Notices

Around The League - Hockey is back!

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
So how do the amnesty buyouts work? I know they can't be done before this short season is finished, but how will the buyouts work. Same as before where they are paid 1/3 of their salary but nothing counts against cap?

Old
01-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Exit Dose

Sounds like Lubo wants to stay in the KHL.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:18 PM
mighty all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Sounds like Lubo wants to stay in the KHL.
Great trade then haha. At first I hated that trade, now because of the lockout it seems like Murray was the winner easily.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Nab77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
So how do the amnesty buyouts work? I know they can't be done before this short season is finished, but how will the buyouts work. Same as before where they are paid 1/3 of their salary but nothing counts against cap?
Full contract value was the talk before the deal at least. Doesn't count against the cap.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Any update on whether those long term deals will still count against cap if the player retires? Wasn't NHL trying to get that done?

Old
01-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Exit Dose

Craig Custance @CraigCustance
Checked w/a couple GMs and they anticipated an early April trade deadline. @Real_ESPNLeBrun reporting that league suggesting April 5.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:03 PM
DarthYenik

I think that BS "sports reporters" segment on Sports Center could have just been ESPN scrambling to get SOMETHING on the air in regards to the lockout ending. But they only had these (probably NFL analysts) guys who know jack **** about hockey. Since then they got Barry Melrose on the phone to drop some actual relevant points, and have stopped airing the sports reporters segment.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
Great trade then haha. At first I hated that trade, now because of the lockout it seems like Murray was the winner easily.
He wants to stay in Bratislava because he was traded to the Islanders though. If he was still a Duck he would have played in the NHL. Can't blame him for being upset about being traded to a rebuilding team at his age though, considering that he already played on horrible Kings and Oilers teams past lockout.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:58 PM
2faded

So I think I read that the cap next season is 60 million but teams are allowed to spend up to 70 million. How does that make sense?

Old
01-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
So I think I read that the cap next season is 60 million but teams are allowed to spend up to 70 million. How does that make sense?
It's 70 million this year, but it drops next year.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
It keeps the cap floor at 44M rather than 54M. Too many teams spent too high to go to 60 this year, too many players would have been bought out.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:27 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
It's 70 million this year, but it drops next year.
Jeez

Old
01-06-2013, 07:45 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Can't wait for the schedule cause I want to see when King Justin comes to Anaheim. Hopefully Getz remembers that tool.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
OK, I decided to get off my butt and pursue this. I just called Anaheim Ice and a nice lady told me the following:

1. The practices are usually open to the public but the players can ask for them to be closed.

2. Practices are sometimes scheduled ahead of time and sometimes last minute (as in they call that morning to book).

3. Scheduled practices are occasionally canceled at the last minute as well.

4. The rink always keeps a slot available for the players every day. This allows for their ability to have a last minute, previously unplanned, practice.

And, as of this minute, there is a practice scheduled Monday from 10:30 - 12:00. If something doesn't come up I may try to get over there. The lady did suggest calling first to make sure they haven't cancelled.
OK, so I just called this morning to confirm today's practice and was told the practice is still on but it is closed to the public.

After the ******** we just went through the practice is closed to the public? Well **** them.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
I hope the actual training camp will be open to the public. Always appreciate the reports others write on here.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Yeah, I'm sure they just need time to write "Thank you fans" on the ice. What a bunch of dickheads.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:38 PM
DarthYenik

Thanks, Eddie, was just about to look that up.

I hope they have training open to the public. But if they need the privacy to fit training into one week, I'm okay with it.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
Thanks, Eddie, was just about to look that up.

I hope they have training open to the public. But if they need the privacy to fit training into one week, I'm okay with it.
Why do they need privacy now? According to the lady on Sunday, while the players always had the option to close practice to the public, they never did. Why now? Real fan friendly, yeah. Especially right after the lockout ends.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:02 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Shall we go back to open practices but still in lockout?

Old
01-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Shall we go back to open practices but still in lockout?
Because they could only be nice to the fans when they had something (good publicity) to gain from it? OK, I see your point.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Talking about other teams, can we made these in Honda Center when it`s ''Shark invasion'' (or whatever they call it)?
Upgraded WC

Old
01-07-2013, 01:38 PM
DarthYenik

Quote:
Why do they need privacy now? According to the lady on Sunday, while the players always had the option to close practice to the public, they never did. Why now? Real fan friendly, yeah. Especially right after the lockout ends.
Who knows. Most of the players probably don't care. I'm sure it only takes one guy to say, "I don't want anyone taking pictures of me", for the rest to agree.

That said, I don't think the team is going to allow a missed opportunity for PR, especially right now. When the team comes together for an actual practice, which I don't think today is, then we'll see the "Come on down to Anaheim Ice..." headlines, tweets, and facebook posts.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYenik View Post
Who knows. Most of the players probably don't care. I'm sure it only takes one guy to say, "I don't want anyone taking pictures of me", for the rest to agree.

That said, I don't think the team is going to allow a missed opportunity for PR, especially right now. When the team comes together for an actual practice, which I don't think today is, then we'll see the "Come on down to Anaheim Ice..." headlines, tweets, and facebook posts.
I'm sure you're right. But I was looking forward to going today even before the CBA was agreed to. (I said Sunday in my earlier post but it was actually Saturday when I first called). Just makes no sense at all.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:57 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Because they could only be nice to the fans when they had something (good publicity) to gain from it? OK, I see your point.
Eh, I really don't see the big deal. If players are getting geared up for the season proper, maybe they want it behind closed doors for whatever reason.

As guy above said, takes just one person out of the group, if 1 out of say 20 doesn't want it open, then it's going to be shut.

And I don't see how this is missing a good PR opportunity, it's just a cluster of players from the area. It will be different if it was a team session behind closed doors, but it isn't, that's where the real PR opportunities are at this point.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Eh, I really don't see the big deal. If players are getting geared up for the season proper, maybe they want it behind closed doors for whatever reason.

As guy above said, takes just one person out of the group, if 1 out of say 20 doesn't want it open, then it's going to be shut.

And I don't see how this is missing a good PR opportunity, it's just a cluster of players from the area. It will be different if it was a team session behind closed doors, but it isn't, that's where the real PR opportunities are at this point.
You're right. It was never announced publicly so hardly anybody knows what they did. When the formal announcement comes out from the Ducks they will certainly open them up to the public with fanfare and tell us how much they love us in the same condescending way they did after the last lockout.

Closed Thread