HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I wonder if Risto could slide to 10.
Finland flopping might have helped us in that regard. While he's the clear 2nd best defender in this draft for me I'm guessing a lot of others don't feel the same way.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:18 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
Bergevin went to a lot of Rimouski games this year. I think they are really interessed by Frederick Gauthier. He would be a excellent 2nd line center. Great 1-2 punch with Gally. If we pick around 15-25 overall, I'll go with him. The best scenario would be that we pick Top 5 (Drouin), trade for a late 1st round pick a get Gauthier. After that we get complementary talent or long shot with our three 2nd round picks.

Perfect Scenario (will never happen, but let's dream a little)

1st pick (top 5): Jonathan Drouin
2nd pick (late 1st round) : Frédérik Gauthier
3rd pick (top tier 2nd round): Anthony Duclair
4th pick (1st half of 2nd round): Nick Sorensen
5th pick (late 2nd round): Mirco Muller
6th pick (top tier 3rd round): Nic Petan
7th pick (top tier 5th round): Samuel Morin
8th pick (top tier 6th round): Jake Montgomery
9th pick (top tier 7th round): Hampus Olsson

Dream draft ... The first pick can be argued, but it depends where we pick. Here's my top 5 picks: either of them and I would be happy.

Jones
Drouin
Lindholm
Mackinnon
Barkov
You're right about Bergevin. He was here too when the Océanic was in town. He has seen a lot of Rimouski this year. Wouldn't be surprised either if we draft a guy like Lysenko in the 4th/5th. Hits like a truck, is pretty good defensively and has some offensive potential too, he's starting to pick it up. Not the heaviest slapper, but it's always on net. Bergevin has seen him at least 3 times this year.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:21 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I wonder if Risto could slide to 10.
I would take him earlier but Mac, Jones, Drouin, Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan, Shinkaruk and Pulock can easily pass him. Lazar, Erne and Nichushkin can pass him. Maybe.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:24 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
I would take him earlier but Mac, Jones, Drouin, Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan, Shinkaruk and Pulock can easily pass him. Lazar, Erne and Nichushkin can pass him. Maybe.
Naw. Ristolainen is my #2 as far as D goes. It's debatable for Pulock though. No way Lazar, Erne or AK 2.0 pass him, as much as I love Erne.

EDIT: If they do indeed pass Rasmus, then it's a bad pick.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
It might be due to the ankle injury but the player I'm seeing this year has trouble keeping up in the AHL. He's just not creating much and he's consistently a second behind the play.
Crosby struggled with a high ankle sprain a few years back and his production was clearly lower.

I'm not too concerned with Leblanc from what he showed last year, I just want him to get healthy, get stronger and faster. I hope they leave him AHL at least for the rest of this year.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Bergevin went to a lot of Rimouski games this year. I think they are really interessed by Frederick Gauthier. He would be a excellent 2nd line center. Great 1-2 punch with Gally. If we pick around 15-25 overall, I'll go with him. The best scenario would be that we pick Top 5 (Drouin), trade for a late 1st round pick a get Gauthier. After that we get complementary talent or long shot with our three 2nd round picks.

Dream draft ... The first pick can be argued, but it depends where we pick. Here's my top 5 picks: either of them and I would be happy.

Jones
Drouin
Lindholm
Mackinnon
Barkov
Gauthier scares me because of his "softness" a la colborne. Don't think he lasts until the 2nd round anyways.

Duclair will be a 1st rounder and Sorensen should go 25-40. Would be a nice pick if we can get him with one of our 2nds in the 35-40 range.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Et le But

As far as Swedes go, I hope they are looking at both Sorensen and Wennberg for the second round.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:46 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Gauthier scares me because of his "softness" a la colborne. Don't think he lasts until the 2nd round anyways.

Duclair will be a 1st rounder and Sorensen should go 25-40. Would be a nice pick if we can get him with one of our 2nds in the 35-40 range.
Gauthier could be more physical but he's not soft. Much more complete than Colborne.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:54 PM
That

Quote:

Jones
Drouin
Lindholm
Mackinnon
Barkov
Like the list for the most part. I just searched Jake Montgomery and I really like what I hear about him.

I do think he we need to a big body up front that plays a punishing style ala Wilson or Camara. Olsson has the size, but I don't know much about him.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Gauthier could be more physical but he's not soft. Much more complete than Colborne.
I agree from what i've seen/heard
He has a lot stronger hockey sense.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:06 PM
DAChampion

I predicted the Habs would be 11th-15th in the eastern conference this season, as early as last summer.

Thus, the most likely pick is 5th or 6th overall, depending on how the eastern and western conference bottom feeders compare in point totals.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:32 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Naw. Ristolainen is my #2 as far as D goes. It's debatable for Pulock though. No way Lazar, Erne or AK 2.0 pass him, as much as I love Erne.

EDIT: If they do indeed pass Rasmus, then it's a bad pick.
Pulock vs Risto depends on team needs. I personally prefer Risto but im sure some people prefer Pulock.

If they let Risto drop for Erne, Lazar or Nichushkin(or AK 2.0) then its better for montreal.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I predicted the Habs would be 11th-15th in the eastern conference this season, as early as last summer.

Thus, the most likely pick is 5th or 6th overall, depending on how the eastern and western conference bottom feeders compare in point totals.
Lots of bounce back players, new coach, new Gm plus crappy luck last year...I predict 6th or 7th in east.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Lots of bounce back players, new coach, new Gm plus crappy luck last year...I predict 6th or 7th in east.
The biggest upgrade vs last year should be on defense. Markov alone should be huge and Emelin & Diaz with their first year under their belts should be an important improvement. Bouillon will also help solidify the bottom pairing when in the lineup. Those should go a long way in loosing less one goal games.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
The biggest upgrade vs last year should be on defense. Markov alone should be huge and Emelin & Diaz with their first year under their belts should be an important improvement. Bouillon will also help solidify the bottom pairing when in the lineup. Those should go a long way in loosing less one goal games.
I think the biggest improvement of all is JM and RC are gone. Might not make the team win more games but jesus christ at least the games won't put me to sleep.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Pulock vs Risto depends on team needs. I personally prefer Risto but im sure some people prefer Pulock.

If they let Risto drop for Erne, Lazar or Nichushkin(or AK 2.0) then its better for montreal.
Pulock vs Risto depends a lot more on what upside teams see in each player than on team needs. I think they are similar players.

Last edited by Fozz: 01-06-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Plus guys like Prust and Armstrong makes them harder to play against(plus healthier White and Moen who only played 48 and 20 games). Bourque is bigger/stronger/meaner than Cammalleri also.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

I don't see why the love for Nichushkin.. I don't want to waste another high pick if we get a top 10 pick for another russian that will never show up like AK46. So much wasted talent. Never shows up during the playoffs. Plus, he seems like a Rick Nash with a tunnel vision.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:43 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:

Totally agreed.

It's interesting to note that Daniel Audette(Habs scout) is in Boisbriand today as the Saguenéens are in town. It might be to see how Hudon feels after his injury, but the Sags have a couple of interesting draft eligibles in Grégoire and Dauphin, I wrote about them in my game report Friday for those interested.

EDIT: Actually the whole Habs' brass is there too, just like yesterday, as Whitesnake reported.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 01-06-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old
01-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I don't see why the love for Nichushkin.. I don't want to waste another high pick if we get a top 10 pick for another russian that will never show up like AK46. So much wasted talent. Never shows up during the playoffs. Plus, he seems like a Rick Nash with a tunnel vision.
Erne seems like a much nicer choice.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
- I don't put all that much stock in clutch vs non-clutch reputations, but if you're going to use that criteria, Nichushkin did score the goal that beat Canada in OT.

- "a Rick Nash with tunnel vision" is still a very useful player.

- Can you say "so much wasted talent" about a 17 year old? At that age, shouldn't it just be "so much talent"?

- AK46 is not Russian.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:16 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
- I don't put all that much stock in clutch vs non-clutch reputations, but if you're going to use that criteria, Nichushkin did score the goal that beat Canada in OT.

- "a Rick Nash with tunnel vision" is still a very useful player.

- Can you say "so much wasted talent" about a 17 year old? At that age, shouldn't it just be "so much talent"?

- AK46 is not Russian.
AK46 was a very useful player, was a big fan of him. I'd still take many players picked behind him in the 2003 draft before him though.

Bielorussians and Russians are pretty similar, don't be silly.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Roulin

Quote:
AK46 was a very useful player, was a big fan of him. I'd still take many players picked behind him in the 2003 draft before him though.

Bielorussians and Russians are pretty similar, don't be silly.
Even Russians and Russians differ greatly. I wouldn't compare Markov with Volchenkov or Petrov with Kovalev. To mix metaphors, Jabba11's "another russian that will never show up like AK46" comment looks like a paint-em-all-with-the-same-brush sundae - the fact that Kostitsyn is not actually from that country is just a delicious cherry on top.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:36 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Even Russians and Russians differ greatly. I wouldn't compare Markov with Volchenkov or Petrov with Kovalev. To mix metaphors, Jabba11's "another russian that will never show up like AK46" comment looks like a paint-em-all-with-the-same-brush sundae - the fact that Kostitsyn is not actually from that country is just a delicious cherry on top.
That was a huge préjugé from him, I'll give you that. But Belarussians and Russians are pretty similar people, coming from the same roots I believe.

Old
01-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Et le But

Brian Gionta plays with tunnel vision too, does that make it an American thing too? We better get rid of Galchenyuk then. Especially since he's also Russian and Belarussian, the worst of every world.

Closed Thread