HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Line Combos

Old
01-06-2013, 02:51 PM
MAK19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonthaveaCOWEN View Post
We came close this summer. We have tons of B and B+ prospects we can trade as part of a package . The time is now...go get Hjalmarsson.
No, he'll cost too much and when Cowen comes back, there'll be Left defensive d-man overload.

Cowen, Phillips, Methot, Hjalmarsson.

Too many bodies.

Hammer isn't that good either. He's OK. Average #4 d-man.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:52 PM
topshelfie

Quote:
We came close this summer. We have tons of B and B+ prospects we can trade as part of a package . The time is now...go get Hjalmarsson.
Bishop + Noessen + Zibby for Edler and a draft pick, assuming the Canucks trade Luongo elsewhere

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Bileur

I'm a Borowiecki fan, but he's going to need to control the aggressiveness before he makes the jump, both in terms of stupid penalties and in terms of playing proper positional defence. His nastiness will be a nice addition to the sense when he gets it together.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:54 PM
General Granny*

I think every team is going to wait until camp and maybe the 1st few weeks to really see what they have on the roster before making any moves.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:13 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Yes

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:15 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

We may have no choice but to bring up guys like Wiercioch (who may have earned it anyway) and Borocop.

I don't think Wiercioch will hurt us at all, in fact I think he's pretty close to being ready to make the jump, if he's not already there.

Benoit has played a handful of games in the NHL already, I'm sure we can use him if needed.

One thing is certain, our D corps isn't going to scare too many people. Well, it might scare our own fans when they are in their own end.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:21 PM
R2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
We may have no choice but to bring up guys like Wiercioch (who may have earned it anyway) and Borocop.

I don't think Wiercioch will hurt us at all, in fact I think he's pretty close to being ready to make the jump, if he's not already there.

Benoit has played a handful of games in the NHL already, I'm sure we can use him if needed.

One thing is certain, our D corps isn't going to scare too many people. Well, it might scare our own fans when they are in their own end.
In fairness to Benoit - a couple years ago when he played in the NHL a few games I was really impressed.

R2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:22 PM
leftwinglocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
I'm a Borowiecki fan, but he's going to need to control the aggressiveness before he makes the jump, both in terms of stupid penalties and in terms of playing proper positional defence. His nastiness will be a nice addition to the sense when he gets it together.
The "bad" penalties are an urban legend in this forum. No substance to that perception. He is a great positional D-man. That is why he is the BSens #1 PK man. he often kills the entire 2 mins like he did at Clarkson. Boro gets 80 games between this year and next or he will be a group VI free agent. I just can't see the Sens letting that happen (although I'd love to see him in NY or Philly)

leftwinglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelfie View Post
Bishop + Noessen + Zibby for Edler and a draft pick, assuming the Canucks trade Luongo elsewhere
If they trade Lu they will run Schneider/Lack.

Edler/Karlsson
Cowen/Ceci

woud be a nice top 4 for years to come.

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:41 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

I just remembered kulikov's still an rfa. I wouldn't mind throwing 4m (1st + 3rd) at him and just see what florida does about it.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Laszlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
I just remembered kulikov's still an rfa. I wouldn't mind throwing 4m (1st + 3rd) at him and just see what florida does about it.
They would match it.

Laszlo Panaflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Nizzy

Latendresse Spezza Alfreddson
Milo Turris Silfverberg
Greening Regin Neil
Daugs Smith Condra

Nizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
most draft years I would say yes, but this year I want our 1st round pick no matter what. Unless your bringing in a dynamic top young forward (duchene, tavares)

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:23 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Quote:

For sure. I'm hoping to see both get a shot in the NHL this year and their play in Bingo has certainly warranted at least a chance.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikTBo View Post
Can't we try O'Brien on defense? He has played D before. I don't know how long it's been but it's worth trying.
lol why search for weird options like that? Benoit, Wiercioch, Eckford and even Gryba would be better options by far

Assuming that Borowiecki is the 6th/7th D-man, we only need 2 guys and I think Wiercioch is going to be one of them

And apparently Lundin is going to be back in a few weeks

Karlsson, Gonchar, Cowen, Methot, Phillips, Lundin, Borowiecki

Need a 3rd/4th D-man and a 6th/7th D-man

Conclusion : Wiercioch and Borowiecki graduate but we need some experience to replace Cowen's spot... can't have 3 unexperimented guys on the blueline

Quote:
there's a couple of crappy UFA's out there too. Ryan Parent, Chris Campoli types.

edit: beaten.

edit2: also, paul ranger is playing for the marlies, but on an AHL contract with an NHL out. We'd offer him a better chance to play than toronto at this point, i'd assume.
Ranger would be a very good option... The guy had a great potential back then and was starting to reach it. If he serious and really want to be a NHL player now, he's got what it takes to be a second pairing D-man

Methot-Karlsson
Ranger-Gonchar
Phillips-Wiercioch
Borowiecki

If Ranger is as good as he was 3 years ago, we would be fine with that group

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
It'll be fun to see what happens with Lehner. He's outplayed Bishop in AHL for sure
Bishop wasn't supposed to play in the AHL (didn't even had a contract). The fact that Lehner is Bingo's N.1 has nothing to do on "what will happen"

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:41 PM
General Granny*

Will Ceci get a look at camp?

Just closed out his game 1G 2A and the shootout winner for the 67s.

Also we don't even know if Methot will have any type of chemistry with Karlsson, everyone thought pairing him up with Philips a season and two ago would be a perfect pairing.

I don't care what happens, I am just excited to talk hockey, rosters, lineups and players.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:44 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

I really hope that Lehner is with the O-Sens this year. He's clearly ready to move up.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 04:44 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post

Bishop wasn't supposed to play in the AHL (didn't even had a contract). The fact that Lehner is Bingo's N.1 has nothing to do on "what will happen"
I don't understand your argument. Things changed and Bishop did play in the AHL. Lehner has shown in the past 2 training camp that he was able to compete for the starting job in Ottawa. And he arguably was the best goaltender.

Now he's shown that he's ready for the big league, has matured as a person and outplayed the goaltender he's fighting with for the backup role in Ottawa. He has nothing else to do in the A really. IMO Lehner will be in Ottawa by the end of the season, probably sooner rather than later.

mat_sens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Laszlo Panaflex

Quote:
I really hope that Lehner is with the O-Sens this year. He's clearly ready to move up.
Isn't it better for him to play in Bingo then come up here and back up Andy?

Old
01-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Laszlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
Will Ceci get a look at camp?

Just closed out his game 1G 2A and the shootout winner for the 67s.

Also we don't even know if Methot will have any type of chemistry with Karlsson, everyone thought pairing him up with Philips a season and two ago would be a perfect pairing.

I don't care what happens, I am just excited to talk hockey, rosters, lineups and players.
He might get a look, but I would be shocked if he made the team. He will play the rest of the year with the 67's.

Old
01-06-2013, 07:15 PM
topshelfie

Any exhibition games planned? When do rosters have to be official?

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Panaflex View Post
He might get a look, but I would be shocked if he made the team. He will play the rest of the year with the 67's.
He'll likely get traded, but I agree, he'll finish this year in the OHL.

Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Canuckman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwinglocker View Post
The "bad" penalties are an urban legend in this forum. No substance to that perception. He is a great positional D-man. That is why he is the BSens #1 PK man. he often kills the entire 2 mins like he did at Clarkson. Boro gets 80 games between this year and next or he will be a group VI free agent. I just can't see the Sens letting that happen (although I'd love to see him in NY or Philly)
He's basically with the Sens until he's 27 when he becomes and UFA

Canuckman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:37 PM
leftwinglocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
He's basically with the Sens until he's 27 when he becomes and UFA
Group VI UFA = 25 yrs old, 3 pro seasons (includes AHL), less than 80 NHL games. If he gets 80 NHL games between this season or next then you are correct.

leftwinglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.

vCash: 1072
Quote:
How are teams going to focus on Karlsson more than they already have been?

Stare hard and concentrate when he is on the ice? Bend spoons with their mind power?

"OK guys, I want you to watch out for this #65 kid that has obviously been overlooked as he put up 78 points and won the Norris without anybody noticing and trying to stop him."
Funny, but the Rangers (and teams toward the end of the year) started noticing that Karlsson passed to his D partner a lot, or tries a little squeeze rush. As the Rangers demonstrated, it's entirely possible to neutralize him for extended periods. As mediocre as Kuba was, he could also move the puck. Methot is...blech. I'm expecting a bit of a regression from this book but that's fine as they're not on the cusp of contending. With the new draft rules it might be worth doing a semi-tank if we're not in the mix come early March and just load up on more prospects for that time when we are able to contend...

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote