HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal not involving Comrie

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2003, 06:20 PM
Jamie

vCash: 500
Proposal not involving Comrie

To much Comrie, so thought I'd throw a proposal that can hopefully in no way come back to him. How about we trade Horcoff to Nashville for Arkhipov? The salary differance is only $200,000 and I think a change of scenary would help both players. I really think Arkhipov could be a steal for us at this point if his value is as low as I'm guessing it is. Denis is also a year younger, which isn't much, but it does count for something.

Horcoff for Arkhipov...

So what do you guys think? I'm sure he's probably not someone a lot of guys around here would be overly thrilled about because of his current season, but I believe he would at minimum be better than Horcoff and could see him becoming our big center we're all asking for. And at little risk too(IMO, the only risk is $200,000 because Horcoff will not turn it around here). He's 6'3 213 pounds(according to NHLPA.com) He has had a 20 goal season and did it for a bad Nashville team. My guess is Horc probably wouldn't be quite enough, but it certainly makes a good starting point.

Old
12-10-2003, 06:23 PM
streetballer03

no can do buddy. Poille offered up Arkhipov for Comrie. There's no way we'll get Arkhipov without serious overpayment. Nashville fans love him for some reason.

Old
12-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetballer03
no can do buddy. Poille offered up Arkhipov for Comrie. There's no way we'll get Arkhipov without serious overpayment. Nashville fans love him for some reason.
I'm pretty sure the fans don't love him. I read the Preds board from time to time and a lot of them are either saying demote him to the 4th line or scratch him(some even in favour of Gamache over him). Chances are Horcoff isn't enough for management, but lets say then, we add a 3rd

Horcoff, EDM 2004 4th rounder
for
Arkhipov?

Looks fair to me.

Old
12-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Walsher

Just because their salaries are close doesn't mean they are equal trade partners. That would be like suggesting that the Oilers would trade Hemsky for Donald Brashear. They make close to the same money so that might work right? Arkhipov has had good seasons, he is a good player. His value is way more than Horcoff's ever will be.

Old
12-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Arkipov for Horcoff and a 2nd would do it.

Old
12-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Just because their salaries are close doesn't mean they are equal trade partners. That would be like suggesting that the Oilers would trade Hemsky for Donald Brashear. They make close to the same money so that might work right? Arkhipov has had good seasons, he is a good player. His value is way more than Horcoff's ever will be.
Arkhipov isn't all that great. Only reason I brought up salary is because the Oilers would be able to afford him. Horcoff has shown good skill ecspecially playing for Canada last year. As Mowzie suggested(changing my 3rd to a 2nd) I'd still do it. I wouldn't do anymore than that, but I think that would be worth the risk IMO. Just trying to say that possibly Nashville has grown impatient with Denis and maybe Horcoff and him could both use a change of scenary.

Closed Thread