God we will never have to see Fehr's face around hockey again!!
Fehr did his job and got the players a far better deal than anyone would have thought once it was obvious the owners were going for the kill.

My hope is this is the beginning of the end for Bettman.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:23 AM
deeshamrock

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

No question target is 50-game, not 48-game, season. Speculation is it would be 5 games vs 4 division rivals and 3 games vs 10 Conf rivals.

I've read a few more TSN and CBC tweets that indicate the 50 game season and a 1/15 start

The 64.5 cap and losing Penner , Gagne and perhaps another extra will give the Kings plenty of space going forward. They also have the option to buy out a contract or 2 and might do that, esp if they want to bring up one of the young Dman.

I wonder if they have to wait for the owners to ratify this (TSN Says tuesday) for training camp to start?

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:29 AM
bobafettish*

wonder how the shortened season will work out, if the kings inept offense of old show up for a few weeks the kings could miss the playoffs.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I am just glad that we get to see this team in action. A healthy squad and one of the very few times a complete Stanley Cup winning roster has returned to the ice. At least we can see something of an encore from the most successful Kings team we've ever iced.

"I think part of his game is he’s over aggressive at times, which I like. We’ll tame that. I’d rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:32 AM
bobafettish*

crazy how the kings were under .500 at the halfway point and at the end of the season last year.

thank you loser point.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
[I]I wonder if they have to wait for the owners to ratify this (TSN Says tuesday) for training camp to start?
Yes, after the penalty language for teams not properly reporting HRR was mysteriously missing from the owner's offer 10 days ago, both sides said the packages had to be signed, sealed, and delivered before it can all be declared a done deal.

So I would assume we would have to wait for training camp to start. But with these two morons, nothing is a given.

01-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
LA Kings @LAKings
First order of business: raise banner.

Quote:
Ron M @RonM11
@LAKings Wrong. First order of business: give your fans something in exchange for their patience through this entire ordeal.

And a "Thank You, Fans!" decal on the ice just isn't going to cut it. That cutesy, edgy Kings Twitter account is going to wear thin on me if they continue to ignore the fans' smoldering anger in all of this.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Someone will have to fill that spot on the roster if Kopi can't go opening night.

And the answer is Loktionov?? Haha, I don't think so.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:51 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
I am just glad that we get to see this team in action. A healthy squad and one of the very few times a complete Stanley Cup winning roster has returned to the ice. At least we can see something of an encore from the most successful Kings team we've ever iced.
THis!

I can't wait to see a Sutter team from training camp onward. And that core, those players critical to the teams longterm success are all young and locked up for years. As black and white as I am about hockey , I really don't see many weaknesses on the team, and esp in the areas that you need studs in for Cup runs , Goalie, Dman and top 2 centers./
Other than Pittsburgh, I don't think any team can match what Kopi and Richards bring on both sides of the puck at center

If it is a 50 game season, 25 you wouild think are home games. Is that possilbe at the STaples? Isn't there a Grammy issue in Feb? Normally the 40 games home are divided among 7 mos or so. How will they fit them all in?

Old
01-06-2013, 11:56 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
And the answer is Loktionov?? Haha, I don't think so.
I said his spot on the roster, not his spot on the depth chart.

KopitarFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

If the Kings with the Cup again, Sutter will have to distinction to be the only coach in NHL history to have won two Cups without having to work a full season either time.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
I said his spot on the roster, not his spot on the depth chart.
The Kings' roster is going to be pretty full anyway. I would be surprised if Loktionov even gets called up.

Kopitar
Brown
Williams
Richards
Carter
Penner
Gagne
Stoll
Lewis
King
Nolan
Fraser
Clifford
Westgarth
Richardson

The Kings still have 14 forwards even if Kopitar misses some time.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Also, you guys are forgetting the absolute BEST part about this upcoming season....

NO MORE JAMIE ****ING KOMPON!!!!!!!!

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

If Chicago's PP hurts the Kings this year you guys may be singing a different song.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post

And a "Thank You, Fans!" decal on the ice just isn't going to cut it. That cutesy, edgy Kings Twitter account is going to wear thin on me if they continue to ignore the fans' smoldering anger in all of this.
well, last time we got the Robitaille signed jersey.

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:38 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

Assuming the rules haven't changed for calling players up and sending players down from the AHL. The Kings are gonna have decisions to make on some key prospects.

With the lockout over (god, it feels good to type that) Dwight King, Thomas Hickey, Jake Muzzin, Marc-Andre Cliche, Richard Clune, & Andrew Campbell are all on the Kings roster right now.

There's no doubt Kinger is staying. However... In order for anyone else to be sent back to Manchester they'll all have to clear waivers. There's a good chance a few of the guys wouldn't make it back to Manchester. So it's decision time, especially on Hickey! IMO we keep him. He's been the best defenseman on the Monarchs this season and it's time to give his cup of coffee, even if it's as a 7th d-man.

Hopefully sitting in the press box that much doesn't hurt his development but at this point we only have 3 options. The 7th d-man, trade him, or let him go (no chance imo he wouldn't get claimed on waivers)

Then there's Muzzin and Cliche. I think Muzzin might be the odd man out. There's a chance he could clear waivers, but it's defiantly a risky move. Cliche I think can be a solid 4th line center and penalty killer in the NHL. But with Fraser locked up for 2 years it's gonna be hard for him to get in there. He could make a nice extra forward for the Kings.

IMO, There's a good chance that Campbell and Clune would clear waivers.

Again, this is all assuming the rules haven't changed in the new CBA.

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
With Martinez's recent bouts with injury, I am sure we will keep Hickey. I am sure Dean will get creative.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Massive no to giving Loki a shot. When Kopitar returns Loki gets dumped and gets traded anyway. Just give Clifford some ice time on the 4th line till Kopitar returns

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
deeshamrock

Quote:
If Chicago's PP hurts the Kings this year you guys may be singing a different song.
Won't matter what their PP does, the Kings PK won't be affected by that.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Only thing I've heard so far is the first overall restrictions have been changed in the draft. Now the 14 lowest teams are eligible for first overall. The odds remain the same, but any team that wins it of the bottom 14 can move right up to first.
Awesome. No more punishing teams like Calgary who try every year to make the playoffs and end up in no mans land

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Awesome. No more punishing teams like Calgary who try every year to make the playoffs and end up in no mans land
Good point. But I still maintain Calgary would be better off stripping itself down and starting over.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:51 PM
KingCanadain1976

can anyone give me a update on quick i havent heard anything to the fact hes ready. Last i heard he was still rehabing his injury

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!

It's about damn time!

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:53 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

It's been a brutal last 3 months. I was impaneled on a jury trial for a criminal case that lasted 83 days. I would have killed for hockey while I was sitting at home all this time stuck going to court every day. The trial ended on Friday, the CBA agreement reached Sat/Sun right and now I have to go back to work traveling for 3 weeks right as the season resumes.

Hopefully hotels finally get NBC Sports Network.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote