HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
so who's going to the week long Ranger camp? Miller, McIlrath, Thomas as prospects or do they not bother since they are going to stay in CT regardless?

Haley or Kolarik? I imagine Gilroy gets a two way deal at the very least and likely starts on the Rangers due to experience. DZ still out as well as a RFA

Old
01-06-2013, 07:39 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post

Undertaker drops them early
Lauridsen made it easy by leading with his chin.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I'd like to see McIlrath do a little less fighting for the sake of fighting. I like how he handled the Bourque hit, but squaring off with guys after the faceoff isn't what I want to see.

Old
01-06-2013, 09:56 AM
McDonaghisGod
Speed kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'd like to see McIlrath do a little less fighting for the sake of fighting. I like how he handled the Bourque hit, but squaring off with guys after the faceoff isn't what I want to see.
Agreed. His focus should be on developing a more well rounded game particularly with all time he's missed with injury.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Mikos87

Quote:
I agree with you, but that's a part of his job. Coming in with the reputation as one of the toughest kids out of the 'Dub in recent memory, Dylan is going to have to make the rounds and take on all challengers until he cements his reputation in the minor pros. The same will undoubtedly occur at the NHL level as well in due time.

It just comes with the territory when you've got the job that Dylan does, and I'm sure his teammates appreciate what he brings to the table. Just as they do for Michael Haley, whose stepped up nearly as much as Prust did for the big league team last year, but only in half a season's time.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Islander fan here (duh) Ive been following McIlrath since day 1. He is best friends with Islander D-Man Travis Hamonic. They played together in Moose Jaw. Anyway, a neat story was the year Dylan was drafted I talked to Travis and he had told me that they Dylan was staying at his home in Manitoba and prior to the draft and while they were skating Dylan had gotten a missed call. When he finally checked his phone it was from a Rangers rep telling him they would like to meet (and they were interested).

He said the Rangers were the first team that showed interest. Anyway FFW to my convo with Travis I asked him "how weird is it to have your best friend drafted by the enemy?" He said they both found it pretty funny and probably the best quote to come from that conversation with Travis:

Quote:
Best friends or not, if we ever played against each other I would be greatly disappointed if he didnt try and put me through the boards every single shift. I'm sure he feels the same way about me.
Just thought I'd share that.

On the other hand (working for Hockeyfights.com) Ive obviously have had many chances to see him play (and fight). He has 57 career fights including pre season and rookie tournaments and has a voted record of 40-4-6. That's pretty impressive. Good luck with this kid, he's a gamer.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:17 AM
JCrusher*

Quote:
i agree having an enforcer is great but not all the time

Old
01-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Let's hope all the other teams now lose enough players to the NHL that they suck just a tad bit more.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:44 AM
eco's bones

Rangers have lacked a really tough d-man capable of playing a regular shift for ages. If McIlrath develops the way he's supposed to the Rangers should be a much better team for it. I really don't get some people sometimes. This kid should play--not be a 4th line goon but a regular day in day out at least 15 minutes per game player and when a team has a seriously tough player who can take a regular shift it has a really valuable asset. McIlrath could be to the Rangers defense what Lucic is the Bruins forecheck. He's also a right side d-man who when ready should slot right into the lineup as our right side is weaker than our left.

As far as the Whale goes--Haley's been fighting a ton and he is not a big body though sometimes he fights big body goons. Dylan's presence will give him a break.

Old
01-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Rangers have lacked a really tough d-man capable of playing a regular shift for ages. If McIlrath develops the way he's supposed to the Rangers should be a much better team for it. I really don't get some people sometimes. This kid should play--not be a 4th line goon but a regular day in day out at least 15 minutes per game player and when a team has a seriously tough player who can take a regular shift it has a really valuable asset. McIlrath could be to the Rangers defense what Lucic is the Bruins forecheck. He's also a right side d-man who when ready should slot right into the lineup as our right side is weaker than our left.

