HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly

Old
01-06-2013, 01:41 PM
agentblack

vCash: 70
Gardiner + for ROR

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Do you even know how RFA works? Even if O'Reilly doesn't re-sign, they still get full value in a trade for him.
Yes, and in my opinion, full value for him is equivalent to a better player with one year left.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Yes, and in my opinion, full value for him is equivalent to a better player with one year left.
You're insane. The value of ROR is much higher than that of Edler, from an outside perspective, unless the Avs can negotiate a deal with him first.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:47 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernKing View Post
Bernier and Loktionov?
this would have been tempting before the Varlamov trade, now: not so much

falconski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:49 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Here we go again....

Anyways, there is absolutely no chance the Avs trade O'Reilly for an impending UFA. The Cap drops to 64m next year anyways, I highly doubt the Canucks will be able to re-sign him. Why trade for someone we could just try and get in FA?? If we are trading ROR, it should be for a young defensman that can grow with the rest of our core.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
You're insane. The value of ROR is much higher than that of Edler, from an outside perspective, unless the Avs can negotiate a deal with him first.
I expect that any team that trades for Edler to be able to extend him. As ROR is an RFA we could also prenegotiate an extension with him, so I don't see why we wouldn't allow the Avs to do the same thing with Edler.

Unless there's any specific reason why he wouldn't re-sign with them, I don't see it as that big a deal.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:53 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
I expect that any team that trades for Edler to be able to extend him. As ROR is an RFA we could also prenegotiate an extension with him, so I don't see why we wouldn't allow the Avs to do the same thing with Edler.

Unless there's any specific reason why he wouldn't re-sign with them, I don't see it as that big a deal.
Well, everyone else in the thread does see it as a big deal.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Here we go again....

Anyways, there is absolutely no chance the Avs trade O'Reilly for an impending UFA. The Cap drops to 64m next year anyways, I highly doubt the Canucks will be able to re-sign him. Why trade for someone we could just try and get in FA?? If we are trading ROR, it should be for a young defensman that can grow with the rest of our core.
You'd trade for him because even if we weren't able to re-sign him(we will), we'd trade him to the highest bidder before he hits UFA, who would love to have him.

And you know Edler is only 27, right? I've also heard that the Avs have plenty of good D prospects, and want an established top-pairing defenseman to play with EJ. So go figure.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Avs44

Quote:
And you'd trade for him because even if we weren't able to re-sign him(we will), we'd trade him to the highest bidder before he hits UFA, who would love to have him.

And you know Edler is only 27, right? I've also heard that the Avs have plenty of good D prospects, and want an established top-pairing defenseman to play with EJ. So go figure.
We'd trade for his rights you mean? You wouldn't get much. Don't put all your hopes on that. Look at what previous UFAs have fetched. You'd be lucky to get a 2nd/3rd round pick.

Yes, we do need a top pairing defensman. Yes, I know Edler is 27. We don't want an upcoming UFA. And I'm glad you have confidence in that you guys will be able to re-sign Edler. Go ahead and keep him then.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Well, everyone else in the thread does see it as a big deal.
That's nice. Out of curiousity, would you be willing to trade, say, Logan Couture for Corey Perry? Assuming for whatever reason Couture had to be traded anyways? Or would you try to find a different offer comprised of lesser pieces?

Old
01-06-2013, 02:00 PM
Stormcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Gardiner + for ROR
The Leafs are not in a position to move Gardiner really.

Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
We'd trade for his rights you mean? You wouldn't get much. Don't put all your hopes on that. Look at what previous UFAs have fetched. You'd be lucky to get a 2nd/3rd round pick.

Yes, we do need a top pairing defensman. Yes, I know Edler is 27. We don't want an upcoming UFA. And I'm glad you have confidence in that you guys will be able to re-sign Edler. Go ahead and keep him then.
I'm not in support of swapping ROR for an unsigned Edler, but it's ridiculous to say they'd be lucky to get a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick for him. They'd have no problem grabbing a first for him at the deadline.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:

Happily. I gave my opinion on what I'd be willing to offer from the Canucks. If you think getting someone like Leddy is preferable, then by all means, go ahead.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
I'm not in support of swapping ROR for an unsigned Edler, but it's ridiculous to say they'd be lucky to get a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick for him. They'd have no problem grabbing a first for him at the deadline.
I was talking about his UFA rights in the off-season.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:05 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
That's nice. Out of curiousity, would you be willing to trade, say, Logan Couture for Corey Perry? Assuming for whatever reason Couture had to be traded anyways? Or would you try to find a different offer comprised of lesser pieces?
No, I wouldn't. There's absolutely no reason that Perry would re-sign in SJ.

I would swap him for a similarly-aged and similarly-talented forward.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:06 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
I remember a Sharks fan did Vlasic for ROR straight up. Something I would definitely think long and hard about.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I remember a Sharks fan did Vlasic for ROR straight up. Something I would definitely think long and hard about.
two of my favourite NHLers traded for each other? Man I love Vlasic but that would be a tough one to swallow.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Something around ROR + for Gardiner + would be neat. The only reason I am willing to move Gardiner is because of Reilly.

01-06-2013, 02:12 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Probably me. I love Vlasic but Radar is one player I'd consider trading him for. Key word is consider, because that does bad things to our defense, and as much as I love Radar I'd like to see him repeat his number from last year.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
The Leafs are not in a position to move Gardiner really.
From a depth point of view they are. There is potentially 9-10 dmen that could be playing on the Leafs at this point. As much as I love Gardiner, and think he is better than most of the dman available within the organization, he could potentially be replaced by Reilly in a couple years. We have enough stop gaps to replace him if it means getting a ROR in return.

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Something around ROR + for Gardiner + would be neat. The only reason I am willing to move Gardiner is because of Reilly.
Wouldn't have to be a + on Oreilly, unless theres a significant + on Gardiner, which outside of Kessel I don't think there is a significant + to be added to Gardiner.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:18 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Wouldn't have to be a + on Oreilly, unless theres a significant + on Gardiner, which outside of Kessel I don't think there is a significant + to be added to Gardiner.
I'm merely suggesting framework to a deal which for all anyone knows O'reilly would be traded along with a 7th rounder for Gardiner +. I'm even going to begin to elaborate on a fair deal that would make up the ground between ROR and Gardiner because all it would do is ignite a pissing match between Av's fans and Leafs fans trying to exact the value of their players. It would be a war no one would win because everyone on Hf is a stubborn homer, especially when it comes to their up and coming young guns of their respective teams.

Schenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:21 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
What about swapping RFA's something built around ROR for Kulikov, obviously other pieces would be added.

S3rkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:23 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
What about swapping RFA's something built around ROR for Kulikov, obviously other pieces would be added.
I've been thinking about that one ever since ROR signed that deal in Russia.

BoxOfChocolates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2013, 02:26 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
I've been thinking about that one ever since ROR signed that deal in Russia.
haha @ your location

S3rkie is offline   Reply With Quote