HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2013, 12:59 PM
  #201
DanTHEMan71
Registered User
 
DanTHEMan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 290
vCash: 500
I think the best combo for opening night would be:

Ovi - Backs - Brouwer
MoJo - Ribs - Wolski
Chimer - Laich - Ward
Hendy - MP85/Beagle - Crabb/Sjogren

Carlson - Alzner (1A)
Green - Schultz (1B)
Hamr - Hillen/Orlov/Ersk

Holtby
Neuvy

ADAM OATES!!

DanTHEMan71 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 01:02 PM
  #202
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,155
vCash: 500
Assuming Nicky is healthy and ready to go:

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Johansson
Wolski - Ribeiro - Brouwer
Chimera - Laich - Ward
Hendricks - Beagle - Crabb
Perreault, Sjogren

Alzner - Carlson
Hamrlik - Green
Schultz - Erskine
Hillen

Holtby
Neuvirth

IR: Orlov, Poti

Mystlyfe is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 01:40 PM
  #203
Brave Sir Robin
Registered User
 
Brave Sir Robin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Assuming Nicky is healthy and ready to go:

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Johansson
Wolski - Ribeiro - Brouwer
Chimera - Laich - Ward
Hendricks - Beagle - Crabb
Perreault, Sjogren

Alzner - Carlson
Hamrlik - Green
Schultz - Erskine
Hillen

Holtby
Neuvirth

IR: Orlov, Poti
This, except for the bolded part. Two pylons won't work even as a third defensive pairing. While Orlov is out, we're better off recalling one of the Hershey dmen, like Kundratek (I really don't know anything about Hillen).

Anyway, regarding the 1st line, Ovi - Backstrom - Johansson is not exactly ideal, but it still seems better than Ovi - Backstrom - Brouwer. Brouwer has never found good chemistry with either Ovi or Nick.

Brave Sir Robin is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 02:32 PM
  #204
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
New guy types a lot.
Makes u miss gloves.

HSHS is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 02:38 PM
  #205
Langway
Moderator
Floatvechkin
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,129
vCash: 500
Hillen takes 3RD with Orlov out IMO given the experience and mobility advantage.

It'll be interesting to see what few Hershey players get the invite to camp since most teams will only bring up a handful. Kundratek, Stafford, Hamill, Mitchell and Potulny would be my guess. McKenzie tweeted that the expectation is they won't recall any CHLers (Wilson).

Langway is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 02:38 PM
  #206
Ovechkins Wodka
Registered User
 
Ovechkins Wodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 4,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Makes u miss gloves.
Hes been stalking Jan Vesely

Ovechkins Wodka is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 02:44 PM
  #207
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
I'm skeptical of Beagle's ability to thrive on this team without Dale as the head coach... but then again, I never thought he'd do as well as he did last year, so what do I know?
Hes just a plug. Play your 17 minutes, win your faceoffs and put up 15-15 and you're a god in that role. He can do that.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 03:13 PM
  #208
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 39,127
vCash: 500
i expect camp to be nhl roster only. maybe a free agent invitee or two. its too short for anything else. i expect no ahl players to be involved. they are busy.

txpd is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 03:18 PM
  #209
MoJoSauce
Registered User
 
MoJoSauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NNK
Country: United States
Posts: 434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i expect camp to be nhl roster only. maybe a free agent invitee or two. its too short for anything else. i expect no ahl players to be involved. they are busy.
I dont expect any that Oates doesn't think will make the roster. He had the whole weird coaching gig at Hershey which probably gave him enough of a look at who he would want up on the NHL roster

MoJoSauce is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 03:20 PM
  #210
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,664
vCash: 500
If Ribeiro isn't with Ovechkin I think we are using him wrong. Backstrom and Ribeiro are both great playmakers, but Nicky is a better scorer. And if you're putting Ribeiro with MoJo and Laich/Brouwer, whose going to score? I like:

Ovechkin-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Laich-Backstrom-Johansson

Backstrom and Johansson have pretty good chemistry. We pretty much know what we are getting with the top 6 above (hopefully OV is somewhat back to himself). Johansson is the real wildcard. If he can take the next step in his development it will do wonders for the team.

caps4cup is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 03:28 PM
  #211
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
If Ribeiro isn't with Ovechkin I think we are using him wrong. Backstrom and Ribeiro are both great playmakers, but Nicky is a better scorer. And if you're putting Ribeiro with MoJo and Laich/Brouwer, whose going to score? I like:

Ovechkin-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Laich-Backstrom-Johansson

Backstrom and Johansson have pretty good chemistry. We pretty much know what we are getting with the top 6 above (hopefully OV is somewhat back to himself). Johansson is the real wildcard. If he can take the next step in his development it will do wonders for the team.
Would also work out nicely from a zone-start perspective. Both Ribeiro and Ovi need to be heavy in the o-zone starts, whereas Backstrom can handle starting in the d-zone much more comfortably. I'd still go with whichever works better in terms of chemistry, though.

brs03 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 03:32 PM
  #212
Ovechkins Wodka
Registered User
 