As far as the Whale goes--Haley's been fighting a ton and he is not a big body though sometimes he fights big body goons. Dylan's presence will give him a break.
Haley may be a Ranger soon too

Old
01-06-2013, 11:00 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
First games back as a rookie I think he was busting to fight and prove himself but over time he'll have to learn to pick his spots. Luckily he has beuke to teach him

Old
01-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Pizza

When all is said and done we're going to appreciate how McIlrath shuts down the opposition more than how he fights. But for now he will be challenged an awful lot. The AHL has plenty of guys who want to see what he's made of.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:47 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
When all is said and done we're going to appreciate how McIlrath shuts down the opposition more than how he fights. But for now he will be challenged an awful lot. The AHL has plenty of guys who want to see what he's made of.
This is exactly why he will continue to rack up the fights for the rest of the season. Same thing will happen with Noreau next year.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:55 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
i agree having an enforcer is great but not all the time
Especially as a defenseman. It's one thing having a fourth line wing sitting for five minutes practically every game, but I definitely would not want a top six defenseman doing the same.

Hopefully he tones down the frequency of the fighting (particularly staged fights) and limits it to reactionary fights during the flow of play.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
This is exactly why he will continue to rack up the fights for the rest of the season. Same thing will happen with Noreau next year.
he isnt even signed yet.. lets see if he gets signed... whatever happen with Randy McNaught? he is still listed in the system but hasnt played this year?? seems like a wasted draft pick..

Old
01-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

this just in Chris Kreider not playing vs the Penguins....
'

Old
01-06-2013, 02:46 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
this just in Chris Kreider not playing vs the Penguins....
'
Is Kreider hurt or just being benched?

Old
01-06-2013, 02:49 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Is Kreider hurt or just being benched?
Neither. They don't want to risk these players getting hurt before training camp starts.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:02 PM
egelband

i'm really looking forward to the mcilrath era beginning. i really hope his defensive game is good and he plays smart and tough. i want him to *not* be a dirty headhunter. but someone who polices the ice and keeps henrik clean. i don't mind the odd mano-a-mano either.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Neither. They don't want to risk these players getting hurt before training camp starts.
any other scratches? Assume Haley is coming to camp or do they not care about others lol

Buzz: Chris Kreider Not Playing For The Whale Today
January 6th, 2013 3:19 pm
Larry Brooks tweets that Chris Kreider is not in the lineup for the Whale today.

Kreider is scratched so that he doesn’t get hurt before Rangers training camp.

As of 44 minutes ago Bob Crawford of the Whale tweeted that he was taking warmup a with Kris Newbury and Brandon Segal

Old
01-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

McIlrath needs to hit and fight. That's whats going to get him to the NHL. He's not going to be a shut down defenseman. He's not going to put up 30+ points. what he needs to do is intimidate the eff outta players. that goes with hitting and fighting. Drop the gloves Dylan. Keep kicking ass.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
he isnt even signed yet.. lets see if he gets signed... whatever happen with Randy McNaught? he is still listed in the system but hasnt played this year?? seems like a wasted draft pick..

God forbid our 7th round pick doesn't work out. All of them should be as good as our 7th rounder in 2000, right?

Old
01-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Any whale watchers know what has happened to Kyle Jean? He's really disappeared after that hot start.

Having read your insulting comment, Jean responded with a pair of goals. Hopefully can keep this lead (with the third about to start) and give Missie a shutout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
any other scratches? ... Chris Kreider Not Playing For The Whale Today
Kreider is a healthy scratch. Not sure if it's to save him for the NHL or to punish him for coasting.

Old
01-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
McIlrath needs to hit and fight. That's whats going to get him to the NHL. He's not going to be a shut down defenseman. He's not going to put up 30+ points. what he needs to do is intimidate the eff outta players. that goes with hitting and fighting. Drop the gloves Dylan. Keep kicking ass.
sounds like another Dale Purinton. i hope thats not what your hoping he turns into. he needs to be good defensively and be able to keep up with the play. no need for Purinton or Jamie Pushor 2

Old
01-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
God forbid our 7th round pick doesn't work out. All of them should be as good as our 7th rounder in 2000, right?

i just dont see the purpose on wasting a draft pick on drafting an enforcer. those players you can get through waivers or UFA..

Closed Thread