HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly

Old
01-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Danglesnipe
52-22-8

vCash: 50
Ryan O'Reilly

Before all the threads about O'Reilly start popping up, let me just say I do think he will re-sign with the Avalanche fairly shortly now that a CBA deal has been reached.

However, if a deal cannot be reached between the Avalanche and O'Reilly, what would you offer as a fan of another team to land him?

Danglesnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Edler + wing prospect for ROR + (preferably NHL ready)defensive prospect.

Just spitballing, though.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Sasso09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post

Avs say no unless they have reason to believe ROR won't resign. ROR > Edler value wise.

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:

Absolutely terrible.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:47 AM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
Avs say no unless they have reason to believe ROR won't resign. ROR > Edler value wise.
"if a deal cannot be reached between the Avalanche and O'Reilly" was the whole premise for the post though.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
"if a deal cannot be reached between the Avalanche and O'Reilly" was the whole premise for the post though.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm not going to try to overpay to pry him away from the Avs unless he wanted out.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm not going to try to overpay to pry him away from the Avs unless he wanted out.
Even if he wants out he'll fetch a lot more than an upcoming UFA.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Without a contract in place?

And that's ignoring the fact that Edler > ROR anyways.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Badger Mayhew

I don't see this thread getting far. After all, an Avs player is involved, and we all know that every Avs player is a golden god.

Badger Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:

Do you understand the difference between UFA's and RFA's? Avs don't have to trade O'Reilly if they don't want to.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Sasso09

Quote:

Edler > ROR is debatable.... As of right now... Edler may slightly be the better player... slightly... Going forward it's radar without a doubt. And Edler is the only Canuck I like

Old
01-06-2013, 12:27 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
I don't see this thread getting far. After all, an Avs player is involved, and we all know that every Avs player is a golden god.
C'mon.

The problem isn't Avs fans overrating ROR. I think it's being offered an impending ufa, who's looking for a big payday, in exchange for ROR.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

Quote:
Do you understand the difference between UFA's and RFA's? Avs don't have to trade O'Reilly if they don't want to.
It doesn't matter if O'Reilly doesn't have to play for them. If the Avs choice is to trade ROR for a solid return or watch him play overseas until his RFA status expires, which do you think they would do?

Old
01-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

Quote:
Edler > ROR is debatable.... As of right now... Edler may slightly be the better player... slightly... Going forward it's radar without a doubt. And Edler is the only Canuck I like
How is it Radar without a doubt? A 50 point defenseman is better than a 50 point forward. I guess one can assume O'Reilly will end up being a 70 point player(which personally I think is unlikely), but it's not like Edler's a finished product either. Most defensemen enter their prime in their late 20s. How was Chara valued at 27? He became a much better player with experience.

and @CREW99AW

How is Edler looking for a big payday? Or how is he any different than O'Reilly, who according to the OP's premise, cannot agree on a contract with the Avs? I haven't heard any rumours about Edler wanting to leave due to contract issues.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Falco Lombardi
LET'S GO BLUES

In the incredibly unlikely event that a deal couldn't be reached, what would Colorado be looking for? Blues have wingers and perhaps the Avs want one of them in a deal with picks/other pieces?

Falco Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:43 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
In the incredibly unlikely event that a deal couldn't be reached, what would Colorado be looking for? Blues have wingers and perhaps the Avs want one of them?
Top 3 defenseman, no doubt. The Avs seem pretty set up front, but need help on D and a partner for EJ.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
It doesn't matter if O'Reilly doesn't have to play for them. If the Avs choice is to trade ROR for a solid return or watch him play overseas until his RFA status expires, which do you think they would do?
Edler isn't a solid return. Why in the God's name would they trade O'Reilly for a rental when they could get much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
In the incredibly unlikely event that a deal couldn't be reached, what would Colorado be looking for? Blues have wingers and perhaps the Avs want one of them in a deal with picks/other pieces?
Avs want the same thing as the Blues, young LH d-man with top pairing potential.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

Quote:
Edler isn't a solid return. Why in the God's name would they trade O'Reilly for a rental when they could get much more.

Avs want the same thing as the Blues, young LH d-man with top pairing potential.
I'd like to see how many much better offers you get. Edler is already a top pairing(borderline #1) defenseman, LH offensive defenseman who would perfectly compliment Johnson. I don't know who else you have your eyes on, maybe Gardiner from the Leafs? Leddy from the Hawks?

Old
01-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
How is it Radar without a doubt? A 50 point defenseman is better than a 50 point forward. I guess one can assume O'Reilly will end up being a 70 point player(which personally I think is unlikely), but it's not like Edler's a finished product either. Most defensemen enter their prime in their late 20s. How was Chara valued at 27? He became a much better player with experience.

and @CREW99AW

How is Edler looking for a big payday? Or how is he any different than O'Reilly, who according to the OP's premise, cannot agree on a contract with the Avs? I haven't heard any rumours about Edler wanting to leave due to contract issues.
Elders been in the league 5 years and hasn't scored 50 points once....ROR has been in it 3 years and already has.... I think it's safe to say you're underestimating RORs numbers and over estimating elders... Now let's compare the other side of there games.. Edler is an offensive forward and is better offensively than defensively.. ROR is much better defensively and one of the top 10 defensive forwards in the league...

Old
01-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
I'd like to see how many much better offers you get. Edler is already a top pairing(borderline #1) defenseman, LH offensive defenseman who would perfectly compliment Johnson. I don't know who else you have your eyes on, maybe Gardiner from the Leafs? Leddy from the Hawks?
Gardner and Leddy with contracts are much better returns than Edler without one... That's the point you're missing

Old
01-06-2013, 12:53 PM
northernKing

Bernier and Loktionov?

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
I don't know about that. I don't think a player with a KHL deal in place and who had already used that deal to get out of another team would really command that much value. ROR in a vacuum is worth a lot. ROR in a contract dispute isn't.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

Quote:
Elders been in the league 5 years and hasn't scored 50 points once....ROR has been in it 3 years and already has.... I think it's safe to say you're underestimating RORs numbers and over estimating elders... Now let's compare the other side of there games.. Edler is an offensive forward and is better offensively than defensively.. ROR is much better defensively and one of the top 10 defensive forwards in the league...

Anyways, over the past 3 seasons Edler has averaged 49 points over 82 games. So I'm sorry if I called him a 50 point defenseman. And how do you consider ROR better than Edler defensively, if they play completely different positions? I'd say with certainty that Edler is better defensively, because he is a defenseman.

Meanwhile ROR only has one season with more than 26 points. There's no guarantee he'll be able to improve upon last season, or even to maintain it.

Old
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
I don't know about that. I don't think a player with a KHL deal in place and who had already used that deal to get out of another team would really command that much value. ROR in a vacuum is worth a lot. ROR in a contract dispute isn't.
Don't expect anyone to understand that.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ivan13
Problem child

Quote:
Avs are building a team for the future, so 3 or 4 months of Edler mean almost nothing to them. I can't believe you can't understand why Edler isn't interesting to the Avs, in the end if he if Edler really wants to sign with the Avs he can easily do it in the offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post
Bernier and Loktionov?
Why would Colorado want Bernier?