Ovechkins Wodka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 4,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Would also work out nicely from a zone-start perspective. Both Ribeiro and Ovi need to be heavy in the o-zone starts, whereas Backstrom can handle starting in the d-zone much more comfortably. I'd still go with whichever works better in terms of chemistry, though.
I think Ovie and Backstrom stay on the same line. I took backstrom KHL signing to play with ovie as a way to keep chemistry together

Ovechkins Wodka is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 03:33 PM
  #213
caps4cup
Dynasty
 
caps4cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
I think Ovie and Backstrom stay on the same line. I took backstrom KHL signing to play with ovie as a way to keep chemistry together
As I made my post I was thinking the same thing but IMO Ribeiro needs a sniper like OV more than Backstrom does.

caps4cup is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 04:26 PM
  #214
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,846
vCash: 888
Guys, RMNB has a story about how one of them saw Orlov at a Hershey and asked him about being back in the line up and he said he will be back really soon.

I also thought we were over separating Ovi and Backstrom.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 04:29 PM
  #215
Langway
Moderator
Floatvechkin
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,129
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i expect camp to be nhl roster only. maybe a free agent invitee or two. its too short for anything else. i expect no ahl players to be involved. they are busy.
It's too short for anything really but it depends on the situation. Some teams need to evaluate the readiness of their AHLers/CHLers and other contingency options. Orlov's injury could open the door for a depth D spot being open and the same goes up the middle for Backstrom potentially.

Given that they'll be digesting a new system they probably will want it as cut down as possible but 25 isn't that big of a number. While Hershey has games there's still a veteran scratch most every game that could be put to better use.

Langway is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 05:46 PM
  #216
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
No need to insult me guys. I've got 500 posts in a month because I posted in the lockout threads and on The Rink.

I knew our fans were sometimes jerks but some of you guys are making us look bad.

Rather post something informative then "blah blah blah blah" in one post. I'll meet you half way and keep Chimera along with Perreault if they have good seasons. Beagle, Brouwer, and Schultz should go though. I like Beagle too, but he doesn't bring much to the team that others can't.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 05:50 PM
  #217
Carlzner
Game of Tanks
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
No need to insult me guys. I've got 500 posts in a month because I posted in the lockout threads and on The Rink.

I knew our fans were sometimes jerks but some of you guys are making us look bad.

Rather post something informative then "blah blah blah blah" in one post. I'll meet you half way and keep Chimera along with Perreault if they have good seasons. Beagle, Brouwer, and Schultz should go though. I like Beagle too, but he doesn't bring much to the team that others can't.
He's also paid $900k........................... and he's a 4th liner...............

I'm really confused on your objective right now.

Carlzner is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 06:01 PM
  #218
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
He's also paid $900k........................... and he's a 4th liner...............

I'm really confused on your objective right now.
Name ONE thing Beagle brings to the team other than his size. Career AHLer in my opinion. Not even as good as Keith Aucoin who had more points then he did in almost half as much games. We got rid of him because he's useless to the Caps and is older.

Ask Alexandre Giroux about this situation

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 06:03 PM
  #219
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Faceoffs. 4th line is for specialists like that, and he fits.

brs03 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 06:03 PM
  #220
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Faceoffs. 4th line is for specialists like that, and he fits.
Hendricks?

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
  #221
butters8814
Registered User
 
butters8814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,872
vCash: 500
Any injuries on the caps front, or nothing to be concerned with?

butters8814 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 06:05 PM
  #222
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Beagle's got a longer track record of being a faceoff wiz, and he's the only righty option on the team for now, but Hendricks continuing to stay strong there would make it easier to move on if they had a better option on the 4th line.

brs03 is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 06:07 PM
  #223
Carlzner
Game of Tanks
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
Name ONE thing Beagle brings to the team other than his size. Career AHLer in my opinion. Not even as good as Keith Aucoin who had more points then he did in almost half as much games. We got rid of him because he's useless to the Caps and is older.

Ask Alexandre Giroux about this situation
He's a 4th liner. He's not paid to put points on the board. He brings his Faceoff expertise, great penalty killing and defense which is exactly what he's supposed to do...

And again, he's only being paid $900k...

Carlzner is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 06:38 PM
  #224
I Am Score*
---BradD---
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
He's a 4th liner. He's not paid to put points on the board. He brings his Faceoff expertise, great penalty killing and defense which is exactly what he's supposed to do...

And again, he's only being paid $900k...
All i'm saying is the position could be improved. He's not a horribly bad hockey player, but having one solid line of nobodys doesn't help our team. We tried that. Even with players like Boyd Gordon and Matt Bradley that could score occasionally, we still didn't have success. More balance.

If this organization believes in Hendricks, Beagle becomes more irrelevant as another poster said.

I Am Score* is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 06:57 PM
  #225
HTFN
Registered User
 
HTFN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,087
vCash: 500
Jay Beagle also hustles as hard as anyone on the roster. If there's one thing that I notice about Beagle it's that he's pretty vigilant about keeping his feet moving and putting pressure on the puck carrier, and he's one of the few in the bottom 6 that consistently finishes his checks on the boards.

HTFN is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.