HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 CBJ Training Camp Thread (1/13-1/18)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2013, 11:53 AM
  #26
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
I thought Vinny went back home to play a couple of months ago.

http://www.hokejcb.cz/hrac.asp?id=Va...&kategorie=MUZ
I know he was in town around Christmas, although I don't know why.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:18 PM
  #27
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра
 
Comrade Blunderbore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: КПЗ
Country: New Zealand-Maori
Posts: 1,710
vCash: 50
it'd be a very stupid thing to hand Anisimov 3rd line minutes after the showdown he put in Yaroslavl, i'd say. the guy deserves a shot in the top-6. also you're getting a very hot goalie in Bob.

Comrade Blunderbore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 12:45 PM
  #28
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,060
vCash: 500
“@Aportzline: To be clear: Boone Jenner will come for NHL camp, per #CBJ John Davidson. Whether he sticks in #NHL will be determined by his performance.”

“@Aportzline: #CBJ D John Moore (concussion) has been cleared to resume skating, could be ready for regular season.”

__________________
@Aportzline: RT @skeezer1212: @Aportzline are you on record about if you think they should trade Nash, *Carter? / Not my place. Reporter, not columnist.
1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:14 PM
  #29
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
Couldn't agree more. No point in Johansen being up here if he's not getting top line minutes. Let him dominate for the rest of the year in Springfield then he can fight for a top spot in camp in September
Here we go again. Not 24 hours into a new tentative agreement and this crappy conventional wisdom rears it's ugly head.

Let this be one of Davidson's first decisions (along with the rest of the scouting staff) and not some lame decision based on uneducated hockey fans nonsense. Sure we can have opinions but most of us here haven't seen him play yet this year and we haven't seen how camp shakes out. Talking about going in with nothing and making a decision.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:15 PM
  #30
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
it'd be a very stupid thing to hand Anisimov 3rd line minutes after the showdown he put in Yaroslavl, i'd say. the guy deserves a shot in the top-6. also you're getting a very hot goalie in Bob.
How about we see camp before such declarations shall we? He, like every other player invited, deserves a shot in camp to make their case. Beyond that his performance is totally meaningless.

Thx, bye.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:19 PM
  #31
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,049
vCash: 500
As much as I would love to see Boone Jenner in Columbus; in a shortened season where we are highly unlikely to make the playoffs, I say save the contract year, send him back to juniors and let him continue to dominate.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:21 PM
  #32
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,275
vCash: 500
So many questions but I, for one, am excited for hockey again. I'm pissed at both parties but I love hockey and simply can't wait. I'm one of the suckers they know will come back no matter what.

As for the team, I'm OK with Jenner getting a look but think he'll finish the year in Junior. I also think there is a good chance that Johan stays in Springfield. He's playing top line minutes as a center (getting 20+ per night as I understand it) and that would be good for his development. Granted he's played in the NHL so I have no problem if he is up with the big club. Camp will decide I'm sure but I do like that he's playing top minutes at center right now. JD seems hell bent on development and continuing to strengthen the system and young players. Here's how I could see this working out:

Umberger - Brassard - Atkinson
Foligno - Anisimov - Dubinsky
Prospal - Letestu - Dorsett
Boll - MacKenzie - Fehr (sign as UFA)

extra - Gillies, Russell

Wisniewski - Johnson
Nikitin - Tuytin
Moore - Auoin

extra - Prout

Bobrovsky
Mason

Obviously signing a guy like Fehr is a crap shoot. I was looking for some more size in the lineup and someone that could theoretically play in multiple situations. Doubt it happens but just throwing it out there.

Will be interesting that's for sure.... I just hope it doesn't take too long to get good hockey happening.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:21 PM
  #33
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,455
vCash: 500
and we're back to not allowing people to have opinions on a message board...oh yippie

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:26 PM
  #34
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 6,826
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I know he was in town around Christmas, although I don't know why.
I think the league had a 2 week break or something. Not 100% sure though.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:28 PM
  #35
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ
 
Gagnefan924's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,056
vCash: 500
Hopefully Boone makes it, kid is fun to watch I just hope that if hes on the team he's at least a 3rd liner. As for Johansen, from the games I've seen he didn't dominate anything. Maybe Davidson will believe he's ready and he very well could play well in the NHL but we shall see when training camp comes up. As for D, Johnny Moore if he's ready, is a pretty sure thing for making the team. Supposedly dominated Springy and I see Erixon being the next best dman over Savard. It'll be interesting if they want to keep Timmy and Savard as a 7th dman though. Too excited for hockey!

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:31 PM
  #36
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Anisin averaged 15 minutes per game in the KHL. He wasn't 1st center even for Loko.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:34 PM
  #37
Nikita Filatov
Registered User
 
Nikita Filatov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Post-Lockout CBJ's

Dubi-Anisimov-Atkinson
Umberger-Brassard-Foligno
Prospal-Jenner/Johansen
JAM-Mac-Dorse
Gillies, Boll

JMFJ-Wizz
Tyutin-Nikitin
Moore-Aucoin
Erixon/Savard

Bobrovsky
Mason.

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:39 PM
  #38
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
So many questions but I, for one, am excited for hockey again. I'm pissed at both parties but I love hockey and simply can't wait. I'm one of the suckers they know will come back no matter what.

