HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lockout Thread UPD 1/6 - framework of new CBA agreed to

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

vCash: 500

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Old
01-06-2013, 10:46 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Ok now can the Sharks start Staclock or Sateri? And have Niemi as back up now? Please!

Old
01-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Logan Couture ‏@Logancouture Well were back! And to all the fans who have stuck with us and who will continue to support us, thank you!

TJ Galiardi ‏@TJGaliardi One word I never want to hear again.. "Lockout". Proud to be a part of the @NHLPA Can't wait to get back to San Jose and start this ride

San Jose Sharks ‏@SanJoseSharks The @NHL and @NHLPA have reached an agreement on the framework of a new CBA: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=649119&navid=TW

Old
01-06-2013, 11:08 AM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 797
Now the most important question has to be addressed. They've ignored the fans long enough. They can't anymore and have to do something before the season starts. Free Gamecenter Live/Center Ice would be a start. Also, painting "Thank You Fans" on the ice will not be enough.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:26 AM
68 Z-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
Now the most important question has to be addressed. They've ignored the fans long enough. They can't anymore and have to do something before the season starts. Free Gamecenter Live/Center Ice would be a start. Also, painting "Thank You Fans" on the ice will not be enough.
I highly HIGLHLY doubt center ice/game center will be free.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:32 AM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Z-28 View Post
I highly HIGLHLY doubt center ice/game center will be free.
CI won't be free, but it better be pretty cheap. The NHL needs to get off its high horse though and in the United States make Game Center free if you have a CI subscription. I think they've been doing that in Canada for a while, but makes no sense they don't do it here.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:38 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
CI won't be free, but it better be pretty cheap. The NHL needs to get off its high horse though and in the United States make Game Center free if you have a CI subscription. I think they've been doing that in Canada for a while, but makes no sense they don't do it here.
Also restructure the stupid blackout rules. Center Ice blacks out Sharks games for me even though I live in another state and our local cable provider does not offer CSNCA. It's idiotic.

Old
01-06-2013, 11:49 AM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Also restructure the stupid blackout rules. Center Ice blacks out Sharks games for me even though I live in another state and our local cable provider does not offer CSNCA. It's idiotic.
I agree the NHL needs to revise it's blackout rules, but the issue you mention is also an issue with Comcast and the cable/sat operators.

Correct me if I am wrong fellow Sharks fans, but aren't there people on certain cable companies in like Watsonville or other cities close to there whose local cable operator doesn't offer CSN-CA?

Sorry hb, you're one of the last people who should be deprived of Sharks games.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Ryane Clowe ‏@ryaneclowe29
Can't wait to get going!!

Old
01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle Some GMs and team execs saying "why didn't we make this deal in August?" today. Lot of disagreement over whether what they got was enough.

Agreed!

Old
01-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
thats not even just center ice, with bell in canada if you get sportsnet east,west, ontario. and want to watch a canucks game on sportsnet west while living in ontario you can't (pisses my dad off because he is a canucks fan lol)

Old
01-06-2013, 12:24 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
So looks like cap-circumventing is a thing of the past. This is really, really good for SJ.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:26 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
So looks like cap-circumventing is a thing of the past. This is really, really good for SJ.
My favorite part of the deal

Old
01-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

i didn't go out last night because i was sick, but i think i'm going to go out tonight to celebrate even though i am sick.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Where can I check out the deal or at least some cliff notes of the deal?

Why then hell are the Sharks still running a 1-2-1 PK? (Sorry, I need to practice my heckling).

Old
01-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

This is great news! Can't wait to watch the Sharks this year. Yay!

Last edited by Hatrick Marleau: 01-06-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

And the trolling begins!

Old
01-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post

Why then hell are the Sharks still running a 1-2-1 PK? (Sorry, I need to practice my heckling).
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin...t-lockout-ends

Old
01-06-2013, 12:46 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
http://www.coppernblue.com/2013/1/6/...d-were-baaaack

Good summary at Copper and Blue.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:

50-50 for all 10 years
300 make whole
1 way contracts in the ahl above a certain price count against the teams cap.
200 mill revenue sharing
14 team lottery (all 14 teams have a chance at 1st overall)
7 year max contract (8 if you resign your own free agent)
60 mill cap this year (but teams can spend up to 70.2 million)
season 2 cap is 64 million
2 buyouts (that don't count against the cap)
35% variance year to year on contracts, with the lowest wage on a year can be no less then 50% of the 1st years wage (so 10 mill in 1st year can go no lower then 5 mill in year 8)

tsn.ca has it, and so does the winnipeg free press (don't know the website)

Old
01-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

Quote:
The standard talking points were called out at the STH Meeting with the coaches at the Bulls game at HP.

Tmac said that reporters running with one statement about an assistant coach being in charge of the PK is BS. He said assistants are givin' assignments at the beginning of the year, but everyone is involved and Tmac said he was in charge of everything. The buck with the PK was on his shoulders.

He also said that anyone thinks that one coach is in charge of any part of the system is whacked. One coach may work more with certain players on certain details, but after each practice the coaches get together and talk about strategy and that strategy is determined by Tmac.

They also said the PK is something they are working very hard on fixing (Duh) and Robinson had a lot to say, but I don't remember enough to go into detail except that he said that a lot of it is based on trust and that the Goalie and the players need to be in sync. Putting most of the blame on the Goalie is BS. Expects Niemi to have a much better season and loves him as a goalie.

One other thing Robinson said was that when they played the Sharks they were afraid of their "SPEED". Contrary to some peoples belief that it is all based on player speed, he focused on team speed including puck movement and that the Sharks are a fast team as far as he's concerned.

I was the person who asked the PK question BTW

Old
01-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks
Before puck drops, #Sjsharks know next big challenge is winning back the fans. What Couture and Boyle have to say at http://www.mercurynews.com

Old
01-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
The standard talking points were called out at the STH Meeting with the coaches at the Bulls game at HP.

Tmac said that reporters running with one statement about an assistant coach being in charge of the PK is BS. He said assistants are givin' assignments at the beginning of the year, but everyone is involved and Tmac said he was in charge of everything. The buck with the PK was on his shoulders.

He also said that anyone thinks that one coach is in charge of any part of the system is whacked. One coach may work more with certain players on certain details, but after each practice the coaches get together and talk about strategy and that strategy is determined by Tmac.

They also said the PK is something they are working very hard on fixing (Duh) and Robinson had a lot to say, but I don't remember enough to go into detail except that he said that a lot of it is based on trust and that the Goalie and the players need to be in sync. Putting most of the blame on the Goalie is BS. Expects Niemi to have a much better season and loves him as a goalie.

One other thing Robinson said was that when they played the Sharks they were afraid of their "SPEED". Contrary to some peoples belief that it is all based on player speed, he focused on team speed including puck movement and that the Sharks are a fast team as far as he's concerned.

they are fast (not every one, but the majority of them), they just don't play a fast game.

just look at thornton (no he is not lightning fast), but if that big body gets moving he can and will make any defensemen look flat footed.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Trl3789

vCash: 219
At least they acknowledge that the fans are upset. And actually sound somewhat nervous about fan reaction.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Eighth Fret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post

Not sure how I feel about his perception that we are a fast team. Lack of speed is what's killed us in the playoffs the last two years.

Closed Thread