As for the team, I'm OK with Jenner getting a look but think he'll finish the year in Junior. I also think there is a good chance that Johan stays in Springfield. He's playing top line minutes as a center (getting 20+ per night as I understand it) and that would be good for his development. Granted he's played in the NHL so I have no problem if he is up with the big club. Camp will decide I'm sure but I do like that he's playing top minutes at center right now. JD seems hell bent on development and continuing to strengthen the system and young players. Here's how I could see this working out:

Umberger - Brassard - Atkinson
Foligno - Anisimov - Dubinsky
Prospal - Letestu - Dorsett
Boll - MacKenzie - Fehr (sign as UFA)

extra - Gillies, Russell

Wisniewski - Johnson
Nikitin - Tuytin
Moore - Auoin

extra - Prout

Bobrovsky
Mason

Obviously signing a guy like Fehr is a crap shoot. I was looking for some more size in the lineup and someone that could theoretically play in multiple situations. Doubt it happens but just throwing it out there.

Will be interesting that's for sure.... I just hope it doesn't take too long to get good hockey happening.
But it would help in understanding the new CBA

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:40 PM
  #39
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 14,455
vCash: 500
i'd personally rather the #7 dman be either Holden or another vet and let the kids play as much as they can in springy....unless they're ready for the time...could Moore/Erixon be ready as 3rd pair with Aucoin as the 7?

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:41 PM
  #40
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,287
vCash: 500
Umberger - Anisimov - Dubinsky
Prospal - Brassard - Atkinson
Foligno - Letestu - Dorsett
Gillies - Mackenzie - Boll
Russell

Johnson - Wisniewski
Tyutin - Nikitin
Moore - Aucoin
Erixon

Bobrovsky
Mason

If I were in charge... I would also let Johansen, Calvert, Savard, Jenner, and JAM have shots at making it but they would have to play at a 2nd line or pairing level in camp.

I would see if I could call up Murray without burning a year of his ELC. He wouldn't play but would be with the coaches, trainers, and team doctors constantly. He would become familiar with our plays, the city, the team, and could have the team provide medical supervision.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:45 PM
  #41
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Anisimov is not a 1st line center in any pro league. Even though he looks like Crosby on that Movember picture:

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:57 PM
  #42
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,287
vCash: 500
We don't have any 1st line centers anyways. Someone has to do it and I'd rather it be Anisimov than Brassard.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:59 PM
  #43
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра
 
Comrade Blunderbore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: КПЗ
Country: New Zealand-Maori
Posts: 1,710
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Anisimov is not a 1st line center in any pro league.[/IMG]
i see you are from Minsk... guess you are still disappointed by the 2011 KHL playoffs.

Comrade Blunderbore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:11 PM
  #44
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,432
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
and we're back to not allowing people to have opinions on a message board...oh yippie
Sure everyone is allowed opinions. Just try and make it an educated one. I have no idea who should be on the team (of the contested slots), which lines, etc. That's why we have camp, as short as it will end up being.

We are only a couple of months or so into the Davidson reign and we are already making declarations without giving him a chance to make his own. Kind of silly really.

It's amazing how many people will make decisions without ever seeing anything on ice to evaluate.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:20 PM
  #45
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
i see you are from Minsk... guess you are still disappointed by the 2011 KHL playoffs.
Not at all. And Anisimov has nothing to do with that Loko team, he was in NYC at that time. He's just not a good passer, for Loko he scored more shorthanded goals than PP goals.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:14 PM
  #46
Nikita Filatov
Registered User
 
Nikita Filatov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Not at all. And Anisimov has nothing to do with that Loko team, he was in NYC at that time. He's just not a good passer, for Loko he scored more shorthanded goals than PP goals.


Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Martin Hanzal plays a huge role for the Yotes without putting up big numbers, and Artem did put up some nice looking numbers next to Dubi and Callahan not too long ago. I don't see how Brassard can be seen so far ahead of him in your eyes.

Nikita Filatov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:26 PM
  #47
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 13,606
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
http://instagram.com/p/UJiHDZr_Wl/

Puts to rest my fears of Anisimov staying over there. Good news.

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:40 PM
  #48
jacketsinDC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Post-Lockout CBJ's

Dubi-Anisimov-Atkinson
Umberger-Brassard-Foligno
Prospal-Jenner/Johansen
JAM-Mac-Dorse
Gillies, Boll

JMFJ-Wizz
Tyutin-Nikitin
Moore-Aucoin
Erixon/Savard

Bobrovsky
Mason.
I agree with this lineup, except that I'd like to see JAM (or letestu) on a 3rd scoring line with johan and prospal, while boll is on the fourth line. JAM seems to have a lot of offensive creativity and might help johan find the scoring touch.

i hope (like you listed) anisimov and dubinsky get first line minutes while brass/umberger show what they can do on the second line. brassard regularly seemed sort of overmatched on the first line and anisimov seems like he would be up to the task.

jacketsinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:45 PM
  #49
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 18,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
http://instagram.com/p/UJiHDZr_Wl/

Puts to rest my fears of Anisimov staying over there. Good news.
He's RFA after this season.. then he might jump to KHL, I think that was the biggest fear.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:00 PM
  #50
Byrral
Registered User
 
Byrral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Sure everyone is allowed opinions. Just try and make it an educated one. I have no idea who should be on the team (of the contested slots), which lines, etc. That's why we have camp, as short as it will end up being.

We are only a couple of months or so into the Davidson reign and we are already making declarations without giving him a chance to make his own. Kind of silly really.

It's amazing how many people will make decisions without ever seeing anything on ice to evaluate.
And are you going to be the one who determines whether someones "opinion" is an educated one or not? Just asking.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.